Guest yonsamastar

i know how hard it is to lose a close friend

so i'm sure it's not an easy pain for jisub to erease

i even cried when i heard the news

i loved young ha , and i still don't know he took his own life

he should have thought of his family and friends *sigh*

anyway r.i.p park young ha

i'll allways remeber you with good things

I am still in shock ! So sad .. Poor Jisub oppa , he's crying out his heart .. So sad this news and seeing his friends like that .. it's hard . I know too .. how it's to lose somebody .. Can't make them feeling better ..

Rest in peace , Mr Park !

Oh Jesus, I don't know what to say. How shocking and sad. You never know what a person's going through, especially when your life is public in a place like Korea where it's considered bad form to air your problems in public or ask for help. He must have felt he had nowhere and no one to turn to. Surely his friends would have helped him. Perhaps he felt like a failure and was too ashamed to call out for help. No one should have to live this way. No human being should ever be alone in their suffering, no matter what mistakes they make.

Guest sojisupshi

I was totally shocked, as if couldn't moved my legs from the shock, just read an article about PYH supporting charities to Africa, then all of a sudden this news came out. The first person came to my mind is our dear oppa SO JI SUB , for we all know how close he is to him, and he is not a type of person who make friends just like that. All his celebrity friends have been his friends for a longest time, and now there's only Song Seung Hun and Kwon Sang woo but since he's got a family of his own, the only one left is SHH. Besides KSW is having a hit and run case right now, hopefully (knock on wood!) he won't be arrested for that. I'm worried about our oppa co'z he is losing his friends and we know him , he's such an introvert. We'll just have to PRAY that Road No.l rating will rise up so he will be relieved from these anxieties.

Guest nana544

I was so devastated when I saw So Ji Sub's crying pictures at Yong Ha's funeral. So Ji Sub, please hang in there...it is never great to lose someone you truly love and means a lot to you. Seeing these crying pictures of you makes me teary. I can only imagine the pain you are going through and darn those reporters shoving camera in his face!!! I want to be there and give So Ji Sub a big hug. Rip Park Yong Ha-you'll always be remember and missed.

Guest Leena651

When I heard about what had happen to PYH... My first reaction was Jisub... OMGosh those pictures of him is soooo very sad... My heart aches for him. REST in PEACE PYH... Jisub - how I wish I can lean my shoulder for you to cry on... Please take care of yourself and stay positive. Go on a vacation or spend time w/love ones~ It will heal your broken heart *cries*

Guest sonicklism

Park Yong Ha - - rest in peace...i'm speechless and crying now.

Jisub oppa - - be strong!!! You're not alone...you still have SSH & KSW oppa, your beloved mom, and your fans around the world.

20100701095912235b6_095655_0.jpg

clip at the hospital...Jisub oppa couldn't stop crying.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview3.htm?linkid=197&ac=player&articleid=2010063021281339875

So Ji-sub denies rumor he will wed Han Ji-min

Actor So Ji-sub has denied a rumor that he will marry actress Han Ji-min.

During an interview with local news media on June 28, he mentioned his relationship with her.

20100630001257_0.jpg

I am sorry for her. She must have suffered more than I because shes an actress.

He added since the marriage rumor, I have and could not get in touch with her.

Also, or now, I have no plan to get married. I would consider marriage when Im around my 40s.

Asked about his ideal type of woman, he said it is different from time to time, but he likes someone who can make him feel comfortable.

After So Ji-sub and Han Ji-min costarred in the KBS soap opera Cain & Abel, rumors were rampant that they would get married in December, even though the two had never admitted to being in a relationship.

In addition, pictures showing So and Han wearing the same rings added fuel to the rumor.

So is currently starring as Lee Jang-woo in the MBC soap opera Road No. 1, which depicts love and friendship during the Korean War (1950-53).

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/business/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20100630000901

July 1, 2010

So Ji Sub: ‘I Might Not Be Able to Act Again in Drama Like This One’

So Ji Sub: “I think that I might not be able to find a drama like this one and not be able to portray the type of character that I played again, and it might be very difficult to produce this kind of drama in the future again.”

Actor So Ji Sub, who is now appearing in the MBC Wednesday and Thursday drama “Road No.1 (written by Han Ji Hoon, directed by Lee Jang Soo and Kim Jin Min),” talked with news reporters about what the drama means to him at a café located in Cheongdam-dong in Seoul on June 28.

He talked about the character Lee Jang Woo, whom he plays, by saying, “What he only cares about is Soo Yeon (Kim Ha Neul). He does not think in many ways, instead, he keeps going on while only thinking about her. Whenever I acted, I tried to have the emotion of thinking ‘I love her to death.’ And actually, the character Jang Woo and I have many similarities. For example, I am also the type of person with single-minded devotion, like Jang Woo.”

7429_1328_l.jpg

The blockbuster drama “Road No. 1,” with an investment amounting to 13 billion won, portrays the love and friendship between one woman (Kim Ha Neul) and two men (So Ji Sub and Yoon Kye Sang) during the Korean War.

The viewer ratings for the first and second episode, which began airing from June 21, recorded only around ten percent.

So Ji Sub said, "I watched the first and second episodes at home alone. Since there are more things to show in the following episodes, I actually do not care much about the poor viewer ratings for the first week. I also read viewers’ comments about the drama posted on the internet website and found out there are many points of views on the drama. Strangely, I was very uplifted by looking at the criticisms from viewers.”

