omg love the album cover!!! :)

wow cant wait till mine ships out

lol just so addicting

GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY!!!!

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping GEE is a major hit, I remember how sales like went through the roof after they started promoting 'Kissing You', so I hope the pre-orders are high enough but also more people support them once the album releases. All S♥NEs need a copy of this album because it marks a new era in SNSD's career and we should all support it. ^^ Remember sales in YESASIA do effect the MIAK charts so do your best and support and buy, let's make them on top again. I can't wait for them to be back on the scene though, it seems like everyone misses them. Thanks for all the updates, everyone (I swear this thread is moving too quickly T-T)

Guest Lishathestain
The Sone official fanclub is still not open yet. Hopefully SM will open it with the girls' comeback.

It's impossible to know the exact number of fans but people estimate SNSD has about 150,000~200,000 fans in Korea. Boybands have more fans but SNSD has the largest number of fans for female artist in Korea.

the largest number of fans for female artist? :wub: it sounds soooo cool haha.

i did read this person's comment on allkpop that they have more people in their fancafe/club (SNSD’s fanclub in Korea got 213,983) than wg (which was shocking to me since well u know..it's "korea's little sisters" we're talking about here).

90851631ye9gp5.jpg

pouty Fany xP

00vs6ok8.gif

c;as tagged&sosiz.

Guest x9293x

The teaser and the album pics are amazing!! Thank you everyone for the super fast updates.

I can't believe its next week and MB showing the teaser just makes it seem like its really happening.

I really hope the girls can hit the 100,000 mark too. That would be an awesome way to comeback. I'm glad all the fans and non-fans reactions are good.

The teaser was seriously like a breath of fresh air for me. I replayed the teaser a million time yesterday after it came out. Shockingly I really like the song even after the first listen. Usually when it come to girl groups and their song it takes me a while to get use to it and like it but Gee was an instant hit in my mind. Maybe I should buy another copy or two of the mini album...

^ Oooh thats awesome that the girls have the largest fanbase for a girl group. I really want them to gain even more fans this year though.

Guest pga pga
The reaction of Korean fans is like crazy! Everyone's spazzing and all day today the topic was about buying the album and obtaining those hard-to-get Music Bank tickets.

The teaser reaction is very good even among nonfans too. Most often people comment how pretty the girls look and how they've matured.

For pre-orders, to give you an example, we can look at pre-order situation at the major music retailer Lees Music.

Usually a female kpop artist album gets average of about ~100 purchase comments after selling for weeks.

In just one day SNSD Gee has 1300 comments now.

And in about a week you can see whether Gee album is a success, when the First Week Sales numbers come in.

Top female kpop artist has about 10,000 First Week Sales.

From what I've seen I think Gee can maybe do 20,000.

I know what you mean , my friends isnt a big fan as me and when I showed her she's like their so gorgeous now -__-

I'm so excited about the booklet that is included in the mini album <3

I've also been spazzin the whole day XD , I'm lovin the concept of the GEE so much

and tiffany looks stunning , her hair looks brilliant ^^

thanks Lishathestain for that adorable tiffany gif , it's so cute

Guest random_luv

0.0 omg this thread is moving so fast. 10 pages since last night that i had to catch up on T_T

well i bring good news with album sales!

last night Gee was #6 on yesasia's bestsellers list and now has moved up to #5 passing up

#6SHINee- Vol. 1 Amigo (repackaged)

#7Dong Bang Shin Ki Vol. 4 - Mirotic (CD+DVD)(Korea Version-B )

#8Wonder Girls : The Wonder Years – Trilogy : Nobody

#9Yiruma - First Love Repackage

I'm really proud as yesasia is mostly international sales because fans in korea wouldn't need to use it.

Keep up the great job International Sones~

Guest snail.

^

Actually, the Gee Mini-album is currently #1 for bestsellers for the last 7 days :) and #5 for the past 30 days.

I missed the spazz when that video got released but as soon that I watched it, my heart skipped *__*

I didn't expect the teaser to be that great and I really miss them. So does everyone.

The girls have worked so hard for that album, it's normal to show them support by buying it and break records again !

The girls were so freaking cute during the white scene. Like cute babies :lol:

YoonYul at the beginning was sooo pretty. Yuri made me all giggly with her shy smile lol

Taeyeon just ... made me all fangirly with her dorkiness. At the end Sooyoung grabbed on Taeyeon's tummy lol and Yoona tickled her, that made me awwwww so much. The roommates always gang up on her XD

And Sunny was so close to Jessica, it was totally adorable. Speaking of Sica, she was so cute doing the same shoulder moves as her hubby !!

Did I mention that the cover is absolutely perfect ? (coughroyalcouplescough)

I'm sure SNSD's sales will do well :)

Guest KsDreams
The Sone official fanclub is still not open yet. Hopefully SM will open it with the girls' comeback.

It's impossible to know the exact number of fans but people estimate SNSD has about 150,000~200,000 fans in Korea. Boybands have more fans but SNSD has the largest number of fans for female artist in Korea.

thank you.

Wow the official fanclub is not open yet? hopefully Sm will open it quickly and I hope international fans can register too cause I sure will.

Now I remember that once in the show Miraculous Victory and Defeat, SooYoung said smth like "120 000 fans" in a game, at that time I was wondering if she picked a random number or not, guess they do have that much fans.

the largest number of fans for female artist? :wub: it sounds soooo cool haha.

i did read this person's comment on allkpop that they have more people in their fancafe/club (SNSD’s fanclub in Korea got 213,983) than wg (which was shocking to me since well u know..it's "korea's little sisters" we're talking about here).

c;as tagged&sosiz.

yeah i just checked and their numbers went up again. Now its 214,150. (an increase of 10,000 in less than day.friggin lol.)

Must be the brilliant work of the Gee mv teaser. It's not the official fanclub but it still means quite something..:lol:

I'm really proud as yesasia is mostly international sales because fans in korea wouldn't need to use it.

Keep up the great job International Sones~

Yes.Im really surprised(in a good way) when i logged onto Soshified and knew Gee is the no.1 seller on YesAsia for the past week.

Gee!! :lol: Keep up the good work people! ^^

So far, I'm loving everything that is coming out. SM did a great job in picking out the songs and concept. What I really love is the transition from the first album to the first mini-album. In their first album, they were portrayed as dolls. Girls = Dolls. In the first mini-album, they are portrayed as mannequins. Mannequins = More mature version of dolls = woman.

Check out their first album trailer:

-This gives you a very simple feeling, like a girl opening their music box, and finding little doll statues. It's cute, but not so much that we are overwhelmed with colour, you know?

Check out their first mini-album trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07olo5ZTf1g&fmt=18

-Here's another feeling of simplicity, however, it's one of lonely mannequins, coming to life. When I look at mannequins, it gives me a feeling of sadness, because they are trapped behind a window, where everyone stares and points at them. They are on display, and the people who manage them, dress them up however they want to. They have no control over anything. In a way, they are unrealistic, because they have the perfect body shape, and every woman wants to have a body as perfect as them, but it's hard to achieve. When they are awakened, it kind of gives hope to them, and to the people who idolize them. It gives off a sort of saying: "If you want to, you can." Sorry for my horrible english, I can't think straight because I'm too excited, haha.

I also really like the tune of the song. I was kind of worried at first, because I wasn't sure if E-Tribe was the one who wrote the lyrics too. I mean, the guy, if he is a guy, is great at creating nice music, no doubt. But I really didn't like the fact that Kara's Pretty Girl had english lyrics that didn't make sense, so I was a bit afraid. Hopefully, Gee doesn't have any grammatical errors. I think a lot of people will be turned off by that.

Anywho, this morning I had to catch up, reading updates and whatnot. I'm really delighted to hear that their Gee Teaser is getting recognition and good feedback for the most part. Haters are inevitable, but I don't care about them, because they do not affect my love towards SNSD, except for making me like them even more.

I think it was a really good idea that SM had them have a 'break', so that people can forgive and forget their past mistakes (although, I don't really find their mistakes offensive at all). I love how he didn't have them totally disappear from the industry because they were still active on variety shows etc. because it helps them branch out while they as a group are on hiatus. Their promotion strategy is top notch, I must say. There is a lot of hype about their comeback, even the non-fans are tuning in. This nine-month break from april to december was a killer for most fans, like me, but in the end, it was all worth it. I heard they practiced more to improve their vocals and dancing, so that's great too.

