少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest baboshi

omgg the album jacket!!

they look uber gorgeousss,

esp. sica.

;[ ughh yesasia hasnt shipped it yet.

here's yt links to full tracks along with ringtones for each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYrcnumvok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTO3IPrg188

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytmJlcg_pm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHw4mYYMtF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqcVCJZoA4

mv if anyone hasn't seen it yet :]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgPi6Mxhjo

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tesslovemusic

Thanks for sharing the charts, Haneul

The girls are doing so well! i can't wait for their comeback stages :D

Hope they get #1 on all the shows :lol:

Taeyeon & HD? Noooo~

I want Taeyeon to be with someone interesting....

I hope they change her partner, no offense to fans!

While waiting i made some icons using the Gee jacket/booklet pictures ^_^

Some from the MV and other events as well!

qnp81z.jpg6z3ae1.jpgesktbp.jpgoiho9i.jpgz9ug5.jpg

smx2dx.jpg28a85fm.jpg2hckkeq.jpg2h2noef.jpg

hx1c00.jpg29zaiog.jpg14ih76b.jpg

2zxtvk0.jpg344z7cz.jpg102t37o.jpgwwatrm.jpgfydafp.jpg

2wbxlj6.jpg

Anyone is free to use any of them here on soompi or on other sites ex. Soshified, as long as they

notify me here first:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268012

Hope you guys liked them ^_^

Guest Lishathestain

baboshi, thanks for the links&the ringtones :D

tesslovemusic, those are some pretty cute icons ^_^

ohm gee k'citra, another #1? HAHAHA i'm sooo happy for them!

anyway old pic, but i just love her face :P

1231374572_work-20090108-003.jpg

c;astagged&sosiz

Guest XiahxTiffany

thinking about it i really dont think YoonA sang a part in the song

maybe one line but i probably didnt distinguish the voice correctly 0_0

but still in love with the song been listening to it everywhere!!!!

school, home, friends house, and at after school :)

just too good of a song to just let go and not listen to

Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby !!!! :) <3

Review for SNSD's Mini-Album "Gee"

I'm not sure if you guys were here way back when they started, but I remember when they first released their single Into the New World, SNSD was criticized to always lip sync. This was due to the fact that their song required a heavy routine while also needing strong vocals. It's not that they could not perform it, it was because they wanted to be 'perfect' and did not want to risk any slip-ups. Remember, the song was very difficult to dance and sing at the same time. However, the girls worked even harder, giving it all they had. My favourite performance was one of their last performances on KBS during their promotion for ITNW, as they executed the whole thing flawlessly. Then in two weeks time, they release a whole new album. The one and only album released by a female idol group to have reached sales exceeding 130 000. At the time of the release, this very thread was flooded with different reviews of the each song in the album. It brings back so much memories looking back at the pages. My point is, at that time, I did not give a review, which I fully regret because it's a little too late right now. So, I would like to do that right now, but for this mini-album.

Gee
- Honestly, the first time I heard it, I knew I would just love it. For me, it was instant, because it gave a fresh new feeling, something totally different, and I just really loved it. There were some who did not like the song, or did not like it until listening to it several time -and then there were some people who believed that their voices were too high pitched and that they had 'downgraded' their voices to fit into the trend of 'catchy songs'. I must say, I was a bit upset at this. I knew that their voices had vastly improved, something a lot of people doubted. Sure the song was catchy, but that didn't mean the song didn't contain any vocals either. I tried to sing this song -and it was an utter failure for me. Usually it would be easy for me to sing along to songs that were supposedly 'easy' -but this was definitely not the case. And that was because there were too many hard-to-reach notes. So if you thought 'Gee' did not do justice to their voices, you're wrong. Dead wrong.

5/5

Destiny
- What a song. At first, I was a bit surprised because it was very edited and seemed very techno. Although it's not a catchy song, it's something that makes you take a step back. It's like -woah, is that a song from SNSD? It's very different from anything I had ever seen or heard from them. I think it grows on you after a few listens. Definitely not a song one should pass up.

