Freshlook

Guest DanniiBlu

Guest DanniiBlu

FreshLook Colored Contacts
I've noticed a few inquiries on FreshLook lenses. I have more than a few so I figured Is start a little threa. This way we can talk/discuss this particular brand without thread jacking the Circle Lens thread.

Now to start it off:

FreshLook Colors:

Basically the first line of FreshLook colored contact lens based on the origional Durasoft Colors annual lenses line by former company Wesley Jesson. They are a monotone (single color) bi weekly/monthly disposable lens now manufaturered by Ciba Vision. They consist of a dot matrix pattern to allow the lens to blend with the wearers natural eye color and have an identifying marker of FL to indicate if the lens is inside out or not. They come in 6 colors total. 4 all over the world for the most part Blue, Hazel, Green, and Violet. As well as two additional colors (mainly available in European, Asian, Latin American countires as well as Australia/New Zealand) Sapphire Blue and Misty Grey.

Color Chart:

FreshLookColors.jpg

Actual pictures of them (using my eye as a base>My eye color is amber/honey brown. for reference)

Green

FreshLookColors1.jpg

FreshLookColors2.jpg

FreshLookColors3.jpg

Violet

FreshLookColors4.jpg

FreshLookColors5.jpg

Sapphire Blue

FreshLookColors6.jpg

FreshLookColors7.jpg

FreshLookColors8.jpg

Misty Grey

FreshLookColors9.jpg

FreshLookColors10.jpg

FreshLookColors11.jpg

FreshLook Colorblends

The second and most common/popular line of FreshLook colored lenses. These are the most worn. Most likely due to their amount of colors. They're pretty much available worldwide in the entire color range. This includes Honey, Brown, Pure Hazel, Green, Turquise, Blue, True Sapphire, Grey, and Amethyst. This line differs from the colors. While the colors have a monotone shade, the colorblends don't. they have a hazel "starburst" around the pupil hole to allow with blending of the wearers natural eye color. The middle is the "base" pigment of the lens (the lenses color) and a limbal ring (the charcoal circle surrounding the lens) that allows the lens color to "pop" and enlarge the wearers iris at the same time. Four of these colors (Pure Hazel, Blue, Grey, and Green are also available in a daily disposable lens sold under the name FreshLook Colors 1 Day).

Color Chart:

FreshLookColorblends1.jpg

Actual pictures of them using my eye as a reference again.

Pure Hazel

Colorblends1.jpg

Colorblends2.jpg

Colorblends3.jpg

True Sapphire

Colorblends4.jpg

Colorblends5.jpg

Colorblends6.jpg

Turquise

Colorblends7.jpg

Colorblends8.jpg

Colorblends9.jpg

One Day Blue

Colorblends10.jpg

Colorblends11.jpg

One Day Grey

Colorblends12.jpg

Colorblends13.jpg

I think these serve as a good reference. you can see how they can vary in actual appearence compared to the photoshopped advertisements. If anyone else has any pics of them wearign FreshLook Colors or Colorblends (or Radiance for that manner) feel free to post them here. This way there is a good reference for any Soompiers (sp?) who are interested in these lenses without thread jacking the Circle Lens thread and others. And sorry if this has already been posted or something similar addressing them has :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imready

whats your natural eye color?

i was thinking about getting freshlooks. but i have dark brown asian eyes, so i dont know which colors would turn up.

Guest DanniiBlu

whats your natural eye color?

i was thinking about getting freshlooks. but i have dark brown asian eyes, so i dont know which colors would turn up.

My natural eye color is an amber/honey shade of light brown.

Example.

Natural Light (Crappy cell pic)

0-1.jpg

Near LED lamp next to pc no flash

Natural001.jpg

Near flourescant (sp?) light, no flash

0.jpg

Hope those serve as a good reference. Although FreshLook Colors and Colorblends are both opaque lines of lenses. Some lenses may blend better than others but they should show up regardless on your eyes.

Guest janetO

Freshlooks show up on dark asian eyes very well besides the Freshlook radiance and freshlook dimensions

Freshlooks definitely look quite natural on Asian eyes. The only problem is that the diameter of the biweekly ones are a bit too big sometimes.....like for me, I never wear them because they're too big for me eyes and they get annoying. The Freshlook dailies are of perfect size...the downside is that they haven't released it in a prescription higher than -6.00.

Funny I've never seen Misty Grey before since we also carry Sapphire Blue....but it definitely does look very nice.

Guest blisskiss

I have FL colors violet and hazel and FL colorblends grey. Colorblends grey is hyped a lot, but I actually prefer the colors line to the colorblends because they look more vibrant and natural in real life. Colorblends look like stickers on some people's eyes. :crazy: BUT some people love them and swear by it. In general, I find the freshlooks to be very drying and uncomfortable. They are also quite thin and therefore hard to insert.

All these pics are in indoor bathroom lighting with no flash.

Colors Violet

this is my favorite freshlook lens. SOOOO pretty! and it's a vibrant purple but still looks natural.

flcviolet3.jpg

Colors Hazel

This was okay but really orange. I didn't love it, but my fiance did. It looks okay inside, but in natural light it goes totally ORANGE!

flchazel.jpg

Colorblends Grey

I was expecting more out of this lens. Sure, it looks natural but the color doesn't really pop at all and it looks darker in real life than in pictures.

flcbgrey1copy.jpg

Guest xxiiyabbyxx

anybody has pictures of freshlook honey?

i need to see a pic for reference cause im thinking of buying one.. :]

Guest DanniiBlu

anybody has pictures of freshlook honey?

i need to see a pic for reference cause im thinking of buying one.. :]

I don't have any current pics cos I haven't worn them since they first came out. But I can tell you they're very orange. The base pigment for Colorblends Honey is the same as Colors Hazel. Just add a hazel starburst and a black limbal ring to the lens and that';s the intense orange effect you will achieve.I def. recommend you try the lens out with your eye doctor before actually buying them. Soem like the dramatic effect but it looks artificial on most and not necessarily attractive.

Freshlooks definitely look quite natural on Asian eyes. The only problem is that the diameter of the biweekly ones are a bit too big sometimes.....like for me, I never wear them because they're too big for me eyes and they get annoying. The Freshlook dailies are of perfect size...the downside is that they haven't released it in a prescription higher than -6.00.

Funny I've never seen Misty Grey before since we also carry Sapphire Blue....but it definitely does look very nice.

I agree. I do wear them but in some pif my pics you can tell that the lenses are actually big on my eyes. And they slide as well. The One Days do fit better. But they also only come in 4 color options and only in the colorblends form.

freshlook contacts are good. my friends use it and it really shows for them (violet, sapphire blue, misty grey) and they have dark eyes.

I agree. One of my best friends is Laotian. She has very dark brown eyes and has been wearing FreshLook for years and they're noticable on her.

Freshlooks show up on dark asian eyes very well besides the Freshlook radiance and freshlook dimensions

Yeah Dimensions and Radiance are both enhancers. Dimensions at best show up on light/medium brown eyes and even then it's really only the Sea Green that show up. Radiance do show up. But because they're a holographic pigment they're not as dramatic of a change as the marketing materials and websites lead consumers to believe. Def. would recommend Autumn and Sunrise to add a touch of ambiance to the wearers eyes though.

I have FL colors violet and hazel and FL colorblends grey. Colorblends grey is hyped a lot, but I actually prefer the colors line to the colorblends because they look more vibrant and natural in real life. Colorblends look like stickers on some people's eyes. :crazy: BUT some people love them and swear by it. In general, I find the freshlooks to be very drying and uncomfortable. They are also quite thin and therefore hard to insert.

All these pics are in indoor bathroom lighting with no flash.

