What would you do in this situation.. if a guy said this to you?

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

So you meet a guy and you guys hit it off pretty well. You are initially attracted to this guy because of his talent/skills and he does a good job showing it. So you confess your feels for him, and you guys started dating.

After a while, you decided to randomly compliment on his talents/skills. Wow you are so good. He in reverse, ask what are your talent/skills and then said: "I know that one of the reasons you found me so attractive was my talents/skills, but what are your's?

So for girls that have skills/talents you are safe here.

For those that don't have any flashy talents... eeeek... what would you do?  It would be embarrassing if you tell the dude that you don't have any flash talents or skills.

Talents that the guy find attractive: Musical talents, Art talent and etc. Basically things that require a lot of skills and are flashy.

Or this situation vice versa gender vice.... If you are a guy and a female said it to you and etc.

A girl doesn't really need to respond with anything other than "I'm giving YOU the privilege to date ME".
After all, there's always the next great guy that's single and doesn't need his girl to be a super-star.
However a guy needs to prove his worth.It is not surprising that historically, thousands of male suitors would line up for a single woman.

I'm split in my answers because while I do write stories; do art; sing well (sometimes),  I'm not particularly great at them. I mean, you have to be great at those things to be noticed. Although, I do tend to go for guys who have some type of talent then the type of guys who thinks throwing their money around is good enough. I hate that type of questions; I would probably tell him to stick around long enough to decide for himself what my talent is. I'm just average person who tries her best at things.

Guest cristolephe

Plot twist:
The guy genuinely thinks the girl is talented and wants to know her better.
This is just a potential interpretation to the question, am I way off OP? If I'm off the meaning you wanted, then everyone please ignore this post.

... Well... If I was dating them, they'd already know darn well my talent / skill sets. 
But the thing is, even if I didn't have any talents or skills. I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Some are just more evident or tangible than others. And you can't really compare a lot of them, especially since the value or knowledge shared about a subject may be unequal, making it difficult for the other to truly comprehend what is involved in that skill set, causing them to evaluate it differently.
Example:
Someone tells me they can play guitar / drums / ect and I go watch their band: "Oh... Thats nice. You're quite talented..."
Someone tells me they do traditional tatting or similar traditional intensive hand-craft and show me an example of their work: "Holy crap! You are amazing!"
So many variables, why bother stressing over it.

Honestly... As finicky as I was back when I was dating... If a guy bothered to ask me this I'd have probably dumped him... >.>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest severus

I'm kinda psychic... I have a fifth sense. It's like I have ESPN or something, my breasts can always tell when it's going to rain. 

• 2 months later...
Guest scarletr

Everyone has some kind of talents. You just need to show him what you're good at and make him go "WOW" even if it's not the kind that is of his interest in the beginning.

Kerriganton said: So you meet a guy and you guys hit it off pretty well. You are initially attracted to this guy because of his talent/skills and he does a good job showing it. So you confess your feels for him, and you guys started dating.

After a while, you decided to randomly compliment on his talents/skills. Wow you are so good. He in reverse, ask what are your talent/skills and then said: "I know that one of the reasons you found me so attractive was my talents/skills, but what are your's?

So for girls that have skills/talents you are safe here.

For those that don't have any flashy talents... eeeek... what would you do?  It would be embarrassing if you tell the dude that you don't have any flash talents or skills.

Talents that the guy find attractive: Musical talents, Art talent and etc. Basically things that require a lot of skills and are flashy.

Or this situation vice versa gender vice.... If you are a guy and a female said it to you and etc.

Guest writerstale

I would confidently answer my passion for cooking, writing, and traveling among other things.

@jly31: What you said is such an automatic turn off. A person can't get to know you better if you don't let them, and play guessing games in the process.

@writerstale,
It depends on the two individuals. How she says it and how he interprets it.If he is playful too, he will take it as a joke and go from there. If the guy has no sense of humor, obiviously that would be a bad thing to say.
I personally don't believe in self adverting. What I think I am good at, others may not think the same. What I think I suck at, others may think I am awesome at. Therefore, I think it is up to the other half to decide what he thinks I am talented at and attracted him.I hope that makes sense.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest writerstale

jly31 said: @writerstale,
It depends on the two individuals. How she says it and how he interprets it.If he is playful too, he will take it as a joke and go from there. If the guy has no sense of humor, obiviously that would be a bad thing to say.
I personally don't believe in self adverting. What I think I am good at, others may not think the same. What I think I suck at, others may think I am awesome at. Therefore, I think it is up to the other half to decide what he thinks I am talented at and attracted him.I hope that makes sense.  

Archived