4.5/5

Dear Mom
- I really, really, really, love this song. Not only is it soothing and melodic, but you can tell right away that their vocals seem more polished. You can also hear the emotion exuded from this track, and especially from Tiffany, who sang it very well -it must be really painful to sing for her because she lost her mother. Yuri, you can hear, had definitely practiced singing. She's so good right now, not that she wasn't before -she's just better than expected.

5/5

Himnae
- I already loved this song when it was released during the HAPTIC CF. I just wanted to hear the full song! I've said it before and say it once again, our girls can sing any type of song!

4.7/5

Let's talk about love
- To be honest, I'm not really used to the song right now, but I know in time I'll love it, just like every other song they sang : )

4.2/5

Overall, my favourite track has to be either Gee or Dear Mom.

Rate and REVIEW the songs!

Guest Mellerz

man, i'm seeing Gee EVERYWHERE! haha, it's amajjing.

right when it came out, an instant hit and climbing charts in a flash.

dang, truly history for the girls. 09 is soooo Girls' Generation yo!

121g0ut.jpg

merged the pics into one

Guest loveyunho4ever

The girls album jacket photos.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/pinkcathy/296-2.jpg

cre: sosiz

lol this thread is going so fast .. i have to go back to 5 page to catch it . :sweatingbullets:

yesterday i was still didnt know that i should buy the mini album or not .. but after seeing the pix above . i definitely going to preorder the album . YURI just look amazing hottt in here . <_<

omgee.No wonder it's Cyworld 1st song. :D Thanks for sharing!

wonder who else is using Gee as their bg song for their cyworld?? lol.

orangesmartie92: Haha I'm the same as you.I love it the instant i heard the LQ radio rip. Then the HQ came out and well, i still love it. A very different sound coming from them and yes!It's difficult to sing this song.. :sweatingbullets:

My second will also be Dear Mom..i just love the emotions that i felt when they sang.<3

Thanks Melinda for your gifs and the merged one.^^ As well as the other Sones who shared pics. :)

Guest baby-swts

aww thanks for the wallies! ^_^

1 more pic from starnews. i'm happy that Yoona is in this photoshoot :D

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2479/in...hpno2009lw3.jpg

c;astagged&sosiz.

yay im so happy yoona is in this photoshoot <3 heh ^_^

is yamd over/done? i hope it is.. not that i hate it but

i want her to spend more time with the members :)

lol and thanks for all the lyrics to the album :D

cant stop listening to it :sweatingbullets:

Guest Lishathestain

^lol ok Karen said it's ending tonight so that means Yoona's ended YAMD activities couple days ago already ^_^

ROFL on that last one.. u can see Taengoo is standing on the stair :lol: haha she's the tallest in that picture but she still looks the smallest xP

i want their shoes ;____;

anyway 1 more pic from starnews

indexlinkimagephpno2009lb2.jpg

and Yoona from CNBnews

64958a.jpg

V rofl ah that's why she looks uh well younger :P

[orangesmartie hahaha nice review^^

i will try make my own review not so good at words but i'll try

Gee

well when i hear the 5sec teaser i was like "WTH is this, OH SO NOT HAPPY!!! SM Suck bad giving this kinda song to snsd & Etribe you're so dead!" ROFL XD then the 30sec (?) teaser out i was like "WHOA" ok this quite Good but not enough to say I will like it or not but it does sounds uniq and fresh, and the full one turns out it's GOOD FRESH UNIQ and still Cute Girly but Energetic Song (there's already this kinda song before but not like this the beat melody and else just so different like giving FRESH AIR into Kpop), although it took quite sometimes for me to adjust myself with SNSD new sounds & style and for some ppl it might take few times listening to it before eventually love it, i must say actually if you listen carefully eventhough the gals using their high pitch voices but they use many different vocal range and the adlibs what more should i say......it's awesome!!! so yeah same like orange i will give this song

