My Boyfriend And I + Siblings. What To Do?

Guest cella7971

Guest cella7971

I'm really sad, mad and there's nothing I can do..
I’m just wondering if anyone has been in this kind of relationship.

I met my boyfriend through my brother. We got along so well until things happened.

I have been together with my bf for over 1 year (since last summer). So, last December, things started to heat up. My brother doesn’t like my bf and hate him. My bf doesn’t like my bro and hate him too. All because of stupid remarks my brother said. But they didn’t say anything to each other. Instead, BOTH of them talked s*** about each other to me. I still am really hurt until today because one is my bf and one is my brother. So, the hatred keeps building and building inside both of them. I always go everywhere with both of them and I always ask my bro out with us. One day, he rejected my invitation b/c of his hatred to my bf. I noticed that, and since then I never ask him out with us anymore. I respect his decision and so I figure I’ll just wait until he calms down. Days go by, my bro called me to settle this problem in front of his friend (I mean, this is a private matter between the three of us, why do you we need another 3rd party to settle this problem? I still don’t understand). During the conversation, my bro told me that he is jealous of my bf and I. “I never hang out with him, we never went to the movies or grocery together anymore, etc2.” He asked me WHY? And the answer is: Because he gave me attitudes when I asked him out and now he blamed me for not asking him out. He also hates it when I sleep over at my bf’s apt (this is b/c of the silent treatment I got from my bro and I don’t feel welcome at my own place, so I decided to stay at a place where ppl appreciate me. And hello, it’s none of your business whether I want to stay at my bf’s or my place). This is ridiculous. Weeks after that, I broke down in front of my brother, got into a fight and he hit me. Police came right after he left (yes, it was THAT bad). When confronted, my brother couldn’t even defend himself because he knew that he is wrong. My bf has tried so many times to make up with him and wanting to solve these problems. The brother doesn’t want to due to his ego.

So, in the mids of June, my bf’s family came and I could finally met them. I feel so welcome in his family. I got along well with his sisters and mom (his father wasn’t there). After that, my sisters came. I love my younger twin sisters to dead. First couple of weeks, we hung out a lot (with my bf + sisters – bro). I could see my sisters have opened up with my bf and it was such a relief to see them getting along well. But not until long ago, the girls started to hate my bf and giving me attitudes. They talked behind my back and judge my bf and I! (They have just met him a couple of weeks and they said that he is such an a hole and disrespectful to me (b/c we got into a little arguments in the car)). I don’t understand this. I know my bf longer than them. He is loud and we always joke “I’m going to leave you and your sisters on the freeway if you can’t behave in the car” It is our style and it is an old joke for both of us. My sisters think it is serious!! (This is when we were driving out of town 3 hrs away). When I told my sisters that it was a joke and if they wanted to talk to my bf for some explanation, they said NO. I mean, if you want to settle the problem, why do you not want to talk? If my bf explained it to them, it’s the end of story. But they refused to talk to him. Omg. I’m speechless and now they hate him because of this + s*** my brother told them about my bf. I’m like WTH is wrong with this ppl? It hurts me so much when my bf said “why can’t they accept me after all that I’ve done for them? My family loves you and why can’t they do the same?”

After all my bf and I’ve done for the sisters (taking them out b/c the bro doesn’t care and leave them at home without any entertainment etc.), they do this to me.

All I want is a good healthy relationship with everybody. I don’t know until when my bf can handle this kind of pressure from my family. I just don’t understand. I need to talk to someone.

Some friends says “the family can’t do anything about it. It’s your life”. I know it is my life, but I love my family too and I want everyone to get along. But they can’t compromise. They don’t want to talk and they don’t want to know. I've been crying like s*** this couple of days and I'm so tired of this.

What should I do??

PS: They do not want to talk to neither my bf nor I now. they completely ignore us.

Tell your siblings to stop being immature. Talk it out with each other like mature kids/young adults. If they don't want to then just tell them that it's your life, he may be the one and you're not going to let them ruin it for you. Seems like your brother might have a sister complex for you. What kind of brother acts like that? As close as I am with my brothers we don't act like that when we have s/o's.

Maybe you should ignore them back just to show that them throwing their tantrums at you isn't going to work. I think you're too nice to your siblings that they want you all to themselves especially your brother. Don't let them affect you, show them that you care about your bf a lot and they're not going to ruin it for you.

i dont care bout what my sibs thing

n they dont care

so good for both of us...

cant please everyone in life

if they dun wanna play nice

then forget it.. \

Guest sososorri

you are in quite a dilemma.i have to agree. i love my siblings, if i got into a relationship with a person that couldnt get along with my siblings i really dont know what i would do. wut about your parents, can they help in anyway? im not sure about ur situation so.... but if your sisters are easily influenced by your brother, i say it is best if you first start with your brother. if you can get him to like ur bf, for sure your sisters will follow suit.

Guest muffinx3

Man, that's really annoying.

I agree with adore_linda. Try talking to them first and if they're just going to continue being immature, then just ignore them. They're being REALLY immature. :/ Don't let them affect your relationship! And show them that you don't care what they think.

But if I were you, I would honestly just tell my brother to richard simmons off and get over it. Take that stick out of his as*.

I'm all about vulgarity. ;)

Archived