Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Ola Sang Woo babes! I heard my best girl-chingu saw many hunks in Korea...you lucky girl you!! ;):P

Azura..do you have his Nude dvd??..Can i take a peep?!!...

[] 0bf6a6b88579501ca4795a3.jpg[/]

Today is the releasing day ! :w00t:

Sangwoo Ssi, take care... you should be healthy to do stage-greeting marathon.

As per several news, Sangwoo and other stars will happen in almost 100 stages (by shifted). However the movie promotion team didnt announced what boxes that Sangwoo will appear. Most of tourist companies are sending demand for being informed the exact locations for their tour promote. They gave the reason that majority tourist from Japan visit Korean are just for Hallyu star. Participating KSW stage-greeting is the good ocassion to attract tourists.

The film promotion team still considered to see whether giving the information or not because they would like to avoid some organizers will make use of this event for their personal purposes.

Hi TY, yeeeeeeeeee.................TODAY is the DAY! I realy hope that the movie is doing fine, box-office wise. I’m looking forward to watch it. I hope it will be a success. :lol::)

Guest TY_KSW

Ola Sang Woo babes! I heard my best girl-chingu saw many hunks in Korea...you lucky girl you!! ;):P

Azura..do you have his Nude dvd??..Can i take a peep?!!...

hahha, m sure she saw her new boy Lee Min Ho too! hahah :lol:

Hi TY, yeeeeeeeeee.................TODAY is the DAY! I realy hope that the movie is doing fine, box-office wise. I'm looking forward to watch it. I hope it will be a success. :lol::)

Yes dear, so we are!

Sangwoo has voiced to ask promotion team to advise the tourist company his greeting stage location in order to Japan big club to camp Korea boxes ! :lol: He is so thoughtful!

More pix

8512706a.jpg

38601214s.jpg

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang Woo movie "More Than Blue" topped the online ticket sales

[2009-03-11 11:58:49]

2009031111581010031.jpg

Kwon is making the blast.

The new movie "More Than Blue" starred Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Bo Young and Lee Bum Soo (Director Won Tae Young) won both online reservation sites and made a brilliant achievement to occupy the 1st. ranking.

The movie is making a record by getting 26 % in online site Max and dominating 35% in YES24. It excluded another 1st position in Nate by gaining 20% and YoungJinwi 29%. The Korean mello movie is positioning at 1st inn total 4 biggest ticket sales online websites. Especially on the releasing date March 11 the lead actors will have stage greeting together with director Won Tae Young.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid???

Kwon Sang Woo movie "More Than Blue" topped the online ticket sales

[2009-03-11 11:58:49]

] 2009031111581010031.jpg[]

Kwon was making the blast.

The new movie "More Than Blue" starred Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Bo Young and Lee Bum Soo (Director Won Tae Young) won both online reservation sites and made a brilliant achievement to occupy the 1st. ranking.

The movie is making a record by getting 26 % in online site Max and dominating 35% in YES24. It excluded another 1st position in Nate by gaining 20% and YoungJinwi 29%. The Korean mello movie is positioning at 1st inn total 4 biggest ticket sales online websites. Especially on the releasing date March 11 the lead actors will have greeting stages together with director Won Tae Young.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid???

TY, thanks for sharing this great news. Topping the online ticket sales. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh...............I'm very happy............. You can do it, SangWoo! I'll always support my man! :lol::lol:

Guest camella

:D Mona, Jen Chong of KSW Malaysia sent me the review below of More than Blue/A Story Sadder Than Sadness'' . I was so delighted to read such a review of KSW performance. This time he chose a good project. He seems to have chemistry with his THEFACESHOP partner Lee Bo Yong. Marriage and fatherhood is good for him. :)

HERE IS THE REVIEW:

Romanic poet Lee Won-tae makes his directorial debut with a classic romance, ``More Than Blue.'' Though featuring typical elements of the South Korean melodrama, ``Blue'' does not attempt to squeeze out tears from viewers. Rather, the director crafts a film that is poetically sparse, and also witty and hilarious as much as it is heartbreaking.

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo, the heartbreaker from the tearjerker TV soap ``Stairway to Heaven,'' plays the tragic male protagonist ``K,'' yet another faithful one-woman man involved in a pitiful love triangle. To top it all off, he has cancer. With the little time he has left to live, he plays Cupid to marry off the woman he loves, ``Cream'' (Lee Bo-young), to an eligible bachelor, Ju-hwan (Lee Bum-soo), so he can rest in peace.

