JYP/Park Jinyoung (박진영) Official Thread

chiyo

Guest adikkeluangman

Fei recalls a time when she was criticized by J.Y. Park for the way she sang

The gorgeous miss A's Fei was one of the guests on the December 10 episode of 'Happy Together,' where she opened up about the trials of her early days as an idol. 

Fei recalled a time when she was admonished by J.Y. Park as soon as she had debuted under miss A. She told the MCs, "On a day I was recording, the Korean pronunciation was difficult so I was having a hard time. J.Y. Park told me that I had something like an accent when I sang so I sounded like I was singing a trot song. He always told me, 'You have to be this kind of woman. Like sexy or cute.' So I'd wonder to myself, 'Just who is that kind of woman?' J.Y. Park always emphasized that I have to be the woman in the song," confessing that she struggled with finding the persona necessary to sing miss A tracks. 

Fei_1449768174_fei1.jpg

When the MCs then threw her a slightly provocative question that went, "How did you feel when J.Y. Park came back during the time miss A was totally dominating the charts?" Fei nonchalantly replied, "Isn't it a good thing because we're under the same agency?" She further explained, "We talked it out. We questioned, 'Why did he come back now?' J.Y. Park said he just released the song," stressing that there is no ill will between miss A and J.Y. Park. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/fei-recalls-a-time-when-she-was-criticized-by-jy-park-for-the-way-she-sang 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park raves about the best performance he's ever seen on 'K-pop Star'

he judges have been rendered speechless for most of this season due to the massive amount of talent flowing onto the audition stage. However, one female participant, Yoo Jei, from New Jersey stood out above the rest, capturing the hearts of all three judges.

CV956CPWcAABXvN.jpg

On the third episode of 'K-Pop Star Season 5,' Yoo Jei performed Billy Joel's "New York State Of Mind." 

After the performance, J.Y. Park stated, "This was the best performance I've seen since I started K-Pop Star."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/jy-park-raves-about-the-best-performance-hes-ever-seen-on-k-pop-star 

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Says He Only Eats Ramen Once a Year

Park Jin Young opened up about his diet and the difficulties related to it. 

Park Jin Young appeared on the December 15 broadcast of SBS radio Power FM′s Cultwo Show, where he said, "I want to win awards as an artist. Even Yang Hyun Suk can win producer awards. As you get older, it becomes more difficult to win awards as an artist. That′s why I want to win it even more."

10091302.jpg

He continued, "But after 60, I think it′s really going to be difficult for me to be a dance singer. It′s really hard. I say to myself, ′I have 17 years left′ and have concerts crossing off each year. I need to watch what I eat for concerts. I love ramen and tteokbokki, but I can′t eat it. I eat ramen once a year, but even that, I take two bites, and I can′t eat anymore. I can′t control myself. 

Park Jin Young said, "I need to watch what I eat in order to prevent aging. Even when I′m 60, I want to be better than singers in their 20s, so that′s why I do it. After 60, I′m going to eat everything I want to eat."

Meanwhile, Park Jin Young is currently serving as a judge on SBS′ K-Pop Star 5 alongside Yoo Hee Yeol and Yang Hyun Suk. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100913/park-jin-young-says-he-only-eats-ramen-once-a-year 

-----
Park Jin Young Talks About Foot Piano Performance at 2015 MAMA

Park Jin Young brought up his now-infamous foot piano performance of Honey at 2015 MAMA. 

Park Jin Young appeared on the December 15 broadcast of SBS radio Power FM′s Cultwo Show where the DJs said, "Your performance at MAMA was awesome. We were shocked when we saw you play the piano with your foot."

84316934.jpg

Park Jin Young then said, "I was in a bit of a state of shock. I got so excited, I played the piano with my foot, but it wasn′t a part of the performance I prepared. During the camera rehearsal, I got so excited I played the piano with my foot, and it worked."

He continued, "It must′ve been really funny. People were rolling on the floor laughing, I thought, ′Why is this funny?′ so I watched the broadcast. No matter how many times I look at it, I don′t see why it′s funny."

