[movie 2009] Sisters On The Road 지금, 이대로가 좋아요

melusine

Guest lot_lot

thank you so much, melusine, for updating the thread and providing and sharing all the goodies. I hope the DVD is released sooner rather than later.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ostcover.jpg

Track list

1. 찔레꽃 (Feat. 말로)

2. 지금 이대로가 좋아요

3. 뮤직박스 1

4. 아침

5. 기억

6. Danny Boy

7. 자동차 여행

8. 젓가락 행진곡

9. 렌터카

10. 생명의 은인

11. Wayfairing Stranger (Feat. 말로)

12. 회전그네 1

13. 회전그네 2

14. 뮤직박스 2

15. 기차역에서 (Feat. 말로)

16. 가족

17. 밤거리

18. 터닝포인트

19. 함께 할 날에

20. 찔레꽃 (Reprise)

Track list in English (via Google Translate; pls correct me for any errors)

1. Wild Rose <Jjillekkot> (Feat. Malo)

2. I Like How Things are Here, Now

3. Music Box 1

4. Morning

5. Remember

6. Danny Boy

7. Road Trip

8. Chopsticks

9. Car Rental

10. He Saved My Life

11. Wayfairing Stranger (Feat. Malo)

12. Round Swing 1

13. Round Swing 2

14. Music Box 2

15. At the Train Station (Feat. Malo)

16. Family

17. Nightlife

18. Turning Point

19. A Day Together

20. Wild Rose <Jjillekkot> (Reprise)

Listen @ Naver or Daum

Download @ Khanh.I.Am or AsiaN LouD or We Love Asian OSTs

Buy @ YesAsia or DVDAsian or AsianDB or MadMad

Translated lyrics and cultural context of the song Jjillekkot @ Ask a Korean!.

OST launch-related events:

http://cafe.naver.com/spongehouse/20882

http://cafe.naver.com/spongehouse/20881

http://cafe.naver.com/spongehouse/20894

6purmae33.jpg

8purmae33.jpg

9purmae33.jpg

credit: http://blog.naver.com/purmae33/140067880421

Written and directed by Boo Ji Young, Sisters on the Road is a sensitive drama about two sisters' journey to find their father, and themselves in the process. Shin Min Ah (The Naked Kitchen) plays a young woman who returns home to Jeju upon her mother's death. Surrounded by her family again, she is haunted by her emotional complex about being an illegitimate child and decides to set out to find her father with her older sister, played by Kong Hyo Jin (Crush and Blush). For the film's soundtrack, renowned music director Choi Seung Hyun (Black House, Dachimawa Lee) has brought together an earthy selection of simple, atmospheric scores and songs that recall days gone by. The 19-track OST includes songs by jazz singer Malo and Book Band, a fresh young band that bases their music on literature. [YesAsia]

Guest lot_lot

That's good news indeed! Thanks for sharing, lot_lot (and for the MinAh pics too).

EDITED

Box Office <credit: KOBIS>

[2009/05/10]

17. Sisters On The Road 지금 이대로가 좋아요 (South Korea)

Opening Date : 2009/04/23

Adm / Total Adm : 1,486 / 16,884

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 10,619,000 / 115,918,500

Screen : 13

[2009/05/15~17]

19. Sisters On The Road 지금 이대로가 좋아요 (South Korea)

Opening Date : 2009/04/23

Adm / Total Adm : 1,191 / 18,997

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 7,891,500 / 129,799,000

Screen : 11

The movie is still showing in Sponge House theaters [skeds: May 12~17, May 19~24, May 22~27]

and in KT&G's Sangsangmadang cinema from May 7 onwards [via http://www.sangsangmadang.com/]

hey melusine, can you clarify the numbers from above, are those from two different theaters? Or are the numbers from that particular week's statistics, which is even better :D It's great that it is still being shown in theaters.

thanks, cutiepie for sharing the NGs :lol: Pobre, MinAh, could not stop laughing.