I'm really anticipating how the other songs sound like, so once January 7th hits, I'm downloading all their songs. But fear not, like a good fan, I will not forget to buy their mini-album, which I did with their first album. The tracks do seem interesting, I have faith in the composers as they did create great music. Their comeback will be a great hit in Korea, I can just feel it, and it doesn't hurt that most of the top artists have finished their promotions, although I don't doubt their ability to compete with them, it's just easier because now everyone can focus on them, and not 4565318453 other artists.

Sorry for this long post, but I was waiting to comment for a long time, just never had that 'push' lol. I am a frequent visitor of this thread, and do post from time to time, so I hope some will recognize my username. I posted at least 100 times here haha, and I've been here since the beginning, maybe even before they debuted. Well, I've been a fan ever since their first episode of Mnet 'Girl's Go to School'

Edit:

V Alright lmao, I'll just cross that off. : )

^^ E-TRIBE didn't do 'Pretty Girl' but he did another track on Kara's album. I know it was previously stated that he did 'Pretty Girl', but he didn't, so no worries on the grammatical mistakes. The song sounds extremely promising and yes make sure you buy a copy of the album, if you download. Illegal MP3 downloads = no help to the girls, and they only get like less than a cent per mp3 download (try splitting that 9 ways, that's like 1/9th of a cent per member), so if you don't want to see Sica skinny anymore, please buy an album. FEED SOSHI ^

Also on a random note, I believe Yuri left a message on how 'Gee' was her favorite song on E-TRIBE's homepage. That little brown-noser haha....

But yes please feed SNSD and buy a copy of 'GEE', let's make them the first female artist to break 100,000 for a mini-album.

FEED SNSD, BUY GEE!

omg... the cover is amajing! seriously, i love how they look so simple but you can definitely feel the love vibe!

i can't can't can't wait till my album comes and YES all us sone's MUST BUY THE ALBUM TO SUPPORT SOSHI!!!!

this is a new beginning for them and we all need to be there to support them! it's amajing how fast this thread

is moving though O.o

-Rebecca

Guest Lishathestain

orangesmartie92, lol of course we (or at least I) remember your username.

I've seen u around here, other snsd-subject thread & allkpop too i think? xP

and I can't agree more w/ ur comment ^_^

LSM did a great job on the transition. It almost feel like we're growing up w/ the girls. Frick I'm 20, but I feel like I can connect to the girls whose are younger than me haha.

From all the dramas, the laughters, the hate, the love, the tears.. we all can relate to them. That's another reason why I like these girls. They're so normal in a way. ROFL.

yeah i just checked and their numbers went up again. Now its 214,150. (an increase of 10,000 in less than day.friggin lol.)

Must be the brilliant work of the Gee mv teaser. It's not the official fanclub but it still means quite something..:lol:

0_0 that's a cute number :P 214150 lol ok random~ but sigh, i'm just really happy. more fans :w00t:

YoonYul is everywhere these days xP

e0069130495e3e40d49d8cp0.gif

angels really :wub:

12309276231230926247aa1bl4.jpg

c;astagged&태연=탱구@sosiz

Guest chungmah.

Sunsica is win :3 My second favorite pairing.

;-; I'm excited for the mini album, I think all of us want our copy now.

T__T next friday seems so far away ! -dead-

Guest shasha92

maybe i a little bit late :(

i just watch the teaser,

OMFG! i lovin' it<333

"gee gee gee baby baby"

i love the YoonYul moment, my fave!

& all of them look so pretty :D

i cant wait for their full gee MV's & song coming out!

i love their cover, so simple BUt HOT & more mature :)

what i like about the girls?

b'coz they more natural.

they not hypocrite :)

that why they my most fave girls group! ^_^

they not acting to be "too good" on stage or stage,

they just be their self .

LET MAKE OUR GIRLS BE THE FIRST GIRL GROUP WHO SELLING 100 000K MINI ALBUM !~

i can felt it ,

2009 is our year, SNSD year!

Archived