-resolved- :)

K3.

Guest lolaleatherwhip

I don't think you misread the signs at all; he seemed pretty flirty to me. I mean he asked to hold your hand - maybe I'm a bit old fashioned or I don't know what's deemed as socially acceptable in the realms of friendship these days but guy friends don't just hold hands with girl friends. Not in my time anyway haha I would never hold any of my guy friends' hands. And jokes about making each other fall for one another? That's something you'd normally joke about with people you like or crush on. 
Seems like to me he was just having fun with you and wasn't taking any of it seriously. Even if he did have a thing for you, it's like he just enjoyed the whole thrill of it all but doesn't want anything more. Also seems like the thrill died down because you confessed to him while he wanted the charade to keep going. Is he still being flirty with you? I could be wrong though. If you really want to find out you can either confront him about it, wait it out and see what happens, or just forget about it and move on. Even something like "haha it's so funny I thought you liked me" could get something out of him if you want to be subtle about it without making it seem weird. Keep us posted!

He did lead you on, I mean, hold hands and hugs? Normally, a guy wouldn't hold hands with his female friends if he has no interest in her. I just don't see that happening in a normal friendship, whether they are conservative or not. You should move on, I've known someone who is just like him. I know this guy from university, who broke up with his ex before his freshman year, so he was upset and was thinking about his crush for 4-years [but didn't date her yet] at the same time, and flirts around with all his other female friends in school. I feel guys like that does it for ego-boost and to lead females on- and then reject them... ;O And the thing is, how old are you guys, if it's 16+ or beyond high school he should know better, otherwise he was just flirting with you and nothing more. 

Guest writerstale

I don't think you misread the signs. I think you didn't know when he stopped liking you like he was in the beginning. I'm a guy and the guy sounds confusing. Lol.

Guest redhill

K3. said:  Our recent conversations he'd ask to hold my hand or give him hugs. And when we were together (with other friends around), he'd make me fall to literally catch me cos we joked about making each other fall for each other and being the hero to catch each other.

Just wondering- how is he like with the other people in the group? Is he always this "touchy feely" with everyone? If so, then you might have read too much into his actions. If not, then you did not misread him. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like he was flirting with you. Some people just like to flirt but don't want to take it more seriously then that. Though I have to say the bit where he literally makes you fall is a little odd. Either way, no need to apologize! If he continues to flirt with you, then just bring it up and say "you're sending me mixed messages." lol though I'm a bit more direct than other people so if you don't want to be so blunt you can try what @lolaleatherwhip said. 

becos i went on a roadtrip last week, i haven't been talking to him as much or seen him around. 
and with the holding hands thing, he'd just grabbed it before and dragged me around whilst i just went along with it. i didn't observe him to be the touchy feely type, so i thought it meant something when he did it with me but i guess not. lol.
but yesterday we had class and hung out with everyone afterwards. i do feel he's taken a step backwards in terms of treating me as another classmate and avoided talking to me directly. i'd initiate conversations but i have no idea if that'd deem me annoying or that i'm still into him or anything...

or maybe he's done so to help get over the awkwardness knowing i was shy around him? or maybe not...  idno, i never knew guys were so confusing... xD
lastly, thank you all your replies guys! i do feel heaps better about it after reading them. :)

Archived