York University

Guest Honey_Babee

Guest Xiphias

^ OMG same here! I liked ECON 1010 better than ECON 1000. It was somewhat easier...

I took ECON 1010 with Mansoorian. Although his random "CAN YOU PLEASE STOP TALKING" moments annoy you and you'd have to copy notes, but his exams are relatively easy :D

O_O, LOL i had him for macro tooo LMAO, i jus had him for winter semester 08/09 too rofl. hes too focused about trying to find out whos talking in class =p

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest funkkeh

O_O, LOL i had him for macro tooo LMAO, i jus had him for winter semester 08/09 too rofl. hes too focused about trying to find out whos talking in class =p

He's always tripping into chairs and desks when he's walking too.

Maybe I was in your class!! lol it was at 8 AM in the morning -.-

Did you see him on the exam day? He was wearing this bright hawaiian t-shirt.. I was trying to hold my laughter hehe :D

Guest Xiphias

He's always tripping into chairs and desks when he's walking too.

Maybe I was in your class!! lol it was at 8 AM in the morning -.-

Did you see him on the exam day? He was wearing this bright hawaiian t-shirt.. I was trying to hold my laughter hehe :D

O_O yea, omg we're in the same class LOL. yea during the exam he suddenly blorted out something n every1 in the room looked at him. dunno wat he said tho =\

Guest naoto

Well people my life is over. Noordeh cancelled the assignment so our test is 30%, 30%, and a cumulative exam worth 40%. Summer school got shortened.

Guest Xiphias

Well people my life is over. Noordeh cancelled the assignment so our test is 30%, 30%, and a cumulative exam worth 40%. Summer school got shortened.

aww, the assignment was such a nice tool to bump marks xD, Mansoorian's midterm n final was 30/70 or 40/60 xD

• 1 month later...
Guest tishuu

This thread's so deadddd.

Anyone taking Japanese? *sigh* I wish I switched my class a few days earlier..

:) im taking japanese!!

Lol my boyfriend took Japanese this year and had to drop it because of the strike. For language courses, you really need to keep up and memorize the work, but because of the strike he forgot a lot. Once we got back, they were moving twice as fast haha (The pace of Japanese is already supposed to be pretty quick :S)

Trust me on this, you have just a little over one month until school starts...Learn some basic Japanese right now. Learn to write a bit and some basic phrases because you'll be writing and performing some dialogues in class...

Guest naoto

^that's a good idea.. my friend dropped econ last year because of the strike he came back and didn't know anything and they went too quick so he had to drop it. But they gave us all credit back so it wasn't too bad.

I finished econ all =D I did not do very well but I tried and I did pass.

tishuu - which level?

Yeah I know all the basics already. I finished all levels of high school Japanese since grade 9. I'm taking JP2000. Just wondering if anyone here is in the 2:30 class? I'm dying to switch to the 4:30..but it's full T_T

Guest Honey_Babee

arg, york has officially ruined my life.

to this day, i still cant enroll in any of my major courses. ive emailed them numerous times and they all went un replied, i went in to talk to them, and all they told me was no you can do it, just try it again

i effing hate them so much. shoul dhave just applied to OCAD.

Guest naoto

arg, york has officially ruined my life.

to this day, i still cant enroll in any of my major courses. ive emailed them numerous times and they all went un replied, i went in to talk to them, and all they told me was no you can do it, just try it again

i effing hate them so much. shoul dhave just applied to OCAD.

ah you don't email because nobody ever replies.. why did they say you can do it if you can't? I've tried to add my major courses when it wouldn't allow so what I do is call the department of the program and they have always helped me add it by changing stuff on the computer. If that doesn't work go to your department office (if you haven't already) and ask for assistance or a program director so they can help you. NEVER EVER GO TO OSAS THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE.

Guest Honey_Babee

ah you don't email because nobody ever replies.. why did they say you can do it if you can't? I've tried to add my major courses when it wouldn't allow so what I do is call the department of the program and they have always helped me add it by changing stuff on the computer. If that doesn't work go to your department office (if you haven't already) and ask for assistance or a program director so they can help you. NEVER EVER GO TO OSAS THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE.

I KNOW. i learned that the hard way.

arg. i finally decides to phone them, and figure out th eproblem. i have to wait until august 2nd to enroll. im so pissed >.<

Guest cfcong

Has anyone taken the Elementary Chinese Language course?

Are they teaching cantonese or mandarin?

Chinese taught in school is Mandarin.

Cantonese is just a dominant dialect in the three regions (or provinces): Guangxi, Guangdong, and Hong Kong & Macau (Special Administrative Region)

Guest tishuu

tishuu - which level?

Yeah I know all the basics already. I finished all levels of high school Japanese since grade 9. I'm taking JP2000. Just wondering if anyone here is in the 2:30 class? I'm dying to switch to the 4:30..but it's full T_T

:( im not in the same class then lol. im taking JP1000...not as pro as you :)

They suggested I take KOR2000.

But I'm scared for my life, lol.

'Cause I learned all the characters, numbers and countless phrases..

But maybe 2000 will be too much for me.

Now, the 1000 level is full. Darn it!

Can anyone fill me in on what they learn in the 1000 level? Guh.

I was told that KOR2000 is MUCH HARDER than most people expected, even to those who are native korean speakers. Apparently its like old school korean or something - or atleast korean phrases/sentences/grammar that most people wouldn't use on a normal/daily basis.

Guest angelZ

Yeah the upper lever language classes are 10x harder, cuz they expect you to know the stuff already..

My friends (fobs) used to pretend like they didn't know Chinese so they could get in the 1000 courses to raise their gpa....lol...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the upper lever language classes are 10x harder, cuz they expect you to know the stuff already..

My friends (fobs) used to pretend like they didn't know Chinese so they could get in the 1000 courses to raise their gpa....lol...

Haha, I was going to do that. But I had to drop this class because I needed other courses. I wanted to take the Korean class too, for once they had space for it, it's like you have to register for that class once you get to register for courses, because after a day or 2, that class is full/restricted. <_<

Has anyone taken ADMS 2511? Is it hard? I'm taking it online cause all the other classes were full... <_<

ITEC 2610? ITEC 3010? (Oh, why the hell am I majoring in IT)

I'm hoping FACS1900 is easy (some fine arts course). Has anyone taken this?

Archived