[movie 2006] Dirty Carnival 비열한 거리

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever
Jo Insung, Namgoong Min, Lee Boyeong & Jin Goo
Note from Sunshine as of August 25th, I'll try to edit the first post as much as I can...will need to organize first. 200606220000121insert1tm4.jpgtranslated by fern8764 Sidus FNH announced the beginning of filming for Mean Streets Sidus FNH, one of the major movie production companies, announced the beginning of filming for "Mean Streets" in front of the company mansion at 5: 00 pm of Sept. 24. The lead actor Jo Insung was handsomely dressed to attend the event; he looked serious and earnest during the event. Being the lead actor, he plays as Byung-doo who is a gangster ranked as No.3 in his gang. After Sidus Pictures was merged into a new movie production company, "Mean Streets" will be the first released film by Sidus FNH; hence it draws much attention in the entertainment industry. The previous movies produced by Sidus Pictures included "Memories of Murder"(directed by Bong Joon-Ho), Director's Cut (directed by Song Hae-sung), Rules of Dating(directed by Han Jae-rim) etc. Jo Insung plays the role of Byung-doo, 29, ranked as a no. 3 in his gang organization, who is a warmhearted leader with extreme charisma. He's devoted to the higher authority as well as warmhearted and understanding to his lower level fellows. With his background from a slum area, they're his mom, a brother and a sister in his family and he's the oldest son. CEO Go met with Jo Isung with a smile. Moreover, Namgung Min plays as a movie director, Min-ho, who betrays his old friend, and Lee Boyoung, currently starring in a SBS drama, plays the role of Hyun-joo, arousing a serious impact between Jo Insung and Namgung Min. Besides, Jin Goo (?) and Chun Ho-jin are cast in the movie as well. Director Yoo Ha has honed his sophisticated directing skill in "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing" and "The Cruel History of Maljuk Street." He'll begin filming his new project "Mean Streets" in late October.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sunshine4ever

thanks miga for posting this article at www.sweetinsung.net

The Americans have their slew of Mafia films, for the Japanese-it's the Yakuza-inspired movies and for the Koreans-it's JoPok.

JoPok is an abbreviation derived from 'Jo Jik Pok Ryug Bae' which means 'Organized Gangsters' or 'Gangster Faction'. The classic Korean gangster films like "The Son of the General" trilogy weren't considered JoPok, because it was only during the mid 1990's that this new movie genre was born-the JoPok Korean Gangster Films.

The year 2001 was a highlight for the Korean Film Industry, JoPok were beginning to be a force to reckon with. Eight JoPok films were shown that year including the more popular: "My Wife Is A Gangster" and "Friend", that broke box-office records just like what "Marrying the Mafia 2" is doing this year!

It is recognized that JoPok films make a lot at the box office but the main reason that they are made is that many great stories that range from human emotions of tragedy and comedy can be culled from them. Kim Jun Sung wrote, "Gangster films is a stylistic storytelling element that fits into every genre and category."

JoPok films like "Mean Streets" are deeply rooted in the Korean Culture- the Korean Mafia is widely believed to have evolved from the 'Anti-Machurian Rule' sentiments of the Koryu people although some writers trace its history only way back to the Japanese Colonial Era.

Did you know that the gangsters are said to never use weapons in fights? Especially those during the Japanese Colonial Era who considered themselves to be men of chilvary and honor. In their code it was not considered honorable to settle fights using weapons, that's why most of them are good with their fists. Knives, steel pipes, and surprise attacks came later.

The rose tattoo is the symbol they often use (if they had been to prison, a tattoo proves their loyalty to the boss)and the term 'shoulders' is often use to refer to them-perhaps to mean 'someone that you can lean on'? Loyalty is paramount and devotion is absolute for them.

So, have you watched a good JoPok film lately? Tell us about it.

(Some contents condensed from the article "Is The JoPok Wave Such A Bad Thing?" by Kim Jin Sung)

wow.. sunshine.. so it is confirmed that JIS is gonna be in this.. i'm excited.. do you know who is the female lead? he's making a movie, so is he still being cast in a drama later this year? I heard sooo many rumors about him being in a drama.. so i'm quite confused.. hehe.. thanks for the updates..

Guest sunshine4ever

wow.. sunshine.. so it is confirmed that JIS is gonna be in this.. i'm excited.. do you know who is the female lead? he's making a movie, so is he still being cast in a drama later this year? I heard sooo many rumors about him being in a drama.. so i'm quite confused.. hehe.. thanks for the updates..

I think female lead is Lee Bo Yeong (but for this movie, which is a gang movie..i don't think female lead is that important)...he's not in any drama, they're just rumors...he's doing this movie for now...as far as I know...

thanks for all those pictures you posted sunshine4ever! :D did you find out if he's really doing a drama next year and will their drama realy go against GOONG/PALACE? :huh:

it's a rumor, i asked wiwi already..and she said it's a rumor..so i don't think that will ever happen unless it's confirmed :lol:

Guest skyelee21

Goodie! In Sung ssi certainly looks like a toughie on this one.

I bet he's gonna hold a gun again, like he did in BALI (oh, well... that's just for a short moment though).

I'm looking forward to this!

In Sung in a DARK MAFIA MOVIE. How kewl is that???

Guest sunshine4ever

Goodie! In Sung ssi certainly looks like a toughie on this one.

I bet he's gonna hold a gun again, like he did in BALI (oh, well... that's just for a short moment though).

I'm looking forward to this!

In Sung in a DARK MAFIA MOVIE. How kewl is that???

It'll be a real gang movie, but I doubt it'll be dark as WHIB though..I'm hoping he'll show off some martial arts. ;)

Guest skyelee21

Ooh, martial arts, eh?

That would be so insanely cool, sunshine4ever!

