Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Disclaimer: gist guessed from online translation ^^

May 5, 2010

Not really about Soyeon but something good from Prosecutor Princess, seems that Hyeri's blouses worn in the drama have been helping to raise the professional women's style and outlook. A lot of working women have looking up at the characters played on television as well as the female newscasters and announcers for fashion tips. PP's Ma Hye Ri especially conveyed a lot of the classic charm and even a romantic aura by just simple yet lovely soft blouse worn by the actress in the courtroom scene.

20100505101546909h9_102140_0.jpg

Source: kr.news.yahoo.com

Guest riehae

i'm actually loving her drama.

sometimes it seems like she's trying hard.

but i believe she's doing a good job in portraying her role.

Guest yourasthma

this is actually my first post on soompi. always been a silent reader but i just want to show my appreciation for kim so yeon as an actress. im watching her play young mi in all about eve. simply amazing. i dont think i have ever felt such sympathy for such an evil villain before. and to think she was merely about 20 years old when she acted in AAE. basically, i just thought of posting to encourage any reader to watch her in all about eve. it was made a long time ago but it does not feel dated at all. it's always nice to watch pretty people act but watching pretty people who can act damn well is pure entertainment and awe.

this is actually my first post on soompi. always been a silent reader but i just want to show my appreciation for kim so yeon as an actress. im watching her play young mi in all about eve. simply amazing. i dont think i have ever felt such sympathy for such an evil villain before. and to think she was merely about 20 years old when she acted in AAE. basically, i just thought of posting to encourage any reader to watch her in all about eve. it was made a long time ago but it does not feel dated at all. it's always nice to watch pretty people act but watching pretty people who can act damn well is pure entertainment and awe.

Hi yourasthma, welcome to Kim So Yeon thread and congrats on your first-time post at the forum, hope you'll keep on writing & sharing with us here. :D

All About Eve would not be as memorable as it is now a Kdrama classic if it wasn't for Kim So Yeon's sterling performance in the series. I too.. was so surprised when I found out Soyeon's age at the time. Such powerful performance from a young actress no one would expect to linger on, till today.

I really love what you said about pretty people who could act so well -- that is so true. Hope you'll be able to watch KSY in IRIS (nothing like she was AAE, so superbly cool and awesome) as well as her current role in Prosecutor Princess -- another turnaround and head-turning performance, so to speak. She is nothing like any of her roles before.. be it the evil girl, spy girl or glamor girl, each of her onscreen personas simply stands out. She is truly an actress with such down-to-earth beauty and undeniably heartwarming personality. :wub:

May 6, 2010

Kim So Yeon, emotional explosion 'storm tears'

201005060950381001_1.jpg

201005061022271112_1.jpg

0658191.jpg

06_58128.jpg

Source: news.nate.com 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Thanks to the cool highlight by kaedejun at the PP thread -

p.s. i laughed when i saw the store that HR went to buy IW's gift - it's the same one in IRIS where Lee Byung Hun goes to to find a secret key. they made that ridiculous looking store into a safe deposit place, and here it looks like an exclusive shopping mall or something!

The Macos Adamas store shown in IRIS also featured in Prosecutor Princess. This time it's Hyeri's turn to have shoot in the unusal jewelry store. :P

What an intentional? coincidence, Ma Hyeri went straight to the IRIS jewelry display. KSY acting oblivious to the fact the IRIS poster is right under her nose. :lol: It's like a spoof to her previous drama series.. there have been quite a few, of course. ;)

iris_ppmacos1.jpg

macosadamas.jpg

Also PP's Lollipop Pens -- Hyeri's favourite! :wub:

100506_4be2552b46874.jpg

100506_4be255418de24.jpg

Source: news.nate.com

Guest mandalaywith

Prosecutor Princess New pics

Source-SBS Homepage

Our Princess So Yeon So Cute~! B):wub:

a0109543_4be28eb3b262f.jpg

a0109543_4be28eb185b1a.jpg

a0109543_4be28eb329172.jpg

a0109543_4be28eb34228f.jpg

a0109543_4be28eb3c3872.jpg

Hi mandalaywith, the PP captures of HR/KSY are awesome -- thanks so much for sharing them here. Really appreciate the pics.

Always come and post more, ok. :lol:

Soyeon-ssi is so cute indeed, and just so charming! :wub:

Guest stoolker

hi dropping some love for KSY, i have never watched all about eve! i really want to watch it...does anyone know where i can watch it? I started to like KSY from watching her in IRIS, shes just amazing there! loved her character so cool! Ksy in pp is sooo cute!! i feel like only ksy can give ma hye ri that personality in the drama, shes such a good actress! she gives hye ri so much hye-ri-ness! lol. i hope we can watch more and more good works from ksy!!

Guest Zombie

Yah, KSY is one of the underated actress in SKorea.

Besides ABE, she is also outstanding in her supporting role in chinese movie Seven Swords, opp the famous chinese actor Donnie Yen. :lol: Their love scene was so beautifully filmed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Swords

I am happy that she is finally getting recognition after Iris drama and now the entertaining PP.