``Blue'' however feels more classic than cliched and the undying fidelity of the love-struck characters nostalgically evokes old romances. The talented actors also bring freshness to their parts, making them very believable and worthy of every ounce of one's empathy.

The story begins in high school. Cream appears before K out of the blue, hypnotizing him in a fashion reminiscent of Gwenyth Paltrow's over-the-water fountain-kiss in ``The Great Expectations.'' (One drawback is that the 32-year-old's posing as a high school student, despite his flawless skin, is rather awkward, particularly since many moviegoers may remember the exquisite rendition of a teenaged Brad Pitt in ``The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'').

The two orphans become quick soul mates. K's parents had abandoned him, but left him lots of money, while Cream lost her entire family in a car accident. Cream moves into K's house and they live together like brother and sister, father and daughter and at times husband and wife _ though the more delicate K nurses his unrequited love for Cream and patiently watches her switch from one boyfriend to another.

K and Cream give each other strange names, which they use as pseudonyms when they grow up to become a radio producer and songwriter, respectively. The two know everything about each other, but K keeps his malignant cancer secret, for he knows that Cream's biggest fear is to be left alone.

So instead, he obliquely confesses his love everyday, through tacky lyrics like ``in my next life I want to be born as a ring, diary or bed so you can buy me and I can stay by your side.'' (The director himself wrote lyrics for sentimental pop songs by ballad-crooners like Shin Seung-hoon). But Kwon wins the audience's heart by bringing a certain tenderness to his character _ suggesting a maturation in his acting, a palpable break away from his previous roles as a romantic tough guy. K is a rare male protagonist in Korean fiction that is a pure embodiment of love, someone that can die for _ or because of _ love even if it weren't for his terminal disease.

He urges Cream to marry a healthy, goodhearted man. Even though his heart breaks when she announces that she is in love with a well to do doctor, he proceeds to do a background check on Ju-hwan and is happy to have found Mr. Perfect. Meanwhile, Ju-hwan breaks up with his fiancee (Jung Ae-ri) to marry Cream.

One of the movie's strengths is that it contextualizes the dramatic romance within a convincing reality, and in addition to having the women wear the pants (the director told The Korea Times that it's because he himself is a ``doting husband''), funnyman Lee Han-wie keeps things light as a kowtowing celebrity manager. Singer Lee Seung-chul also makes a memorable appearance, particularly as he tries to sport an unctuous, post-Captain Jack Sparrow-Johnny Depp-look.

As expected of a movie by a poet, it teems with imagery of time hanging still in the air and things are left simple. Even though the film's Korean title ``A Story Sadder Than Sadness'' is perhaps an overstatement, it allows the viewer to peruse not so much the abstract meaning of love but what it means to be in love and to care for someone.

In theaters March 11. 105 minutes. 15 and over. Distributed by Showbox/Mediaplex.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr p

Guest TY_KSW

:D Mona, Jen Chong of KSW Malaysia sent me the review below of More than Blue/A Story Sadder Than Sadness'' . I was so delighted to read such a review of KSW performance. This time he chose a good project. He seems to have chemistry with his THEFACESHOP partner Lee Bo Yong. Marriage and fatherhood is good for him. :)

HERE IS THE REVIEW:

But Kwon wins the audience's heart by bringing a certain tenderness to his character _ suggesting a maturation in his acting, a palpable break away from his previous roles as a romantic tough guy. K is a rare male protagonist in Korean fiction that is a pure embodiment of love, someone that can die for _ or because of _ love even if it weren't for his terminal disease.

thank you very much, dear Carmen. Appreciate this sharing! and thanks to Jen Chong too!

Like the most that paragraph! it proves, once again, Kwon Sang Woo's acting skill...

He is among few actors who are having both appearance and talent! :)

Yah, K is the best role and More Than Blue is the best choice...

:rolleyes:

PS, Dont mind if i re-post to the movie thread? :D

Premiere Mar 11

continue from various sources...

g]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3167/93032371.jpg[/]

[]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3302/60949232.jpg[/]

[]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4421/79421773.jpg[]

Credit as stated

Hi TY, thanks for posting the photos. We could expect different more photos in the coming days. :sweatingbullets::lol:

VOD

The Nude - Making film

included shooting scene of SW nude in bed... :lol::sweatingbullets:

View and Download: THE NUDE - MAKING FILM

Credit as stated

TY, thanks for sharing the video. We'll be drooling again here upon watching this. :sweatingbullets::lol:

P.S. I want to faint after watching this.hahaha - I love the part where he's on bed & where he's shaving. So funny the part where he's drained by water. How i wish he could bring back that built soon, I hope he'd gain more meat.... :lol::sweatingbullets:

Guest Shinde18

OMG! :tears: Kwon's gorgeous hair! what happend to it!

haha oh god i really don't like these Curls. They look terrible hehe :(

i want his normal hair back. This makes him look much older too. :rolleyes:

Guest Azura

Hello gals...we got to see sangwoo ssi again last nite at CGV cinema at Coex Mall.

He arrived at around 9.30 and went to 2 sets of stage greeting.

Well his mood was good and i say Hi to him...one of my friend her mission is accomplished cos she managed to pass her gifts for him and he took it himself.

We are trying to catch him tonight in another threater. till then. :rolleyes:

Hello gals...we got to see sangwoo ssi again last nite at CGV cinema at Coex Mall.

Well his mood was good and i say Hi to him...one of my friend her mission is accomplished cos she managed to pass her gifts for him and he took it himself.

Hi azura, thanks for sharing your story............I do envy you, my dear - you get to see him more than once already while you're there right now - you see him up close & personal. I hope you'll be lucky again tonight. Enjoy your vacation. :lol::)

Guest TY_KSW

Aja aja, fighting

pls catch him whenever he goes.. He will make a stage-greeting marathon dear..

It is the golden chance for u!

OMG! :tears: Kwon's gorgeous hair! what happend to it!

haha oh god i really don't like these Curls. They look terrible hehe :(

i want his normal hair back. This makes him look much older too. :rolleyes:

agreed! :angry: Sangwoo's hairstylist oughta be lynched! <_<

Guest TY_KSW

agreed! :angry: Sangwoo's hairstylist oughta be lynched! <_<

Calm down dear, it is not un-adjustable! he just amend his mistake by straighten it...

Need no lynch dear.. :lol:

Now Showing and Movies on Cable

More than Blue

ns0312_1.jpg

K, a radio producer who loves Cream, is told that he has only a few months left to live. Because he knows that her biggest fear is to be left alone, he keeps his secret and makes a hard decision to urge her to marry a healthy, goodhearted man, Ju-hwan. Even though his heart breaks when she announces that she has fallen in love with the man, he never expresses his true love so not to be an obstacle in her life. 15 and over. 105 minutes.

Megabox Coex (1544-0600) inside Coex Mall near exits 5 and 6 of Samseong Station on subway line 2

Hanil Cinema (1544-9757) near exit 6 of Cheonho Station on subway line 5 and 8

CGV Gangnam (1544-2280) connected to Gangnam Station on subway line 2

CGV Gonghang (1544-1122) near exit 2 of Gimpo Int'l Airport Station on subway line 5

Shortbus

Sophia, a couples counselor who has to deal with sexual issues, learns that a club _ Shortbus _ is the place that a lot of people go to, because it's known as a good place to work out problems in sexual relationships. She joins the club to solve her own private problem. 18 and over. 102 minutes.

It's a Boy Girl Thing

Nell Bedworth and Woody Deane are neighbors, who have nothing in common with each other. Nell is sensitive and a well-prepared girl ready to go to Yale, while Woody is rude and prepares to join a mediocre university due to his ability in playing football. One day, they argue in the museum as usual, but suddenly their souls swap bodies, creating a difficult situation for them. 15 and over. 90 minutes.

The Accidental Husband

Famed love expert and radio host Dr. Emma Lloyd finds out that she is already married to a man she's never met before. Unknown to her fiance, she makes desperate efforts to unravel the mystery by herself. But after encountering her accidental husband, she starts to have romantic feelings for him. 15 and over. 90 minutes.

Dragonball Evolution

Adapted from the comic book of the same name, the movie shows the fantastic adventures of young warrior, Son Goku. To prevent the vengeful Lord Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to take over the world, Goku sets out to obtain the magical Dragonball, which has unlimited power, before Piccolo does. All ages are admitted. 85 minutes.

Friday the 13th

Trent and his friends go on a weekend trip to Crystal Lake, where they encounter Clay Miller, who lost his younger sister there a few weeks ago. Through his story about his sister, Trent and his friends have a feeling that something is not right. 18 and over. 97 minutes.

Movies on Cable TV

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Music and Lyrics

Credit : Korea Times