Guest Soy

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest australasia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj-6esAwFxE&fmt=18

omgah i swear their song too addicting <3

you guys are so nice for subbing this, i just like how i don't really know the lyrics but because of this i feel like i know it! hahahaha!

i wanted to quote the pics but so many! thanks for sahring them all!! yuriiii is so hot! pretty and beautiful! thank you!

Guest swordliger

OMG someone has already started to play Gee on piano now.

this is amazingly good, all done by ear too :lol:

*goes off to play the keyboard and learn Gee...*

Guest nightmare.

Wow...

Gee killing the charts

They haven't do any promotion but their song already do well

and about the album's sales i think it's already good...

Are they broke any records for that??

Some SM Town love...

Lee Yeon Hee, Hee Chul, and Kim Yuna already use that

wonder if other SM Artists will also use GEE...

But i'm proud because many celebrities like GEE

Thanks guys for the pics

and i can't wait for MuCore..

It will be nice...

Guest kangeroo

These numbers are total album sales in Korea. The number may look small but it's not. Read below.

Hanteo is the album sales chart used in Korea.(it's not really accurate but it's what people use)

The sales numbers at this time are not totally accurate because of delayed shipments etc. Anyways including the 2400 from last night, by end of day today the total sales should be near 10,000. Then the sales will drop off tomorrow and next.

At the end of week, the "1st Week Sales" is tallied and we can compare to other albums to see how good Gee did.

For perspective look at these example numbers for "1st Week Sales" from other female artists:

An average female artist can do about 3000

Top female artists can do 10,000

The record for 2008 was Hyori's 16,000

So you can see that Gee is doing extremely well today and there's good chance that it'll break the 1st Week Sales record~

ahh..thank you for the elaboration. The numbers are higher, yay!

I sure do hope they break it. I know they have great chances.

I mean even for a girl group they are already doing awesome. I mean Hyori is a long time sunbae now, and i mean she's highly popular, so if they do beat her sales then...i think it's a great feat! Soshi Hwaiting!!

I'm so grateful we have people like you in Soshi fandom.

You always seem to have updates, and know what's going on with the girls. (I know there's more people who also share, so sorry for not mentioning your name.)

Thank you for kindly sharing all these things with us here at soompi.

Just want to you to know we're grateful!!

Guest lolly88

Sungmin’s Cyworld Diary Entry 2009.01.07 18:53

2009.01.07 수 Wednesday 18:53

SoNyeoShiDae’s song has been released~!!^^

Fighting!! May it be a big hit~~~!!

You’re so so handsome, my eyes my eyes are blinded~

gee gee gee gee gee~ babybabybaby!

Original Source; 이성민 미니홈피

Credits; OnlySJ13

BRB TO EDIT

..go so much to back track oh gosh

...but i hope this thread flys faster as days go by

fav song after a day of listening to the album

is Gee,Destiny,HimNae and Dear mum for me is a tie and lastly let's talk about love

i will give my rating for each song later

Guest part09box

CURRENT HANTEO NUMBER SUDDENLY SHOT UP TO

7500!

(probably because online shops punched in their numbers just now)

The total GEE sales so far is 10,000 already

lolly thanks for the info

LOL Sungmin supporting the gals^^ (and many other artists)

but i love the way he mentioned the lyric rofl so cute^^

ow and i read at ssf that as for today according to hanteo the sales now 7000

hmmm i think they could break the record

part09box ow really? that's good news >.< i hope it will up up up and up

i want to see the one from MIAK / something one soon too

cecil thanks for the caps hahaha look sooo funny the one with Sica giving HEART sign and Tiff looke shocked lol XD Yoona oooh from sica yuri tiffany lol XD

Guest merlyunho

part09box

what a news.

the girls really deserve something like this after being inactive for almost a year.

they must've been happy now, and i guess, they're partying? they must have had one, xD

cecil

thanks for the caps dear.. *off to download the vid*

i can hardly wait for their Mucore perf. I don't care if it's pre-recorded, i just want them to perform it LIVE and i'm just too curious to see the whole chroreography. Not to mention that I'm already in love with their chicken legs and that movement they do with their hands on the "nomu jjarit jjarit" part

i wish for each greatness to happen to our girls. may their hardwork be repaid well. <3

Guest zane87

Holy~~~!!! that's wat the power of nine can do....lolz....

anyway 1 more question, the weekly sales is base on normal week count? like normally saturday or sunday is wat v called weekend(not sure whether korea is the same), or is it count based on the 7 days system like since they start the album sales yesterday then the weekly sales should be concluded on next wednesday? Hope they really break the record...

Guest shasha92

i got this from FT Island Thread ;

[이데일리 SPN 양승준기자] “윤아 누나가 연기 조언 많이 해줘요”

그룹 FT아일랜드의 드러머 최민환(17)이 첫 연기에 도전하며 소녀시대 윤아(19)의 조언이 큰 힘이 됐다고 말해 눈길을 끌었다.

최민환은 7일 오후 서울 여의도 KBS 신관 국제회의실에서 열린 KBS 새 일일드라마 ‘집으로 가는 길’ 제작발표회에서 “윤아 누나와 같은 미용실에 다녀 가끔 문자로 연락을 주고 받는데 드라마 첫 출연에 응원을 많이 해줬다”며 “세트 촬영 때 동선이나 어떤 촬영에서는 이렇게 하는 게 좋다 등의 조언을 많이 해줘 큰 도움이 됐다”고 말했다.

최민환은 KBS 1TV 일일극 ‘너는 내 운명’ 후속작인 ‘집으로 가는 길’에서 극중 한진희와 이보희의 말썽꾸러기 막내 아들 한준호 역을 맡아 연기자로 활동 영역을 넓혔다.