I hope he doesn't hurt himself while filming though...

KSW and KRW both got hurt filming their recent action flicks...

Guest sunshine4ever

Old News...

Translation of an article from K-Plaza.com (http://www.k-Plaza.com/news/200507/20050729_3.html)

Translation: Ayaya

Zo Insung, from a beauteous youth to a gangster

In the drama "Bali story" and "Spring day" acted a beauteous youth Zo Insung tries to be a gangstar in a new movie "Mean streets" directed by Yoo Ha, a director of "The Cruel History of Maljuk Street". This new movie "Mean streets" (비열한 거리) is an action noir(a new movei category) about friendship and betrayal between two men, elementary school classmates.

Pyun-doo(not sure the spelling, 병두) which Insung acts, is a gangstar full of ambition, he happened to expose a group's secret to a childhood friend, a movei director Mino(not sure the spelling, 민호. not casted yet.) and Mino makes a movei about the secret. And this puts Pyun-doo into a dangerous situation.

Zo Insung will be a gangstar this time and he is now training intensively the accent of Cholla-do and the play of action scenes.

"Mean streets" will be started filming in mid-September and put on screens in first half of 2006.

Guest teautis

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, i can't wait..... after Spring Day i want him to be in another series but this is just fine and he looks nice with the hair, unlike in Spring day when its all puff up ( power puff boy :P )

Did you guys notice that in the picture posted, with all the men playing cards and stuff!!! he is the only one dressed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:;)B)

Guest sunshine4ever

Jo Insung is insured for 300 Million Won for Mean Street

Translated by: Clar @ http://www.sweetinsung.net

Jo Insung will have his body "tattooed" with a dragon for his role in Mean Streets as a breakthru' of his image.

The dragon tattoo will use a special paint, and requires up to 10 hours of mecticulous painting by hand. Insung will have the dragon drawn on his hip, covered his back and all the way to his shoulder, estimate that the tattoo will be done by mid of this month.

Insung has tried several ways to change his image for this role other than having a tattoo, like cutting his hair. He also went thru 2 mths of intensive training in action school, and weight lifting for better body shape.

Mean Streets is abt the friendship of a gangster and a director friend. The film will be release next year.

-------------------------------

Jo Insung - Dragan Tattoo

Source: naver

Translated by: Clar @ http://www.sweetinsung.net

2 months intensive training to rid of the "Pretty Boy" image.

Insung will be insured for his new role in Mean Streets which he will be gangster (Byun Doo) in the movie. This role will requires him to do alot of high difficulty stunts.

This will be Insung 1st attempt to do high diffculty stunts without the assistance of a stuntman. And if accidents happen, he will be paid 300m Won on insurance coverage.(est US$289,000)

Insung is always being view as " Pretty Boy", but in this movie, he will be doing the dangerous stunts himself. Thr will be several action-packed scene, with the typical use of big public bus and train.

The director, Yoo Ha's previous movie (The Cruel History of Maljuk Street) used minimal safety wire and stuntman to acheive the most realistic visual effect so as to shocked his audience. In a way, it adds on to Insung's burden.

Prior to the filming of the movie, Jo Insung has already cut off his hair and goes thru' intensive phyiscal training to change his image.

Even thou' Insung has been thru' 2 months of training in the action school, and even got himself injured on the shoulder, he still plunge into the filming of Mean Street with greatest passion.

Guest sunshine4ever

okay, everyone, sorry to not posting this earlier, anyway, here are some more infos on other cast members

This comes from ^m^ @ wiwi's site:

Her name is Lee bo-young, and she will be a heroine in Mean Street(In sung's next film)

and then she will play with Jo hyun-jae at 서동요 in SBS TV

so I envy her ^^;;

she made her first appearance in SBS drama (I can't remember its name ;;)

Mean Street is her second film..

she has a favorable impression~

her clear and graceful figure remains in my memories. so I think she will match with In sung

but, the force of her acting is weak (this is MY think ^^;)

20050820133205.906.0.jpg

Name: Lee Bo Yeong

birth year: January 12, 1979

height & weight & blood: 169cm, 50kg, bloodtype B

education: seoul university, women's.... <just like mai wife {Kim Tae Hui}

occupation: talent <so basically an actress for dramas> and a movie actress

Movies: 우리 형 (My Brother)

Dramas : MBC 해후 (An Encounter), SBS 마지막 춤을 나와 함께 (Last Dance is With Me), SBS 장길산 (Jang Gil-Sahn)

starNam1.jpg

cast02.jpg

thanks Sandy aka purpletiger86 for the profile

Nam Gung Min

D.O.B: 1980.3.12

Job: Actor/DJ/VJ

Statis: Single

Height/Weight: 179cm/70kg

School: Jeong Ang Dae School GiGehGong HakBu 97 Hakbun (lol, sorry...can't translate that into english, but i wrote it in konglish)

Nickname: 'guhmanee' 'namgoong daengee'

Family: Parents and Little Brother

Blood Type: B

Hobbies: Star Craft, Pool, Basketball

Interests: Inline Skating, playing guitar

History: Cool's '7 dwarfs who falls in love with snow white' m/v, 'Bunjee Jumping of my Own' Movie, 'Bad Man' Movie, 2003 kbs acting award, KMTV Music Star VJ Award

TV Program: "My Precious Child", "Jang Mi Wa Ol Taeri", "Pearl Necklace", "Dae Bak Family"

I asked wiwi and she said that NamGung Min will play Insung's (Byundoo's) director and friend..

and this one:

00310117_2.jpg

This is Jin Goo

this one, according to Rou, Jin Goo playing one of insung's man...okay now i am really confused lol

but thanks to Rou and wiwi for the infos...

some more pics

200509260758480200_1.jpg

2005092415340452617_1.jpg

Archived