Good news for the Soompiers in Seoul! :P

logoartcinema1.jpg

There will be a FREE screening at Seoul Art Cinema on June 29, 2009 at 7:30 pm. This '영화·희망·나눔 영화인 캠페인 상영회' (Cinema~Hope~Sharing Movie Campaign) event is sponsored by The Korean Association of Cinematheques, Cine21, The Beautiful Foundation, Women in Film Korea, Korean Association of Film Art & Industry, Korean Film Producers Association and Association of Korea Independent Film & Video.

Again, admission is free, but you have to apply for tickets via email [form/form].

Contact#: 02-741-9782

http://www.cinematheque.seoul.kr/rgboard/a...read&no=333

cutiepie Thanks for the NGs :lol:

is gong hyo jin doing any tv series?

She's currently reviewing movie and drama scripts and hasn't picked her next project yet. :)

I hope the DVD is released sooner rather than later.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.^^

hey melusine, can you clarify the numbers from above, are those from two different theaters? Or are the numbers from that particular week's statistics, which is even better :D It's great that it is still being shown in theaters.

The latter. ;)

Here's the latest: <credit: KOBIS>

[2009/05/22~24]

Adm / Total Adm : 348 / 20,059

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 1,757,000 / 136,052,000

Screen : 7

[2009/05/29~31]

Adm / Total Adm : 166 / 20,743

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 829,000 / 140,134,000

Screen : 4

[2009/06/05~07]

Adm / Total Adm : 192 / 21,061

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 1,278,000 / 142,130,000

Screen : 3

There's been a sharp decline in the ranking and admissions, probably because new films were released (which replaced it in theaters), plus those who were gonna see SotR have already done so.

0236_woodencomb.jpg

credit: http://cafe.naver.com/spongehouse/20777

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lot_lot

Good news, Sisters On The Road has been invited to the Carlsbad International Film Festival (aka The Karlovy Vary International Film Festival), which is from July 3 through July 11, 2009. The festival will be in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, I hope GHJ and SMA will be able to attend because it sounds like fun. Here is the article

hey melusine, thanks for clarifying the numbers.

title_news.gif

"Sisters on the Road" directed by BOO Ji-young wiil be screened at the 44th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival which will be held from July 3rd to 11th in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.

This film will be presented in the prestigious competitive section Forum of Independents where the films compete for the Independent Camera Award.

Source: http://www.indiestory.com/English/html/ind...mp;NoticeType=4

Thanks for the info, lot_lot. Looks like you got your wish (well, half of it^^), see below. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

logoen.gif

11807festivalposter2009.jpg

http://www.kviff.com/en/film-detail/2800-sisters-ontheroad/

Sisters on the Road

Jee-geum E-dae-ro-ga Jo-a-yo

Colour, 35 mm

South Korea, 2008, 90 min

IP - International premiere

Section: Forum of Independents

Film trailer: Higher quality | Lower quality

Film screenings:

225 - 4.7., 18:30, Small Hall - Thermal

3E5 - 5.7., 22:00, Espace Dorleans Cinema

Director: Boo Ji-young

Screenplay: Boo Ji-young

Dir. of Photography: Kim Dong-eun

Music: Choi Seung-hyun

Designer: Lee Jong-pil

Editor: Kim Soo-jin

Producer: Yoo Seung-young

Production: DNA Productions Co. Ltd.

Sales: Indiestory Inc.

Cast

Kong Hyo-jin, Shin Mina, Kim Sang-hyun

Synopsis

12575-sisters-ontheroad.jpg

Two sisters who've long been separated meet up once again at their mother's funeral. They are opposites in character due, among other things, to having different fathers. Older, earthy Myung-ju is a single mother who works at a fish market and lives at her mother's house with her aunt. Younger, sophisticated Myung-eun long ago severed ties to the family, and she now lives a yuppie life in the city. The funeral, however, reawakens the impulse to seek out her father. She has an address on an old envelope to aid her in her quest, not to mention her sister, who remembers Myung-eun's father from the time he lived with their mother. One of the most mature South Korean debuts of recent years expands the concept of the road movie into a journey during which it doesn't matter where the characters physically go, but rather how they change internally. The movie's original, precisely constructed screenplay is refreshing in its artful use of a melodramatic frame in order to depict the elusive situation hidden under its generic surface.

