So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest vudoolady

So glad to see everyone back :D

Woundedheart, can't believe that those pics were taken by a fan,

it looks so professional, thank for sharing!

I think the ring he wears is the same as that at the press conference of Rough Cut 2 years ago. Lucky ring maybe? Hopefully it brings the same or even more luck for him this time.

Now I'm so curious about the story of Saturn, unnie where are you? :phew:

Sonicklism, the clip is one great fun. So many kiss scenes :sweatingbullets:

SJS smiled so much :wub:

Kim Ha Neul is really adorable, did you guys see how she was shaking her legs while laughing :lol:

Yoon Kye Sang seemed joking around a lot, almost every time he said something everybody cracked up, wish I could understand korean blush.gif

CoCo, me too, I thought SJS would wear something more special than just a formal suit, but he looks as handsome as ever :wub: . And thank so much for the trailer. Again so many kiss scenes between SJS an KHN... jealous jealous tongue2.gif . I think he had kissed her more than any actress he'd worked with. Kim Ha Neul is so lucky...

You're fanmade clip is wonderful, love every minute of Lee Jang Woo.

Mizzle, happy happy to see you here my little sister!

Your love for SJS must be as big as mine now :P

Only 3 days left and Road No. 1 will finally go on air.

I've heard that Comrades (weekend war drama just started airing at KBS) received about 16% of rating for its first episode. That's really awesome, didn't expect korean people like war drama that much. Now I have high hopes for Road No. 1, aja aja fighting oppa!!!!

Wave to all chingus!

Here DL link for Road No. 1 Section TV Interview http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNJAJMKS

Really can't stop laughing while watching :lol:

tv10061824.jpg

tv10061827.jpg

tv10061839.jpg

tv10061843.jpg

tv10061860.jpg

tv10061873.jpg

tv100618112.jpg

tv100618123.jpg

tv100618126.jpg

tv100618128.jpg

tv100618139.jpg

tv100618144.jpg

tv100618149.jpg

tv100618175.jpg

tv100618174.jpg

tv100618193.jpg

tv100618195.jpg

From DC

dear vudoolady :rolleyes: i try to made MV one .... use basic transit and effect he he ...^^ shy me ^^

Hug for sectionTV download n cappy .. uhmmmm more kiss scene -_-

Thanks dearest for more press con too . . . never bored for get them more n more n more :wub:

Road No.1 showcase Jun 18 --> http://haruharu-sjs.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

e38395e382a9e38388e382b.jpg

more pic credit from tag / via baidu ^^

0782e2ee863085002797917.jpg

a7a089eda4c39f0badafd57.jpg

a2964139ef7f1dd714cecb7.jpg

8dd8ef6ce80e85e780cb4a7.jpg

edc6484450d56a346a63e57.jpg

will offline for a week .... am so sad that i miss first epi ...

have a nice day for all ...

June 21, 2010

‘Road No. 1’ to feature war, love, comradeship

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

MBC will start airing the highly anticipated drama ``Road No.1'' this month and hopefully renew hope, love and sacrifice in the hearts of the viewers while commemorating the treacherous and devastating times.

The Korean War (1950-53) may have lasted three years, but it has left lasting scars on many during the 60 years since. Among them would be young and passionate lovers, who had to go through a separation they didn't see coming.

``Road No. 1'' hopes to highlight the sad story of such lovers, played by heartthrob So Ji-sub actress Kim Ha-neul and singer-turned-actor Yoon Kye-sang. Lee Jang-woo (played by So) and Kim Soo-yeon (played by Kim) are in love, but the Korean War tears them apart. Lee is forced to leave Kim to contribute to the war effort, and years later a note arrives for Kim telling her that the love of her life has died in battle. Struggling to move on, Kim meets officer Shin Tae-ho (played by Yoon) and decides to marry him and leave the past behind her. This takes a turn when Shin discovers that Lee is not only alive, but is in fact counting the days until he can return home and reunite with Kim, his lover.

