Is this dress prom appropriate?

Guest flancakes

Guest flancakes

With prom just around the corner, everyone (including me) is hustling to buy that perfect dress. I've been searching for awhile, and I have only found one that I like and falls under my budget. I'm just not sure if it's prom appropriate?? I feel like the front shows too much, and it seems like something one would wear on the red carpet. Apparently it is also a little "slutty"/"not classy." I attached links for screenshots of a front/back pic, taken from the original website (BCBG)

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-13%20at%207.42.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-13%20at%207.55.5

Would you wear something like this to prom?

Guest Covercommentplease

I think it's really pretty, but you should also make sure with your school teachers because based on some of my friends' experience some teachers can be too conservative. Also ask around and compare it with your school mates so that you can eliminate the possibility of overdressing.

Guest glamazon21

I agree with covercommentplease_stv you should inquire about dress code policy at school to see if it's appropriate or not. Maybe show a picture to the staff member in charge of organizing it with the prom committee. 

Personally I don't think it's slutty or classless, especially with the sheer fabric it looks better as opposed to the skin on the chest just being left bare. If you have your hair and make-up done well I think it would be really nice for prom. Red-carpet is considered a "style" for prom so while it isn't the traditional North-American princess prom dress I do think that this dress shows you have good taste and style :)
If you're concerned about showing too much you can buy some double-sided tape at the drugstore so that the dress won't move around and expose anything parts you don't want to show. I didn't get the dress that my heart was set on for prom (which was also very affordable) and I still regret it, so if it's allowed by the school I say go for it!

Guest andersonmaria
It is a perfect prom dress. Well, if you are comfortable with it, then go ahead, wear this beautiful prom dress with matching accessories and make you look eye blocking in the party.

Guest clarkedakin_stv

Looks very pretty, This is wonderfully designed to make you look and feel incredible on your special day. Fabric and style are two important things while selecting a perfect prom dress. There are many fashion boutique where you can get some unique styles and designs in prom dress.

Guest sarahlouise

It's a great dress for a prom and I think if you style yourself with a sophisticated hairstyle and simple jewelry you will look classy not slutty.

If you are big in the chest though, I could imagine the school may not think it fits the school dress policy! 

Archived