I don't use them cuz they're kinda annoying to wear lol

so it's just sitting in its pink box and collecting dust :[

pm me :]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wiwi_an

here's my review on them. i got them for around $10-12 shipped from gmarket. (i'll post link later)

i'm comparing them to my panasonic headphones and ipod earbuds.

Photo8copy.jpgPhoto9.jpg

at first i thought they were big on my head(i'm a tiny person). but they're light so its not a bother and after wearing them for 30 minutes i'm used to it.

IMG_6479.jpg

foldable :) my pro

IMG_6481.jpg

size compared to a itouch

IMG_6482.jpg

closeup. the plastic on the cups is like a smooth velvety plastic. so it might be kinda difficult to clean if u get it dirty. the headband is a (kinda cheap) plastic. the size can be adjusted by pulling the cups down or up.

one con was the service..the headphones were covered in a little dust. not vry happy. but that depends on where u buy it.

IMG_6483.jpg

but they did give me extra ear pads..a pair of earbuds..and those earphone string holders. and some coupons for free music.

my suggestions are..its very light so it seems vry fragile...don't stuff it in your bag if it can get banged around or squished with other items in ur bag.

i just recieved it today, i can't say much bout the quality. the sound is working fine. its as good as ipod earbuds. and it does have a bit of sound cancellation bc of the cups. so i'm happy for the price i paid.

if you're a person who listens music on the subway and such, its a good enough pair of headphones. unless you're really into the sound quality then this wuld be bad.

i'll remember to write back after a month of using this.

• 1 month later...
Guest Meimiko

Hi guys ~

I'm not very active on soompi (I'm a major lurker) but I saw this thread and I wanted to write a little review about the pair I bought. :)

Review:

About a year and a half ago I bought a pair for me and my boyfriend before these headphones became pretty popular. I really loved them and they're really nice. The sound quality is fair, it's better than the cheap $10 earbuds you buy at Walmart. If you're not going to buy them for the sake of fashion and/or you're really picky about sound quality then I wouldn't suggest purchasing one because they are pretty pricey! The sound quality is pretty nice if you're listening to really upbeat songs or something with a lot of bass though. They do block out sound pretty well you can still hear loud noises but a person talking to you with a normal tone will hardly be heard and you definitely can't understand them. (I've gotten yelled at so many times with these on haha.) I spent $114 for 2 pairs ($57 each) at YesAsia before the prices dropped down to $49.

Major con... if you're head is huge or you use them on a daily basis without taking proper care (bumping into stuff, severe headbanging, headbutting your cat, etc.) they crack... and eventually they break in half (at the headband) leaving you to be a sad headphoneless person. My boyfriend used his every single day ever since I bought them for him (he loved them to death too.) and a little over a year they broke in half. I've been letting my brother use my pair for about 2 months now and his head is a little big; now they're already starting to crack plus they've been bent because of the width of his head. It also sucks because they start to slide off your head once they start cracking... Another thing, I don't know if it's just me but I get a little bit of a headache if I leave them on for a couple of hours with the music cranked up pretty high. Oh and if they're positioned in the right place they definitely will pull on your hair. I wear them around my neck sometimes when I talk to people and when I reach to put them back on the headband (right where it folds) grabs my hair. It's a little annoying and painful for me.

Purchasing One:

I'm considering purchasing a new pair because I really love the style (especially the new purple ones) and I'm sure my current pair would last longer if I took care of it like it was my child. As I was googling to see if there was a store that sold them cheaper (because at the time of my first purchase only YesAsia sold them online) I found a lot of stores that sold fake ones... Really a lot, especially on eBay. I thought it was strange that I was finding so many for $10-$20 while YesAsia still has them for $49, it seemed too good to be true and it is. I guess due to their popularity many people have been taking advantage of it by creating counterfeit ones. I'm sure the fake ones have average quality which is why there are some bad reviews (unless it's from an audiophile) and I've seen pictures of them they look a little tacky. Although I'm not an audiophile, I love the fashion statement these make as well as the decent sound quality which is why I'll most likely continue purchasing them. If you just want them for the fashion and don't care much for the quality or don't want to pay $50 I guess buying fake ones isn't that big of a deal.

A real pair doesn't come with anything but the box an an extension cord because without it your mp3 player will just be swinging around in front of you unless you have a chest pocket. I think it also comes with an instructions/warranty paper but I don't remember.

Here's a guide to spot the real and fake ones:

http://magnetic-rose.net/2009/12/how-to-sp...yle-headphones/

And the only legitimate places I know of to purchase some:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/mix-style-electr...-0-en/list.html

http://mix-style-headphones.com/english/store.html

I'll post pictures of mine if anyone wants to see what it looks like when and where they start to crack. Anyways I hope this helps. :)

Guest Kei1512

I bought a pair from China on sale for cheap - and I have to agree with Meimiko, I get a headache after a while cranking up the volume so Idk. I'm planning to paint over the original design, does anybody know if the plastic is prone to cracking/melting on high heat?

