Share share share share!!~
So, let's share some interior decorating tips so we can all have a lovely and comfortable room! I'm just adding some as I recall from browsing + will probably add more.
- Mirrors are an easy go-to to create the illusion of space; as well as boosting natural light
- Reduce the size of your bed.. even though we want a big bed, we may not need it. (Sadly, I don't adhere to this. I love sleeping so a spacious bed is a must)
- Use multifunctional furniture - an futon that doubles up as storage space
- Take advantage of underbed storage.
- Use hooks to your advantage. Also, wall shelves are a great option to maximising wall space.
- Creating a filing system; either in relation to urgency of matter or category (ie, bills, forms etc)
- Store smaller things like crafty basics (buttons, ribbons, pens, etc) in glass jars.
- Keep larger items and materials in storage boxes or baskets
- Labels! Labels! Labels! & Place similar things together!
- Keep a "memory" box, where you place your keepsakes and things that have sentimental value, but are hardly 'used' so it doesn't clutter up with items you regularly use & it is safe.
- When sorting out your belongings, place items that you think might come in handy, but you don't know where to place them exactly or when they'd come in handy, in a separate box. Annually (or periodically), sift through the box and see whether you did use it during the period. If not, chuck it out. Otherwise, you're being a hoarder.
- Colours affect mood. Whites and neutrals project a clean and pure effect. Yellows energise. Green promotes growth. Blue calms.
- When decorating your bedroom, divide the colors in the space into components to balance the colors and give it a shot of interest as well - 60 percent of a dominant color, 30 percent of a secondary color and 10 percent of an accent color.
- Rearrange your furniture. You’d be surprised how much of a boost you can give your décor by just moving a few pieces around.
- Nothing beats piles of soft white towels for their luxurious look, especially when you have open shelving in a bathroom. Candles, a blue vase and green- and cream-colour flowers add dashes of pretty to an all-white backdrop.
- Avoid the cluttered, chaotic look of jam-packed shelves by grouping books and accessories of similar size and shape in mini vignettes.
- A throw brings softness to a masculine leather club chair and lends a light, inviting touch to any reading corner.
- A windowed nook is perfect for a built-in daybed (with storage underneath). Try cosying things up with a demi-lune table and a mirror that bounces even more light into the room.
- Experiment with textures when sticking to a white bedroom sheet/quilt set, such as a velvet cushions, cashmere throws etc.
- For an immediate "luxury" or "glam" boost, add curtains and pillows; emulating hotel room extravagance