윤아는 ‘너는 내 운명’에서 장새벽 역을 맡아 2008 KBS 연기대상에서 신인상과 인기상을 차지하는 등 가수 출신으로 연기자 데뷔를 성공적으로 치른 바 있다.

가수 출신 연기자들에 대한 주위의 차가운 시선에 대해 최민환은 “어머니가 가장 걱정하신다”며 “하지만 그럴수록 자신이 부끄럽지 않게 잘하는 모습을 보이면 된다고 생각한다. 가수로서 무대에 서는 것 뿐 아니라 연기를 통해서도 멋있는 모습 보여드리고 싶다”고 각오를 밝혔다.

박근형, 장용, 장신영, 이상우, 조여정 등이 출연하는 ‘집으로 가는 길’은 오는 12일 첫 방송된다.

TRANSLATION:

[E-Daily SPN New's Yang Seung-Joon] "Yoona noona has given me lots of acting tips"

FT Island's drummer Choi Min-hwan(17) has challenged himself to his first acting career and has attracted many people when he said that SNSD's Yoona(19) has been a big help for him.

At the "On the Way Home" press conference event in KBS International Conference Room on the 7th, Choi Min-hwan said "I go to the same hair salon as Yoona noona so we keep in touch by texting and I have received alot of support from her" and that "She has been a big help as of giving me tips on what is good for this scene filming and what is good for that filming, etc"

Choi Min-hwan will be acting out the role of Han Jinhee and Lee Bohee's youngest troublesome son, Han Junho, in KBS 1's daily drama "On the Way Home", the drama that will follow "You Are My Destiny"

Yoona has acted out the role of Jang Saebyuk in the drama "You Are My Destiny" and has been successful as an actress/singer after receiving the newcomer's award and the popularity award in the 2008 KBS Actors Awards Ceremony.

"My mom worries about me the most, but I think it will all work out if I just don't do things to embarrass myself and just show good acting. I want to show another side of me as an actor besides just standing on-stage as a singer" replied Choi Minhwan about getting some cold shoulders as a singer debuting to become an actor.

"On the Way Home" starring Park Kunyoung, Jang Yong, Lee Sangwoo, Jo Yeojung, etc will be first aired on the coming 12th.

<article credits: SPN News(naver)>

<translation credits: cynthia.kim23

^^OMFG! yoona such a sweet unnie,

glad to hear her helping minhwan on acting :D

& they go to the same hair salon too :)

they seem pretty friendly with each other ^_^

OMGee! they are really KILLED amost chart.

SNSD fighting!

seem likes other celebs also likes gee! who does'nt?!

^ Thanks for sharing! Yoong is so thoughtful and takes care of her hoobaes(in acting) well.

Thank you Eunice for the Sungmin's cyworld entry update too! =DD Yay SMTown love~

^oh so hot hot hot^^ Thanks Lisa!!

Btw Its confirmed the girls will be performing Gee and Himnae on Music Core tomorrow on the 10th

Gee will be pre-recorded live, and Himnae will be live-live

credits to bug@soshified.com/forums

oh thanks for the news.:D

I'm just glad that they will be performing two songs. ^^

CURRENT HANTEO NUMBER SUDDENLY SHOT UP TO

7500!

(probably because online shops punched in their numbers just now)

The total GEE sales so far is 10,000 already

OHEMGEE. and referring to your other post, usually top female artists sell 10,000 in a week right?

and Soshi got 10,000 in a day? this is way way crazy. im going nuts with happiness.xDDDD.

Thank you for the great news!!!! :w00t:

Thank you guys for sharing new vids and pics and news! <33333

2 more days to comeback on MuCore!!!

Guest part09box

Holy~~~!!! that's wat the power of nine can do....lolz....

anyway 1 more question, the weekly sales is base on normal week count? like normally saturday or sunday is wat v called weekend(not sure whether korea is the same), or is it count based on the 7 days system like since they start the album sales yesterday then the weekly sales should be concluded on next wednesday? Hope they really break the record...

1st Week Sales just means the total sales for the first 7 days the album sold~

So for Gee, it's the sales from Jan 7th to Jan 13th.

"1st Week Sales" is not an official record or anything. It is just something that's used to gauge album sales. Also every album has very different sales patterns so it's hard to predict what the final sales will be even after 1st Week is known.

As it looks now Gee likely will do 15000~20000 1st Week Sales. Gee will probably break the 1st Week record for female kpop group. But what we really want is 100,000 final sales. That is actually very hard, but let's keep cheering~

These sales numbers are tiny compared to American pop artists. But the album sales are important because they are big part of music show No 1 wins and the end-of-the year awards. And top album sales gets a lot of respect in Korea.

wow!!

welcome back Soshi!!! ^^

I was really stuck then I listened to this song first time

this songs is really cool and attracted to listen more time although it's just the first time listening ^^

well good luck for breaking the record of 1st week!!!!

Guest bagia123

the sale is flying higher & higher :rolleyes:

latest update: 8 pm KST and the sale is 8200 (10.700 total)

Hopefully, they'll reach the point 16000 soon - break the record my Girls xD

Guest chris09

omg. im so so late. :)

i forgot to post here yesterday because of the maintenance ^^

girls generation finally released their music video! haengbokhae!

i really really liked it and their new dance moves! very very cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E77r2hvgU8o

watch yoona in this video starting from 2:40, yoona keeps fixing her hair!

she did it 3 times. ahaha so cute :)

i also liked the song himnae! they only changed the lyrics of haptic motion and arranged it better.

i love their new album. ooh "yes its you". <3

Archived