The drama may be set in devastating times, but the bombs, guns and battlefields are not the only features of war that the makers had in mind.

The head producer Lee Jang-su, who became famous for his work ``Stairway to Heaven'' (SBS, 2003), joined fellow producer Lee Jin-min, known for his stylish scenes in the drama ``Time Between Dog and Wolf'' (2007), to add more drama and emotion to the sequences, while writer Han Ji-hoon from the film ``Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War'' (2003) managed to include movie-like battle scenes.

``We had two goals when we were planning the drama,'' director Lee Jang-su said during a press conference last week at Sangmyung University.

``First, we decided to work on something dealing with war since Korea was already famous for its romantic dramas in Asia. We thought the theme `war' would translate well not only in Asia but also in America and Europe. The second goal was to shed new light on the Korean War and also modern history for the younger generation who are only dimly aware of the tragedy over the years,'' Lee added.

Unlike other dramas which are filmed as they are aired, ``Road No.1'' was entirely pre-produced. It took three years and 13 billion won to complete the series, and the script was also finished completely before the start of filming. This is not common for Korean dramas, as writers and producers tend to change and edit their scripts and scenes along the way.

``Pre-production is something we have to follow in the future. Of course, this means we cannot change the script after listening to viewers' comments and feedback, but we managed to create a great drama in the end,'' Lee said.

The makers and writers had to fulfill their parts and match the deadline, but for the actors, the challenge was on an entirely different level.

``It was a grueling and hungry experience. We had to starve in order to experience the same pain our ancestors had to go through 60 years ago,'' Choi Min-su, who plays a South Korean general, said.

Fellow actors So and Yoon also explained their hardship in filming the war drama.

``There were a lot of dangerous scenes and whenever there was an explosion, we had to duck and try to avoid the flying dirt and debris,'' Yoon said.

Such dodging didn't secure everyone from damage, and So was injured in the eye after a dynamite scene while Yoon got numerous bruises all over his body.

For Kim, the intensity was more emotional than physical, and the 32-year-old actress expressed her excitement on working on such a big budget drama.

``This is my first period series, and I still remember the emotions I had when I was acting. I always wanted to play a character who longs for her lover,'' she said.

``When I laid in bed at night after a scene from the soap, I could still hear the director shouting `Cut! Okay,' and also all the noise around the set. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or not,'' Kim added.

Expectations are high, but the drama has some rough competition ahead. Fellow war drama ``Comrade'' (KBS) already began airing last week with successful ratings and positive feedback from viewers for its realistic war depiction and impeccable acting from the veteran actors. Beating the dramas during the Wednesday-Thursday time slot also looks tricky. SBS' ``Bad Boy'' has garnered fans with its cast including actor Kim Nam-gil and actress Han Ga-in, while ``Bread, Love and Dreams'' has captivated the younger crowd with its fun storyline and cast including Eugene and Yoon Si-yoon. Despite the pressure, the actors and crew are hoping for a successful ride, both in popularity and ratings.

``Of course ratings are very important! We've been through so much over the past few months, I do hope our drama will do better than the others,'' Kim said laughing.

``Road No. 1'' airs June 23 at 10 p.m. on MBC.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/06/201_67988.html

coco dear thanx for the showcase pix, im enveying the lucky japanese fans..im sooooooooooooooo digging Jisub's outfit ♥♥♥

willenette dear thanx for the interesting article ^^

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2988/img0946l.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1545/img0950g.jpg

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4069/img0951r.jpg

http:

credit on pic/DC

Hi Woundedheart, thanks for posting these photos. :lol:

June 21, 2010

Korean War retold in two new series

Sixty years have passed since the nightmare that was the Korean War broke out.

(skipped.....)

20100621001039_0.jpg

MBC spent 13 billion won to create “Road No. 1,” a drama that features intense battle scenes from the Korean War. LOGOS FILM

Namely, from what angle will the incident be explored? How will the work set itself apart from its successful predecessors? How will it fire the imaginations of a younger generation of viewers for whom the war is primarily an incident taught in history books?

