What happens if you drive with the parking/emergency brake on?

Guest xTxHoAx

Guest xTxHoAx
I accidentally did that -_-
I have a 2006 toyota corolla LE (auto). I accidentally drove with the parking/emergeny brakes on. The handle one in the middle not sure which brake that is called. I was wondering how much damage would it do. I drove the car for approximately 6 miles. Any help would be appreciated.

Worse case is maybe you warp your brake rotors from all the heat that is generated from driving with the brake on and you might need to replace them.

At the very least, I'd say you just wore down your brake pads.

Yes, it is called the parking brake. 6 miles, yikes that is pretty far. My friend did that in his Civic and he didn't have any major problems. Just try to go to a mechanic that inspects brakes for free and make sure everything is ok. Don't mention that you drove with your brakes on. They might try to stiff you.

Guest derekthecynic

cant be worse than those beginner drifters that pull that shiet all the time to try to get sideways haha. I think you'll be fine.

Guest ttsanhd

lol i did it like almost eveytime i used the emergency brake, i forget to pull it back down, but i notice cause my car would make a lound noise lol

I have the EXACT same car! I pulled it up once by accident. After I drove it a little, there was this funny smell which I didn't know where it was coming from. It's best if you pull the brake back down b/c my dad says your car is gonna go bye bye if you drive it any longer with the brakes up.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Geez, they I wish they could make the car beep and warn you if you leave it up. It would help a lot of us out...

Guest azn akira

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Geez, they I wish they could make the car beep and warn you if you leave it up. It would help a lot of us out...

idk man.....you could try paying attention, that usually helps. if that fails there is a big BRAKE light thats on the dash...

Archived