So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

florice those side profile pics amazin thanks :lol:

hi laura ur member number so cun huh.can buy 4D.jus jokin :lol:B)

aigo..rochinpsrk...

i dun get what you say...

T_T

i luph 3,6,9!!!!

oops sorry OTT..

yeah chinggu the thread's quite today...

:(

[Daily Joong Ang 2004/Feb/27]

If I open my eyes ... So Ji Sub

From drama 'Happening in Bali' He melts women's heart with his eye light.

jisubside13at.jpg

Wow this guy smiles. Could he smile such softly? He just made a slight smile on his mouth, but that was mightier than any man's loud laughing.

Who did make me be this bubbling over? It's So Ji Sub (27) who is melting women's heart with casting his eyes down, just as thinking the life is ridiculous.

This drama goes over 16 episodes, but I couldn't find his bright smile. Just a sneer ridiculing a person, or sad smile pressing all his anger. But nobody blame him, people just sympathy him as "He couldn't help but doing that way". That is his attractiveness and the source of his popularity. He never explain in detail, but he can show his heart.

After long rest, he chose 'Happening in Bali'. It has few dialogs, but not easy at all. At first he chose this because the script writers are the same people who wrote 'Love for thousand years', he already worked together.

The scriptwriter warned " No acting, no words, just say with your eyes. It must be very hard to do." SJS is successfully expressing poor but ambitious Inwook's hurt and love without saying "I hate you" or "I love you", without shouting or screaming.

He has perfect face and body, as he is from athlete(swimming), but he is no more just one of the flower guys. He is becoming a real actor. From 'Love for thousand years', the writer estimated him at high score, saying "Finding SJS was the best harvest of this drama." Masscom focused more at Kim Nam Jin who co-stared at 'love for thousand years'.

But this time, viewers properly focus on SJS, his attractiveness and his acting ability.

Just like showing what 'love and hatred' is, all characters have multi personality. Soojung loves Inwook, but she falls into rich Jaemin's nest and becomes his doll. Youngjoo never loves Jaemin, but she marries Jaemin just with obstinacy and pride. Jaemin is attached to Soojung, but says he can't marry her.

Most of all, Inwook has more alternate feeling. He missed Soojung a lot, but when Soojung confess "I missed you", He doesn't turn to her and hold her, instead, he makes a cold words "So? what should I do?" and just passes beside her. Love but can't step to, just hurt her, who else can act better than So Ji Sub ?

htm20040226160603300038000019h.jpg

So Ji Sub always says " It's hard for me to act, I want to do this way, but I act in that way. I can't satisfy my acting. Inwook is so similar to me, more difficult to act. "

Yes, his personality and home environment are similar to Inwook.

10 years, any person should be changed to the bottom in the entertainment world. But SJS is still titled as 'introspective' 'lack of sociability'. For years, his freinds list still have only Song Seung hun, Kwon Sang Woo, Park Yong Ha.

Is that reason? when talking about acting, his eyes are twinkling brightly, but says "Acting seems not my job." He knows, he must go out amusement show programs and break himself to advertise his drama or movie. But he doesn't do, he can't do. Because he knows it, he may think he is an eternal outsider of this entertainment world.

"I like the practical acting like Son Hyunjoo (old acter), I want to do such acting when getting older."

With this word, I can find a hope. I hope I can see gentle old actor So Ji Sub.

Writer=Ahn Hyeri, photo=Kwon Hyukjae

http://news.joins.com/society/200402/26/20...0038003810.html

(translated by saturn; reposted by thunder at hotelier2002)

Guest thunderbolt

Thanks for posting the long articles. Always love to read anything about Jisub. The longer, the better!! The articles will also help newbies learn more about our guy. Thanks for the hard work, everyone! *muark!*

20 Days to Jisub's Birthday (Nov 4). 22 Days to the celebration party (Nov 6).

2003/05/19

[sTAR INTERVIEW] SBS "Thousand Year of Love" Kim Nam Jin's facial appeal

200305190244_2.jpg

This is one of the review on TYOL by (Priscilla at hoteiler2002) which i find it worthy to be read by all jisub fans!