Amid tension heightened by the tragic sinking of the corvette Cheonan and on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the Korean War, two new miniseries take a stab at retelling history.

KBS’ “Legend of the Patriots” pre-empted MBC’s long-awaited “Road No. 1” by airing its first episode on Saturday night.

The series nabbed nationwide viewer ratings of around 15 to 16 percent for its first two episodes, a good beginning for a series whose competition includes the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

The placing of the 20-episode series in a weekend timeslot saves it from direct friction with the Wednesday and Thursday night primetime slot that “Road No. 1” will be slipping into this week, a boon for “Legend of the Patriots,” whose production costs stand at an estimated 8 billion won ($6.6 million) – lower than the 13 billion won injected into “Road No. 1.”

Furthermore, “Road No. 1” boasts heavyweight Hallyu stars So Ji-sub and Kim Ha-neul, and former boy band member Yoon Kye-sang. The trio will fill out the “Pearl Harbor”-esque love triangle that will surely attract female viewers who might otherwise be turned off by the gruesome battle scenes.

(skipped.....)

On the flipside, “Road No. 1” shows all the signs of a success-in-the-making.

A massive budget, two major directors -- “Stairway to Heaven” director Lee Jang-soo and “Time Between Dog and Wolf” director Kim Jin-min -- and scriptwriter Hahn Ji-hun, who helped script “TaeGukGi: Brotherhood of War,” form the backbone of what promises to be a solid series.

Filming for the drama was completed over a period of six months, giving production plenty of time to amp up the grit and add gloss to the romance.

Most importantly, the combination of heavy-duty action and high stakes romance gives “Road No. 1” the ability to attract a wide audience, both domestic and international, both male and female.

“I think Korean dramas have a specific characteristic,” said “Road No. 1” actor Yoon Kye-sang at the drama’s press conference on Friday. “Because they portray truly ardent love, love of the kind that one can sacrifice oneself for, I think it gives overseas viewers the ability to dream, to sort of dream of a love like that.”

Yoon, whose character courts Kim Ha-neul’s heroine after she receives news that her sweetheart (played by So Ji-sub) is dead, added: “I watched the first two episodes of ‘Road No. 1’ and, wow, they (So’s and Kim’s characters) really love each other.”

Romance, however, is not the only kind of love to be featured in the upcoming series. While both Yoon and So play rivals for the affections of one woman, the two characters end up bonding and fostering feelings of brotherly love for one another.

“If I was a woman, really, I would have hit on him (So),” Yoon joked.

“While one shouldn’t use the word ‘love’ to describe one man’s feelings for another man, while filming, we bonded, and there are so many heartbreaking scenes,” bantered So. “The only thing we didn’t do was kiss.”

“I loved him (Yoon’s character) more, more than Soo-yeon (Kim Ha-neul’s character),” So added in jest.

Intense battle scenes, as showcased in the preview highlight reel, promise to balance out the romance and melodrama of “Road No. 1.”

Dirt flying from bombs exploding -- which according to actor Yoon, was recreated with real dynamite that was chopped up into bits -- trucks overturning, catching on fire, soldiers coughing up blood say that this is not a glorified, gentrified take on the war.

“Road No. 1” starts on Wednesday at 9:55 p.m. on MBC. 

“Legend of the Patriots” airs on KBS 1 TV on Saturdays and Sundays at 9:40 p.m.

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20100621000726

[PREVIEW] MBC TV series "Road No.1"

2010062209095542885_2.jpg

(From left) Actors So Ji-sub, Kim Ha-neul and Yoon Kye-sang pose for cameras at the press conference for TV series "Road No.1" held at Sangmyung University in Seoul, Korea on June 18, 2010. [photographed by Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

MBC "Road No.1"

- Written by Han Ji-hoon

- Directed by Lee Jang-soo, Kim Jin-min

- Starring: So Ji-sub (as Lee Jang-woo), Kim Ha-neul (Kim Soo-yeon), Yoon Kye-sang (Shin Tae-ho), Choi Min-soo (Yoon Sam-soo), Son Chang-min (Oh Jong-ki)