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100923/parkjinyoung-on-2015mama-performance 

-----
J.Y. Park says the 'K-Pop Star' judges don't fight

J.Y. Park revealed a little backstage insight into the SBS audition show 'K-Pop Star 5'.

CWQEJk7U8AAM1WJ.jpg

He along with Yoo Hee Yeol and Yang Hyun Suk are part of the permanent judge panel, but it looks like they have no problem getting along. When DJ Cultwo asked if the trio have ever fought, J.Y. Park responded, "We haven't even gotten into a small argument."

He added, "I think we've only argued when the cameras are on. When the cameras are off, we talk comfortably with one another."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/jy-park-says-the-k-pop-star-judges-dont-fight 

Guest adikkeluangman

Jackson and Jessi give their very honest opinions on J.Y. Park's 'MAMA' performance

Jessi and Jackson on MBC's 'Radio Star'?  This oughtta be good.

On December 16, the two blunt stars appeared on the talk program, where Kim Gu Ra asked what they had thought about J.Y. Park's 'MAMA' performance this year.  Stuttering and sweat dropping, Jessi first passed the ball over to Jackson, saying, "Ask-ask Jackson."

CWW-FB2UYAEtk5Y.jpg

He then said, "It felt like a father was dancing.  At the company, he'd be like a father, asking me, 'Jackson, have you been doing well?' but then seeing him do a sexy performance on stage made me feel weird."

Jessi admitted it was strange for her too, stating, "I respect J.Y. Park a lot because I find it cool that he's both a CEO yet still does music so passionately, but suddenly that performance video came out of him doing something very erotic [in the elevator].  From then on, I almost threw up.  In the part he plays the piano, I thought, 'Ah, as expected, J.Y. Park is cool when he plays the piano,' but then he suddenly [hit the keys] with his toes . . ." making everyone die of laughter.

She wrapped it up with, "In conclusion, please don't do that kind of stuff."  What do you think?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/jackson-and-jessi-give-their-very-honest-opinions-on-jy-parks-mama-performance 

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Hasn’t Changed Since He Was 7

Singer Park Jin Young shared a special photo of himself with his fans. The photo features Park Jin Young himself, when he was seven years old, which means that the photo is almost 40 years old!

While uploading this photo on his Instagram account on December 17, Park Jin Young also commented, “This is the 7-year-old JYP. Isn’t he adorable?”

Surprisingly, the 7-year-old Park Jin Young looks identical to his current self in terms of his facial features, expressions and posture. The fans who saw the photo had some funny things to say, including “I thought this photo was taken yesterday,” and “So only his height changed.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/17/park-jin-young-hasnt-changed-since-he-was-7/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

“Infinite Challenge Music Festival” Stage at MBC’s “Gayo Daejejun” to Feature Zion.T and Park Jin Young

Amid reports of a special collaboration performance planned by “Infinite Challenge” at MBC‘s year-end award show “Gayo Daejejun,” it has been clarified that the only artists from the recent “Infinite Challenge” music festival who are confirmed to be performing are Zion.T and Park Jin Young.

The music festival took place in August of this year, and featured musicians teaming up with cast members from “Infinite Challenge” to create and perform an original song in front of over 40,000 fans. The musicians involved this year were BIGBANG‘s G-Dragon and Taeyang, IU, Hyukoh, Zion.T, Park Jin Young, and Yoon Sang.

CXASfxiWkAAUy5f.jpg

In an official press release from December 24, a representative from “Gayo Daejejun” says, “On December 31 at ’2015 MBC Gayo Daejejun,’ the retro trend leaders ‘Infinite Challenge – Saturday Saturday is a Singer’ and the chart-topping ‘Infinite Challenge – Music Festival’ will be reenacting their performances.”

