Tame My Perm!

Guest peechier

Guest peechier

I recently got my hair permed and since this is my first time, I am clueless at how to style it.

Love that I don't get weird lumps on my hair when I wake up.

Love the volume + texture.

Miss not being able to brush my hair :[

Miss not having shiny hair..or maybe this is just me?

I want shiny and neat curls like in those magazines, but even if I use 2 handful of mouse, my hair still fluffs out by the end of the day and gets all frizzy

>:[

I bought the Fructis Curling Cream, but it's so sticky and I have no idea how to apply it. Are there better products, I like to wash my hair everday and yeah I heard it's bad for your hair..in short, how do I make my hair less frizzy and more pretty?

Please help, hair gurus, show me the light~ :lol:

dsc07848xf9.jpg

- Apologies for the gigantic picture, but look at the flyaways! This picture was taken right after I took a shower, so my hair doesn't look as bad. When it dries, however, whoo <_< .. it's down hill from there *sob*

Guest Raindeer

use curling creme, it stops the frizz/flyaways and gives u nice curls like the magazines

but to make it look as good as the magazines, I used to curl strands with my fingers while blowdrying, or just grab your hair into 2 ponytails and curl it one at a time

Guest -- CRYSTAL.

like the person above me said!

after your shower take your curling creme and rub it in your hands. then just take parts of your hair and twirl it around your fingers.

but in magazines.. they always look so pretty because most of the time, they have a hair stylist with a curling iron :[

First take a moderate amount of volumizing product/creme and just apply it all over your hair while slightly damp, not wet. (don't forget to apply under the hair)

Then you take a curling product (mousse, or creme. I believe creme makes more softer curls/waves and can looser tighter curls. While mousse is your better choice for definition) You just dispense the product in your palms and then use it to scrunch up your curls. (However, you really don't need a lot of curling product)

Let air dry.

OR

For more even more definition buy a diffuser attachment for your blowdryer. (They sell it practically anywhere, right next to the area where they sell other heat styling appliances, ie: curling irons, ceramic irons, dryers.)

Hope that helps. :)

Guest peechier

What kind of products do you use? I bought a curling cream thing from Fructis but it's really sticky and hard to deal with since it sticks to my hair and when I try to smooth my curls out, it just makes it really bad :\

I don't use any products on my perm nor do I brush my hair...but you shouldn't blow dry for sure though. However, I suggest some mousse, it gives your curls a more natural look, gel would just weigh it down a lot.

Guest alicimoo

Use Sunsilk Creme for Curly hair. (Green bottle)

When I had a perm, I used it while blowdrying (even though many people prefer not to blowdry when they have a perm).

Guest blisskiss

You can brush through your hair when you first get out of the shower. It actually helps to do that before you finger-curl it because the hair isn't tangled.

My routine:

1. Towel-pat hair (dont rub your head. it causes frizz/breaks)

2. Brush through hair once

3. divide hair in half at the back of your head (makes it easier to apply mousse/gel/creme)

4. apply curling mousse/curling gel throughout lower 3/4 of hair

5. scrunch and let air dry. Sometimes I stop there. This is for more natural curls. If I want to look like I curled with an iron, I go on...

6. finger-curl hair then lightly re-scrunch

It actually only takes about 5 minutes. I don't blow dry at all because my perm is still too strong and I always get frizz because I don't have a diffuser. Also, high-end curling shampoo/conditioner will make your hair shiny and healthy-looking.

I find that for the first week or two of the perm, it looks prettiest after you sleep on it. (Perms dry out your hair anyhow so your hair isn't going to be dirty from one day. Try showering every other day for a couple days. Maybe it looks better because it's getting back the natural oils that it used to have.)

Guest peechier

Woah, thank you for all the advices!

What exactly is a diffuser? I don't blowdry my hair because I heard it damages your hair :\

So you brush your hair, take individual section like about 2 in.? and curl it around your finger? Do you apply the curling cream before/during/after the finger curl (sorry if this is stupid, but yeah scrunching it up, won't that make the curls go crazy?)

Guest blisskiss

Woah, thank you for all the advices!

What exactly is a diffuser? I don't blowdry my hair because I heard it damages your hair :\

So you brush your hair, take individual section like about 2 in.? and curl it around your finger? Do you apply the curling cream before/during/after the finger curl (sorry if this is stupid, but yeah scrunching it up, won't that make the curls go crazy?)

-_-;;; I numbered the steps...

You put in the cream BEFORE you scrunch. when you get out of the shower, brush hair, distribute the cream, then finger curl (yes, take about 2 inches then twirl it around your finger --like you do when you get bored). You don't really have to scrunch but most people do to get their curls to be bouncy and not flat. The cream should keep it from frizzing, but you will have to get used to the fact that for the first month, they will be bouncier curls. It loosens up after that.

Guest Kristtina

wow,ur hair really looks very pretty,but if i were u i would get staright hair,cuz im a straight hair maniac,but dont mind me

i suggest u usin schwatzkof products or smth from loreal,these brands are really expensive but they are also very effective and good for hair.i tried wax, gel and balsam from schwatzkof and the effect was amazing

Guest White Star

i never got a perm so i have no clue. but do you mind me asking what kind of perm did you get and for how much. i'm thinking of getting one myself

Guest beautylicious87

i got a perm and my hair is EXACTLY like what you described~~

several days ago I tried a little bit of hair lotion on my hair and it really tamed my curls~~

it made my hair super soft and smooth and made it very manageable~~

very tamed~~

i suggest you try hair lotion, as well~~

Archived