- In one sentence: A story that blooms like a wild flower after enduring the hurricane of Korean War

- Premiere date: June 23, 2010, 9:55 PM

Soo-yeon (played by Kim Ha-neul) has been dreaming of becoming a doctor while solely waiting for Jang-woo (played by So Ji-sub) to return alive. But she receives a letter -- one which informs her that Jang-woo has died in the war. Soo-yeon goes into denial and is tormented by the unbelievable news but as time passes, she gradually begins to accept Jang-woo's death as reality. As her last thread of hope of Jang-woo returning home wears thin, another man comes into Soo-yeon's life. Military school graduate and elite army officer Shin Tae-ho (played by Yoon Kye-sang) confesses his love for her and makes a marriage proposal. But then, Jang-woo, who had been presumed to be dead, miraculously returns home. Just when the two men are about to collide with each other, a gun battle breaks out on Youngchon Bridge and the country's history is changed forever as it reaches four a.m. on June 25...

Anticipation Quotient (1-10 points)

If "Charming So" and his small screen comeback make your eyes and nose watery - 9 points

Can the comradeship run thicker than love and survive till the end? - 6 points

MBC TV series "Road No.1" tells a love story that bloomed during the times of war. "Road No.1," which drew attention with the casting of So Ji-sub, Kim Ha-neul and Yoon Kye-sang, is a war melodrama that combines the grimness of war, as shown in MBC's drama "Eyes of Dawn" [MBC, 1991] and the melodramatic elements of SBS' "What Happened in Bali." Writer Han Ji-hoon, who penned war epics such as the film "Taegukgi" and "Road No.1," wrote about "the story of people who survived the war" under the main theme of love. Writer Han explained, "In the beginning, 'Taegukgi' was about a widower who could not find the remains for her dead beloved but it changed to a story about brothers. In this drama, I told the story of a widower with a long take."

It is a known fact that it took over three years to just plan and prepare to make "Road No.1," which has completed all of its filming before going on air with a 13 billion won production budget. The drama tells the story of three people who interact with each other over a long period, from the scene where a young Jang-woo, who is the son of a servant, has a secret crush on Kim Soo-yeon, the daughter of the master whose family was ruined to the major battles of Korean War and to their destiny sixty years later. Jang-woo, who was planning to marry Soo-yeon, and Tae-ho, who later falls in love with Soo-yeon, clash with each other over everything on the battlefield. But one is curious to see how convincingly "Road No.1" will deliver the complicated, intricate emotions of comradeship as the two battle through life and death experiences together. Kim Ha-neul expressed her anticipation for the series, saying "I could see how solid it was, to the extent that I wondered whether I would get to see such a script in the next 10 years." So Ji-sub, his face still glowing with excitement, said "I saw the first episode after it was edited and the quivering I felt watching it still hasn't faded away." Let us see how the love that bloomed out of the hurricane of the war and the comradeship will move our hearts when "Road No.1" premieres on MBC, at 9:55 p.m., on June 23.

Reporter : Won Sung-yoon

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010062209095542885

Guest khin myint

Here DL link for Road No. 1 Section TV Interview http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNJAJMKS

Really can't stop laughing while watching :lol:

I wonder :huh: what made them laugh soooooo hard :huh:

Phew.... sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif

I've been holding my breath.... phew.gifphew.gif

Love...love...love :wub: :wub:

Big, huge thanks to celebrities88, vudoolady, coco, my chingu, sinicklism and sis willenette for sharing all latest pics, videos and article..... Hug, big hugs to all... love ya..

Kissing scenes are hot, hot blush.gif

Gosh... made me crazy.. can't wait.

*wave* to all jisub fans....

[PHOTO] "Road No. 1" cast attend screening

2010062216501133843_1.jpg

From left, MBC TV series "Road No. 1" cast Kim Ha-neul, So Ji-sub and Yoon Kye-sang attend a premiere screening for MBC TV series "Road No. 1" held at a CJ CGV theater in Seoul, South Korea on June 22, 2010.