However, due to schedule conflicts, most of the musicians from this year’s music festival will most likely not be able to attend. A representative of IU told OSEN, “IU will be an MC at SBS‘s “Gayo Daejun,” so due to her busy year-end schedule, it will be difficult for her to take part.” BIGBANG’s G-Dragon and Taeyang also have previous commitments, as they will be in China attending Hunan TV’s New Year’s Eve special on the date of “Gayo Daejejun.”

Hyukoh will be holding their own year-end concerts on December 30 and 31, which will make it hard for them to attend “Gayo Daejejun” as well. A representative of Yoon Sang has also stated that they haven’t heard anything about a planned appearance at “Gayo Daejejun.”

In addition, the cast members of “Infinite Challenge” also will not be attending the show. Therefore, although Zion.T and Park Jin Young will be performing, their respective partners Haha and Yoo Jae Suk are reportedly not joining them.

MBC told TV Report on December 24 that the special performance had always been planned to only include the musicians from the music festival, and not the cast members of “Infinite Challenge.”

MBC’s “Gayo Daejejun” will air on December 31 at 8:55 p.m. KST, and will be hosted by Kim Sung Joo and Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/24/infinite-challenge-music-festival-stage-at-mbcs-gayo-daejejun-to-feature-zion-t-and-park-jin-young/ 

-----
Junho with JYP & GOT7 from Mark's IG at JYP concert.

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 5″ Contestants Bring Park Jin Young to Tears

The recent filming of “K-Pop Star 5″ had the contestants Jung Jin Woo and Lee Soo Jung form a team to try a mission. The two were a hit, and the producers of “K-Pop Star 5″ have even released some stills of the duo.

According to Yang Hyun Suk, “Jung Jin Woo has not only improved his songwriting abilities, he has also become a man.” Yoo Hee Yeol said, “I feel as if I have seen a short drama. It was more exciting than a first kiss on a drama, and it was the best stage I could dream of.” Park Jin Young even shed some tears, and said, “I am so happy that there are such good stages each year. When the two held hands, I cried. It was so moving.”

20151226_1451091544_89313800_1_99_201512

The producers said, “Many teams showed great teamwork and resulted in very strong stages.”

Tune into K-Pop Star 5 to find out which teams excelled!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/26/k-pop-star-5-contestants-bring-park-jin-young-to-tears/ 

From Taecyeon twitter.

-----

CXJEhBNUwAAdPpe.jpg
Trans : JeiYP~~~~ Came to watch Jinyoungie hyung's Bad Party Strip performance~ (via 2pmalways)

-----

CXJSproUQAE_VY-.jpgCXJSqNvU0AAjjuz.jpg

Trans : A duo shot with Jinyoungie hyung after 7 years~ the concert was great~~~ (via 2pmalways)

Guest adikkeluangman

From Taecyeon Snapchat

More pictures at JYP concert.

Taecyeon w/ JYP, 2AM, Twice, & Bernard Park from Jokwon's IG 

-----
Jun.K and JYP from kenpride IG

Guest adikkeluangman

Ahn Sohee Hangs Out Backstage at Park Jin Young’s Concert

Former Wonder Girls member Ahn Sohee has expressed her unchanged support and respect for JYP Entertainment‘s founder Park Jin Young.

On December 27, Park Jin Young shared a picture of him posing next to Ahn Sohee backstage at his solo concert “Naughty Party STRIP.” For the caption, he threw in a little joke and wrote, “Sohee. For once, let’s take a photo where we’re looking friendly and smiling, please.”

CXPR76aUoAA1qFv.jpg

While Ahn Sohee is being her chic self with her cool yet cute pose, Park Jin Young has placed his arm around her and smiles brightly at the camera, apparently trying to make the photo reflect their friendly relationship.

Nice to see that they are still keeping in touch!

Meanwhile, Park Jin Young kept fans entertained during the holidays by holding four solo concerts from December 24 to 27 in Seoul. Many of his fellow JYP Entertainment artists including members from 2AM, 2PM, GOT7, and TWICE showed their support for the singer, as proven by group photos on his Instagram.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/27/ahn-sohee-hangs-out-backstage-at-park-jin-youngs-concert/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Twice Members Share Thoughts on Park Jin Young′s Foot Piano Performance

Yoo Hee Yeol brought up Park Jin Young′s foot piano performance. 

