少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest splendidlure

I feel bad for Jessica. She got stuck w/ the worst hairstyle.

Hyoyeon actually looks better with blonde/brown hair.

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please guys, do not post one liners. It's spam.

The Music Core comeback stage sounds promising already. I'm so glad they got to perform Way To Go as well, I freaking love that song. Pop-Rock is refreshing in today kpop's music and their voices sound great in that song.

And apparently, the girls might use the rollerskates for their comeback. And to quote Bug from Soshified, it's similar to how they used the lollipops for Kissing You. Do not take it literally, I don't think they'd perform waving the rollerskates but more like they will ... skate somewhere ? O_O Anyway. Believe it or not.

I wouldn't doubt it, if they're going to be pre-recording 'Gee' then I'm almost sure SM wants to make it as big and grand as possible for a comeback stage and well they didn't showcase the skates for the album so why not do it for their first stage? 'Himnae' is going to be performed live and I doubt they would take that chance and skate during that performance, Gee, maybe, esp with the skates they had on .. it might seem dangerous but those skates have 4 ways and a break and looks pretty sturdy. I'm really anticipating Mucore if that's the case ... Himnae is doing pretty well on the charts as well for a song that hasn't been promoted, it has the potential to become a huge hit like every other Kenzie song that we've heard in the past.

Guest Lishathestain

Anyways made some gifs.....and wanted to share

Totally loved the sparkling 'Gee' so had to make several gifs out of it :sweatingbullets:

aww those are cute!! i like the pink&blue ones :P

Please guys, do not post one liners. It's spam.

The Music Core comeback stage sounds promising already. I'm so glad they got to perform Way To Go as well, I freaking love that song. Pop-Rock is refreshing in today kpop's music and their voices sound great in that song.

And apparently, the girls might use the rollerskates for their comeback. And to quote Bug from Soshified, it's similar to how they used the lollipops for Kissing You. Do not take it literally, I don't think they'd perform waving the rollerskates but more like they will ... skate somewhere ? O_O Anyway. Believe it or not.

omg roller skates! i knew it. i mean why would they had pictures wearing roller skates if they're not gonna actually use them at all. well that's what i thought anyway.

then i keep thinking on how couple months ago, Sica had these bruises all over her legs & so did Tiffany in FG. (yes i paid attention to legs apparently lol).

So maybe, just maybe, those bruises are from learning how to roller-skates? :P

Guest taikogirl91

oh the pictures are so nice and they, like always, look gorgeous!

i particularly love the balloon ones :)

and they sold 10,000+ in the first two days??

if they did...CONGRATULATIONS!! i'm so proud of them and i

can't wait for their comeback!!

does anyone know what songs they'll be performing??

Guest part09box

Wait can someone clear this up for me is 16,000 the first week an all time female artist record or is it just what Hyori was able to do in 2008. It's kind of hard to believe that female artists were unable to sell 16,000+ their first week in the past. The new pictures are awesom ^^ I miss seeing the girls in these little fun news photoshoots.

There are bigger female sellers in the past. But because of super high speed internet in Korea, the CD music market CRASHED several years ago. Even the DVD movie market is gone in Korea now. Everyone downloads everything digitally.

Before this CRASH, Korean CD market was huge, it was like 7th biggest in the world. Top female artists sold 500,000 copies and male artists regularly sold 1 or 2 million cds.

Now that market is gone and when people talk about album records today, they are talking the time after the CRASH. So Hyori's 16,000 1st Week is the "record" now~

Guest noriebanzai

i dont see why it is the worst hairstyle on Jessica. Its great to make a change sometimes.

btw i still dont get what pre-recorded live is? will the girl be lipsyncing or not? is that okay to the fans??

hmmm..

the idea of using rollerskates is genius..but it might be a bit risky if they hit each other :sweatingbullets: . I hope the girls will do fine

Guest zane87

That's a very subjective way to say, every1 have their own taste, it might not appeal to u or certain ppl, but for me it's quite ok and i think she looks like a teacher to me :lol: , which means she's having more mature look...

Gee~~, they're going to use roller skates on CB stage tomorrow, haha that's a unique way, SM sure have lots of ideas....

There are bigger female sellers in the past. But because of super high speed internet in Korea, the CD music market CRASHED several years ago. Even the DVD movie market is gone in Korea now. Everyone downloads everything digitally.

Before this CRASH, Korean CD market was huge, it was like 7th biggest in the world. Top female artists sold 500,000 copies and male artists regularly sold 1 or 2 million cds.