2010062216322063092_1.jpg

2010062216322063092_2.jpg

2010062216482717970_1.jpg

2010062218203712554_4.jpg

Photographer : Park Sung-Ki musictok@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest Leena651

MBC's Airing Schedule

Road1_official_1.jpg

Date & Episode

2010-June-23 - 1

2010-June-24 - 2

2010-Jun-30 - 3

2010-July-01 - 4

2010-July-07 - 5

2010-July-08 - 6

2010-July-14 - 7

2010-July-15 - 8

2010-July-21 - 9

2010-July-22 - 10

2010-July-28 - 11

2010-July-29 - 12

2010-Aug-04 - 13

2010-Aug-05 - 14

2010-Aug-11 - 15

2010-Aug-12 - 16

source: MBC/Korea.com

image credit as tagged

Guest mizzle23

Mizzle, happy happy to see you here my little sister!

Your love for SJS must be as big as mine now :P

love u too ^^

--------------------------

i had watched Ep1 of this drama, Road No.1

it's great!

beautiful scene...

good acting....

there're many romantic scene between Subbie and Kim Ha Neul :X

but the scenes of war is not making me satisfied

waiting for the next Ep of drama

mg8574.jpg

luv it

pls check in Road No.1 Thread

wave to all ^__^

willenette dear thanx for the articles ^^

2uss wonderful wally thanx for sharing ^^

Hi woundedheart, thanks for posting more photos during the drama's screening. :lol:

First Part of Road No. 1 OST

Singer Hwanhee sings the first song of the Road No. 1 OST

Hwany_Road1OST_2010.jpg

바람이 되어서라도 (I Become the Wind) -- is the theme song for Lee Jang Woo (So Jisub)

Downlink - 바람이 되어서라도 - I Become the Wind

Source/credit: Jenpoo/mbcnews

Hi hmonggirl30', thanks for sharing the OST. D/L this right now, hope it works for me. :lol:

June 24, 2010

With a star-studded season, let the fall TV tussle begin

[Talk of the town]

23221744.jpg

If you haven’t been fighting over the remote with your family, the drama lineup for the latter half of this year will make you do so.

The start of this torrid TV tangle is the MBC drama “Road No. 1,” which commenced yesterday. The Korean War story line is portrayed by the former boy band leader Yoon Kye-sang, actor So Ji-seob and actress Kim Ha-neul.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Hannah Kim, Contributing writer

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2922233

*** I like the song. Just heard & listened to it this morning. Again, thanks hmonggirl30 for sharing here the downloadable link, I was able to D/L it. It sounds so good. I like his voice, too. This drama looks so full of action. It's amazing as it looks. :lol:

Hwanhee sings for the Road No. 1 OST

20100623_hwanheeroadno1ost_1.jpg

Part 1 of the Road No. 1 OST has been released today featuring former Fly to the Sky member Hwanhee. This track is titled By Becoming The Wind and themed after So Ji Sub’s character, Lee Jang Woo, and sings of love that can’t be divided.

*** Listen to the song here :

Road No. 1 is a new MBC drama starring talented actors So Ji Sub, Kim Ha Neul, Yoon Kye Sang, Choi Min Soo, and Song Chang Min. This drama is based on events that occured around “Route 1″ during the Korean War. Filming for this drama began in January and was recently completed before airing.

Here’s the extended trailer for the drama:

It is said that Baek Ji Young and Hwanhee will also be singing on the Road No. 1 OST. So be on the lookout for some hot ballad tracks to be released!

20100623_hwanheeroadno1ost_2.jpg

Source : allkpop

Guest khin myint

more pix from today's special screening of "Road No. 1" held at CJ CGV theatre in Seoul ^^

Thanks to my dear wilenette, my chingu and all for sharing pics, wally, video,download link & article.

Lucky fans to see him in person :rolleyes:

He is so hot , hot :wub: :wub: I wonder what he carry in the back bag :huh:

*wave* to all....