5/5

Way To Go

I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEE this song since Haptic days, 1st time hearing this i was like "HUH?" hahaha the lyric sounds weird >.< but after listening to it few times it's fits perfectly and i love this kinda punk-pop/rock song, i kinda surprised at the bridge there's english lyrics with jessica and tiffany and they sounds awesome there! bout vocals i must say they sounds great here proven they can sing anykind of song, they sounds more fierce in this song total opposite of Gee and i love the way their voice mash well together and they just complete each others, jessica with the high and lighter vocals, Tiffany in the middle, Taeyeon kinda deep heavy but when she did the high note WOW, Seohyun makes it sounds cute in a good way ofcourse cause she has this so girly voice kekeke, Sunny her voice suit this kinda song and other girls also sounds great and i love how Yoona got her line quite long this time she sounds good and not annoying for non lead vocals, yuri hyoyeon definitely lots of improvement

overall my another fave in the album

5/5

Dear Mom

Ok this song i think is good (i still love Tears better) BUT the meaning of the song PWN Tears and Complete >.< this song makes me think bout all the things i said and done to my mom (eventhough still >.< ) and it grows on me, when it comes to the mid of the song i feel so sad and the ending with "Umma jeongmalo saranghaeyo" (ok dunno how to spell it) it's just so sweet and touching T_T the girls vocals also great here seems like they really missed their mothers, but i hear most in this song only the lead vocals hmmm not that i complain but yeah

4.5/5

Let's Talk Bout Love

This song brings me back to the OLD KPOP, when i hear it 1st time i love it instantly and this song sooooo SM style reminds me of SES <3 and i love there's this kinda song again after quite so long kpop being dominated with Rap HipHop Retro-R&B something, so this song to me so fresh and i love the beat too ^^ nothing else to say love love it and the "na na na na na oh oh oh yea" hahaha idk why that's my fave part XD

4.8/5

Destiny

Sounds different with any other snsd songs, interesting how they try this kinda song though, but i must say this is my least fave in the album, but i love the beat it's strong, but maybe sounds too monotone for me hmm but it's actually a good song but just not that WOW. I remember SM always have this kinda song for their Artists but well i will give this song

3.5/5

overall this album is 4.8/5 (just coz there's this 1 song that just ok to me XD )

Ok Done pardon me for bad grammar and Vocab lol

Guest baby-swts

wooo-hoo i topped a page :D

SOONA COUPLE <3

(LMAO THERES ALSO YULSIC COUPLE RIGHT HERE! :lol:)

SOOYOUNG: "YOONBUM AHH~! RUNAWAY WITH MEE ;)"

YOONA: "ALRIGHTY BIG EATER <3" :]

===

YOONSICA COUPLE <3

Yoona is sucha playa in the gee mv.... :P

"woot yoonsica couple FTW!"

yoona's face.. "rawr"

credits- soshified for subbed video hq dwl link & me (baby-swts) for capping! :)

source: bug @ SSF sbox

Confirmed - Gee + HimNae in MuCore

Gee will be pre-recorded live, and Himnae will be live-live

SNSD fans love Himnae, right? So everyone will be happy with this news. ^^

edit: i didnt noticed that Karen posted it already ^^ sorry

Lisa thanks for the scans (?) of the Gee mini album photobook. ^^

it's the scans right?

Guest yienyienyien

^oh so hot hot hot^^ Thanks Lisa!!

Btw Its confirmed the girls will be performing Gee and Himnae on Music Core tomorrow

credits to bug@soshified.com/forums

OMFG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D The set for Gee will prob be very very colorful

I love Himnae...:wub: Can't wait for sat! <3

Thanks for the Gee scans, love them..<3 Hyo is looking hawt! and their legs are so pretty..XD

Guest Haneul~

^oh so hot hot hot^^ Thanks Lisa!!

Btw Its confirmed the girls will be performing Gee and Himnae on Music Core tomorrow

credits to bug@soshified.com/forums

I'm going to die !

LOL!

this is the best news !!!!!!!!!!!

my fave songs of the album !!!

saturday come fast please !!!

yay ! #1 on naver thats 10 #1 !

great for them !

i want my copy ! T_T

Archived