Acne Problem. :(

xiaojuu

Guest mai_anne

What I use is Clindoxyl Gel, but you need a prescription for it, so I would advise asking your doctor and seeing if it's right for you.

I've been using it for a couple of years now, and my face isn't as bad as it was before.

When I get lazy and stop using it for a couple weeks, it does start to come back a bit, so yeah there is a little bit of a dependency.

I use it every night before I go to bed, and just wash it off in the morning, and it works wonders.

My doctor prescribed that to me as well. it was really drying at first but then my skin got used to it.

It really cleared up my pimples. but i'm out of it..

Now, I use Cetaphil for oily skin and It's the BEST!!!! I just use it at night and use Aloe Vera Gel as moisturizer. I only wash my face in the morning with water..seems to be working for me.

I noticed my face clearing up after a day or two.

drink lots of water.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for all of the suggestions. :)

so drinking lots of water does help right? i've kinda noticed that when i drink more water, my face looks better compared to when i don't drink as much. ^__^

but i'm thinking that what my doctor told me (washing w/ cetaphil, benzaclin in the morning and differin at night) works well for me.

except one small problem, my face is still pretty drying because of either benzaclin or differin and get's kinda red...

so does anyone know any good moisturizers?

don't eat spicy & chocolate. they make me break out ^^

ive used the annasalbe ace cream for 2 weeks and all my acne is gonee ! WOOHOOO

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165572

DO NOT USE PROACTIV!

whatever that commercial might say, your skin grows dependent on it and once you stop using it, it will give you horrible breakouts. If it is working for you, you might have to use it for the rest of your life to maintain the clearness.

Guest x-be-b-x

i hear ya, i'm breaking out like crazy, and now i have all these blemish marks..

no matter what product you use, it's about strict routine

clense, exfoliate, & moisturize

avoid spicy, oily food

and drink water

Guest rufflezz

Stay away from fried fooods, I swear, they'll kill you in the future, if not now. I've learned my lessons.. >__<; Oh, stay away from sodas too.

There are so many products that people advertise and won't work T__T;

It's really up to your daily diet, the intakes and outtakes of what you eat ^^;

Drink water, do NOT touch your face, don't get stressed out, and don't let your hair block the pores on your face.

hm....stay away from fatty/oily n fried foods....drinks a lot of water...wash ur face regularly...

eat lots of fruits like apples...

apples can prevent acnes...

Guest Saiyu

My biggest acne trigger is stress. I break out before exams, violin recitals or what not. Try to give your mind some relaxing time once in a while ^_^

Guest c0lap1nada

Someone else mentioned it already, PanOxyl really works.

My face is totally free of acne now ^_^ Just not the scars. xD

Guest aznkrnpimpcrow

i found tha A-solution wash really works well (the one bae suel gi promotes)

i only use the wash and not the other things and i got really clear skin now

if possible go for dermatologist

both my cheek used to experience full of acne -_- and now leave those ugly scars!

last time i used the facial cleanser and cream provided by dermatologist + medicine

strange thing was the dermatologist told me dont use toner when i've acne?

of coz now i use toner randomly since the stupid SCARS

now i'm using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser + cream to lighten scars (dermatologist) that's all since i tried to use other products but the stupid acne pop-out and i'm not dare to try again >.<

aspirin mask is great too! at least work for me

most important is eat healty! fruits everday....

I drink honey every morning ( 1 teaspoon of honey + a glass water before breakfast).

Ribena + lemon and green tea (not drink everyday)

btw, acne,org is great website

Guest sooDAMNgorgeous

the one advice that i can give to you is that you should try to get enough sleep... that's the most essential thing for healthy skin. when you sleep, your body renews and mends itself. when you miss out on the needed eight hours of sleep each night, it'll start showing on eyebags and will definitely result in acne, for the unlucky ones like us. lol. xD

and just wash your face twice a day.

i've been using this new acne treatment medicine called RAREminerals. it's part of the Bare Essentuals from Sephora. and so far, it's been working great on my skin. it's powder, so it gets absorbed into your skin really quickly. also, you just don't feel anything. =]

^ cetaphil can be purchased at a pharmacy or at walmart.

they have it in stock at cosco & .. i think sams club.

--

i use to have that problem, but my face is clearing up now. (:

I suggest you work out atleast once a week. sweating helps open & cleanse your pores.

drink alot of water & eat a ton of fruits. also, wash your with a cleansing soap like

clean & clear or any other good soap. wash your face before school.

after school & before you sleep. (: use hot water & scrub. let the soap soak into your skin

for about a minute and rinse. that usually helps. also avoid eating spicy foods. (:

& junk food as much as possible. One dose a week is fine. :]

i hope that helps because that helped me a ton

-- lisa

where do you buy CETAPHIL? everyone's talking about it. helppp? :]

well, practically everywhere in my area.

CVS, target, walgreens, etc.

yay my acne is clearing up way more. :)

anyhoo.

do you guys recommend using a mask once a week? (i use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask)

A lot of time though, no matter how much you care for your skin, hormones just could be the culprit.

Supposedly diet does not affect acne (spicy food, chocolate, fried foods) but I randomly hear that it actually does. I personally try eating a lot of fruit and drinking a lot of water, as well as juice.

And remember like many mentioned, to wash your face twice a day.

Also, Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask works great as a spot treatment, too.

Archived