“Road No.1” finished filming before the first episode was aired, which is a so-called "drama produced in advance." So mentioned the difficulties that he had to go through when he filmed the drama by saying, “I had to go on location continuously, so at first, I took care of my skin and got facial massages, but in the end, I just gave up about skin care. Sometimes it was too cold to just stand outside and sometimes it was too hot to be outside.”

7429_1329_l.jpg

Since he appeared in the TV drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You” in 2004, he earned the nickname of “stylish Mr. So” thanks to his fashion and his way of acting. He said, “At first, I thought that the nickname is too much for me, but now I do not care about it anymore. Instead, I just do anything the way I want to do it. I think that the nickname has come from my behavior, that I always do something comfortably without trying to put on airs.”

So Ji Sub, who is 34 years old, faced rumors of romance with actress Han Ji Min at the end of last year. He talked about the rumor, “I do not know from where that rumor came. I used to hang out with actress Han Jin Min as a friend, but since the rumor has spread, we do not contact each other anymore.”

He continued, “Right after I was discharged, I broke up with my girlfriend and I have been alone since then. Now, acting is more important for me than seeing someone.” He added, “I am very much satisfied with my age which is in the mid-thirties because I think that this age is very helpful for acting.”

Then he talked about actor Choi Min Soo, with whom he acted together in the same drama. He said, “When I first met him, I was surprised. I realized that telling something with the eyes is not a matter of acting ability, but it is an ability that comes from various experiences. In that, I am very satisfied with my age. I can feel myself that the depth of my eyes has been changed compared with before.”

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7429

*** Oh geez, this news sucks. Personally, I feel sad & bad for Road No. 1 & I'm surprised. I hope ratings will pick-up next show. I really hope it does. I'm still gonna watch Road No. 1 no matter what. SJS worked hard for this & did his best. Wondering why this drama suffers in ratings? Maybe not many people/viewers are not into war/action genre. <_<

Ratings drop further for Bad Guy and Road No. 1

June 30th, 2010 // by javabeans

road_50.jpgbadguy_51.jpg

Ouuuuch.

Looks like the World Cup really did a number on SBSs postponed dramas. While Monday-Tuesdays Coffee House dropped to a 5.6% (from approximately 9%) after two weeks off the air, Wednesday-Thursdays Bad Guy had an even bigger fall down from 15% to 5.6%. Yikes. Out of sight, out of the viewers minds, apparently.

Road No. 1 also lost viewers in its second week, going from 9% to 7.2%. This means that ratings leader Baker King Kim Tak-gu on KBS widened its lead with a 31% rating.

I can understand the smaller drop for Road No. 1, which in my opinion was deserved lets be honest, its first showing was ROUGH. And its too bad for Coffee House, which was holding steady before the delay. But its worst of all for Bad Guy (which is beleaguered enough as it is), which had been climbing steadily before it lost all its momentum.

Im going to finish my dramas regardless of whatever numbers they pull in, so these numbers dont affect me (or any of us who get our drama fixes via the internet, really). Its just too bad for the actors, who suffer drops in morale and miss out on CF opportunities when their dramas fall by the ratings wayside.

Via Asia Economy

*** OMG looking at his photos here, I could say that their bond of friendship is so strong - this is the beauty of their friendship & he's the one who I saw cried the most! RIP PYH! Seeing him like this is also a heart wrenching sight! I know it's hard but time will heal! SJS is such a dedicated friend! He's so admirable! PYH must have been a good man to have a friend like that. He stays to the end. He loves PYH so much & that's so nice of him. I feel so bad for SJS! I can't really imagine what SJS is going through at the moment but please be strong! :mellow:

So Ji Sub kept watch at Park Yong Ha’s wake

20100701_sojisub2-460x322.jpg

So Ji Sub was a good friend of actor Park Yong Ha, who committed suicide yesterday in Seoul and he was amongst the celebrities that attended his wake the same day and caught the attention of the public through his tears.

Many stars were there to send off the actor and offer their condolences to his immediate family but it looks like So Ji Sub was not able to let go just yet.

The two regularly named each other as their best friends when they were asked who their best friend was on TV shows or through interviews. Because of the strong friendship they shared, So Ji Sub was the first celebrity to arrive in the morning of the 30th and stayed overnight at the wake to keep his friend company.

20100701_sojisub1.jpg

When the wake was being moved to another floor in the building, he was there to help carry the body. The friendship seems to be continuing on even if they are in different worlds now. Park Yong Ha’s funeral procession will take place tomorrow.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : allkpop

Stay strong, Jisub! We are all going through the unspeakable pain right now with the loss of Yong Ha... Just remember all the good times you spent with your mate and time will slowly and utimately heal the wound.

Guest monna

hi girls, long time no see,

I'm sorry that the first time for me to write here from a long time, comes when i knew the sad news,

which by the way i still find it really hard to believe,

may you rest in peace park yong ha ssi,

and all our hearts with you ji-sub oppa :"((

i have a request,

there was a recent interview with SJS talking about PYH,

but i can't seem to find it anywhere,

do you know where con i find it?

all my warm hugs to my old gals here,

specially my lovely coco, charlesriver, woundedheart, and khin,

he can't stop crying.... lots of memories with good friend who just died like that, poor oppa, PYH has lots of good friends and big stars like our oppa..

his memories will remain and condolences to his family and friends..

In addition, pictures showing So and Han wearing the same rings added fuel to the rumor.

They never were wearing the same rings. That's what was so bizarre about that story. The gossip media even printed photos to "prove" the rings were the same but the rings were not the same. What? Both rings were silver and round?? This makes a couple? Ridiculous. Even though it's a small thing, it's stuff like this that makes me so angry because of the level of total stupidity of it all.