About the director

12576-sisters-ontheroad.jpg

Boo Ji-young (b. 1971, South Korea) graduated in educational psychology from Korea's prestigious Ewha Women's University in Seoul, as well as from the Korean Academy of Film Arts. She made her first short movie, Spark, in 1997. In 2000-2001 she shot a trio of short DV/16 mm films, which were screened at a number of domestic festivals. Her fourth short film, A Drop of Clear Salty Liquid (Nunmul, 2002), took the Special Prize at the Daegu Independent Short Film Festival. Sisters on the Road is her debut feature.

Film Guests

Boo Ji-young, Shin Mina, Park Soon-hong

13111-actress-mina-shin-and-directo.jpg

13097-actress-mina-shin-and-directo.jpg

13098-actress-mina-shin-screening-i.jpg

13099-actress-mina-shin-sisters-on-.jpg

July 4th, 2009 - Actress Shin Mina and Director Boo Ji-young - screening introduction (Sisters on the Road, South Korea)

No hotlinking pls!

logo.gif

http://aiwff.com/modules/films/details.php?bid=4&cid=2

SISTERS ON THE ROAD-Japan Premiere

3.jpg

Korea/2008/90min.

Director: Boo Ji-young

With the absence of her father and her complex about being an illegitimate child, Myung-eun tells her half sister Hyun-a to start looking for her father after the funeral of their mother. The sisters, who have dissimilarity in character and living style, travel together to find Myung-eun’s father and keep arguing. However they begin to understand each other slightly and Hyun-a tells a secret about Myung-eun’s father.

85.jpg

Screenings (attended by Director Boo Ji-young)

2 Sep.(Wed.) Will Hall

10:00 SISTERS ON THE ROAD/90min.(L-code:48701)

11:30 Guest Talk

12:10 

3 Sep.(Thu.) Conference Room

18:30 SISTERS ON THE ROAD/90min.(L-code:48720)

20:00 Guest Talk

20:30 

79.jpg

5 Sep.(Sat.) YATOMI CITY/INTEGRATED SOCIAL EDUCATION CENTER

13:30 SISTERS ON THE ROAD/90min.

15:00 Guest Talk

15:40 

6 Sep.(Sun.) SETO CITY/SETO-GURA TSUBAKI-HALL

13:30 SISTERS ON THE ROAD/90min.

15:30 Guest Talk

16:10 

outline_en.gif

http://aiwff.com/modules/outline/

Aichi International Women's Film Festival has supported the advancement of women in society and promoted international exchange between women since its launch in 1996. We screen films directed by female directors, invite world-famous female directors and rising female directors, and hold guest talks and symposium that provide the participants with opportunities to exchange their views and ideas in order to promote the realization of a gender-equal society.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lot_lot

melusine!!! :D Thank you so much for sharing the Karlovy Vary Film Fest pictures. Too bad that HyoJin could not attend, I sorta wished she did because she could sell the movie better than MinAh. Thanks again, I'll re-upload to pictures to MinAh's thread. Thank goodness I read your post on HyoJin's thread or else I would not have thought to look at your previous post for the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lot_lot

I just watched the movie, without Eng subs, and it was sad, made me cry at the end. Even though I don't know what the conversations are, the eyes of the actors told the story. I wish to watch this again with Eng subs. So sad that they had to wait 2 years for this to be shown.

