[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Guest cluelue

Uwah, I didn't start watching Return of Iljimae until a few days ago and have been neglecting my work terribly. I can't help that the drama is so good. Viikii has only gone up to 17 and I've been spazzing about for the past 2 days trying to find a synopsis of sorts for the remaining episodes and would like to thank the actives on this forum for posting translations and screenshots. You guys totally made my day. :wub:

I started ROI a few months back, but then got easily distracted by other stuff (okay, Boys Over Flowers, there I said it). I just started resuming watching yesterday. I'm still on episode 8 right now and am really really enjoying the drama. I found the narration at first to be weird and sort of ruining the profound ambience of the drama but soon I began to appreciate the humour that it brought. There are little tidbits here and there that lighten the drama and prevent it to be overly serious. I really love that.

One thing I gotta get off my chest is the ZOMG awesome chemistry between Jung Il Woo and Yoon Jin Seo. Be it as Dalyi or as Wolhee, YJS maintains that spark with JIW.

Anyways, I still have a long long way to go before finishing the drama. So I better watch first.

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Finished episode 19... 5 more to go...

Dare I say it?! I like The Return Of Il Ji Mae much better than *eh hem* the first Il Ji Mae... sorry LJK fans...

As I've said it before, it has the just right mix of comedy and drama...

You don't get emotionally drained after watching...

Actually, keeps you coming back for more!

Been telling my fellow K drama addicts to check it out! ^^

Guest Jill4675

Finished episode 19... 5 more to go...

Been telling my fellow K drama addicts to check it out! ^^

thumbs-up.gif Right on! Spread the ROI love!! ;)

sunglasses2.gif

I don't mean to be annoying, but I was just wondering if the drama's english subtitles are still being worked on?

Well, I can imagine quite a few people might find that question rather annoying, even if though I'm sure you don't mean it to be. In particular, those slaving away round the clock to produce subs that do justice to this beautifully-written drama: especially considering that the answer to your question is very easily found from links already in this thread.

The status section on the fansub wiki is regularly updated.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Haru2subS

Check back there to see what's happening and see how far the blue bars have advanced on a slew of episodes. And if you want to know even more, you can catch the subbing group twittering at http://www.twitter.com/Haru2subS, though admittedly most of the twitters right now are about other dramas.

Guest sayroo

I don't mean to be annoying, but I was just wondering if the drama's english subtitles are still being worked on?

as what baduy said, we are working on it now and the status is already on our wiki.

our twitter is already available too..

baduy should know since he had helped us in some episodes..

I'll be posting a detailed version of status for ROI in twitter soon~ Don't worry. ^_^

We're doing this for quality not quantity! (leesja for that line! LOL!<3)

Thanks cococrust again for all your hard work. One more episode and this show would be officially done. I love this show and I am slowly understanding everything in this show compared to before. It's very true that JIW and YJS have great chemistry. And yeah...hjkomo..so, I was right about the song not being in the OST!! I really love that song! So, I guess we won't get a full version of this song then. :( I hope after all the subs are done, this thread would still be active. Hmm....I can't help it, but I keep thinking about this Iljimae because JIW is just so handsome as him.....:P

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Finished!

Loved the ending!

I know the story of Il Ji Mae so I was half expecting a tragic ending... but surprise!

I have to count this drama as one of my top 10 of all time...

Just loved it!

Guest xx-outsider-xx

I just started to watch this series today. It was soo addictive that i spent the whole five hours to finish five episodes straight. hoho. Thanks haru2subs for the subtitles!!!

I personally think the way they tell the story is very refreshing. Gotta love the narration; it's quirky and funny sometimes. I also love the interchanging scenes, the going back and forth from 'present' to past. Like i said, it's an interesting way of telling the story. It's so much better than the original iljimae with lee junki, though that one was completely a different story, so really not fair to compare. hehe.

In any case, look forward to seeing more of this series. Haru2Subs hwaiting!

Gotta love the narration; it's quirky and funny sometimes.

I loved the narration too, till I got landed with translating bits of it. Oh the horrors. It's not the words themselves that are difficult (they are in modern Korean, and so less of a linguistic challenge than some of the Olde Worlde Saeguk speech and country bumpkin accents of the actual dialogues) but she's always making allusions to tidbits of political, cultural and religious history, not to mention the finer points of various martial arts disciplines, and so you need a large East Asian Studies library as well as several yards of dictionaries to understand what the allusions are, so you can try to find something in English to get them across. Or not. Oh, and a map of the Seoul subway helps, too.

It's so much better than the original iljimae with lee junki, though that one was completely a different story, so really not fair to compare. hehe.

HEALTH WARNING. In this thread, we don't talk (or even think) of calling the production you're referring to "the original" Iljimae. The "SBS Iljimae" is both clearer and less likely to attract virtual shurikens in your direction.

Guest Jill4675

...HEALTH WARNING. In this thread, we don't talk (or even think) of calling the production you're referring to "the original" Iljimae. The "SBS Iljimae" is both clearer and less likely to attract virtual shurikens in your direction.

lol-049.gif We had similar warnings early on in this thread!

Watch out people or thsmiley_voodoo.gif!!!

I think we know how challenging and time-consuming the subbing must be, so all praise and lots of gratitude to the team! love-090.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest sayroo

bannerlk.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

Return of Iljimae

Episode 6 *ENTAL*

Main Translator: hjkomo

Spot Translator: baduy

Timers: benchmarkjoe, mclvene

Editor: babymarzy

Final QC: leesja

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl