Talking to a stranger? any advice pleaseeee (updated!)

Guest cookie91

he will jump to conclusions.

i dont understand why you would go into such effort if you dont have any romantic interest? there are plenty of other strangers you can go and talk to and make friends with. youre only chance would be to goto his faculty and accidently bump into him. just make up some excuse in why you needed to be there. and even then (assuming youre not a bad looker), if he is single, he will most likely take an interest beyond friendship.

cookie91 said: So I was browsing through facebook the other day and some guy pop up on my people you may know list. However, I have no mutual friends with him whatsoever and have never seen him in person. His education said that he goes to the same university as me but he's in dental school and im in nursing. he does seem cute and kind of interesting. i want to talk to him but will it be kind of creepy to just randomly add and talk to him? i'm not looking forward to dating him or anything, just being friendly that's all. plus i just move to the city where my university is at few months ago so im still trying to meet new people. i dont want him to think of me as a creeper or stalker though. the chance of me bumping to him on campus is slim since my university is a very large school and dental school is like 30 mins away, from the main campus (where i'm at for nursing). Any opinion at all? Will he jump to the point and think i like him since i added him as a friend and start talking to him? Also, how should I start off the conversation after he accepted the friend request? any advice would be great. thanks!

Guest cookie91

I admit that I do have some romantic interest. But then I can't expect anything since I don't even know the guy and there's a chance that I might dislike him after we actually talk. i just wasnt sure if it is a good idea to add him as a friend and start talking to him.

Anyone who freaks out over a random message on the internet is probably also afraid of their own shadow. Let him scuttle under his rock and hide within his fragile shell of comfort.

Otherwise, don't be a coward. Talk to him, and express what you'd like to. You want a mature man do you not? If he is mature, and intelligent, he will probably be interested in responding.

Unless you're ugly lol, then there's nothing we can do there I'm afraid. Except photoshop .

Anyone who freaks out over a random message on the internet is probably also afraid of their own shadow. Let him scuttle under his rock and hide within his fragile shell of comfort.

Otherwise, don't be a coward. Talk to him, and express what you'd like to. You want a mature man do you not? If he is mature, and intelligent, he will probably be interested in responding.

Unless you're ugly lol, then there's nothing we can do there I'm afraid. Except photoshop .

Assumption is that OP is in early 20s and hasn't exactly got a wealth of experience in this sort of thing.

At OP, you're interested cos he's cute is about it. Just do what Odaesan suggested and you'll either get rejected or not. If you do move on if you don't then you'll just have to play it by ear.

Guest cookie91

I'll prob add him sometimes this weekend. Would this be good? "Hey you appeared on my 'people you may know list' and I noticed you went to the same school as me. Just wanted to say hi!"?

ayahuasca said:

Anyone who freaks out over a random message on the internet is probably also afraid of their own shadow. Let him scuttle under his rock and hide within his fragile shell of comfort. Otherwise, don't be a coward. Talk to him, and express what you'd like to. You want a mature man do you not? If he is mature, and intelligent, he will probably be interested in responding. Unless you're ugly lol, then there's nothing we can do there I'm afraid. Except photoshop .

Archived