Need advice...

Guest tokionicole

Guest tokionicole

So, I've been sleeping with a guy friend for more than a week. We just sleep, nothing more. The thing is, I felt that we got a lot closer and I'm scared that he might develop feelings for me. I do not want that to happen because I will totally reject him and things will change.

What should I do?

Stop sleeping with him. Gradually shift away from that intimate routine or make it immediate.

When 2 people spend a large amount of time together, 2 things will inevitably happen: they will develope feelings and become quite comfortable with each other or hate each other for their personality/habits.

I"m pretty sure you're not going to take any of the above's advice. that's why you asked right? to get a solution that doesn't involve stopping. tbh, I think the other people are mislead. The only thing you're worried about is "things will change" which probably includes not sleeping with him anymore. and personally, when everyone tells you to just stop now, it's like committing suicide now because you're worried about dying later. kinda defeats the purpose because they're telling you to do the very thing you're trying to prevent. lol, I dont' think other people put much thought into their responses, prob just thinking on moral terms I guess.

Anyway, the only other thing you can do is tell him that you don't want things to change. tell him and lay down the expectations of this fwb relationship. then perhaps you guys can continue with no problems. if he is not able to comply, then the next best option is to keep sleeping with him until he develops feelings and then you leave. As far as you're concerned, the amt of days left that you can still sleep with him is the priority right?

Now if breaking his heart is worse than to rescind your sleeping priviledges from now on, then you should take all the other people's advice, and just stop now.

all dep on what you want.

lol ninshark, I'm amusingly insulted that you assume my response had no thought into it.

1. From her use of words, I understood that she was simply dozing off in bed with him, nothing more. So this isn't really about morality. Her point was that she was concerned that her friend might develop deeper, romantic feelings for her -- which she didn't want. Yes, as you said, she doesn't want anything to change. But change and growth is inevitable.

What's the best way to prevent that from happening?
1. Tell him that he's not allowed to fall for her. Or state that she likes the way things are and hope nothing new happens.
2. Stop spending close time together. I told her the latter since it was more reasonable than being blunt and confrontational (which most people dislike to be).

Guest writerstale

tokionicole said: So, I've been sleeping with a guy friend for more than a week. We just sleep, nothing more. The thing is, I felt that we got a lot closer and I'm scared that he might develop feelings for me. I do not want that to happen because I will totally reject him and things will change. What should I do?

@tokionicole
Why are you sleeping with him in the first place if you only want to be friends?
I agree with @silent.dragon and @DFO-king. You may not have realised this but by sleeping next to your friend, this is almost unwittingly telling him you are ready to move to the next step.This is why we have personal space.In general, the bed is a personal space that you share with your significant other. So I am not surprised that he may have develop deeper feelings for you.

Guest tokionicole

I don't know where you guys are from but here in Japan we help out our friend who are in need. He need a place to sleep for a few weeks, so I let him sleep with me.

Guest tokionicole

@tokionicole: Why do the females that this situation applies to do this? Don't tell me I don't know because you do know! Wtf kind of attention do you expect to bring if you're just "sleeping" with him. Gtfoh. It's females like you that make it hard for the few good females that are probably out there. Smh. What you should do is work on being a better person and play with people's emotions/feelings. I will not feel sorry for you when the tables are turned and the "bad" boy dupes you to smitherines.

@jly31: She knows what she's doing by sleeping in a bed with him. She's highly privy to what she's doing. This is not some accident or some coincidence. Her actions are deliberate and on purpose.

Oh honey, you don't have to be so rude :)

eh? do you guys sleeping in same bed? no matter how urgent the situation, you should not letting him sleeping in your house. he should have any guy friend, right? if you really don't have any feelings toward him, just be straight to kick him off. if you not that cruel, you can say he should sleep on sofa or floor. as a woman, we should never let our guard down. guy can take advantage from that. just sayin :D

Guest susipantss

I think that you should let him know that your concern is friendship.  You wouldn't want to loose such a great friend so nothing romantic should come out of this because it means that much to you.  Thats all you need to say.  :)

^ in short she takes him in and let him sleep in the same bed as her for a few weeks now. She is afraid that Even with that closure in intimacy can develop a slight of feelings. Hes a good friend and she dont want to lose the friendship
my advice:kick him down to the floor and sleeplet him sleep on the couch/sofa&& of course communication is a huge deal breaker disregard of the relationship (friendship/ dating ..)

Guest tokionicole

Wait, so "just sleeping" as in just screwing? Or as in just sleeping. The whole needing a place to  stay part is confusing.

Just sleep, no sex

Archived