So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest sonickim

Hehe, okay then, TC. I'll post something quick before I go to bed, then.

Oh dear...I just realized that I don't know how to take pics off of Word... :huh::blink::o

Edit: Ha, problem fixed!

Posted by Thunderbolt on Hotelier2002 on Tuesday, June 28, 2005:

Singing Jisub

sjssings0jx5py.gif

sjssings25ti9ry.gif

sjssings38sd9jv.gif

oh Dahee..... super BIG Thanks.... i just love this gif...its one of my fave.... singing Ji Sub.... :D :D

Guest skyelee21

I sincerely hope these haven't been posted yet...

photo4156.jpg

^ I like a smiling Ji Sub... always.

photo4159.jpg

photo9012.jpg

^ The colors here are very nice. I like this pic.

* credits to hancinema.net

Guest Thursday

Lovely pictures, skyelee21 and izzat!

Here are some more big pictures...

sc16yt.jpg

sc23cw.jpg

sc36in.jpg

credit: posted by pocky at popcornfor2.com / shared by by RmC at Hotelier 2002 on June 16, 2005

thanks everyone for all the photos

dear TC: i am around and ready to help you! agree with you , you have lots of photos to post!

:D

Guest Thursday

Sorry to keep you waiting, Peggie, my chingu. My sister was late getting home and we just finished dinner now...

More Airwick CF photos...

credit: posted by pocky at popcornfor2.com / shared by by RmC at Hotelier 2002 on June 16, 2005

sc48sc.jpg

sc56ic.jpg

sc106mp.jpg

I love that smile! I wish it were me he was bestowing that smile on...

dear TC: how can i help you!

i dont know if i should post more photos, since i might overlap your part!

edit:i got some photos, dont think have been posted here!

Guest Dahee Fanel

On Tuesday, June 28, Thunderbolt posted the following on Hotelier2002:

Dear JSAs

Talented Alley (Youngsosa) has just released another MV. It's called "Someday" and it shows the long road Jisub has walked to get to the Baeksang Best Actor Award. It includes scenes from all his dramas as well as CLWR and Miss HipHop & Mr Rock. I had tears in my eyes when I watched it, especially the part where he was receiving the Baeksang award.

Don't miss this MV. It's really beautiful and touching. Prisci, have you watched it? If you have, can you tell me what Jisub is saying at the beginning of the MV?

For now, the only link I have is from this clubbox:

http://clubbox.co.kr/hdjoing

There's another MV in that clubbox and it's also by Alley. I can't read the Korean title but it looks like a "new" fan version of TYOL, hehe. The MV has General Ari but instead of the princess, we see Park Ye-jin (Young-joo, WHIB). And instead of TYOL or WHIB music, we get DAMO! Lots and lots of Ari in this MV by Alley.

thunder

Prisci replied:

At the beginning, he's saying:

I think it feels good to be at the top, but I think it's hard to stand once you're up there. If that happens as one expects, anyone would do it. That's why I'll try my best. In order to be aknowledged... I will work hard, really...

In following scenes, we see his now famous 1997 words reminding us the tears and sweat he had to endure:

Instead of being suddenly cast as the main character from the beginning

And being in the spot light,

I’d rather walk up the ladder one step at a time

And thus I will stand on center stage.

Only if I understand

How hard it is to walk up that road

Will I be able to stimulate my hoobaes (the younger generation).

And be a friend without self-conceit.

And many, many more of his short but to the point answers were quoted... which reminded us of the fighting spirit in him and yet the honesty as well...

This is the link Boola provided at Soompi:

http://www.sojisub.com.cn/vod/download/Someday.wmv

This MV reminds me of one of my favorite movies ever, Chariots of Fire... This has the feel of an Olympic Marathon, where the runner is none other than So*Ji*Sub, surrounded by crowd of witnesses~ us. And... Someday... we shall stand together!

I was trying to find an emoticon that would describe how I'm feeling now, after watching this, but I gave up. I feel I need to give a moment of silence instead... for I am... SPEECH~ LESS...

