girls that play video games

Guest pdizzle

Guest peppermintsugar

and guitar hero does? wii most certainly does count, with the likes of fragile dreams and monster hunter tri.

Considering someone like StarSlay3r is a sponsored, professional gamer all thanks to Guitar Hero, yeah, I'd say it does, haha. The only "competitive" games on the Wii are Smash Brawl and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and only one has a significantly large scene. Pretty sure that's what they were referring to.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ohhellowjenn

I play videogames, that's one of the things i like doing the most. (: I can play fighting games. When i start i can be all suckish, but as i keep playing i keep getting better. I don't expect to be the best at playing videogames, i just do it for fun. >___>

Guest Patchou

Considering someone like StarSlay3r is a sponsored, professional gamer all thanks to Guitar Hero, yeah, I'd say it does, haha. The only "competitive" games on the Wii are Smash Brawl and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and only one has a significantly large scene. Pretty sure that's what they were referring to.

guilty gear is also on the wii.

oh. i thought they were bashing all wii games just because it's on the wii. carry on then.

Guest Mausoleum

I play a lot of shooters and such... also I'm Bioshock obsessed. I don't know how many times I've played that game, but at least 20 times XD

But honestly, I don't have the time to try and become good enough to be competitive. My BF does that sort of stuff and it's always fascinated me how much TIME people drop playing these games...

Guest peppermintsugar

oh. i thought they were bashing all wii games just because it's on the wii. carry on then.

Yeah, but it's not played competitively on the Wii, what I mean is, [if there were still any] Guilty Gear tournaments aren't held on the Wii, they're held on the PS2 because 1. It's been around longer so more people have one/timing for things could be different, 2. Most people have sticks for PS2 and not for the Wii due to the fact that the only other fighting game on the Wii is TvC :/

Nah, I don't think anyone is bashing the Wii altogether. To each their own :] It just doesn't have much to offer from a competitive gaming standpoint, is all. Which sucks.

Guest peppermintsugar

Has someone posted this yet?

GamerGirl

So so so so old, but still makes me laugh almost everytime.

I agree with the OP, if a girl games that's another thing we have in common, so I like it. There are some girls who make a HUGE deal about the fact that they game (usually call themselves gamergirls?), and at some point it's like we get it, it's great, enough already.

Rofl, that picture is amazing.

Actually, a lot of guys I know find girl gamers to be a huge deal breaker, at least, if they take it even remotely seriously like attending tournaments and whatnot, because there's an extremely dark side to the girl competitive gaming aspect.

For example, I have a friend who is a top Street Fighter player, I'll refrain from using names for this, but he's about to get sponsored soon, and I guess he was approached by a group called SK Gaming to sponsor him? Anyways, one of the girls from SK Gaming said that she would give him her body if he were to place well at the next major tournament.

. . .girl has never met him before in her life.

There's tons of other stories of stuff like this, too. Heard of certain sponsored female players disappearing into hotel rooms with four or five dudes at a time all drunk, different dudes at every tournament, slutty pictures floating around on the internet, etc etc. I've known a few, myself.

Stuff like THAT is the main reason that I normally don't try to put myself out there as a ~*GamerGrrl*~, because I don't even want to be remotely associated with stuff like that, and it really has gotten to the point that if you're a girl at a tournament, and you're not with a boyfriend, most of the people there will assume you're going to hook up with AT LEAST one random dude there.

:|

Guest iPhets

nah, i quite like the wii but most of the girls i know that play wii play stuff like cooking mama, so that probably made me say that.

(but i am also guilty of liking cooking mama LOL. but i don't call it "gaming" i call it "entertainment" haha)

true, i get quite bored after awhile on the wii. its nothing serious imo, good for parties though, when theres more than 5 people over..i was considering getting it just because of that.

thanks for clearing it up, i wouldn't have done such a good job ^^ because i don't know *too* much about competitive gaming, i just play lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Samii_18

With the arrival of the Wii, casual "female" gamers have increased a lot. It's not even surprising that girls play games nowadays, some are just too reluctant to admit it in public xD. It still shocks me when I go online on my PS3 and get verbal sexual harassment from random people, I guess the norm is that it's a "lads" thing. F the norm :) Most of my male friends admit that it's a turn on for a female to be a gamer, can someone please explain this? xD. 

Guest sunkeebakery

I play video games. i'm a girl btw. I think most girls who play video games either have a brother or a male cousin who influence them into playing video games. I think Asian countries are into gaming more than the U.S. meaning a lot of girls in Asia play games vs girls in America. I don't know why. I think it has to do with the ton of online MMORPGS that also create a social network between both genders. They also have like gamer parties and stuff hosted by the company I believe. It's pretty neat if you think about it. It's like for every 1 MMORPG in America, there is like 5x more in Asia. I have played foreign games and there are so fun and social! The characters are cute and appealing to girls.

Back to the topic, I play all sorts of games but yeah video games are addicting especially RPGS. I spent like literally half a day playing FF back in high school. The only time I went out of my room was to go pee. I didn't even eat! I'm such a nerd. Now I spend my time working! Think 12 hours ($14/hr) = $$$$ you can earn. But I still spend like 3-4 hours on short shooting games on the weekends. I just don't play the storymodes because it takes too much time. It's really hard to keep up with the newer games.

Games I have played:

Red Dead Redemption

FF games

Resident Evil games

Splinter Cell

Army of Two

Gears of War

Uncharted

WOW - only until free trial expired

Starcraft

Warcraft

Grand theft Auto - my brother like this more than I do

Ragnarok Online

There's also a bunch of mmorpg games i have tried... right now I'm just playing a korean online singing game.

I also beat my brother at Wii Sports countless of times. HAHAHA. He's better at me in shooting games though. Some games I'll kick richard simmons some I don't.

GIRLS WHO PLAY VIDEO GAMES ROCK!!

Guest peppermintsugar

With the arrival of the Wii, casual "female" gamers have increased a lot. It's not even surprising that girls play games nowadays, some are just too reluctant to admit it in public xD. It still shocks me when I go online on my PS3 and get verbal sexual harassment from random people, I guess the norm is that it's a "lads" thing. F the norm :)Most of my male friends admit that it's a turn on for a female to be a gamer, can someone please explain this? xD. 

Some men will find it to be a turn on due to common interests.

Some men will find it to be a turn on because they will think you're easy.

Some men will also find your gaming unappealing because of the easy girl stigma that can come with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Video game discussion!! I really love NO MORE HEROES!!!!! I have both the first and the second one! I beat the first one a few times in every mode...so I'm pretty crazy when I see NO MORE HEROES randomly....hehe....I own New Blood Trauma Centre...it's ok...really intensely hard later on, but I beat it with my friend -_____-". I have DDR, but I suck at it...I suck more than sucking....I can't do anything that requires exercising haha~  Uh I have super mario galaxy but I didn't finish it...it was actually my first game....argh but mario is so ugly, I can't possibly win!!!

For arcade, I have played resident evil and it was haard!!! I kept dying!! jeez those creepy/scary zombies are fast!!! I'm good at racing games though, whether they are motorcycle, or car games.

For computer games....I used to play dota with my cousin's help hehe.....I also played metal slug...it was extremely fun!

Guest mollfie

I play games! I have a PS3, 360, gaming PC, Wii, PS2, DS and PSP, and I also work in a game store lol. So yeah, I like games. I'm certainly not pro or anything, I play for fun and I'm not a competative person anyway. My fav games are Okami, Bioshock, Fable, Katamari, L4D, Pokemon, Tomb Raider and Animal Crossing lol, bit of a mix and I've got more games sitting on my shelves, I'll give anything a go and I judge by game not by genre.

Guest Mani4ever

I play games, and honestly I've never met a girl who loves gaming. Wtf? The guys are always impressed :lol:

I'm more into PS3 games, since Xbox is really not me.

Games:

Red dead redemption, Assassins Creed II, Little Big planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA Liberty City stories, GTA IV, Uncharted 2, Tekken 6 and Modnation Racers.

I'm still considering whether or not I should get Final Fantasy XIII and God of War 3 to my collection.

Collecting money at this time so I can get myself a gamer desktop computer so I can get Starcraft II :w00t:

Archived