Now that market is gone and when people talk about album records today, they are talking the time after the CRASH. So Hyori's 16,000 1st Week is the "record" now~

thanks for the explanation part09box

yeah backthen sales in korea can reach those numbers

even in 2002-2003 they could still reach those

but now wew >.<

ow any update bout the sales for today? i really hope they could make it tho

i hope SM wont make something silly that could harm the girls at their comeback perf by making them roller skating on stage =_= they will end up off stage >.<

does anyone know what songs they'll be performing??

they'll be performing gee and him nae

i dont see why it is the worst hairstyle on Jessica. Its great to make a change sometimes.

btw i still dont get what pre-recorded live is? will the girl be lipsyncing or not? is that okay to the fans??

hmmm..

the idea of using rollerskates is genius..but it might be a bit risky if they hit each other :sweatingbullets: . I hope the girls will do fine

pre-recorded live is when the performance is recorded live ahead of time, so when we watch music core

we will be watching the recording which was live

hopefully that made sense

Yeah but technically it's really nothing to look forward to .. I was going to look back at SES's old stuff and see their records but rofl I wouldn't like cheer yet until the girls get the record for first female idol to get 100,000 copies of a mini-album sold T-T.

BTW Isak will hopefully try and interview the girls soon ^^

Guest bagia123

pre-recorded live is when the performance is recorded live ahead of time, so when we watch music core

we will be watching the recording which was live

hopefully that made sense

pre-recorded live like Taeng with "Buttons" right? T-T

i'm so excited for their comeback stage :rolleyes:

btw, Mrs. Kim Taeng hurts me a lot. Still don't believe that she Marries Huyng Don :tears:

Guest toomuchsmiling

Just because Maknae Seohyun so Beautiful & Talented & I LOVE HER!!!! LOL

feels like posting this again ROFL XD

Seohyun Playing Piano by Chopin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikUw7tPFIo

c.luvuknowyunho

Thanks for sharing LaBelle! Honestly I've never seen that before!

I guess I was too focused on seeing stuff with Taengoo, Tiffany and Jessica.

As a pianist as well, I totally respect her after seeing that. She's a freaking prodigy! o_o

I was wowed. :P

Can't wait for MuCore soon. :w00t: *waits a couple days.* xD

Guest Lishathestain

urgh I'm too excited about their performance tomorrow -_- i've been listening to both Gee & Way To Go the whole day..

1231471305k1kp8.jpg

SunSica xP

1231471165z5by7.jpg

c;시유@sosiz.

the girls are doing very well with Gee's Album sale.

so far they have 11299 copies sold at hanteo. I hope they continue to

do well!!lol.btw I can't wait til tomorrow for their comeback!!XD

edit: omg this is a good way of topping the page.lol.

5ankab.png

Guest Hazuki86

Ohh wow, I haven't been on here for so long since school started! I just want to say that the music Gee is totally the hit! I am so on my spazzing mode too. I kept putting my windows media player on repeat on Gee! I also download the music on to my cellphone!! I kept telling my sister that the song is addictive and while I was watching the MV, my sister out know where blurted out that the MV is cool. I was so happy when my sister said that, my sister doesn't care much for MV(s) and she actually likes Gee MV! The MV certainly has a fresh feel to it. I enjoyed every bit of it. Their expressions are just too adorable that I just have to watch it on repeat. I noticed that all the girls have an equal amount of screening time and it's great!! The song doesn't consistently repeat the song as much as I thought it did which is smart thing to do. The music gives a breather when Yuri sings her line and it gives a satisfying note as she slows music down for a while and then goes back to fast high pitched beat. ( I hope I'm not confusing anyone. I terrible with explaining things).

I can't wait till the mini album arrives at my doorsteps. I'm trying not to look at the photobook in the album thats posted on the the threads. I don't want to be spoiled, so I have to wait patiently and wait till it arrives so I can actually look at the pictures for myself. :D The album is a definitely worth it. I really love the Dear Mom music, it's very soothing and touching. I was hoping for something similar to the song Complete from the first album, but it was definitely a change. I think the best part of the song would have to be the lyrics and how each member got to sing a line or two. I'm sure their mother's are really touched by this. I wish to see the girls singing this song live someday. It's truly amazing. Himnae is so darn cool! I love the beat it's so rockin. I think it really suits the girls especially Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Yoona, since they have deeper voices. I noticed that Yoona and Hyoyeon have more lines to sing now and I'm sure that the fans really happy with that.

None the less..congratulations to the girls hitting the 10k mark with the sales in such a short time!! The girls definitely worked hard for this and they definitely deserve this. I hope they will break the record and I wish them the very best!! SNSD hwaiting!!

The SNSD Gee parody is hilarious, I enjoyed a lot!

Thank you everyone for posting all the latest pictures. I'm glad Sunny is ok now, it's good to see her smile again. I noticed Yuri looks fairly tired in several photos. I hope she gets more rest.

Ok that's enough.. I didn't think I would write this much. I just to say thank you to everyone for all the updates. Proud to be SONE.

Guest Senorita_

^ I'm for sure the girls are going to break the 1 week record sales. They might even sell up to 20k by the end of next week =)

The cheers from S♥ne is amazing! Everyone's going to cheer their hearts out tomorrow =D

Update sales

14:40pm : 1100 for today

Total sales : 12399

oh wow...i could really feel that their mini album will be such a big hit..

congrats to the girls..

tomorrow's their comeback perf right?cant wait^^

and they look good in those pics ^..thanks for sharing!

Archived