Izzat posted this picture, also on Tuesday, June 28:

izzattuesjune287ic.jpg

And in turn, RmC posted this picture:

rmctuesjune282se.jpg

In reply, Thunderbolt posted this:

Hehe, JSA 13, speaking of kisses, here's one MV that we can watch a gazillion times and never tire of it... Presenting Jisub and his flying kisses!

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~bikadema/free/jisublove.wmv

(credit: cafe.daum.net/sojs)

Warning: if you have never watched the above clip before, it's scorching HOT!!

Guest ShadyzLady

hello there!

i just wanna ask if u guys think that the series "sweet proposal" is worth buying (although sjs isnt really the lead male)?

anyone have seen the series?

Guest Thursday

Hello, ShadyzLady,

I like Delicious Proposal. So Ji Sub wasn't the leading man, but his role is important and you could see the transfomation in the character as the drama went on...

I enjoyed the cooking scenes...

...and the dialogue...

cooking is compared to love...

Here's what I got from koreanwiz.org about the drama...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delicious Proposal

Mashinun Chunghon

MBC Miniseries (2001) - 16 episodes

For Korean website, click here

Aired on KBFD-TV: 3/28/01 - 5/17/01

Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00-9:00

Cast:

Kim Hyo-dong: Jung Jun (Like Father, Unlike Son)

Jang Hee-ae: Son Yae Jin (Summer Scent)

Ma Shin-ae: Soh Yu Jin (Fox & Cotton Candy)

Jang Hee-moon (Hee-ae's brother): So Ji Sub (Glass Slipper)

Kim Kap-su (Hyo-dong's father): Park Geun Hyung (Stock Flower)

Jang Tae-Kwang (Hee-ae's father): Kim Yong Gun (Four Sisters)

__ (Hee-ae's mom): Sun Woo Yong Nyeo (Heart of Lies)

Hong Judy (Hee-moon's friend): Hong Soo Hyun (Like Father, Unlike Son/Tender Hearts)

Master Chinese Chef: Kim Se Jun (Snowflakes)

Yun Chil-sung (Hyo-dong's uncle): Park Kwang Jung (Stockflower/Popcorn)

Kim ____ (Hyo-dong's aunt): Lee Hye Sook (One Million Roses)

Yun Mimi (Hyo-dong's cousin): __

__ Jun-su (Hyo-dong's friend): Ji Sung (Days in the Sun)

Cho Pang-dal (Golden Dragon chef): Jung Won Joong (Winter Ballad)

chef who taught Hyo-dong's dad: Kim In Moon (Hotelier/First Love)

Delivery guy: Kwon Sang Woo (Stairway to Heaven)

Summary: Hyo-dong, the son of a struggling Chinese restaurant owner, falls in love with Hee-ae, who unbeknownst to Hyo-dong is the daughter of a ruthless rival who is out to destroy his father's restaurant. Hyo-dong and Hee-ae are in the same cooking class as Shin-ae, a poor girl who dreams of owning a successful restaurant despite having a tough life.

Factoid: Son Yae Jin made her debut in this TV drama. She was coached by her upper classman and good friend, Kim Ha Neul (who starred in Secret).

Variations of drama name:

Delicious Proposal (title used by KBFD-TV)

Sweet Proposal (title used in Malaysia)

Tasty Courtship

Tasteful Proposal of Marriage

Maht Eet Neun Chung Hon

Copyright 2001 - 2005 KoreanWiz.org All rights reserved.

updated 7/17/05

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you go to koreanwiz and look at this page, they direct you to another page where this article is found:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TV drama `Tasty Courtship` cooks up high ratings

MARCH 07, 2001 13:07

by Kang Soo-Jin (sjkang@donga.com)

``Tasty Courtship,`` an MBC drama about two families that operate rival Chinese food restaurants, is currently enjoying great popularity with local audiences.

The drama, aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m., was recently shown to be drawing 28 percent of the viewing audience in its time slot. The current storyline involves a full-fledged Chinese food showdown between ``Hyodong-gak,`` a small restaurant owned by protagonist Hyo-Dong (actor Chung Jun), and deluxe eatery ``Hwanggumryong (Golden Dragon).``

``Tasty Courtship`` was originally planned as a 16-episode miniseries but the positive response from viewers, who flooded the MBC Internet site with messages praising the show, could mean that it becomes a permanent addition to the network`s lineup.

One reason for the show`s popularity, according to critics, is that rather than focusing on the love stories of its twentysomething characters, ``Tasty Courtship`` traces their paths to becoming first-class chefs. While most dramas tend to examine the lives of children of business tycoons, elite graduates of prestigious universities or venture businessmen, ``Tasty Courtship`` takes ordinary high school graduates as its main characters.

Another secret of show`s popularity is its inclusion of cooking scenes where the principals make mouth-watering Chinese dishes like ``jajangmyon,`` ``rajogi (fried seasoned chicken),`` ``lemon tangsuyuk,`` and ``bichi dumpling soup.``

In fact, producing these scenes are the biggest challenge for the makers of ``Tasty Courtship,`` who spend twice as long on them as they do on other scenes on the show and have to seek the advice of renowned local chefs to get everything just right. They even have to employ genuine chefs to do the onscreen cooking, although in the final product only the hands of these Chinese cuisine artists appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is said that the drama is sought after now because many members of the cast were newbies here and are now not only very popular but had improved tremendously in their acting... Of course, foremost of that is Jisub...

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Now that's hot. :P

(Post, TC, post away!)

The following account of meeting Jisub was written by peggiehsu, and posted by Thunder on Hotelier2002 on Wednesday, June 29:

hi everyone, we are peggie and tracey , we are boola's friends who just visiting mapo yesterday! honestly speaking, my happiness after seeing jisub is really beyond description!still feeling very uplifting up to now!

i was too nervous to to get enoughsleep the nite before visiting mapo but i still got up around 6 am ! there were 8 of us went to mapo on monday moring,it was raining like mad , i got a bit scared if jisub didnt show up in the moring, since the HK fan kathy didnt see jisub at first!

it took about 20 mins from my place to mapo,i arrived at mapo about 7:20am ,there have been another 3 fans lining up at the door already! they told us to join the line and taking photos is not allowed,therefore i didnt even take a single photo of jisub,however these 3 girls just cheat on me,i guess they did take a lot of shots! it was really a pity for me!! :tears:

jisub is taking a white car to mapo,he bend his head down as soon as he got off the car probably he didnt expect to see so many fans in the early moring,he seems very shy also! he's body is very fit,he looks quite slim in the real life to me! as soon as he walk to the door all the fan just run to he,he start to shake hand with all of us,in fact, some of fan were really rough,try to push me aside,i nearly miss my chance to shake hand with him,i just quickly shake hand then hanged my gift(pineaple cake popular snack from taiwan) on his wrist(i hope i didnt hurt him since the bag is a bit heavy and the way i hanged was not so gentle due to stubid pple try to push me aside,i was in a rush, hope all of you will forgive me ) jisub's hand is a bit bony and soft to me! not as warm as i expected,i guess he was very nervous surrounding by more then 20 fans in the moring,so he 's hand is quite cold. i was so thrilled to see he in person,he is not a photogenic person to me coz he is much more handsome in real life! his eye is so attractive ,i really saw sparkle in his eye.i am getting more and more attached to him after looking into his eye! :

i definitely will visit mapo again in the near future!next time will try my best to get his signature!!!

so who ever going to mapo please take my advice,no need to wait for jisub at the door, since saturn onni told my sister just go up to send floor to wait for him near the cash point ,his office is next to (wookri bank),i guess if i had went up to second floor i would have get jisub's autograph,so folks please dont listen to anybody else,my advice surely lead you to see ji sub in a very close distance!

he's office building is on the right hand side of the main building ,just get in from the rear door instead of the front door of the building! by the way, just want to say thankyou to saturn onni who always being so accomdating and helpful to us! also thank you to all the pple who always update constant information on jisub and do the translation for the thread! i do very appreciate! :rolleyes: apologize that just surfing on the thread instead of doing any contribution ! we will try to be helpful in the future:w00t:

from jisub die hard fan peggie and tracey

Saturn's reply was posted by Prisci:

Didn't I tell you?

Jisub is 1000000 times handsomer in real life.

All fans, reporters, directors, staffs feel sorry for the incapability of the the camera which cannot hold his beauty 100%.

Guest luckycarrienew

Hehe, okay then, TC. I'll post something quick before I go to bed, then.

Oh dear...I just realized that I don't know how to take pics off of Word... :huh::blink::o

Edit: Ha, problem fixed!

Posted by Thunderbolt on Hotelier2002 on Tuesday, June 28, 2005:

Singing Jisub

sjssings0jx5py.gif

sjssings25ti9ry.gif

sjssings38sd9jv.gif

And a couple of lovely wallpapers from Youngsosa:

sjswallie15gz0wm.th.gif

sjswallie24xf9vi.th.jpg

he looks like a good singer~~~~~~~~~~~ :lol: :lol:

Guest Dahee Fanel

Prisci posted the following on Hotelier2002 on June 28:

[[NEWS]] [DC Inside] SJS Gallery 6th Moths Anniversary “Marathon!”

From Youngsosa Cafe, News Section, Article 2935, 2005-06-28

Posted by Mara, Translated by Priscilla

priswedjune291db.jpg

This coming July 3rd will mark 6th months anniversary after the opening of DC Inside SJS Gallery. The Netizens are drawing public attention with the special event they have prepared.

SJS Gallery was opened on January 3rd, following after many netizens’ request. SJS’s rising popularity after the drama “I’m Sorry I Love You” gave birth to this. There already existed a few female artist’s galleries, such as Moon Goon Yeong’s, but SJS’s gallery was the first male artist’s.

After he enlisted in the army, the fear arose that the Gallery’s activities may soon die down. However, SJS Gallery’s netizens continued showing their support by constantly sharing their mutual love and by organizing big events. And now, 6 months have passed

Presently, the netizens at SJS Gallery are preparing a “Military Marathon” (*not sure if this is right *). The type of ‘running’ event they’re planning is not a real track running, but postings at the free boards. They are planning on postings many diverse comments related to So Ji Sub and to bombard those comments with exciting replies.

prisciwedjune292rq.jpg

The netizen “PukGa” who came up with this idea already revealed what she will be posting (what she will be running for ^^). […]

Many “designers” are also planning on participating: “OPEN RACE DAY! Survival sprinter, no one can stop us! We invite you all to come to this exciting stadium!” “If you want to be remembered by him RUN! So Ji Sub’s silently net surfing right now!” With such titles, the netizens are expecting a real run on this day.

priscillawedjune292wg.jpg

And this will be the PRIZE for the winner!

priscillawedjune2924sj.jpg

Guest Thursday

I do hope Dahee is asleep now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serious (and young) Jisub...

sjs2094wo.jpgsjs2102hf.jpg

sjs2119cf.jpgsjs2126zy.jpg

Credit: Yahoo! Korea // shared by Thunder at Hotelier 2002 on June 20, 2005

Guest Thursday

I love the Moo-Chae couple... and here's a favorite candid shot...

Teaser: Did they go shopping together?

1110189310_soim.JPG

Credit: lovejisub.com .....posted by 心山己 shared by Eloise at Hotelier 2002 on June 20, 2005.

Guest luckycarrienew

I love the Moo-Chae couple... and here's a favorite candid shot...

Teaser: Did they go shopping together?

1110189310_soim.JPG

Credit: lovejisub.com .....posted by 心山己 shared by Eloise at Hotelier 2002 on June 20, 2005.

Thursday'~~~~~~~~so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx for sharing

laura^^waving~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :lol: