Notebook Mouse: Bluetooth Vs Wired

Godotology

trying to get a new mouse for my new notebook and am interested in getting a laser one, but can't decide between a bluetooth one or a wired one (with retractable chords).

a bluetooth one would make use out of the bluetooth option in my notebook (i don't have any other bluetooth accessory at the moment) and would be wire free.. but I heard there's still some latency issues as well as annoying sleeping issues when it goes into "hibernate"

a wired one would allow me not to worry about batteries at all and are supposedly more accurate, but its getting harder to find a decent notebook laser wire mouse.

Wired mice being more accurate is a myth. That might have been true years ago but the technology that the current wireless/bluetooth have now is far superior than how it was before so I don't think tracking precision is much of an issue anymore. If you were a gamer, then you might see slight differences in the connectivity, but otherwise you won't even notice a difference. I'd get a wireless mouse over a wired mouse because the freedom that a wireless mouse provides definitely justifies the need for batteries and what not. My recommendation for a wireless laptop mouse would be: logitech vx revolution. :)

Guest SongBird

I don't know usually I am all for the newer tech gadgets but when it comes to my mouse I stick to my wired one. I have a pretty decent logitech one that I got for a good price that does its job very well. The bluetooth one that I got for my MAC sucks. Replacing/charging batteries is pretty annoying later on. The wireless coolness of it loses its novelty for me after about a month. I just have it lying around now preferring to just hook up my wired one. Would the wire really bother you that much?

Archived