Guest mandalaywith

HR So Yeon Fanart Gif

a0109543_4be29c5166cab.gif

HR-IW Couple Fanart

a0109543_4be29c3ddca45.jpg

a0109543_4be29c3dabd86.jpg

HR-IW Couple Kiss Scence Fanart

a0109543_4be29c3e611b0.jpg

HR-IW Couple Fanart Postcard

Source-SBS Photo

a0109543_4be29c503303d.jpg

a0109543_4be29c50d234c.jpg

a0109543_4be29c50bbe34.jpg

Pics Source-SBS Homepage

rubie

Thanks your message~! :)

Guest yourasthma

Oh that was a quick response. Thanks and I now realise posting on Soompi is addictive. Yes I watched her as Sun Hwa and am now watching her as Ma Hye Ri. I know in my head they are the same person but in my heart they feel so different. Could be the hairstyle or the age difference but I am pretty darn sure a lot of people will agree it's KSY's acting skills lol.

Hi yourasthma, welcome to Kim So Yeon thread and congrats on your first-time post at the forum, hope you'll keep on writing & sharing with us here. :D

All About Eve would not be as memorable as it is now a Kdrama classic if it wasn't for Kim So Yeon's sterling performance in the series. I too.. was so surprised when I found out Soyeon's age at the time. Such powerful performance from a young actress no one would expect to linger on, till today.

I really love what you said about pretty people who could act so well -- that is so true. Hope you'll be able to watch KSY in IRIS (nothing like she was AAE, so superbly cool and awesome) as well as her current role in Prosecutor Princess -- another turnaround and head-turning performance, so to speak. She is nothing like any of her roles before.. be it the evil girl, spy girl or glamor girl, each of her onscreen personas simply stands out. She is truly an actress with such down-to-earth beauty and undeniably heartwarming personality. :wub:

May 6, 2010

Source: news.nate.com 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

hi dropping some love for KSY, i have never watched all about eve! i really want to watch it...does anyone know where i can watch it? I started to like KSY from watching her in IRIS, shes just amazing there! loved her character so cool! Ksy in pp is sooo cute!! i feel like only ksy can give ma hye ri that personality in the drama, shes such a good actress! she gives hye ri so much hye-ri-ness! lol. i hope we can watch more and more good works from ksy!!

Not sure if these are subbed but links seem to be working.. I think. Hope this helps and you'll get enjoy KSY at her best (best villainess ever!!!), but of course.. she's even better now. :wub:

All About Eve

Oh that was a quick response. Thanks and I now realise posting on Soompi is addictive. Yes I watched her as Sun Hwa and am now watching her as Ma Hye Ri. I know in my head they are the same person but in my heart they feel so different. Could be the hairstyle or the age difference but I am pretty darn sure a lot of people will agree it's KSY's acting skills lol.

One thing we just love about Soyeon is that she's willing to change and work really, really hard.. like cutting her trademark long hair really short for IRIS and doing risky action scenes.. that certainly gave her a completely new look, new persona all the way. And to note how girlish and very sweetly soft-spoken the real person she is.. KSY just amazes us every time when she became Sunhwa. Even in PP, doing the overweight scenes, truly pure commitment and nothing less.

I totally get what you mean how we'd be thinking that this can't be the same person (YoungMi to Sunhwa to Hyeri) -- just so unbelievable sometimes but that's how a good actor really is and Kim So Yeon is undisputedly a talented versatile actress. She came a long way for this and despite previous setbacks, etc.. she proved her acting worth every time and even more. Girl power, Soyeon-ssi -- Fighting! :wub:

I don't mind KSY being a bit underrated (than overrated) but most importantly someone who can act and noted positively because the true evalution of her acting would speak for itself.

Guest mandalaywith

Drama"Prosecutor Princess" Opening 2 - Goodbye My Princess(HD)

Youtube Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KYB8FwlzzM

Vod link HD.I'm upload to TP File.Youku link will be update.

Opening 2 TP File download Link will be update!wait.

Now i upload to file. :)

PP Drama Opening 2 Vod in HR-IW Couple Cap

I hope Drama is HappyEnding :)

a0109543_4be2e8bf4df26.jpg

Guest mandalaywith

Prosecutor Princess E12 Rating

TNmS

Nationwide [11.5%] - Seoul [11.5%]

AGB

Nationwide [10.8%] - Seoul [10.8%]

Source-TNS,AGB website

wow~!TNms rating is Hight :)

KSY fighting~! :lol:

Prosecutor Princess E12 Caps

Source-PP DC Gall

1273162055_201005070108021935221301_0.jpg

1273162055_201005070108015977221301_0.jpg

More Cap will be update~!

thank you mandalaywith for the screen caps

I love KSY in AAE, she's so good there being the villian that I wanted to strangle her in every of her scene

Sun Hwa in IRIS ... whuihh .... no need to say. I think she's the best, 2nd to Go Hyung Jung

Hye Rin in Prosecutor Princess is another brilliant performance

I love to see her more

Guest yourasthma

KSY as Young Mi made me wanna hug her and save her from herself. Most heartbreaking scenes for me in AAE was when she promised to take revenge against woo jin's killers ie the ex-bf and herself and the scene where she showered in her clothes. She made me cry so much I lost my double eyelids. And now that PP is ending, I feel like an addict worrying about his next fix. I hope KSY continues to make a lot of dramas.

Guest re8a

hi everyone ^^ i have been a silent reader since IRIS days lol

it's my first post here i just want to say that i love Kim Soyeon so much she is pretty and cute and funny and amazing actress and PP is my favorite drama after IRIS and KSY was also amazing in "Gourmet"

i want to see her in a movie soon