One of the articles mentioned that "SJS has called the writer of TYOL saying: This is Kang In Chul calling." This surprised everyone who knew him... "The quiet SJS calling the writer to discuss about his character?" The fans thought it was funny how he said 'this is Kang In Chul' instead of SJS.... Neways, according to the article, SJS couldn't understand the character of KIC saying: "I don't understand why IC keeps on dreaming in his sleep that he's Ari." The writer just told him it's because he's falling in love with the Princess and he keeps on thinking that she loves Ari?... (can't remember, I read so many articles...)

To me, this was a shocker. WHY? Cuz I had always thought that KIC was the reincarnation of ARI, and that was the reason the drama was called like that... a love overcoming the 1400 years of gap... And I had thought that Ari kept popping up in IC's sleep because he was subconsciously 'remembering.' But to find out that the writer had made IC to be unrelated to ARI, that's new... and really, I AINT happy with it! But then again, reporters many times make so many mistakes, I can't be sure if even this is right. I find myself laughing at the fact I'm writing this, even though I'm not sure if this is true or not.

SPOILER!!!

BTW, I just watched episode 10, and there is this part where Kim Nam Jin's character's beating up a gangster (thinking he has the Princess) and SJS's In Chul's there, trying to 'intermediate' and gets beat up also.

Right after, the 2 of them are laying on the floor with swollen faces, and In Chul tells his rival: "Do you know why I don't fight like you? Don't you think I can fight like you do? It's just that I don't have the money to pay for damages..."

THIS was another interesting discovery. All the time I had thought Kang In Chul didn't know how to fight, that he was a wimp. But to find that he was consciously restraining himself because he knew how unbending was the rule in Korea towards those who use their fist, that many times it was either you pay or go to jail. Wow! So KIC was not such an air-head afterall! He did 'think'!!! Funny though, that he'd be doing THAT!

In another article about the writers, they(I think it was 'they' here, working with his wife?, while in WHIB is a 'he') were saying they were really satisfied with all the casts since they all followed the script religiously without complaining. [My thoughts: of course they HAVE to say that!!! But honestly, except for SJS, the cast failed to deliver] And then, almost at the end of the article, they devoted one entire paragraph on SJS, saying that they were mostly happy to have found So Ji Sub the actor, who took this unattractive character who didn't have money, nor talents, nor intelligence, and all he had was 'stubbornness.' Not many actor's would like to play such a character, but SJS delivered it so well.

I had mentioned this before, that many articles kept on wondering 'why' this drama's rating was rising while the plot so messy. In one article I found, it said that this drama site had 63,000 posts, almost the same amount of post as ALL IN (64,000 posts), a drama that had an average of 40% rating and with a total of 24 episodes.

Anyways, in another article, they were trying to figure the 'hidden' mystery of the success of this drama, compared to less say.... its competing drama back then, ALCOHOL LAND (starring Kim Jae Won and Kim Min Jung). The article ended up saying that although AL had more star power, the characters didn't touched viewers as much as TYOL did with all its colorful fashion and interesting plot. And of course... I read this at Youngsosa Cafe, where SJS's fans were in voice saying they watched this drama ONLY because of SJS... but they kept saying: "Hey, I think we were too quiet... we should have voiced our opinions louder...."

AS YOU CAN TELL, this is a sort of summary of the many articles I read on TYOL. I don't like doing this (without backing up with sources) cuz I realize a wrong information can go around far and fast, and become twisted. But really, it was either this or NOT SAY anything at all... the thought of just thinking to translate aaaalll those articles would make my Korean hair grow curly...

Here comes a couple of very old pics of Jisub in October 1995. He won a bronze medal in the Nationals for the breaststroke event. Video of the event:

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/sjs/happytime_boyswimmer.asf

Jisub 10 years ago:

happytimeboyswimmer8di.jpg

(credit:saturn reposted by thunder at hotelier2002)

woah..where did u get the pic!!! he was a swimmer rite??

he's a healthy guy!! hope he's doing good in the army! =)

[Daily Joong Ang 2004/Feb/27]

If I open my eyes ... So Ji Sub

From 'Love for thousand years', the writer estimated him at high score, saying "Finding SJS was the best harvest of this drama."

yes indeed.

he really can attract viewers with just his eyes.

his eyes can talk.

though i dont really like the drama - WHIB however, it is ji sub's acting that enables me to finish this whole thing.

