Can I Have a Crush On a Guy I've Never Met..?

Guest annabanna108

Guest annabanna108

So there's this guy that probably doesn't know I exist but he's my mom's ex-bf's sister's son. So if my mom stayed with her bf he would've been my step-cousin. Anyway's, one day my mom was stalking her ex-bf's facebook account (pretty creepy huh!) and looking at his pictures of his wife, when she came across a picture of this boy. She called me over and said he's very handsome and he would be good with me. Then my mom got up to do something but her facebook was still on so I went back to the picture of the hot boy and saw his facebook was tagged. I wasn't trying to be a stalker, but I was very curious about this boy so I started looking through his facebook pictures. I got jealous when I saw pictures of him with other girls. That was about 11 months ago. I'm always thinking about him. He seems like a kind gentle guy. Not rough (sorry for misspelling) or rude like some other guys. But of course you can't really tell through pictures. So recently I got news that me and my family might move closer to where the boy lives. Like real close. I'm happy that I might be able to meet him but nervous he won't be like how he seems like through pictures.  And now I'm questioning myself is it wrong to have a crush on this guy? Should I just forget about him until I meet him so I could really see what he's like? P.S. we might not move..it's 50/50.

It is possible to get a crush on someone you've never met- take celebrity crushes for example. Since you've never met the guy I wouldn't put too much into your first "meeting." Be realistic about the whole thing and realize that people may be different in real life than on social media where they have the option to pause and think before posting stuff. My personal advice: focus on the people who are actually in your life  rather than on people who may or may not materialize into something more than just a name on facebook. 

Guest emthecreator

I believe that it's possible; in high school, I was crushing on my neighbor hardcore. Like, when I saw him I would just smile until my face hurt and my heart would beat really fast. He wasn't even attractive, he just looked like Harry potter to me and he was really good at the trombone. Anyway, to this day I have never spoken to this man..

I would try to hold that feeling and not think too much about it until after you've met him. The interesting question is, why was your mom "stalking" her ex-boyfriends facebook...are they still friends nowadays? I hope it's not one of those situations where god-forbid your mom still has a thing for her ex, and wishes to become "close" again by pairing you up with their kids...

In any case, well there are cases {if one is really good at analyzing} that by the look of someone's face and physical gestures/actions you can tell how sincere they are, but I wouldn't suggest you think too much about it for now...hey you never know what will happen in the future. 

Guest hushed_secrets

It is most definitely possible!  You're not alone @anabanna108  I also found this guy on FB through pics w/ my cousins/friends a while ago and honestly the first few times I just ignored him- like "Oh he's cute but its not plausible so just forget it."  But for some reason I kept running into his FB through mutual friends/etc.  

Anyhow, your case is better than mine ^_^  You have a chance of moving near him and actually meeting him.  Like everyone else said, try to keep it real and don't fantasize/romanticize about him before you've actually met him ^_^  Good luck & update us!

Guest annabanna108

@retsyo she still kinda has a thing for her ex and I keep telling her to get over it there are other people but that's a different problem for a different forum. She's just kinda jealous of his wife and sorta makes fun of her pictures.

Guest florenceo

you are right about it been a different problem for a different forum but am just curious,is she not married?

Guest I_play_with_dolls

It's called romanticizing and idealizing what he might be like. It's the same concept of celebrity crushes. 

Guest justanaverageguy

if your heart is reacting like that its obviously a sign so do what your mind tells you to and give it a shot! 

Guest alphaoxytocin

If you already developed feelings for him, then clearly it's happening to you and it's possible! What you are feeling isn't a lie!
People can develop feelings for someone whom they never met as long as there is a strong impression. Such impression can come from many factors, some obvious examples include his appearance, popularity, people's comments about him, actions/activities (even from photos), etc. Some subtle details that you may not have noticed include his body language, facial expressions, and even other people's body language/facial expressions towards him. Even just from inanimate photos, humans are adept in deciphering these details and conclude whether or not a person is attractive to us. For instance, if you saw in most photos that his friends are smiling and are standing very close to him, your "female radar" may have picked up these signs that he is a social and lovable person. Any positives from these factors can contribute to creating a strong attractive impression of somebody, even if you never met the person before.
So what you are feeling is absolutely normal! And I encourage you to follow your heart and do make attempts to meet him.
Good luck!

Guest Keion

Are you not feeling this crush? Then obviously you can feel it.

Are you asking if its normal?...

Lol, you let the society dictate your own love life?

It's like, you get burned from the stove, and then you ask, "Is it possible to get burned from a stove?"

Good for comedy I guess.

Guest cynthia009

I've fallen in love with an interviewer,I had a crush on him when we first meet.that‘s fabulous,I can't believe it myself.

Guest LauraM1430294318

Before i met my husband i had a crash on him, before knowing his face... his father dated my mother and he used to call me by his son's name... so i was so really courious of who he was... then when i met him face to face i was like "wow"...  so after two weeks we started dating... my mother after 2 years split up with his father... and now we are a married couple (we have a son too) so cheers! if it happen that both of you end up toghether!

• 4 weeks later...

a crush is just a crush, it means quite little and thus you can have it on someone you never met or even someone who doesn't exist. have you ever seen an especially cute dog that you felt like you wish you could walk and feed and you sometimes think of that dog randomly? is that not symptoms of a crush?
don't worry too much about a crush, feelings are pretty meaningless compared to conscious choice. A determined decision will last 10 thousand years after your emotions dry up and crumble into dust to die. Emotions are only there for people to give some random person you barely know the time of day enough to get to know them and decide to love them for the rest of your life. the relationship really starts after the emotion is simply a side effect of your choice, rather than the reason why you act.

Guest HERMIT

It's perfectly common to have a crush on someone you don't know or they don't know you. I was in the same predicament myself, but I took it way overboard though - emailing her every day, professing my love for her, telling her to run away with me. Unfortunately, it never did quite pan out in the end. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that she just recently got married. Lucky guy, whoever this Brad Pitt fellow is.....

Archived