JYP girl group Twice and Lovelyz are set to appear as showmen on JTBC′s Two Yoo Project - Sugar Man. As viewers look forward to seeing today′s hottest girl groups on the show, Yoo Hee Yeol is attracting attention with his comments about Park Jin Young′s recent performance. 

10135103.jpg

Park Jin Young recently made headlines for playing the piano with his foot at 2015 MAMA. Yoo Hee Yeol said, "Park Jin Young is really proud of himself, saying ′What was so weird about it?′" 

Twice burst into laughter as soon as Yoo Hee Yeol brought the performance up, leading Yoo Jae Suk to say, "Are you allowed to laugh?" to which Tzuyu said, "It was fascinating. It was my first time seeing something like that."

The episode of Sugar Man is set to air on December 29 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/101351/twice-members-share-thoughts-on-park-jin-youngs-foot-piano-performance 

-----
Brave Brothers Says JYP Only Contacts Him When He Needs Something

Brave Brothers opened up about JYP. 

Brave Brothers and Sweetune are set to appear as the producers on the December 29 broadcast of JTBC′s Two Yoo Project - Sugar Man. Twice and Lovelyz will face off on the show as the showmen.

10137702.jpg

Ahead of their song battle, Twice and Lovelyz faced off in an aegyo battle. Upon seeing Lovelyz member Kei′s aegyo, Yoo Jae Suk asked Brave Brothers to show some aegyo. Taken aback, Brave Brothers rejected, but as the requests kept coming in, he said, "I resent the director" and "This is the most difficult time in my music career." 

Meanwhile, Brave Brothers, who was in charge of creating a song for Twice for the show, was asked if he′s close to JYP, to which he answered, "He only contacts me when he needs something. He hasn′t contacted me recently. I think he thinks he′s at a higher level than me," drawing laughter. 

The episode of Two Yoo Project - Sugar Man is set to air on December 29 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/101377/brave-brothers-says-jyp-only-contacts-him-when-he-needs-something 

-----
JYP with rookie actors in JYPE at his concert.

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Teases Yang Hyun Suk About His Age on “K-Pop Star 5″

Usually in competition shows, the barbs fly between the contestants and not the judges. But in a recent episode of “K-Pop Star 5,” Park Jin Young had some words for his fellow judge, Yang Hyun Suk.

During the January 3 episode, Yang Hyun Suk repeatedly asked, “What’s the theme for today’s stage?” The other two judges, Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol, both replied, “Today’s the showcase.” After the fourth time, Park Jin Young couldn’t take it anymore.

yg-old-man1.pngyg-old-man.png

“I think we’re going to need an age restriction (for the judges) if you can’t do it,” he said, causing Yang Hyun Suk to bust out in laughter. “I tried to restrain myself the first three times you asked, but this is the fourth time. Truth is, it’s really hard to do the broadcast while supporting this old man.”

Thankfully, Park Jin Young’s words were more teasing than anything else, and Yang Hyun Suk took them in stride.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/03/park-jin-young-teases-yang-hyun-suk-about-his-age-on-k-pop-star-5/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

[Press] 160107 2015 Weibo Night Awards (Nichkhun)

CYIX2gAUEAAHkY4.jpg

-----
[News Vids] 160107 2015 Weibo Night Awards - JYP & Nichkhun 

-----
[Weibo Nichkhun] Thank you fans, thank you weibo! Today's awards ceremony was the best!! Congratulations JYP hyung!!

CYIZ5S7UAAUbdLZ.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young’s Thoughts on Being Chosen as the “Most Influential Producer” in China

As previously resported, Park Jin Young and other celebrities picked up multiple awards at China’s “2015 A Night of Weibo” on January 7. In particular, the CEO of JYP Entertainment, was selected as the “Most Influential Producer”

JYP Entertainment released a statement on January 10, reiterating that “Park Jin Young attended ’2015 A Night of Weibo’ in China on January 7, and received the award for ‘Most Influential Producer.’”