• 4 weeks later...

topLogo.gif

Three S. Korean films compete at Tokyo film fest

Yonhap News hayney@yna.co.kr

2009/09/19 19:22 KST

SEOUL, Sept. 19 (Yonhap) -- Three South Korean films, including a Korea-French collaborated work produced by Cannes award-winning Lee Chang-dong, will be competing at this year's Tokyo International Film Festival, the event's Web site said Saturday.

South Korean director Park Gun-yong's "Bronze Medalists," Hong Sang-soo's "Like You Know it All," and "A Brand New Life," a debut feature by French-Korean director Ounie Lecomte, are among the 18 entries from 14 countries to compete in the Winds of Asia section. The winner of the section will receive a cash award of US$10,000.

Opening with Jacques Perrin's "Oceans" and closing with Disney/Pixar animation "Up," the 22nd Tokyo film fest will run for six days from Oct. 17, featuring some 270 films from Asia and around the world.

Established in 1985, the Tokyo fete is one of Asia's two competitive film festivals accredited by the Paris-based International Federation of Film Producers Associations which has 31 member associations from 25 leading audiovisual production countries. A Korean organization has yet to be accepted as a member.

The Korean Cinema Week, hosted by the Korean Embassy in Tokyo, will feature "Old Partner," "GO GO 70s" and "Why Are You Here in Our House?"

Female director Bu Ji-young's "Sisters On the Road" will be screened during the Tokyo International Women's Film Festival, coinciding with the main event, along nine other female directors' works from the United States, France, Poland and elsewhere.

South Korean actor Yoo Ji-tae, who has recently made a directing debut, has been named a jury member for the Tokyo Grand Prix, the top prize, while South Korea's Pusan International Film Festival programmer Kim Ji-suk will be participating as a jury member of the Winds of Asia section.

http://www.tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/title_21.html

ttl_women.gif

10 films from Korea, U.S.A., France, Germany, Poland, Japan and elsewhere will be screened, plus the special screenings for the 100th anniversary of Kinuyo Tanaka’s birth and a symposium "Our Choice".

Co-hosted by:

Tokyo International Women's Film Festival Executive Committee

Tokyo-Metropolitan Government / UNIJAPAN (Japan Association for the International Promotion of Moving Images)

Period: Oct.17 [sat] - Oct.21 [Wed]

Venue: Iwanami Hall / Sumitomo Corporation

Films:

Girls of the Dark

Kinuyo Tanaka's New Deperture

Sisters On the Road

Mother's Way Daughter's Choice

Beautiful Islands

Katyn

The Beaches of Agnes (Les Plages d'Agnès)

The Red Spot (Der Rote Punkt)

TOKAIDOYOTSUYAKAIDAN

http://www.iwff.jp/

tiwff.jpg

http://www.iwff.jp/schedule/index.html

schedule.gif

As part of the 46th Daejong Film Festival, there will be free movie screenings daily from Sept 26-30. Sisters on the Road will be shown on the 29th, followed by an audience greeting+discussion (GV=Guest Visit) with BJY, SMA and GHJ.

http://www.daejongsang.com/05_hrfs/hrfs02.asp

10mlu3c.gif

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

RPR20090820001700353_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lot_lot

Sister On The Road will be released on DVD this Oct 27, 2009. I saw the advert on yesasia.com. The DVD will be in Korean with English and Korean subs. The cost on yesasia is $24.99, but unfortunately it's region 3. You can preorder your copy on the site.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smittenkitten

i don't even remember how i came across this thread . . .

but shin mina and gong hyo jin being two of my favorite korean actresses, i was pleasantly surprised in finding out they made this movie together. i knew it was going to be good, but this went beyond all my expectations. the acting was really really great, but what also touched me was the writing, and the amazing dialogue between the two sisters. i can't describe the movie in any other way besides honest and raw. and it's very heartfelt. i love being inspired by talented women, especially in a field so male dominated. i hope to see more work from this director/writer in the future, and i hope this movie gets recognition it deserves. it seems like it is :)

Archived