Colors Violet

this is my favorite freshlook lens. SOOOO pretty! and it's a vibrant purple but still looks natural.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/jen.../flcviolet3.jpg

Colors Hazel

This was okay but really orange. I didn't love it, but my fiance did. It looks okay inside, but in natural light it goes totally ORANGE!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/jen...ns/flchazel.jpg

Colorblends Grey

I was expecting more out of this lens. Sure, it looks natural but the color doesn't really pop at all and it looks darker in real life than in pictures.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/jen...cbgrey1copy.jpg

I do find FreshLooks drying at times. But I've been wearing them for so long that it doesn't bother me anymore. I do have to say I prefer the effect of the Colors over the Colorblends. But the Colorblends have them beat simply because they have more color options. I wish they would update the Colors line with more of the Durasoft shades. That would be great if shades like Chesnut Brown and Jade were available in a disposabe version.

Guest janetO

Freshlooks honey reminds me of those kingdom hearts character with the bright orange eyes.

Ive had honey before and they looked okay when I had light coloured hair but on black hair.. you look kinda evil

I currently own FL CB in turqoise and FL C in violet.

everyone says the violets are so much nicer than turquoise

i also found my true sapphire but i absolutely hate them

freshlooks are really hard 2 insert into your eyes cause the diameter is so big and theyre so thin

I've been using FreshLook (and FreshKon but that's a different brand) for over a year now. It's really comfortable and I can wear them up to 15hrs a day. I've tried every color in the ColorBlend range except for Honey cos it's always sold out. I'll post up some pics when I log in using my pc.

edit:

I found a few pics of me wearing colorblend.

Amethyst (my fav)

LenseAmethyst.jpg

Grey

LenseGrey.jpg

Green

LenseGreen.jpg

Turquoise or Sapphire (I don't remember)

LenseTurquoise.jpg

Guest rokky123

all colorblends

GREEN.jpg

grey.jpg

I also have tried turquoise(suited best on me imo but i dont have a pic of that =[ )

blue.jpg

Im not sure if this was FL though..i always buy fresh look except for once

maybe the blue ,i dont remember

Guest daisie

Woo, thank you! So helpful!

I need some new contacts. I bought the Colorblends in 'amethyst' once, but they didn't show up very well at all and I don't even have dark eyes. So I'ma try the FL Colors. :)

Guest a&k*

FL colorblends aren't comfortable for me. maybe my doc got me the wrong BC becus it's always shifting and blurring up my vision.

here's the grey colorblends~

flcbgreyfy2.jpg

Guest imready

soo.

do you need an eye exam for them?

&

is there a diff. in comfort if they're prescribed?

& how much do they usually go for?

I had 3 colours, they were planto since it was just for fun. Since my eyesight for my left eye is -5 and my astig is -1.75 that prevents me from wearing coloured contacts. I haven't found any that goes past -4 for toric, any ways...I had Grey, Amythest, and Blue. The blue didn't show up that much but I loveeeeeddd my Amethyst and grey.

Grey:

n163305001962599224uc1.jpg

hpim1143xq2.jpg

^--probably a better picture

Blue

n163305001961953416tb3.jpg

Amythest:

n163305001960297231dp0.jpg

the only decent picture i could find.

Has any one tried the 3-tone one?

Guest _dax_

The ones I've tried ;)

FL Colors: Violet

FL Blends: True Saphire, Honey and Grey

My favorites: Violet & Grey

The Violet is more of a tint unless in direct sunlight.

The FL color series is more soft in color around the edges.

The Honey and Blue are a bit on the harsh side.

If you want a punchy, vivid color, go for FLs Blends.

Compared to clear contacts FL is slightly wider and much more thin.

I find they tend to dry out quickly, reason why I carry eye drops with me.

To the soopier who said they had a problem of getting the contact lens to

stick to their eyes: while balancing the lens on your fingertip, put a couple drops of

lens solution or eye drops, on the lens, then place it onto your eye.

[REQ] Does anyone have a picture of themselves wearing

FLs Radiance or Dimensions series?

Peace~

Archived