Vietnamese Pop Groups

Guest keiryu40

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dbskftw493

lol forever.

I don't listen to Viet pop so I have no idea about how ~original~ the artists are, but comment like yours regarding their clothes made me laugh. I guess one you have the mindset of VIETPOP IS KPOP'S COPYCAT then you had to be nitpicky about everything, even the clothes. God forbid if they wear the same tees, huh?

That felt a bit harsh :mellow: lols I'll just laugh this one off

Well I'm Viet too so I'm not being racist or anything haha and I was merely and simply just pointing out an observation, not nitpicking (: mm well I'm sure other people know that some Vietpop songs do use elements of Korean and Chinese songs, so I s'pose I can take back my comment about "ripping off". But I still stand by that it's not original material (:

But oh well, everyone is entitled to an opinion right?

Guest Inconnu

That felt a bit harsh :mellow: lols I'll just laugh this one off

Well I'm Viet too so I'm not being racist or anything haha and I was merely and simply just pointing out an observation, not nitpicking (: mm well I'm sure other people know that some Vietpop songs do use elements of Korean and Chinese songs, so I s'pose I can take back my comment about "ripping off". But I still stand by that it's not original material (:

But oh well, everyone is entitled to an opinion right?

:mellow: Well your opinion is pretty biased.

The music I listen to from Vietnam are from original artists with talent

so I don't know what you're talking about. Sure there are incidents where

some artists do take the style of Korean artists, but those artist are often

labeled as copycats and don't receive as much recognition as other original

artists. Have you attempted to actually look for REAL talented entertainers

instead of hearing those scandals going around Soompi about Viet industry

copying Koreans?

As a young Vietnamese-American born here in the states, i have to say that vietnamese music these days aren't as good as the pre-war music such as Trinh Cong Son and Duy Khanh, and some traditional songs (such as traditional Hue music). Sure, they may sound dated but they were original and the lyrics had substance. I really wish these songs weren't banned from Vietnam and some younger generations in America would open their minds and actually try to understand the substance of the lyrics. Instead, what we are fed and listen to is crappy "vietnamese pop" which only rips off the image and songs of other countries (Chinese and Korean) and has very few lyrical substance.

Well, if you think about it, most K-pop songs has very few lyrical substance also. It's not just Vietnamese music. I mean, come on, just look at any random K-pop song, and tell me if the lyrics are any more meaningful (Big Bang, Wondergirls, Girls Generation...). There are a few here and there that has meaning to them, but you can say the same for Viet Music. Korean music, however, makes it up by having quality to their music (better technology, catchy beats, etc).

With that said, I don't find a lot Viet celebrities very attractive...

Guest youraDouche.

^ I agree, viet pop music isn't original coz they rip it off kpop bands and whatnot..

is it just me or are the tees that BFB are wearing somewhat look like the ones big bang have? O_O

lol...everyone wants to have that kpop look

not trynna be rude nor mean but,

tell me, why is that they have to steal or w/e yu are saying has to be from "kpop" ?

& call me ignorant, but whats that "kpop look" ?

im srry, but i feel slightly offended by what dbskftw493 said.

EDIT: nvm bout that >.<.

Guest disfunktional.

woww, 8 years away from Viet Nam and there are like a handful of groups o_____O

I heard of May Trang & H.A.T though, but i though may trang only had 3 girls, either ways that girl with black hair in the middle of their picture just killed it lol. she looks terrible and out of place. "F229966 " wth? they couldn't think of any names so they went crazy with the keyboard or something?

^I agree with you too.

Like sometimes when i watch viet music perfs and they do a Viet cover of a Korean song I'll say they're very unoriginal cause Viet bands do remake a lot of songs but the "kpop" look? Just because they dress nice or has fob hair it becomes the Kpop look. A lot of the comments here are of course bias, since we all love our KPOP dearly but it gets offensive sometimes.

That shirt whatever group had on that was "similar" to Big Bang's shirt is very common. A silhouette image of the group with their name on it, I guess many other groups copied Big Bang too?

Hahahaha, some of the hair are more Japanese than Korean's hairstyle.

But then again, it's the Asian's trend.

And try to look for solo artist, not group, you'll be surprised at what you'll hear with solo artist. I know I did just a few weeks ago that I went back to Vpop. Never believe it, but kpop right now isn't all that. I hope Viet pop never go toward the direction of auto tune and dance techno. Too much of it isn't good. Best keep it at mid tempo r&b-ish/pop and ballad.

Don't listen to hip hop and rap from vietnam. -___-

It saddens me to see that a lot of those who dislike and generalizes Vietnamese music are actually Viet themselves. There are the so-called "imitations" everywhere, whether it being from a developed or undeveloped country. But you cannot use those few to generalize and put down a whole entire country's talent. I understand that it might not be in your taste, but please do not generalize. I mean, if you look deeper into the VIet music scene there are a lot of originally composed, beautifully-written songs...especially those from a long time ago (such as Lam Phuong, Pham Duy, TTT, Duc Huy and etc.). Just because you were exposed to certain "negative" stuff, it doesn't mean you have label a whole country's entertainment as that too.

-ida

Guest Swtess

^I agree but now I take whatever they say with a grain of salt now. The viets that are bashing their own country's entertainment about imitation are also trying to imitate koreans, japanese, chinese etc. themselves so really :rolleyes:

No point in trying to get anything through them since they're unwilling to give viet entertainment a chance

Guest _ATELIER

^ agreed, i know this kid who gives himself a korean name, claims he's part korean and speaks korean, when he's 100% viet. it's embarrassing and sad encountering people like that. bs how vietnamese kids are too busy fawning over koreans, japanese, and chinese, that they forget to embrace their own roots! cheesy i know, but i've always been proud of being vietnamese so i want others to feel the same way. i despise people who are ashamed of themselves whenever they hear a viet band copying some koreans/japanese song. what does a song have to do with your own insecurities? there are plenty of original, unexposed talents in vietnam, you just gotta dig deep and learn how to enjoy it.

Actually, most of those copied songs aren't even popular -_____-. The songs that are covered are in a different CD, but mostly they only covered Chinese Melodies or Old Chinese songs and they are given credit. The young idol stars sometimes copied, but if you look at the more established soloist, they sing songs from Vietnamese's composers and writers.

Anyway, I'm searching for more songs from Vietnam, r&b and pop mostly. Anyone have any recommendation?

Guest WOW its SHARON

I gave them a try... sigh.

They sounds and look ridiculous.

Try Ung Dai Ve :]

not all of his stuff is original, i know for sure. buttttttt!

I think he has a good voice. At least CAN do a GOOD cover!! :]

A lot of the covers those other vietnamese singers do, do not do justice!

Guest truffles14

I gave them a try... sigh.

They sounds and look ridiculous.

Try Ung Dai Ve :]

not all of his stuff is original, i know for sure. buttttttt!

I think he has a good voice. At least CAN do a GOOD cover!! :]

A lot of the covers those other vietnamese singers do, do not do justice!

like what? i've never heard a single cover from him before..

HAT broke up in 2005. Luong Bich Huu, Pham Quynh Anh and Thu Thuy are all solo singers now.

Pham Quynh Anh - Bui Bay Vao Mat

Go On just came back with their new album. You can hear one of their new song here.

Nhom Go On - Nho Em

Weboys broke up in 2008. Now ex-member Ngo Tien Dung and Le Hoang (ex-member of BOM) make a new duo called The Men. Their new album was out this month. Ong Cao Thang has gone solo. His first single is due in December.

The Men - I Need

There are only two members in La Thang now (Minh Tuan and Chi Thien). Trinh Thang Binh has gone solo.

La Thang - Ngay Mai Se Den

May Trang is a group with three member (Thu Ngoc, Ngoc Chau and Hai Bang) since 2007. Thu Thuy, Yen Trang-Yen Nhi are some of the ex-members who left the group. They did came back together as 7 for the 9th anniversary of May Trang in June 2009. There are also rumours that member Hai Bang will left the group and go solo after her contract at the end of this year.

F29966 (actually there is only one 2, weird name) broke up a while ago. Ex-member Tim (Cat Vu) is now a solo singer with hit like Mot Vong Trai Dat and Hoi Tiec. Recently, another member of the group (Huynh Cong Tam) also debut under the name of Tim (yeah it's very complicated) with the song Mot Cuoc Tinh Tan Vo.

Tim (Cat Vu) came back in July 2009 with his second solo album.

Tim - Thu Tha

HKT are really young. Their song Co Gai Xi Tin is very funny.

Kio Band and K6 Band are two really new bands. If I'm not wrong they debuted this year.

K6 Band - Anh Sang Thien Duong

K6 Band - Mat Troi

I never heard of BFB Band until today. They are a very new group too.

BFB Band - Ky Uc Anh Va Em

There was also a band called Nhom 1088 who was very popular back in 2000. Some of the most popular members are Ung Hoang Phuc, Nhat Tinh Anh and Van Quang Long.

Ung Dai Ve was an ex-member of GMC. They have some really good songs.

GMC- Dem Trang Tinh Yeu

Another old group that I know is Nhom MTV. Ex-member Phan Dinh Tung is very popular now.

MTV - Nhu La Tinh Yeu

There are a lot of group in Vietnam, but they never last because solo singers are more popular.

Anyway, I'm searching for more songs from Vietnam, r&b and pop mostly. Anyone have any recommendation?

Kind of out of topic but here are some of the most popular songs in Vietnam now.

Lieu Anh Tuan (ex-member of La Thang) - Da Co Luc

Noo Phuoc Thinh - Neu (If)

Ngo Kien Huy - Gia Vo Yeu (Pretending to love)

M4U & Nguyen Hai Phong - Tan Bien (Disappear)

Dong Nhi - Boi Roi

Archived