Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** This will be an interesting project for him. :lol:

KWON SANG WOO IN HOLLYWOOD?

posterphoto92684.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo has received a lovecall from the Hollywood film "Green Hornet" for the character Kato that was supposed to be Stephen Chow's role. However, because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon.

Asia's star Kwon Sang-woo has been able to break through the language barrier and part take in this film!

It is known that Kwon's English hasn't been perfect throughout the audition with the main actor Seth Rogen, however, it was successful.

The filming will begin this September and will be released in 2010.

Other stars in this film are Nicolas Cage and Cameron Diaz.

Green Hornet has been a popular radio drama of 1930s and has been made into a film in 1940. It has also been loved as comic books and TV series.

Green Hornet's main character is about a hero who works in a newspaper company as an editor which she inherited from her father and in the night living as a green hornet wearing a black mask defeating enemies.

Kwon's role will be that of a driver of the green hornet. Kwon will be driving Black Beauty which is a top rate automobile.

Credits: Nate, Han Cinema

Guest TY_KSW

*** This will be an interesting project for him. :lol:

KWON SANG WOO IN HOLLYWOOD?

Kwon Sang-woo has received a lovecall from the Hollywood film "Green Hornet" for the character Kato that was supposed to be Stephen Chow's role. However, because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon.

Asia's star Kwon Sang-woo has been able to break through the language barrier and part take in this film!

It is known that Kwon's English hasn't been perfect throughout the audition with the main actor Seth Rogen, however, it was successful.

The filming will begin this September and will be released in 2010.

Other stars in this film are Nicolas Cage and Cameron Diaz.

Green Hornet has been a popular radio drama of 1930s and has been made into a film in 1940. It has also been loved as comic books and TV series.

Green Hornet's main character is about a hero who works in a newspaper company as an editor which she inherited from her father and in the night living as a green hornet wearing a black mask defeating enemies.

Kwon's role will be that of a driver of the green hornet. Kwon will be driving Black Beauty which is a top rate automobile.

Credits: Nate, Han Cinema

Thankssss lotsss my dear!

We know, no Asian star could speak perfect English in Hollywood films except those who were born in States!

To our man, acting and skill.. That are perfect...

We need anymore else??

none!

Thats fine to me.. :lol:

Cinderella Man gets its apology

July 24th, 2009 // by javabeans

cin_5.jpg

The fighting is over for drama series Cinderella Man, which had been accused of plagiarism in May by the production company of another proposed drama. On July 24, nearly two months after the drama limped to its June 4 finale, Cinderella Man and its production company, Core Contents Media, got an official apology and retraction.

Back in May, production company LK had said in an interview that Cinderella Man had ripped off a drama it had been developing called Fashion King. Core Contents immediately countered the claims and jumped to defend Cinderella Man’s producers and writer, going so far as to sue both LK and the media source for defamation.

On July 24, the paper issued a correction, while Fashion King writer and representative Kim Ki-ho publicly stated, “After examining Cinderella Man, there is too weak of a basis for the claim, so it is not plagiarism.” And thus concludes this chapter in fashion-drama sniping.

Via Star News, No Cut News

Guest TY_KSW

Cinderella Man gets its apology

July 24th, 2009 // by javabeans

On July 24, the paper issued a correction, while Fashion King writer and representative Kim Ki-ho publicly stated, "After examining Cinderella Man, there is too weak of a basis for the claim, so it is not plagiarism." And thus concludes this chapter in fashion-drama sniping.

Via Star News, No Cut News

It said "Measure thy cloth ten times, thou can cut it but once"

B)

Guest TY_KSW

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo in talks for ‘Green Hornet’s Kato?

Posted by Andrew Mack at 9:30pm.

Posted in Rumors , Cult, Martial Arts, Action, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Asia, USA & Canada.

Kwon-Sang-woo-blue.jpg

Chalk this one under cautiously optimistic. We like Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo quite a bit around here. From Volcano High through Once Upon a Time in Highschool he has displayed a knack for the martial arts so it is with a bit of trepidation that we read that he is now in talks to take over the role of Kato in the Green Hornet, the spot previously held by Stephen Chow.

Kwon Sang-woo has received a lovecall from the Hollywood film “Green Hornet” for the character Kato that was supposed to be Stephen Chow’s role. However, because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon. Asia’s star kwon Sang-woo has been able to break through the language barrier and part take in this film! It is known that Kwon’s English hasn’t been perfect throughout the audition with the main actor Seth Rogen, however, it was successful.

Now, this is why I find this article questionable at best. It cites that the reason that Chow left the production was because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon. I’ve seen Chow in English speaking interviews and I understood everything he said. Regardless, Chow is gone and Kwon could be in.

This would make the third Korean heartthrob, following Lee Byeong-Heon and his role in G.I. Joe and Rain in Ninja Assassin, to take a stab at Hollywood this year. But, if this is true and it works out for him and he gets the role I think the exposure of a Seth Rogen led film would amount to more returns than [c]G.I. Joe will for Lee and Assassin will for Rain.

Source: http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/

Guest ny2002

Hello Everyone!