haha...able to know about this talented and charismatic actor is also the best harvest in my life :P

Thanks for posting the long articles. Always love to read anything about Jisub. The longer, the better!! The articles will also help newbies learn more about our guy. Thanks for the hard work, everyone! *muark!*

20 Days to Jisub's Birthday (Nov 4). 22 Days to the celebration party (Nov 6).

wow! 20/22 more days...

how i wish i can be there to celebrate with him :(

yes indeed.

he really can attract viewers with just his eyes.

his eyes can talk.

though i dont really like the drama - WHIB however, it is ji sub's acting that enables me to finish this whole thing.

haha...able to know about this talented and charismatic actor is also the best harvest in my life :P

hi EANcUR: it is really amazing that he has the ability to speak volume through his eye!

********************************************************************************

THANKSGIVING…Written by So Ji Sub

Posted on 2005.06.13 @ Youngsosa Cafe

It’s been so long. I wonder if you’ve forgotten me since I’ve been hiding so much? ^^

Everything you sent me so far… I’m very thankful.

The lunch boxes, they were so carefully made that I felt sorry to eat them just like that…

I wasn’t able to express this back then, how much I appreciated all that.

Lately, I’m exercising and studying ^^ and I’m enjoying myself daily thanks to you all.

The weather’s becoming hotter so take care of your health.

I’d like Youngsosa to remain like this always…

Ah~~! By the way, I thank you all for being there during the Baekang^^~~~

Be always happy and continue loving again and again…

Always on the receiving end… So Ji Sub…

(And he uploaded many, many Giant pictures he took!!!)

***Translated by Priscilla

Guest lee ji woo

hi rmc: just now, i was too panic to hit the image botton! however i presume some boola's links are not activate anymore!

************************************************************************************

here comes my best jisub photos

4214822_248x303.jpg

(credit:izzat at hotelier2002)

thses are really awesome black & white pics peggie...I've always had a weakness for b&W photos. if anyone else has any B&W photos of Ji Sub kindly post them here for me please...I need them for my new siggy pleaseeee....thanks! :D

General Ari awaits...

th_577-12_20030317155856.jpg

(credit:rmc at Hotelier2002)

I :wub: him in the costume...so convincingly handsome! :wub:

the photo of jisub shooting TYOL

th_themaking.jpg

(credit:rmc at hotelier2002)

I can't help but feel so jealous over this girl in this scene right here <_< i'm sure i'm not the only one :P

thses are really awesome black & white pics peggie...I've always had a weakness for b&W photos. if anyone else has any B&W photos of Ji Sub kindly post them here for me please...I need them for my new siggy pleaseeee....thanks! :D

Dear lee ji woo,

We are the same. I really love b & w pics. I have a small collection. Enjoy :D

047se0jp.png033bf2xy.png[

41e408d2b2db82bs.gif

41e40627f92d90lh.jpg

0371sz5kv.jpg

412ac777aa8607ze.jpg

050228200179rz.gif

Dear lee ji woo,

We are the same. I really love b & w pics. I have a small collection. Enjoy :D

hi Goy : thanks for those B&W photos

hi Lee ji woo: if you scoll back to previous pages, you might be able to find more B&W photos! :rolleyes:

************************************************************************************

This is another review of TYOL by( RMC at hotelier2002) , it is worth reading too!

SPOILERS ALERT!**** SPOILERS ALERT!*** dont continue reading if you havent watched TYOL yet...

it was quite a dandy experience to have been able to watch A Thousand Years of Love...i have to ask dear saturn or Prisci, why does TYOL thread have only 10 pages??? didnt the audience like that series of SJS? how did it rate BTW? sorry for being ignorant about it.. i may have again forgotten things ive read about it in this thread..

ok.. here are my thoughts...

after shedding rivers of tears in BALI and MISA, it was a relief to watch our dear Jisub in a comic role.. though it took me several minutes to digest his role (especially his look) as Kang In Chul. i was so used to seeing him in serious, intense, brooding roles... BUT, i found some similarities between KIC and In Wook, also with Moo Hyuk, which i will mention later...

SJS as KIC is a struggling designer, flamboyant in his wardrobe (which is always a joy to see!) flowery shirts, geometric abstracts, neons and pastels, painted and embellished jeans, plus colorful finger bands/warmers are what composes this fellow's ensemble.. (i just looove those rolled scarves that came out in the last 3 episodes!)and oooh.. i almost forgot, he is OBSSESSED with shiny specs!

