[[Alice `N I N E]]

Guest JASON;

^i think the livejournal link above is private. Can't read it even after logging in.

edit: found a news article for the PV

Alice Nine Senkou PV released

The music video for Alice Nine’s newest single “Senkou” is finally out! The song is catchy if not amazing. As typical of Alice Nine, the guitar solos are ridiculously awesome and the pv is filled with flashy special effects here and there.

No doubt this “Senkou” will be another big hit for the band.

Source: http://www.tokyofied.com/2010/07/alice-nine-senkou-pv-released/

PV: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe72t1_senkoupv_music

Yeah I should have mentioned that you need to be apart of the community to see the link.

I think the PV is okay and the song is okay, Alice Nine can do heaps better imo

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zuzu21

In Senkou I love the guitar solos and the powerful beggining,I guess these are the main points of the song.

Overall,it's a good track!

But I believe they can do better~

Pon's getting better song by song,anyway<3

Guest lttlrshark

Senkou is definitely good. It is a good break from their dull pv's lately like sleepwalker or Hana. those ones seem to be very very very smooth songs. This one is more upbeat. but of course the other songs featured on those singles were upbeat. I'm just talking about an upbeat PV though. Anyone going to the 1/6 final tour live at Nippon Budoukan? I may be going..but i prefer their small venue lives. You feel closer to them, and its easier to catch stuff xD. I only managed to catch this at their Yokohama bay hall live. its a very small live compared to a Nippon Budoukan or big theatre hall type like Nakano sun plaza they did last year.

Its so tiny and black I dont know how i even got it.

ie17js.jpg

Guest eunnah008

:lol:

ohmygod!!

I love their new Look!!

xD

my ponpon-chan looks so hoooot on senkou PV!

dang!!

and shou,hiroto and saga has TWITTER! :D

^_^

Hey guys, double post, but I need to bump up this thread because download links for the 4 new songs are up on the Alice Nine LJ here

Haven't heard any of the songs except Senkou yet but so far I'm listening to the full Japanese named song which I think is a really good song.

• 1 month later...
Guest jupiter2venus

To be honest though, the song so far doesn't sound too appealing, and the video looks kinda boring too. Disappointing from the 15 seconds >_>"

mte <_<

i'm more excited about their show though...i miss seeing the boys doing silly things on the show.

Guest jupiter2venus

I hope so too...can't wait to hear the whole song!

Tora and Hiroto's guitar skills never fail to impress me...they are amazing!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jupiter2venus

I can't watch the pv properly because i kept looking at mogu!

Anyways,the song is ok to me and the pv too.nothing great but i still like it ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmm, I wouldn't say they're completely soft now, they still have songs like:

Drella and

百花繚乱 (which isn't really heavy)

That was 2 years ago though...

I guess the hardest they've made in the past year are:

Le Grand Bleu and

Solar Eclipse which again, aren't really that heavy

Their upcoming album I think has a couple of heavier songs:

Previews here

KING&QUEEN which sounds like it's going to be sort of heavy and

RUMWOLF

Mmm, I wouldn't say they're completely soft now, they still have songs like:

Drella and

百花繚乱 (which isn't really heavy)

That was 2 years ago though...

I guess the hardest they've made in the past year are:

Le Grand Bleu and

Solar Eclipse which again, aren't really that heavy

Their upcoming album I think has a couple of heavier songs:

Previews here

KING&QUEEN which sounds like it's going to be sort of heavy and

RUMWOLF

Drella and Le Grand Bleu ain't too bad. Still, seems like the majority of their works been toned down a bit from their early days. In fact it seems like it's become a trend for some of the J-Rock bands I've gone back and had a listen to. For example, what happened to MUCC? I used to be a big fan of their early material, and then they started releasing stuff like this:

MUCC - Falling Down

...the hell? I mean, I'm all for change and experimentation..... but I don't think this is a particular good way to go about it; it deviates too much from their original sound. Something like this is a bit of a disappointment for me when they had previously released awesome songs like this:

MUCC - Gentou Sanka

Granted, not every band seems to have mellowed out, but they've all changed in some ways, for better or not. Gazette's got a Metalcore/Alternative Metal sound going for them now, but oddly enough I  prefer their more Punk-ish sound from the early days. Kaggra, and Merry seem to be pretty constant with their sound. Dir en grey's been all over the place in terms of genres, but they've always done an excellent job of mixing it up, and their Uroboros album was some great Extreme Progressive Metal; probably one of their best albums in a while (long-time Diru fan here).

I dunno. Maybe it's just me and my standard for what "heavy" music is, or maybe I just need to research the scene more as it is today, but - with a few exceptions - it seems to me like J-Rock bands overall used to have a heavier sound. When they started mellowing out in my last year of high school, that's when I stopped listening to J-Rock (plus I was introduced to Metal around that time too, lol ^_^).

......Where was I going with this? LOL oh well. Yeah, Drella and Le Grand Bleu are pretty decent. 

Eh, well I've noticed most if not all J-rock bands tend to change their sound as they grow and evolve as a band.

I'm a fan of both heavy and (somewhat) soft music so I'm not against it completely but it does kind of betray the fans who were into a bands original sound when a band does do something like become "mainstream".

I agree "Falling Down" deviates from the much more awesome "Gentou Sanka" and is pretty disappointing, but I guess they're happy with the change and the music they're producing now so I'm not gonna hate them for it.

Yeah, I've noticed Gazette still has a heavy sound which is good but I also prefer their old music, as with a lot of bands I listen to.

I think Dir en grey has consistently released good stuff even though it is all over the place, it still has their charm haha.

If I could say anything about how Alice Nine have changed... their sound is definitely more polished and I guess they're more pop oriented, but I don't think that's entirely a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived