[UPDATED7/15/12]HOW TO❥ custom fonts for iphone iOS4+

Guest sharmainenvy

Guest sharmainenvy

UPDATE: JULY 15, 2012Sorry for not keeping track with this thread, but if you want more fonts as well as an updated version of Rix Go Mae Jum (fixed misalignment) head over to http://fontc.at I know that site will be of service to you. You can request any font to be ported too!I will now bow out of this thread, adieu!
★★FONTS 2823vdf.jpg
nezsp3.jpg
As seen in 4minute lyric video (link in comments) FOR iPHONE | FOR PC
8x7lfd.jpg
23gzbb5.jpg
FOR iPHONE | FOR PC
2z82g46.jpg
1t2zdk.jpg
FOR iPHONE | FOR PC
t9ikuw.jpg
wjcawx.jpg
FOR iPHONE | FOR PC
256urf8.jpg
2iiepzo.jpg
FOR iPHONE | REQUEST FOR PC 11qr29y.jpg
2cz9dt3.jpg
REQUEST FOR iPHONEFOR PC 2d8gd94.jpg 2qvv8e9.jpg
9h11fk.jpg
FOR iPHONE FOR PC
33os5s0.jpg
r1jryd.jpg
REQUEST FOR iPHONE | FOR PC
★★

Preview:
dgql1c.jpg

Intro:
I found some cute fonts from Korean cellphones and celebrities over at the 【Korean SMS ★ Ringtones ★ Wallpapers Thread】 created by yoojeong and have desperately tried to find a way to use them on my iPhone. After multiple tutorials, I was about to give up until I realized that I had been following tutorials meant for iOS3 and below (I'm running firmware version 4.2.1). No longer an idiot, I finally managed to find and follow a guide for iOS4+ and was able to use the fonts at last! I'd like to share my method, which is pretty easy (since I generously saved you from having to go through porting each font for iOS4, a difficult business) , BUT please keep in mind that these fonts and this tutorial will not work for iPhones or iPod Touches running firmware later than iOS4 you MUST be running iOS4.0 or higher. This is due to a file format change in what the iOS4 uses; iOS4 uses TTC's now, whereas iOS3 used TTF's. The fonts I have provided use the .ttc file format, which is why they are not compatible with iOS3 iPhones/iPod Touches.

Necessities: ★ A Jailbroken iPhone OR iPod Touch on iOS4+
    [tethered or untethered]   
★ SSH Program; such as iFunBox
★ Bytafont [You can download and install this from Cydia]

Let's Get Started~ I've prepared two different versions of my tut; one for intermediate/advanced iPhone techies and one that is easy to follow and very noob-friendly.

Quick Advanced Tutorial
★ Step 1
    DOWNLOAD A FONT TO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL WITH:
    Rix Go Mae Jum
    LG Cooky
    SM Yoo Chun
    FOR PREVIEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THREAD I HAVE MENTIONED IN MY INTRO.
    ((((PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE MY PORTED FONTS UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION))))

★ Step 2
    ONCE IT FINISHES DOWNLOADING, EXTRACT THE .RAR FILE AND COPY THE NEW FOLDER THAT SHOULD APPEAR.

★ Step 3
    CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA USA, EXIT ITUNES IF IT POPS UP. OPEN IFUNBOX AND NAVIGATE TO RAW FILE SYSTEM/VAR/MOBILE/LIBRARY/MYFONTS. PASTE THE FONT FILE IN THAT LOCATION. YOU MAY             NOW DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE.

★ Step 4
    LAUNCH BYTAFONT. YOU SHOULD SEE THE NAME OF THE FONT FILE YOU DOWNLOADED IN THE LIST OF FONTS IF YOU DID ALL OF THE ABOVE CORRECTLY.

★ Step 5
    TAP THE CUSTOM FONT AND YOU WILL BE PROMPTED IF YOU WANT TO RESPRING, TAP YES. AND THAT'S IT! :D YOUR DEVICE SHOULD NOW BE USING THE CUSTOM FONT YOU CHOSE.

Noob-friendly Tutorial
★ Step 1
    SEE STEP 1 IN QUICK ADVANCED TUTORIAL. NOTE THAT I WILL BE USING RIX GO MAE JUM FOR THIS TUTORIAL, JUST KNOW THAT YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH ANY OF THE OTHER FONTS.

★ Step 2  
    UPON DOWNLOAD COMPLETION, YOU SHOULD SEE A RAR FILE (I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE AN EXTRACTION PROGRAM ALREADY INSTALLED, IF NOT GOOGLE "WINRAR"). RIGHT CLICK AND "EXTRACT HERE". >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 3
    ONCE EXTRACTION IS COMPLETE, YOU SHOULD SEE A FOLDER NAMED "NAME OF FONT YOU CHOSE.FONT" IN MY CASE IT SHOULD SAY "RIX GO MAE JUM.FONT" RIGHT CLICK THE FOLDER AND COPY. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 4
    CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA USB. OPEN IFUNBOX AND FIND YOUR DEVICE'S NAME, YOU SHOULD SEE A LITTLE "+" ICON TO THE LEFT OF IT. CLICK IT. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 5
    CLICKING THE + ICON EXPANDS A LIST. FIND THE + ICON NEXT TO "RAW FILE SYSTEM" AND CLICK IT. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 6
    CLICKING ON THAT + ICON EXPANDS ANOTHER LIST. FIND "VAR" AND CLICK IT. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 7
    YOU SHOULD SEE A DIRECTORY OF FOLDERS. FIND "MOBILE" AND CLICK IT. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 8
    THIS OPENS ANOTHER DIRECTORY OF FOLDERS IN WHICH YOU SHOULD FIND "LIBRARY" AND CLICK.. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 9
    THIS OPENS YET ANOTHER DIRECTORY OF FOLDERS WHERE YOU SHOULD FINALLY FIND "MY FONTS". CLICK IT. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 10
    RIGHT CLICK ANY BLANK AREA AND CLICK PASTE. IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CLICK IT, YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE FONT FOLDER, RECOPY (CTRL+C), AND TRY PASTING AGAIN. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 11
    YOU SHOULD SEE THIS.

★ Step 12
    NOW GO ON YOUR DEVICE AND LAUNCH BYTAFONT. IF YOU DID ALL THE STEPS CORRECTLT, YOU SHOULD SEE THE CUSTOM FONT YOU CHOSE IN THE LIST OF AVAILABLE FONTS. TAP THE CUSTOM FONT'S NAME, WHICH IN MY     CASE IS RIX GO MAE JUM. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 13
    YOU SHOULD BE ASKED IF YOU'D LIKE TO APPLY THE FONT AND PROMPTED TO RESPRING. TAP YES. >>Visual Aid<<

★ Step 14
    UPON RESPRING, YOUR PHONE SHOULD NOW BE USING THE CUSTOM FONT! happy.gif
    2yyvbk2.jpg

If you have any further questions, comment below for an answer!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sharmainenvy

I'm afraid not ): the font files would be incompatible. These only work on OS4 and higher.

As for the theme, it is a windows 7 phone theme made by GaN-MaN. I just modded it to my liking (custom icons, wallpaper, and font) (:

Guest tirahbunny

this is amazing! thank you so much.

do you also have the link of the tutorial on how to do it for iOS3? my cousin's iphone 3gs is still running 3.1.2

Guest sharmainenvy

No problem~

I forgot where I found the tut it was either at macthemes or modmyi, you could try checking in their forums. You could also just let me know what font you want and I could port it for iOS3+ for you when I have the time.

This goes for future readers as well, just leave your font request along with what OS version you're running in a comment below and I'll try to make it happen (:

Guest ash-lee

Hey, I tried doing this and up to the part where I click Library, I can't seem to find "My fonts". I've done everything else but I just can't seem to find that :x

Guest sharmainenvy

Hey, I tried doing this and up to the part where I click Library, I can't seem to find "My fonts". I've done everything else but I just can't seem to find that :x

That is usually the case when you have not installed Bytafont. If you have, try removing it and reinstalling.

There may also be a chance that you are accessing the wrong Library as there are two. Make sure you're at the one in "mobile" which is in "var" located in "raw file system".

Guest veyonce

OMG!! Thank you so much for doing this!!! I'm using Iphone IOS4+ too but I didn't know how come the fonts doesn't work on my iphone until I read your post. I have a problem though.. The font size on my home screen became very small. Do you know how to change the font size???

Guest sharmainenvy

OMG!! Thank you so much for doing this!!! I'm using Iphone IOS4+ too but I didn't know how come the fonts doesn't work on my iphone until I read your post. I have a problem though.. The font size on my home screen became very small. Do you know how to change the font size???

You're welcome! To change font size is very easy. Simply go to your phone's settings, click Accessibility and the third option should be Large Text, and from there you can manage your font size (:

Guest veyonce

Thanks, Sharminenvy. Tried that but my home screen is still small... :(

Btw, how did you convert the font??? Hope to see more korean fonts.. Hee.. :)

Guest sharmainenvy

Thanks, Sharminenvy. Tried that but my home screen is still small... :(

Btw, how did you convert the font??? Hope to see more korean fonts.. Hee.. :)

Ohhh! You want to change the homescreen's font size? I'm afraid that it's not possible,

or at least with the fonts I've posted, sorry about that /:

You see, when you port fonts for the iPhone you have to make it a certain size in order

for it to work, that's why I had to use a smaller size.

I converted the fonts using a tutorial I found on the web (: I'll port more fonts for the 

iPhone/iPod Touch if people want them~

Guest sharmainenvy

Thanks Sharmainenvy for your font porting. Please port more fonts especially cute korean fonts for Iphone/Itouch. ^^ 

Have you seen this font?? http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded It's so cute!!!

Found this too: http://mongd2i.com.n...nt/korean_1.htm

Oooh~ I especially like that font in the 4Minute video, I can't seem to find a download link 

to the font though, anyone kind enough to help so I can port it for you all? ^^"

Guys, I sound like a pain, but I tried reinstalling it, tried making a new folder, but none of it seems to work still :(

Hmm... can you tell me what OS version you're running? That might be an issue. 

And if you don't mind telling me what you did in detail, it would really help me

in helping you (;

Guest veyonce

Hi ash-lee,

Have you downloaded Bytafont? I used Iphonebrowser to transfer to my iphone via USB (http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/detail?name=SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.93.exe). I'm scared to use SSH etc. Lol...

Oooh~ I especially like that font in the 4Minute video, I can't seem to find a download link 

to the font though, anyone kind enough to help so I can port it for you all? ^^"

Hmm... can you tell me what OS version you're running? That might be an issue. 

And if you don't mind telling me what you did in detail, it would really help me

in helping you (;

The font is apparently LG Bubble font from LG Lollipop mobile??

Guest sharmainenvy

The font is apparently LG Bubble font from LG Lollipop mobile??

I don't think it is the ever-so famous bubble font, lol.

The A's are different.

Guest sharmainenvy

Oic.. I think the font was created by the uploader?? Do you have the bubble font???

The youtuber who posted the vid told a commenter the name of the font, and it's

in korean, I'm currently in the process of finding it~

And no, I don't think anyone's ever extracted it from the LG Lollipop phone.

Archived