'Glee' star Chris Colfer: 'Singing in public is my biggest fear'

sugarplum892

Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel in Season 4 of Glee.Glee star Chris Colfer has described singing as his "biggest fear".
The actor has appeared on Fox's musical series Glee since 2009 but told Vulture that he has "never" conquered his fear of performing in public.
"I never participate in group singing activity," he explained. "I do [Glee] to conquer my fear, my fear of public singing, and I never actually do conquer it."
Colfer added that he has to "force" himself to perform on the Glee live tours, even when he is "shaking" with fear.
"It's so different to sing in the studio, to record a song with just you and the engineer," he said. "That I can do. It's such a complex mindset [singing in public] because I think about how the judgement is on me, and how I sound alone. It's nerve-racking.
"Being part of Glee is like being in musical-theatre school, with people singing and doing duet-offs in between scenes. I just save it for on-camera."
Chris Colfer returns as Kurt in Season Three of Glee Glee: S02E12 - Kurt
Colfer recently revealed what he expects to happen between Glee characters Kurt and Blaine (Darren Criss).
Source

Archived