Tiffany Hwang: Behind Snsd's Mushroom Girl's Smile

Guest Soy

updated with more
Try to read this post without any bias-ness because only until you do that can you see how strong of a person this girl is and appreciate her.

I know most people see her as a girl full of smiles all the time but there's obviously more layers behind her smiles than anyone could ever understand. Tiffany, fighting. Even if you've never liked Tiffany in the past, please remember that she is human ... and well she's not a bad kid, she's just like everyone out there. I'm not here to defend her for anything she's said or done in the past, all I know is that Tiffany works hard for the profession she's in (despite all the struggles and obstacles that have been in her way) and I really respect that.

ChoEn interview

2009021301196_1.jpg

o=최승현 vaidale@chosun.com

pic=김승완 wanfoto@chosun.com

t = bug@soshified.com

ddil = clumsy

Tiffany is the girl who was more known as 'DdilFany'. SNSD's Tiffany (20 Stephanie Hwang) is the first member that showed cute clumsiness amongst too "perfect" idol group. Because of that, she was put in a spotlight and appeared in many variety shows along with Yoona. Tiffany was also once known as a mascot of SNSD. "I was just the first one to be known. Now people know each and every member very well."

She modestly replied, but as I brought up the "DdilFany" subject, she smiled cheerfully and laughed her heart out.

"I was concentrating on singing too much in the first performance of ITNW. We had to switch our mic but I made a mistake. It stood out I guess."

Tiffany said, "I almost felt like to hide inside a rat hole. It was really embarrassing and distressing. That small mistake immediately became a huge issue in the Internet“ and added, “It happened 3 months after our debut. But because of that, more people started to be interested in me. I was given a nickname "DdilFany". People was worried at first but now that I rarely make a mistake, they encourage me by saying 'You have improved a lot'. Hmm, but the unfair thing is that, other members do make mistakes too but people picked on only me".

Tiffany is from LA. She got cast by SM ent when she was singing in an Asian festival. The song that she sang at the time is Christina Aguilera's 'The Voice Within'. "I dreamed of becoming a lawyer. Parents wanted me to keep pursuing that goal, so they were against me being a singer". Tiffany's sister is now studying for PhD in Columbia University in NY majoring in biology and anthropology.

Tiffany often has to stay at home alone because her family isn't in Korea. Would she be lonely? She said, "In trainee days, I didn't feel anything when other friends said they were going to meet their family, but lately I suddenly feel loneliness a lot". But she'd never show that to her family.

"I chose to do this work that my parent was against. When you gain something, you lose something. I came here thinking 'This or nothing', so it's wrong to show that kind of weakness to my family".

SNSD Tiffany "suffered from singer's nodules during Oppa Nappa promotion”

e0090426498eb9a1dc7b6he9.jpg

SNSD Tiffany shared the story about how she suffered from "singer's nodules".

Tiffany in a recent meeting with Newsen admitted, "I suffered from singer's nodules during 'Oppa Nappa' promotion", and added, "but I didn't talk about it openly because fans might get worried".

Tiffany, in last May with SNSD members Jessica and Seohyun, was actively promoting a song called Oppa Nappa. At the time, the three were gathering popularity, and were rewarded with a nickname "JeTiHyun".

Tiffany said "After a medical treatment, my voice became huskier" and "I often hear that my voice sounds maturer".

In the meanwhile, SNSD is taking over the music industry with their first minialbum Gee. Even after more than a month from its initial release, SNSD 'Gee' is taking the 1st place in both online and offline charts and is dominating the music industry.

o 김형우 cox109@newsen.com

t bug@soshified.com

Old Quotes and things:

Video:

Members share how they feel about Tiffany's work ethic

(a little bit of JeTi here. Sica defending Fany wink.gif )

Fany's favorite line

"As long as you try hard"

In SSGB, "Everything will be good as long as you do your best. Because if you do, there will be no regrets."

f0041645_48fc6074d4ece.jpg

@ a volunteer activity with fans

Fans were surprised by Tiffany's enthusiasm. Tiffany encouraged her group to work hard, so then her group ended up finishing the work fastest and helped another group.

Taken from someone's blog

f004164548fc5e2f4ca73vw3.jpg

says "she's a grade higher than me but approached me saying that she was born in 89. Kind Stephanie ^ ^ I think I will get to see her often doing volunteer activities in a school for disabled"

some evidence of hardworking Fany in Factory Girl

bcd2b3e0bdc3b4ebc0c7c6dej7.jpg

A peak inside her note

e05081105qamcatvxvidisaxv4.jpg

Lonely? Maybe...but

"I chose to do this work that my parent was against. When you gain something, you lose something. I came here thinking 'This or nothing', so it's wrong to show that kind of weakness to my family".

---

After Arena photoshoot, a staff wrote in his blog...

15yhw0h.jpg

Aegyoful cute Tiffany

She gave me chocolate, and

After the shooting,

She sat right next to me on the floor.

Not sure why but she looked and smiled happliy

At my startled expression.

So we took this picture, and

took another one using my cell phone.

She's really cheerful and kind.

Probably that was a part her training...but

It's hard to find someone kind and good mannered like her these days.

I just want to say I was honored(?) that we shared a lengthy conversation.

---

What did Kim Hyesung say about Tiffany?

In his blog, 1[40].jpg

"Because of my introverted personality, it was really difficult at start but Fany supported me well by my side. She's younger than me but I learned a lot from her. She's really hardworking, and it feels comfortable around her. Fighting!!"

In Star Watch 24, Tiffany Episode...

"she is very bright, outgoing, and has an ability to make people feel better/happier"

How about Sung ShiKyung?

In a variety show called Radio Star,

"Tiffany has an ability to capture people's heart."

31514641up0.jpg

In his radio, looking at Tiffany

"Honey drips out of her eyes."

Smile ....Inkigayo scriptwriter (the one who takes the backstage photos) wrote,

"When I had an eye contact with her randomly, she shows that sweet eye smile!! Every time I see that smile, I feel happier. It makes me to smile along side her so hard that my cheekbone starts to hurt"

isakzu2.jpg

Bonus: Isak said...

"but tif is a fighter and that's what I love most about her~ she's very optimistic too so she's pretty much the lil'sis I never had"

---

e0090426_4955e68b859a4.jpg

After taking the 1st place in Mubank with Kissing you, and in SSGB,

"I realized how happy it is to do work I love, and to be loved while doing the work. Thank you very much."

Workaholic?

In a recent radio, SYJ's inkigayo, Jan 28th

[Talking about potential boyfriends...]

Tiffany: [..] but I am so happy that we are working again, so really, I am not interested in anything else.

DJ: Really?

Jessica: I don't know about other girls but Tiffany really means it. She often says that to us.

e0090426_4915246c215a9.jpg

---

<b>Music</b>

Tiffany: "I... just want to listen to it together with everyone''

A song becomes a song from the moment someone listens to it. Depending on your circumstance, the songs may have different meanings for you. Just as how us nine brought our voices together and made it, I want everyone who has love in their hearts to come together and listen to it with us. That is when our music truly begins.

Dear mom...

MDB Tiffany interview

"actually, our manager was asking me, like, "do u wanna sing the song? if it's too sad for u, we don't have to sing it."

but i really really wanted to sing it.and this whole album , i kinda focused on not like a vocal...of course we focus on vocal but more of like a emotion and... yeh! getting the word across especially like for listners, so that they understand how we feel and how we are"

e0090426_49842d083d841.jpg

---

Lastly Fany's famous speech @ the 1st anniversary party

"Since last year I have been thinking that I am very fortunate. Because last year when I debuted, I gave many thanks to god for letting me have 8 new family members, and this year I am very pleased to spend my birthday together with everyone here.

There is a letter I wrote to SNSD members on my birthday.

I wanted to read out the same letter to fans.

It was a very long letter but in short,

Thank you for becoming a part of our family.

In a family, we encounter happiness but also sadness, or good things but also bad things, however,

Let's be together forever until the end.

I love you."

2ylqpsw.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sungminnnie

I love Tiffany. I hope to read more articles pertaining to her hard work rather than fans criticizing her every second.

I hope that everyone gets a chance to see this side of Tiffany whether or not they want to.

Guest jingaling.

^ lol im sure her parents have long accepted her being a singer.

tiffany ♥ people misunderstand her sometimes :[

& no wonder why her voice got huskier during oppa nappa.

Guest cosmiclatte

I envy her for being good at what she chose to do.

If I were her, I'd be very happy too because this is what I love to do, no matter what the antis say.

Tiffany fighting!

Guest kangeroo

I didn't read the article, i will edit.

But honestly altho many people hate her, i respect her.

She can appear to be annoying or a little insensitive at times, but i know she doesn't do any of those things with ill-intentions.

Anyways, i respect her a lot because she's always smiling, even when she's hurting a lot.

Only someone that strong can do that. She's always pushing the girls further!!

She's a strong fighter, and she never gives up.

She's the epitome of optimism...and i wish i could be like that.

When she smiles at times, i fear it's only so the fans won't be worried.

She's actually a lot caring than what antis/haters think.

Guest passmethewrinch

She is definitely passionate about what she does, and that is something that I can't help but admire her for. She worked hard to become what she loved to do, and it paid off. Other people can hate on her but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot more who love, admire or respect her. And her strength of character is undeniable.

Everything will be good as long as you do your best. Because if you do, there will be no regrets.

Anyways, i respect her a lot because she's always smiling, even when she's hurting a lot.

Only someone that strong can do that. She's always pushing the girls further!!

She's a strong fighter, and she never gives up.

She's the epitome of optimism...and i wish i could be like that.

Sorry for cutting your post short, but I totally agree with you on here. Tiffany is one strong girl, she hates people seeing her cry so she always smiles no matter what. I respect her alot for that.

Tiffany is Tiffany, you either love her or you hate her. Either way she is still on your mind. : ]

Tiffany is Tiffany, you either love her or you hate her. Either way she is still on your mind. : ]

True that. Even if you love to hate Tiffany, you're still thinking about the one and only mushroom head : ) I respect Tiffany tons and I know that she's a fighter and she uses her charming smiles to make it through. Main reason why Tiffany was my fave from SNSD.

i'm so happy that you posted this Soy. because these articles truely show how strong of a girl fany is.

she's so hardworking and passionate. And to top all that she's very kind and sweet.

she (and all the other members) had to put up with a lot of bashing.

and she didn't tell anyone about the medical treatment just because she didn't want to make us, fans, worry.

and to tell the truth, i don't know how many people would be able to handle

a medical treatment and singing the best they could as well.

FANY, SNSD, SONE HWAITING!!<3

Guest superjihyeee!

Tiffany...

i don't know. haha she wormed her way into my heart.

She's just so sweet and i love love love her personality and woah, about the singer's nodules. I had no idea. I thought she was pretty good at singing during the "oppa nappa" days but... wow. and now her voice is just better than ever lol.

and she improved the most from their first album, i think.

from dancing to live singing, etc.

and lol imo, she's the best at fanservice.

i think she's the only one who's given SSF a shoutout, right?

and she's gone on the most, right?

-sigh-

AH. Tiffany <3

tiff was my 1st fave member in snsd and she will always have a place in my heart

the more you get to know her personality the more you will know she's a kind person

and she's only human and def act like a normal person who just happen to work in showbiz XD

Guest rozeng1122

gah tiffany is a strong girl. she always has a smile on her face.

people don't understand the things she went through under her smiles.

she will always be fany fany Tiffany. so don' expect her to change how she is.

also, it's because snsd is not your typical idol and that's why i absolutely adore them

they are clumsy, dorky, weird and talented. pretty too.

gosh people, no one's perfect. and she knows about her mistakes too.

Guest AkiraXHebe

sorry but i can't help being biased. i love Tiffany <3

i can't imagine her as a lawyer LOL she'd be the most clumsy but adorable in the world.

Fany Fany Tiffany :phew:

i hope everyone else can see this side of tiffany, fany is amazing!

she's been through so much and still goes on with that beautiful smile on her

face, she doesn't deserve the treatment that she gets from antis because she's

too sweet!!!

LOVE FANY <3

-Rebecca

Guest Minipinki

Seriously, Tiffany should be the role model of every teenagers out there. She's so hard-working, knows what her goal in life and strong no matter how many antis she have. Tiffany, i adore you <3 I love you, Fany ah~ <333333333333

Guest *kyuhyunnie*

Most people would think bad of her before they even get to know her, like I did. But i got to learn more of Fany and adore her as I watches her more. What I adore of her the most even when I disliked her was that she always smile when she makes mistake and still go on. Moreover, Fany is maturing more and understanding life more. She is a strong girl.

Archived