how to accentuate legs? kpop tips?

Guest tijana93

Guest tijana93

ok first of all i finally found the 'new thread' button ^^' yay for me :P
anyways its summer and summer means new clothes...ive been thinking about what type of clothes i should ware, since im almost 19...so i guess feminine, a bit sophisticated? uf i dont know...maybe i should just describe myself so sm1 can help me with choosing what should look best on me:)well im 164cm or 5'4.6" and relatively skiny...i dont have have scales now but its under 50kg and deffinitely over 45...i want to put main accent on my legs cuz ive meassured the inside part or inseem and its 80cm so basicly almost half my height r my legs :D (almost >< aaaaah)...im not pear shaped or anything so they r lean:) im so happy...when i was in elementary school i was very skinny and so were my legs, it was really upseting for me, i always wore wide boyish pants to hide them...but now i love them and want to show them off as much as i can:)
also i am very pale almost white (im caucasian living in europe where ppl prefer being tanned...also had kind of a complex about that, but after seeing how i look awesome in sertain colors, and also getting into kpop, i apsolutely love my skin shade), ive died my hair very dark brown almost black shade, have dark brown eyes, and also a pair of grey lenses (love them)
also i cant wear heals...every shoe ive ever tried has been too wide for me, but i do have a pair of black not sporty flats which ill probably wear the entire summer (even tho they're too small and even tho i put an extra layer in them they still keep falling off so i cant run in them)
pls give me any tips on how to make my legs look longer, prettier, etc using clothes or stuff...maybe post some pics, or a kpop idol (i love kpop) dressed well, since they put most of the enfasize on their legs...pics plz...how long should shorts, skirts, dresses, shirts be...straigt or skin-tight...darker or lighter...heavy or light fabrics...where should the pattern/strongest color be...be as detailed as u can...post ur favorite outfit...
man id kill for clothes and stylists some of the kpop artists have hahaha :P

Guest tijana93

uf maybe i should be more specific...for example park bom...shes the legs of the group...so she usually wears mini dresses or sth like that...and kill heals...yes it does get the job done...but then her upper body looks sort of...well most of the time her dress erases her waist and makes her sholders and back look wider...good dress should also make the waist look tinier and body curvier...hmm ill try to find some pics...here u go:
2012031401000862500072571.jpg?w=487she should at least add a belt or sth cuz she looks too square shaped here...
0006dx5tnot a good neckline for her...
tumblr_lsabybwFDJ1r3neouo1_500_large.jpgdont know who drew this, but i like this look so much better...she should try it out...
ok, so im judging mostly from their live performances ive seen online, but basicly her outfits do great jobs emphasising her legs, but they dont do justice for her torso...can any1 also maybe show some great outfit from any idol, or maybe point out some mistakes...hmm park bom is maybe the most obvious idunno...

Guest Hearted

Insole shoes, short skirts/dresses/shorts/etc, leggings, stockings, knee high socks, tight fitted skinny jeans, bodycon dresses, camera angles, and heels. The length for short _______ is 1/3 or 1/4 that's about a few inches more than your bum or a bit higher than where your fingers end when you put your hands to your side. Shirts should be ... well it depends on the style of bottom your wearing, you just match accordingly. Try following if your wearing a tight bottom, wear a flowy/bigger top because it'll balance it. Of course you can wear a fitted top and tight bottoms and it can work sometimes.

Guest tijana93

^ ^ its too round, makes her face look swollen and shoulders wider...idunno try on a shirt with a big round neckline, it makes u look bigger...depends on ur body type...
ive notised a lot of kpop ppl have been wearing like a big, long shirt and tiny shorts...i think they call it bottomless look...is it wearable and does it work?
thx:)

Guest duh123

uf maybe i should be more specific...for example park bom...shes the legs of the group...so she usually wears mini dresses or sth like that...and kill heals...yes it does get the job done...but then her upper body looks sort of..

.well most of the time her dress erases her waist and makes her sholders and back look wider

...good dress should also make the waist look tinier and body curvier...hmm ill try to find some pics...here u go:

Guest witchery

My guess is that Park Bom has a short neck...I'm the same so necklines that aren't low enough from the shoulders down aren't flattering on me either. Makes it worse when you've round shoulders and meaty arms.
Anyway, for leg-accentuating tips:
you can actually make them look skinnier by wearing something baggy on top. eg a baggy, oversized hoodie with denim cut off shorts. Most people say don't do that look because it will make the top part as well as the bottom part look big and hence big overall. But upon reading your weight and height stats you already have skinny legs. The idea of making your torso seem bigger to make your bottom half look smaller only works in your favour when you have relatively skinny legs to begin with. It will most likely have the opposite effect when your legs aren't.
For lengthening tips, I agree with the previous comments saying you should wear short shorts and skirts. Skater skirts (no longer than mid-thigh) that flare out are also very good at creating the illusion of slimmer thighs. Also don't wear shoes that cut off at the ankle as they make your legs look shorter, but it's ok if they have a decent amount of height on them anyway.

Guest iPhets

If you want to go all out, try highwaisted shorts+black stockings+heels, it does amazing things for me. I get compliments every time I wear this specific combo.. 

Guest TimidSoul

If you want to lengthen your legs, imagine splitting your body into 3 equal parts (vertically) and wear the same colour on the bottom 2/3. For example: a t-shirt tucked into high waisted jeans or the same colour top and pants with a cropped jacket.
Like others have said if you want to show off your legs, wear short shorts and short skirts/dresses. You can also wear nude shoes to lengthen your legs. If you can't wear heels maybe try wearing wedge shoes instead, comfier but also gives you height =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xktee

Try putting shimmer down the front of your thigh, shins and calf! You can use any highlighter or shimmer eyeshadow that matches your skin tone! c:

Archived