How would i describe Kang In Chul's personality?

KIC is like Moo Hyuk---crude, rude, discourteous, rustic and has temper outbursts and often times makes sharp remarks. He mistreats his co-designer and business partner (who remains loyal to him despite this).. he was harsh on the Princess too.. leaving her outside the mall, snapping on her "ignorance", stealing her necklace..

KIC is like In Wook--- barbarious though he is, KIC was susceptible to the Princess beauty and love's fickle bite as anyone.. so when he finally openly showed his feelings for the Princess, he had after all, a soft side in him...he was tender, passionate, he took care of her, made her dresses, cooked for her, served her food, was overprotective of her...

SJS as ARI is a Lieutenant General who became the Princess' bodyguard.. strong and valiant.... vowed to keep the Princess out of harm's way.. LION-hearted.. just watching him (even in those precious few minutes) made me want to be a damsel in distress! Im not interested in period dramas but after seeing SJS as Ari, made me reconsider...

i would like to describe the other characters as well but maybe i'll do that in the TYOL thread... anyways, the girl that played Eun Bae was for me looked like a prettier version of Attic Cat's Jung Da Bin... Kim Nam Jin's large 2 front teeth bothered me and he was a bit stiff in his acting (was this his first series?) and the Princess was really very pretty.. she cried like every 10 minutes... she cried as many times as there were fistfights and beatings in the series. (and so i thought BALI had the most fist fights that ive seen!)

MY FAVORITE SCENE? Boola dear you've mentioned the elevator scene already.. i LOVE that too! but i also liked the part when KIC was asking Kungju if she missed him when he followed them in Japan. And the bed scenes??? WAAAAAHHH! i hate the Princess so much! She slept with both Ari and In Chul!

Other SJS memorable scenes: *

the now famous bubblebath scene of KIC, also the bath scene when the Princess accidentally walked in KIC taking a shower

* KIC having a haircut (for me this was unforgettable since i was agonizing for 8 episodes with that ugly rooster hair of his!)

* KIC dancing crazily on the dancefloor ("Whoops, There it is!..")

* drunk KIC dancing with Eun Bae.. my jaw dropped when he hugged her snuggly.. (reminded me of the articles ive read about his hugs, just as passionate as his kisses!) also, the kiss he had with Eun Bae..

* KIC teaching the Princess how to vacuum, brush her teeth, use the john, PUT on a BRA! (Boola mentioned this before too!)

* KIC lets the Princess try on a peach dress, he first asks her to turn around for him and then he says, "Wait, no. I'LL turn around.." and then he starts to move around her to check how the dress looks on her..

* the times KIC said "saranghae.." (*faints*)

Prisci, Boola, and all the others who have seen TYOL, i have a question thats been NAGGING me.. hope you can help me out..

How come Tatsuji has this green puppy cellfone accessory thingy hanging on his phone? its sooooo UNmanly if you ask me! HAHAHA! just kidding!

Seriously guys--- WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT LAST SCENE MEANT? Kang In Chul took the necklace and said that he would look for the Princess at Nambuyeo.. was he really going after the Princess? i remember TF's mom saying the Princess needed the necklace for her to be able to go back.. and the diary too.So he had a way of going to her? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?

oh wow.. didnt realize ive posted this long already (my very first LONG post!) im glad that this time i didnt rack my brains out like i did watching Bali.. this time, SJS was in a series with no complicated and twisted plots, no conflicts that needed analysis and meditation. TYOL is a respectable light comedy that every SJS fan shouldnt miss!

Guest superstarr_mel

I just finished watching MISA today, and it was because of MISA, that I discovered what a talent and a rare gem SJS is! I think MISA's success and popularity owes a huge part to SJS, because without him, MISA would not be the MISA we know it to be.

I agree with all of you, his eyes do speak volumes, and just looking at them is enough to captivate you.

I hope he gets more roles after his army stint... I'm already a big fan of his.

Guest Greentea

Nice drawing!!! Can I ask if you did this yourself? Wish I can draw like that... Can I save this into my comp? Thanks!

No, i didnt draw it. I got it from other website :lol: