Do you wash your hair before curling?

Guest kimchiday

Guest kimchiday
prom hair help.
My hairdresser told me to go with freshly washed hair, but when I searched online, alot of people has said hair holds curls better when the hair is a little dirty. Help?

Guest tofuxx

i think if its a 2nd day w/out wash, the oil would weigh the curls down. i would do what the above post says.

Guest anli

It depends on your hair type. If your hairdresser said to go with freshly washed hair, I'd listen to her. I'm sure she'll put in whatever she needs to make the curls hold.

Guest duh123

i wouldn't listen to her. i practiced my prom curls on dirty hair or 3rd day hair and it looked so amazing! i didn't know better back then so on the day of prom, i washed my hair and curled it the same way. it wasn't nearly as amazing. hair dressers don't always know best. some will tell you one thing just to charge you more.

Guest iPhets

it depends on your hair. if it gets oily quickly, i'd say wash it - because the dirtiness may weigh it down. but if its moderate then go for it.

Archived