Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest xkrn4lyfx

mario galaxy is NOT a game u can play tired... but that's when i always play games =(

when i'm upside down i keep forgetting which way controls where to go, i get lost so easily.

graphics are alright but i don't really like the worlds, it's too... small? i'm not used to any of the maps and don't think i ever will, and since when were planets so damn small? black holes galore, when i first played it i thought it would be safe for me to jump into those and i died....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I've been having problems with the Check Mii Out channel. Says it can't connect to the internet, but when I go try out the Internet channel or any other channel that requires the internet, it works fine. Just the Check Mii Out one isn't working. Is there something I'm missing or is the channel itself like... broken, or under construction (like it could not be working for others too?).

Guest colorstoobright

I've been having problems with the Check Mii Out channel. Says it can't connect to the internet, but when I go try out the Internet channel or any other channel that requires the internet, it works fine. Just the Check Mii Out one isn't working. Is there something I'm missing or is the channel itself like... broken, or under construction (like it could not be working for others too?).

It's definitely not broken/under construction because I went on it this morning just now, but the same thing happened to me yesterday night and the weather and news channel worked fine. I unplugged the Wii and then Check Mii Out started working again. If that doesn't work, you can try restarting your router or re-connecting to WiiConnect24.

graphics are alright but i don't really like the worlds, it's too... small? i'm not used to any of the maps and don't think i ever will, and since when were planets so damn small? black holes galore, when i first played it i thought it would be safe for me to jump into those and i died....

some of the planets are huge, though.. i think the black holes give it a sense of challenge, or else all the levels would be too easy ;P

Guest yukumushio

I just got Galaxy yesterday...I got 40 stars lmao...It seems pretty short but man I love it!! There's such a huge variety in levels and worlds and stuff...I'd have to disagree with you, sorta, I don't think they're all small, because One Level encompasses all the little planets you go to and all that combined is pretty large! But some are pretty small yeah, but it's awesome. Love the music especially

Guest RS Trax

Sorry it took a bit to post this up. I was taking my time getting through Super Mario Galaxy. I'm almost through, but I think I'll save the rest for Christmas play. \:D/ It's a Great game for the holidays.

zanac01b.gif

ZANAC

NES

1 player

rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanac

eternal_champions__challenge_from_the_dark_side.jpg

Eternal Champions

Sega Genesis

1-2 players

rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Animated Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Champions

dynas-1.gif

The Dynastic Hero

TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM

1 player

rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World

The Dynastic Hero is a remix of Wonder Boy in Monster World [sEGA Genesis]

------------

Downloadable content for Guitar Hero III [Wii] is confirmed to be arriving 2008.

Here's an email response from RedOctane customer support:

Hello,

Thank you for writing us.

Downloadable content for the Wii is something we are working very hard on getting in place for the new year. There is no definite timetable in place but we are hoping it will be soon.

Regards,

RedOctane Customer Support.

There is certainly a few technical issues with the Wii version of the game including Stereo sound, etc. Hopefully they'll have an update for users to download and fix.

Source

-------------

VOTE FOR THE BEST GAMES OF 2007!

1UP has their annual 2007 1UP Awards up, and you can vote on what you think were the best games in each category in this.

Cast your Vote!

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164615

-------------

channel_9_pic.jpg

The Everybody's Nintendo Channel went live for Japanese Wii owners a few days ago. Users can download game previews and video interviews, as well as send DS game demos to their handheld(s). Branches of Nintendo outside Japan have not stated if the Everybody's Nintendo Channel will be released in their respective territories.

Japanese Wii owners are also expected to receive a TV guide feature in the near future.

Check out the video demonstration.

YouTube:

-------------

wii_fit.gif

Japan also saw their launch for Wii Fit. Basically they're crazy about it over there with lines outside electronic stores. Let's see if we Americans can show the same support for this new innovative title and device. Currently taking the #1 spot at Amazon.co.jp, sold out everywhere. It's even doing better sales than Super Mario Galaxy in Japan.

Check out the following gameplay video footage. Snowboarding is gonna be awesome!

YouTube:

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_fit

-------------

Nikitova Games has confirmed to be working on a couple more titles for Wii and DS.

CCTV will see players assuming the role of a surveillance officer using Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and police cars to catch criminals. Gamers will begin as a mall security guard and gradually rise to the position of International Head of Security as they travel the world searching for instances of crime. CCTV will allow two players to co-operate or compete in an effort to clean up the streets.

Mind Games will feature 21 mini-games based upon the Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Automated Battery (CANTAB) of "computeribrainized" tests. The game will support one to two players.

Official website: http://www.nikitovagames.com/

-------------

Nikitova Games isn't the only 2nd party this time around, TGC (The Games Company) has also confirmed that they will be developing for Wii and DS.

Official website: http://www.the-games-company.com/en/

-------------

Creative Director for Kuju Entertainment Tancred Dyke-Wells spoke with Web site VideoGamer.com about third-party Wii titles, stating that they don't "really don't take full advantage of the machine."

Dyke-Wells acknowledged the benefit of extra development time granted by Nintendo, but noted, "We're not the only title who's had our development extended. I think it's applied to those other big guns too. That's all about respect for the consumer really and for their own stuff."

Despite "running the juice out of the Wii" with Battalion Wars 2, Dyke-Wells revealed that Kuju Entertainment is working on a number of unannounced projects that are "continuing to advance the graphical standards" on Nintendo's home console.

BWii (Battalion Wars II) released on October 29 in North America and is expected to ship in other territories next year.

VideoGamer.com Interview: http://www.videogamer.com/news/27-11-2007-6978.html

-------------

More details on Ghostbusters: The Game

Red Fly Studios, the developer for the Wii and PlayStation 2 versions, plans to incorporate more cartoon-like graphics into those editions. The Wii version will feature the same storyline and much of the same gameplay as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, however. Red Fly Studios has not stated how the Wii's functionality will be utilized.

Multiplayer will include a two-versus-two battle mode, a "damage-as-much-as-possible" mode and a domination mode where the players can challenge each other over artifacts. Several mini-games will also be available.

Publisher Sierra Entertainment expects to release Ghostbusters: The Video Game during Christmas 2008.

Official Ghostbusters website: http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/us/index.html

-------------

Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed the first details about JAWA: The Mammoth and the Mysterious Stone , one of the originally announced Wii titles. This prehistoric life simulation from publisher Spike will allow players to control a caveman.

Like Nintendo's own Animal Crossing series, Jawa: Mammoth Secret will include cartoon-like graphics in addition to day and night cycles. Up to four players will be able to share a settlement and communicate with each other through certain messaging features.

Spike has set the game's release window in Japan for March 2008. Mammoth Secret has not been confirmed for other territories. The website for the game is also now open!

Official website: http://www.spike.co.jp/jawa/system/index.html

-------------

The Smash Bros. DOJO!! has updated us with the following.

Wario's Final Smash: Wario-Man!

wario_071128b.jpg

The Temple stage returns from previous installment, Super Smash Bros.: Melee [Nintendo GameCube]

stage18_071130b.jpg

Friend list feature is where you add your Smash Friend Codes.

You can also write your own custom taunt messages and use them while battling with Friends.

wi-fi03_071203d.jpg

www.smashbros.com

-------------

Catch up on previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

mario galaxy makes me feel dizzy when i play haha

the "gravity defying" graphics always makes me feel like im going to fall off my tiny little planet

the planets are so cute tho and they remind me of the little prince. :]

my brother bought Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. I tried it and its decent. Running is hard work lol. Only event i like is archery. I'm going to try to unlock each event just for the hell of it.

Guest RS Trax

Get ready to celebrate the arrival of a bunch of fun new features on the Wii™ Shop Channel. This week marks the debut of the first Pokémon® game for the Virtual Console: Pokémon Snap™, which originally was a hit on Nintendo® 64. This Pokémon photographic adventure comes with a special Wii bonus: It now includes a special feature that allows players to post pictures they take in the game to their Wii Message Board and send them to friends with whom they've traded Friends Codes.

And let’s not ignore the other sure-to-please titles: Ghosts’n Goblins and BASEBALL STARS 2. These three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. But wait – there’s more!

Later in the day on Monday, Nintendo will make your holiday shopping just a little bit easier. If some people on your gift list have visions of classic video games dancing in their heads, you’re in luck. Starting this week, Wii Shop Channel patrons can use a new Gifting feature to send games to other Wii owners with whom they’ve traded Friend Codes. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to give your fellow Nintendo buffs the gift of a classic game—no wrapping paper required. And don’t worry about duplication. If your friend already has the game you’re trying to give, you’ll get a simple message and be bumped back into the catalog to continue shopping.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

pokemon-snap-20060505053958355.jpg

Pokémon Snap

Nintendo 64

1 player

Rated E for Everyone

1,000 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Snap

ghosts-goblins.gif

Ghosts’n Goblins

NES®

1-2 players

Rated E for Everyone—Mild Animated Violence

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins

Baseball_Stars_2_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

BASEBALL STARS 2

NEOGEO

1-2 players

Rated E for Everyone

900 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_Stars_2

Terrific Wii Shop update we have this week right? Pokemon Snap was one of my favorite titles on the N64. I remember purchasing that on the first day of release. Here's hoping to a Pokemon Snap sequel for Wii release! \:D/

-------------------

The Japanese site for NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams has seen an update. There are some new levels, some new screenshots as well. Click on the button that says ‘update’ underneath it.

Official website: http://nights.sega.jp/nights2/

By the way, GameStop/EB are offering a NiGHTS Promo DVD to those who pre-order the game or buy an E-rated Sega title. It's a DVD that includes behind the scenes look at the making of the game.

-------------------

Also upon those who reserve a Japanese copy of Rune Factory 2, a pre-order gift will be included, 32-page art booklet as well as a mini-drama/soundtrack CD.

55.jpg

Source

-------------------

Also for for Shiren the Wanderer 3 (Siren 3) pre-orders, SEGA will be offering a special remote stand that looks something like this:

siren01.gif

Source

-------------------

2K has announced a partnership with Don King to bring Don King Presents: Prizefighter to the 360, Wii, and DS. The game aims to be the most in-depth boxing game yet, and will take a "documentary style" approach to conveying the life and hardships of a boxer. 2K’s Venom Games studio will be handling the game, which is the same team that worked on the Rocky game.

Source

-------------------

Development Tools Provider Kynogon has announced the availability of its Kynapse A.I. engine for Wii developers.

Using Kynapse, developers can more easily program 3D perception and spatial reasoning so that AI can dynamically identify hiding positions, threat zones, access ways and more. Additionally, the tools allow several thousands of non-player characters to act with advanced reasoning skills.

Many publishers such as Electronic Arts, THQ, Activision, Midway and SEGA currently employ Kynapse for their games. Over 60 titles have used the A.I. tools suite, including Crackdown, Fable 2 and The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar. Two unspecified game developers are already utilizing Kynapse for their Wii projects, according to Kynogon.

Source

-------------------

Good news for Guitar Hero III [Wii] owners, Activision will be offering remastered game discs early 2008 which will also enable downloadable content for the system sometime next year.

The new stereo-enabled discs will be free of charge through Activision. No specific date or how they would be shipped out. RedOctane is reportedly working feverishly with Nintendo to figure out a method of getting new songs on the Wii. Apparently, trying to wish them onto the system hasn't been working out very well.

Source

-------------------

For those who don't already know, two of the biggest video game labels have joined up. Activision has just teamed up with Venendi label to form Activision Blizzard.

Activision is responsible for games such as of course Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Call of Duty etc. while Blizzard (part of Vivendi) is known for major PC titles such as World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo series.

Now EA (Electronic Arts) has something to worry about.

Source

-------------------

Nyko has just announced their latest product, the Wireless Nunckuck for the Nintendo Wii. The Wireless Nunchuck from Nyko will launch next month in America.

Source

-------------------

It was recently revealed that, like the Japanese version of No More Heroes, the European version of the game will be edited and all instances of blood will be removed due to the controversies surrounding Manhunt 2, including but not limited to the unauthorized leak of the AO-rated version specifically in Europe. This action has left many European fans furious and has spawned a number a petitions with hope in changing the publisher's decision.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Heroes_%28video_game%29

-------------------

Smash Bros. DOJO!! updates with Basic Brawl in Wi-Fi Battle with Anyone mode, Battle for Smash Ball, a new theme "X: Tunnel Scene", and the following.

Pokemon: Bonzly

mball08_071210c.jpg

Bonzly appears to be a bonsai tree. Bonsly’s body is made up of rocks and stones, so if you throw it at someone nearby, they'll be sent flying away.

King Dedede Final Smash: Waddle Dee Army

kingdedede_071206b.jpg

With the Smash ball, Dedede can send his army of Waddle Dees as well as Gorgos on to destroy the entire stage.

www.smashbros.com

------------------

Catch up on all my previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week when NiGHTS releases! HAPPY HOLIDAYS~ \:D/

// Roth

Guest papasmurf

PAPASMURF'S REVIEW on Light Gun:

ahh..~~ i've been waiting for this, but seems like there's something missing...SHOOTING GAME so i grabbed RE:UC to test this baby out

controls: KINDA HARD, maybe it's bcuz u CAN'T REACH THE A BUTTON OR CONTROL BUTTONS?!?!?! they should've thought about this before they made it, but oh well, i found a way to do it, use ur left hand to change weapons or pick up items =] my advice u CAN get zapper but it's not necessary, and also it's just for a style. pretty much manicure shell

DSCN2386.jpg

Guest atlanticgal

the wii is only successful because it appeals to a wider range of audience where else the 360 and PS3 is for the more narrow hardcore gamers....personally i hate the wii (and im gona get flamed by fanboys) i only play the wii for resident evil UC and mario galaxy.

The biggest problem i hav with the wii is that there isnt many strong third party games.

Guest epark1281

the wii is only successful because it appeals to a wider range of audience where else the 360 and PS3 is for the more narrow hardcore gamers....personally i hate the wii (and im gona get flamed by fanboys) i only play the wii for resident evil UC and mario galaxy.

The biggest problem i hav with the wii is that there isnt many strong third party games.

let me tell you about my experience with the wii. I've had one nintendo game system in my entire life, and that's the NES, that's right, the ORIGINAL. Since then, i've owned the sega genisis, ps1, ps2, and a psp. I've been on sony since they came out with the playstation initially. I've no experience with the x-box really. But currently, i'm a working grad student that doesn't have 20 hours a week to commit to games on the PS3 and the 360. The wii is an innovative console. It's the first of it's kind. I enjoy it because can sit down for an hour, have fun, then put the controller down and move on to other things. The wii is entertaining, not obsessive. It's a great party console, and they have great one player games as well. And as for the third party games, that's not a flaw indicative of the game console itself. That's for nintendo, their lawyers and software companies to work out.

Guest aznfishyfart

u forgot to say it costs much less than a ps3 or 360

Guest yukumushio

And it owns cuz it's name is WII. lol

Wow dude, you're amazing with the updates, thanks A LOT for them, I've been out of it for a little bit and you've definitely helped with your weekly updates!!

I love the gravity stuff in Galaxy, I've probably spent a combined full hour just jumping around trying to do a complete revolution around a planet. lol, there's this one level in the Dusty Dunes - 2nd Star, where there's a weird uhhh 'snake' of moving sand, if you long jump there...oh man it's SOOO awesome!!!

Guest epark1281

just found the LAST COPY of Guitar Hero's III at K-Mart. I don't know why this game is so hard to find. I wasn't even there for video games, i was there to shop for holiday decorations.

Guest CK92842

The game is difficult to find for the 360 & PS3, I've seen a couple of Wii versions sitting around at my local Toys R Us and here's why...

"For a game so intensely focussed on music, the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock shipped for Wii with a rather unfortunate, but critical flaw. Although the first entry of the franchise on Wii advertises that it supports stereo sound output, with additional provisions made specifically for Dolby Pro Logic II, gamers quickly discovered that game only sends a monaural signal."

They're issuing replacements so no need to worry, should be out early 2008.

http://www.dailytech.com/Activision+to+Iss...article9941.htm

Guest RS Trax

Today's new releases of classic titles on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console:

cybernator1.jpg

Cybernator

SNES

1 player

rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernator

AsMDNormal.PNG

Alien Storm

Sega Genesis

1-2 players

rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Storm

wb3.png

Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair

TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM

1-2 players

rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_III:_Monster_Lair

-------------------

Last week's US Wii releases:

Super Swing Golf Season 2

This week's US Wii releases:

Nights: Journey of Dreams

Indianapolis 500 Legends

Myth Makers: Super Kart GP

Last week's US DS release:

