SOOMPI IDOL 9 - Round 2 Initial Results [Top 15] & Polls

Jaeho

Guest betadesdemona

So happy to make it past this round! ^^ 
Thank you so much for the fantastic compliments! I really, really hope that I don’t dissapoint and will work hard on not dissapointing in the next round! Yeah, keeping up with my energy and attitude has always been difficult for me… I’ve been working at it for awhile and I will definitely continue to work on getting better at it. At the moment I feel both elated and worried after reading the comments, but I can’t wait til the details for the next round come out! 
Thank you so much again!!

Guest stephshine

Congrats to everybody who made it! :)
Thank you judges for the constructive feedback -- hopefully all of us still hoping to pass with votes can put all your comments into deep consideration and if we make it to the next round, come back strong with improved entries.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the great comments!
Something I wrote in the Soompi Skype convo:
[8:38:39 AM] thisismynicknameok: thanks for the comments guys, u dont need to be so formal :P to be honest, sometimes we're a little worried that our comments might be too harsh, but i think it's good to be honest so that ppl know their good points and work on their weak areas, etc. i think a big part of what makes soompi idol is the critiques and honesty
[8:38:39 AM] thisismynicknameok: and thanks for participating and i can really tell that a lot of ppl are trying their best and putting a lot of effort into this, etc
:-bd lol

Guest notochrasy

I'll agree that there are some comments that I've come across in previous judge's comments on some of the entries that have already been eliminated that have kinda intimidated me :| But I definitely have to agree that no matter how harsh the comments may seem, they're all constructive, and this really does help with building a person's growth as a singer/rapper/dancer :)
Also though!I have a question.. if a Korean artist has sampled the instrumental of a non-Korean artist for their own original track, would that still be allowed?eg. Amy Winehouse's You Know I'm No Good instrumental was sampled for E-sens' track "I'm No Good" 

- so is it okay to use for an entry? :3

^ That's a good question. 
The theme for Round 3 is "no theme" yet again. :-S But this time, your song choices aren't limited to Korean music anymore. You may sing, rap, or dance to anything. So if anybody wants a head start, the time limit is 2:00 (two minutes) to 4:00 (four minutes).
But yeah, the track you mentioned would still be OK for all other cases, since it's still E-Sens' song. (Lots of rappers do it.) 

Guest notochrasy

omg not korean music LOL. FLIPS ALL TABLES.
But thanks! Yeah I figured it probably would still be okay because my prelim entry was the same case lol but just had to be sure! :) 

Guest jiroSHExfilesTATU

congrats to all of the winners! i knew i would be eliminated soon coz i knew that these guys are way better than me... OTLthanks to soompi idol, i realized that singing is not all about doing the correct pitch or tune... because of this, i now mind my uhm, emotions while singing...LOL, but i guess i still can't do that....hwaiting! i now have my top3 bets...kekeke...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Firefly31

Yay really happy I passed this round (if barely haha)! :D Thanks for the comments judges, I'll try to work hard to improve!

Archived