What's Non-asian About You?

Guest Take Five

Guest Kizoku

Well, some people who can actually SEE don't think I look completely Asian. Or at least not typically Asian. Eh, but I'm still Asian.

-I understand basic Cantonese, but can't speak it nor understand the complex Cantonese. >_< I spend way too much time away from my family. Completely fluent in English. Speak English with my parents.

-My clothes are not quite so Asian. But I mean really...it's the East coast, where do I get "Asian" clothes? I like them so much, but I wouldn't like them much on me.

-I'm not fond of most anime and manga. >.> But anyone who is very realistic and thinks generic fantasy ideas are tacky could too. The drawings for some are very pretty, and I used to be sort of obsessed with it. Only for a year, until some girl copied everything I did and claimed them as her own ideas/unique style. Grr...

-I wouldn't wear the traditional Chinese dresses xP They're pretty, but not for me.

-I have barely any interest for most Asian celebrities, the ones most people here drool over. xD

-I only genuinely like SOME Asian music. I'm not into most of the pop, but a lot of it is catchy. Some is just too lame. Though, I don't like most of what's on American radios today. I'm a classic rock person, but I love tons of genres. People say I have amazing music taste. I'm just experimental. >.>

Er.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest missdevotional

Ermm...

- Most of my friends aren't Asian

- I can speak Vietnamese, but I can only understand Cantonese. (I'm half Viet, half Chinese) - my family mostly speaks English at home.

- I never learnt to play an instrument

- I'm an average student.

Guest heavenztears

- I only have 1 asian friend and that's because we've known eachother since kindergarten.

- I don't like to hang out with other Vietnamese people that live here.

- I dropped math... haha! Broke the stereotype there.

- I don't like anime or manga at all.

- I've never dated an asian before.

- I don't dress like asians or at least the FOB-style.

- I'm born in Holland :D

- I can speak Dutch and English without any accent.

The thing is that I do speak Vietnamese and I can read and write it as well... So that's basicly the only asian thing about me.

EDIT: I HATE those wanna-be-cool Vietnamese celebrities when they think they can sing and rap in western style and they really have no talent whatsoever to me.

Guest 영원한 사랑

Alot of things are asian about me except for the fact I can't speak korean that well and I think in an American way.

Other than that, everything about me is korean. :)

Guest xdeathberry

I suck at math

I speak English better

My handwriting SUCKS. [both Korean and American. -___-]

I forget what some Korean food are called. haha

Guest lorxp

I get along and interact better with white people than hmong people.

My parents are not strict about grades.

I'm not a genius at math.

Guest raspberrii

i guess the things i can list off the top of my head are

-not really fobby style (although i wish i could pull it off and admire it sooo much)

-not hard working AT ALL

-not a genius

-not a prim and proper type either

-no accent

i guess im more second generation but im technically fob/1st gen

Guest Ailes Noires
^ LMFAO. I don't either. ToT~

But seriously, I don't apply myself like I'm supposed to. I procrastinate to the point where I don't even do an assignment from time to time. :(

Haha, I'm like that. I probably have some underlying issue, but damned if I'm going to do anything about it.

Guest JJ no Baka

-i'm not smart. :lol:

-i'm white-washed

-i speak english to my parents often

-i dont have chinky/slanted eyes

Guest jen.tart

non asian hm..

well stereotypically (is that a word LOL)

im not good in maths,

not hardworking at school,

i cant even really speak my own language. i speak in english all the time haha

and i dont have small eyes.

Archived