• 1 month later...
Guest rawrblebee.adree

Hey, I hear that they're low quality. I still want to get them though, maybe perhaps you should buy fancy awesome bass (no that's not a typo) earphones. Then wear the mix-styles over the earphones. Then you'll have great sound quality and no one can hear what you're listening to. <3

I say that I would buy broken white or not used (and collecting dust) white with black star headphones.

Then I'd cut the wire and wear them over my earphones. The Phillips She9500 (which sadly broke yesterday, I loved them so much that I am buying the exact same earphones, but taking better care of them) are a really good pair, and they come cheap (well cheaper than the more expensive brands, but good quality, about $15-$20, depends where you buy) too.

If no one PM's me, then I'm definately going to buy blue ones from YesAsia and if the quality really, REALLY sucks, then I'll do what I've mentioned above. I heard from a friend that they're comfortable and cute, but once again the quality is the con.... And anyway, music you play can be heard from big headphones whether the quality is good or not. So wearing these stylish 'phones over earphones may be pretty good. But that's just me. :)

Guest JJ.biased

I'm kind of sad...

I never knew there were fake and real mix style headphones and I went to buy it (thinking I snatched a bargain) but then to realise that it was just the fake version...

• 3 weeks later...

OMG, how come I didn't know that this headphone have the fake one too? aishh , thanks God I haven't buy any yet. I'm planning to buy it from ebay, but after reading everyone posts, I think I need to think twice or more. but, I really want it :'(

@syalovee thanks for the infos/link

Guest DoDam

These are everywhere...

But yeah, it seems they're highlight is that they're really trendy right now. Extremely trendy around the asian community.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rainee

bought a pair recently... just realized they might be fake from what the site http://magnetic-rose.net/2009/12/how-to-sp...yle-headphones/ said. but the seller let me try them before buying them, and the quality is really good O_O i was really impressed, because i didn't expect much from something that looks a bit cheap (but cute ^^). i like the sound quality better than my sony noise-cancelling buds but prob that's because these cover your ears and make it more surround :T

i bought my "fake" ones for around 30-40$. personally, i'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality and might as well take it as the real ones :T

Guest toGETherONE

there are too many fake ones out there. these are practically fashion fopaux. something you use as prop to make one stand out in a photo or film, to the point. i'm not denying they ARE CUTE but only for looks. you will be a great actor/director if you think you can make people imagine these as quality items. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Guest Huan-

Everyone keeps saying they sound like crap, but I was actually really satisfied with them. I'm nothing close to pro, but to me they have a very good sound quality for simple ipod/computer use.

And since everyone cpomplains about sound quality but only one person in the whole thread pointed out the cable lenght, which is one of the most obvious things after use, I'm pretty sure most or all of these bad reviews were on fakes.

The only thing I didn't like with them was when they started to crack right in the middle of the headband. I have a big head, and even the epoxy putty I used to fix them ended up cracking. But they're japanese, so I can't be surprised if they're for smaller heads than mine.

The short cable was great for the inner pockets in my coat, and the extension didn't bother me too much, I just attached it to a shorter lenght.

Guest NYCballad

I heard the quality of MixStlye wasn't very good, and I only liked the style so I decided to buy fake ones and just use them when I do photography. I don't actually listen to music with them often, but I didn't think the fake ones are that bad with sound quality. :mellow:

they looks soo cool, but iu prefer the beats by dr dre.

From $50 to $350, we shouldn't even compare them, but those do look AND sound amazing. Personally, I'd go with the ATH-PRO700 in gold color, because they're limited and only in asia so I'd be sure to be the only one wearing them here. I see Beats everywhere now, they're getting too common. ( f_audiotechnica_athpro700gd.jpg)

I had one..a few years back... until it cracked in half because of the design flaw. They way it folds/unfolds when you wear it puts a lot of stress at the top. Once it cracks these are pretty much done. Stay away from this like the plague it will NOT last you long. Yes I had the real ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AiMango

i bought some from TW , black with white stars, but theyre definitely not authentic, orig price was 220NT = 7$ and i actually got them on sale. the quality was pretty good but i think theyre broken now because i accidently pulled 1 of the cords a little too much and now only 1 ear works == they were a pretty good fashion accessory i guess.

Guest Lolly~

A friend of mine got me some very cheap (fake) ones when he was in China. Sadly now only one ear works :( They were a good fashion statement but I was always conscious of looking alittle silly in them haha

Archived