CYaCNgwUsAEv8P_.jpg

After receiving the prize, Park Jin Young said, “First of all, I am so honored to have been given the chance to attend ‘Weibo Night’, thank you for giving me the opportunity to make an unforgettable memory. Thank you also to my Chinese fans, who have paid close attention to me and given me their support. If given the chance, I would like to collaborate more with Chinese musicians and release more diverse and amazing music.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/10/park-jin-youngs-thoughts-on-being-chosen-as-the-most-influential-producer-in-china/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young selected as the most influential producer of 2015 in China

Park Jin Young was selected as the most influential producer of 2015 in China.

On January 7th, Park Jin Young attended '2015 Weibo Night Awards (微博之夜),' and garnered the 'Most Influential Producer of 2015' award.

20160110141731_5691e96ba0eed_1.jpg

Park Jin Young is widely recognized as one of the most leading producers of Korea, and his talent was recognized in China as well.

A representative of the committee of '2015 Weibo Night Awards' said, "Park Jin Young is active as a producer for 2PM, Wonder Girls, miss A, and many other top K-Pop musicians. He is also widely recognized as one of the most talented singers in Korea, and we decided to recognize the tremendous amount of contribution that he made in development of Asian music industry."

Chinese film director Deng Chao (邓超), Xu Zheng (徐峥), and actress Cecilia Cheung (张柏芝) also garnered awards during this year's 'Weibo Night Awards.'

Meanwhile, Park Jin Young had received 'Best Producer Award' and 'Best Male Singer' award during '2015 M.net Asian Music Awards' last year.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=428204 

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Apologizes for Tzuyu’s Nationality Controversy

Along with the release of a video of TWICE member Tzuyu’s apology over her nationality controversy, Park Jin Young has apologized as well.

His apology was posted on JYP Entertainment’s official homepage:

image_readtop_2016_43002_145290793223216

“First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize to Chinese fans who were hurt. I am most regretful and sorry about our staff members, young Tzuyu, and even myself not realizing how serious this was.

Through this case, I learned how important it is to understand the sovereignty, culture, history, and citizens’ emotions of different countries we work with.

All of this has become a great lesson to our company and our artists. We will do our best to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

We have heavy hearts about disappointing our Chinese fans who have supported and loved me, our company, and our agency’s celebrities. We will work hard so that everyone’s hurt feelings can recover. We will repay our fans and contribute to cultural exchanges and friendly relations between Korea and China.

Tzuyu has learned a lot in the past few days and is reflecting. She left her home and came to Korea at the young age of 13. As people who were supposed to teach her in place of her parents, we think the fault lies with me and the company. We will be halting all of Tzuyu’s Chinese activities. We will work on suitably repairing the effects this had on our partnerships and related issues.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/15/park-jin-young-apologizes-for-tzuyus-nationality-controversy/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park says he's touched by how TWICE members support one another

J.Y. Park was one of the artists to be conferred the Main Award at the '30th Golden Disk Awards,' and he not only thanked fans for the support but he also mentioned TWICE, whom he is undoubtedly proud of for doing so well. 

He said, "The people I always have in my heart are my fans. I'm always thankful. If it weren't for you all, I probably would have had to find another occupation. I'm thankful to the rest of the JYP crew and my family. I'm thankful to the [JYP] artists who put their faith in me and follow me." 

CZLZR9sXEAAdeAY.jpg

The singer also touched upon the recent controversy surrounding Tzuyu, though he didn't directly mention it. He said, "It's been exactly three months since TWICE debuted. It must be really hard for them so I'm touched every time I see them support and take care of one another.  I'm truly grateful and, if it's possible, I hope they even get an award tomorrow."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/jy-park-says-hes-touched-by-how-twice-members-support-one-another 

-----
During rehearsal for GDA.

Archived