Left Brain, Right Brain

American Girl: Julie Finds a Way

WordJong

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2008

The Golden Compass

Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Game

John Deere Harvest in the Heartland

Draglade

This week's US DS releases:

Clue/Mouse Trap/Perfection/Aggravation

Warhammer 40k: Squad Command

Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge

MX vs ATV Untamed

Indianapolis 500 Legends

Corvette Evolution GT

Elements Of Destruction

-------------------

Box arts of upcoming Wii titles

No More Heroes (Europe)

No More Heroes (North America)

Box arts of upcoming DS titles

L: The proLogue to Death Note

]Fist of the North Star DS (Hokuto no Ken: Hokuto Shinken Denshôsha no Michi)

Rune Factory 2

Advance Wars: Dark Conflict + Donkey Kong: Jet Race

-------------------

Here're some new trailers and videos on youtube

Resident Evil: Degeneration, trailer of the upcoming CGi movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJfeaPjJrg

Final Fantasy IV Japanese trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOyBSpNm9I

South Korean Nintendo DS Christmas Promotion Advert:

Wii Fit Aerobics Tour:

http://revver.com/video/530674/wii-fit-aerobics-video-tour/

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity intro video:

-------------------

The official Japanese site for One Piece: Unlimited Cruise is up and running.

Official website: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/wii_onepiece2/

-------------------

Symphonic Orchestra, a new title from Kando Games, is heading to both the Wii and Nintendo DS. Here are some of the Wii version:

Play and learn the most popular classical music:

* Carmen from Bizet

* The Traviata from Verdi

* The ninth symphony from Beethoven

A game for everyone, with an intuitive gameplay

* Swing the game controller to perform moves

* The game is highly tolerant of beginners

Conduct orchestras in the most famous venues of the world:

* Vienna

* Berlin

* Paris

Source

-------------------

Square Enix just announced their lineup for 2008 including titles for Nintendo DS, PSP, and Wii.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-

DRAGON QUEST SWORDS: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Ring of Fates

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

Source

-------------------

Speaking of RPG, Atlus announced their development for their action RPG title, Baroque (based on the manga series of the same name, is coming to US Wii and PS2 next year in February.

Here's a trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUJBXebhsfQ

Official website: http://www.atlus.com/baroque

-------------------

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime held a conference call a few days ago to discuss the Wii demand and supply, the 'Wii Raincheck' program being exclusively offered by GameStop, the company's attitude towards online voice chat and more.

Nintendo and retailer GameStop will collaborate in an effort to help consumers secure a Wii this holiday season. Starting December 21, the 'Wii Raincheck' program will allow consumers to put down the full price of a Wii, for which they will receive a 'raincheck' that can be redeemed for a console in January. According to Fils-Aime, GameStop has "tens of thousands" of these certificates and he intends them for people who want "something to put under the tree."

Fils-Aime also noted that six million Wii units have been sold in the United States alone, with worldwide sales hovering around 11 million. Nintendo does not have the ability to stockpile systems, Fils-Aime explained, but the 1.8 million consoles being produced per month tend to sell out within days of reaching retailers. Although Nintendo ships 50% of manufactured Wii consoles to North America, the company has no plans at present to produce the machines in that territory.

Fils-Aime relayed Nintendo's desire to mostly leave older titles alone; he does not anticipate any Virtual Console games will receive the addition of online play. However, for upcoming online-enabled Wii titles, Fils-Aimed said that online voice chat comes down to finalizing a peripheral and that he wouldn't be surprised to see that functionality become available in the future.

More details at the following link:

Source

-------------------

Smash Bros. DOJO!! updates us with the following.

Rotation mode

various17_071211d.jpg

Waluigi assist trophy

assist14_071214b.jpg

Starfy assist trophy

assist13_071214c.jpg

along with detailed description of the Options menu, Co-op Events, Mario Circuit Stage, Ice Climbers theme.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is set for release on January 24, 2008 [Japan], February 10, 2008 [North America]. No dates specified for other regions.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl

Official website: Smash Bros. DOJO!!

---------------

Catch up on previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest Velocitii

gh3 wasnt hard to find at all for me, i walked into a store the day it came out like around nighttime, and there were still a bunch left for the ps3, which is what i bought it for

but back to the wii, does anyone know when nights comes out again?

Archived