Long time no post! :mellow:

I read about the Green Hornet news awhile ago... And I got really excited! :w00t: Hope he gets the part! Good luck KSW! Fighting! Hehehe :D

Re: photo- Oooh... lucky girl!

Have a Good Week to ALL! :)

Hello Everyone!

Long time no post! :mellow:

I read about the Green Hornet news awhile ago... And I got really excited! :w00t: Hope he gets the part! Good luck KSW! Fighting! Hehehe :D

Re: photo- Oooh... lucky girl!

Have a Good Week to ALL! :)

Hi ny2002, he auditioned & I thought he got the part already. :mellow::lol:

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo in talks for ‘Green Hornet’s Kato?

Posted by Andrew Mack at 9:30pm.

Posted in Rumors , Cult, Martial Arts, Action, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Asia, USA & Canada.

[]http://twitchfilm.net/site/images/uploads/Kwon-Sang-woo-blue.jpg[]

Chalk this one under cautiously optimistic. We like Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo quite a bit around here. From Volcano High through Once Upon a Time in Highschool he has displayed a knack for the martial arts so it is with a bit of trepidation that we read that he is now in talks to take over the role of Kato in the Green Hornet, the spot previously held by Stephen Chow.

Kwon Sang-woo has received a lovecall from the Hollywood film “Green Hornet” for the character Kato that was supposed to be Stephen Chow’s role. However, because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon. Asia’s star kwon Sang-woo has been able to break through the language barrier and part take in this film! It is known that Kwon’s English hasn’t been perfect throughout the audition with the main actor Seth Rogen, however, it was successful.

Now, this is why I find this article questionable at best. It cites that the reason that Chow left the production was because Chow could not speak English, his role went to Kwon. I’ve seen Chow in English speaking interviews and I understood everything he said. Regardless, Chow is gone and Kwon could be in.

This would make the third Korean heartthrob, following Lee Byeong-Heon and his role in G.I. Joe and Rain in Ninja Assassin, to take a stab at Hollywood this year. But, if this is true and it works out for him and he gets the role I think the exposure of a Seth Rogen led film would amount to more returns than [c]G.I. Joe will for Lee and Assassin will for Rain.

Source: http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/

TY, thanks for sharing this. I'm confused, dear - is he confirmed to play this role or not yet......... Some articles I read says that he's going to play the part & will start shooting soon. ;):mellow:

Guest TY_KSW

TY, thanks for sharing this. I'm confused, dear - is he confirmed to play this role or not yet......... Some articles I read says that he's going to play the part & will start shooting soon. ;):mellow:

dear, per news, he won the audition!

but he the man havent yet announced...

we have to be patient a little bit! kkekkeke!

Guest TY_KSW

The man haven't said anything out yet!

news and articles are everywhere!

Mags n news in my country are fast too... :lol:

Is Kwon Sang Woo the choice in Hollywood remake of the ‘Green Hornet’?

July 27, 2009 by Jonah

For those who are guessing why Kwon Sang Woo is in the United States during a time when the divorce rumors are spreading, the answer is that he is making rounds to audition for films including the remake of the TV series “The Green Hornet”.

greenvqb.jpg

The original cast of Green Hornet (above) and Kwon Sang Woo (below)

Kwon is being considered for the role after Stephen Chow who was supposed to direct the film and play the role of Kato the plans didn’t push through because of scheduling conflicts.

According to Entertainment Weekly:

“First he was no longer directing The Green Hornet. Now, Stephen Chow, the Hong Kong actor-helmer-madcap mayhem maestro behind the martial arts comedies Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, has left the production altogether. Chow will no longer be playing sidekick Kato to Seth Rogen’s Green Hornet in director Michel Gondry’s relaunch of the 20th century pulp hero as 21st century superhero. ‘There was a mutual and amicable decision by both sides to move on,” a Columbia Pictures spokesperon said in a statement. ‘We are out now to cast a new Kato and remain fully committed to Michel Gondry’s exciting vision for the film, which will begin production this September.’”

If Kwon gets the role, it will be a big boost to his career considering that the cast includes Cameron Diaz and Nicholas Cage. And playing Kato is a major role in the film.

If he succeeds, Kwon will follow the footsteps of Daniel Henney and Rain.

Source: http://kimchisoju.wordpress.com/ ... f-the-green-hornet/

The man haven't said anything out yet!

news and articles are everywhere!

Mags n news in my country are fast too... :lol:

Is Kwon Sang Woo the choice in Hollywood remake of the ‘Green Hornet’?

July 27, 2009 by Jonah

For those who are guessing why Kwon Sang Woo is in the United States during a time when the divorce rumors are spreading, the answer is that he is making rounds to audition for films including the remake of the TV series “The Green Hornet”.

[] greenvqb.jpg[/]

The original cast of Green Hornet (above) and Kwon Sang Woo (below)

Kwon is being considered for the role after Stephen Chow who was supposed to direct the film and play the role of Kato the plans didn’t push through because of scheduling conflicts.

According to Entertainment Weekly:

“First he was no longer directing The Green Hornet. Now, Stephen Chow, the Hong Kong actor-helmer-madcap mayhem maestro behind the martial arts comedies Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, has left the production altogether. Chow will no longer be playing sidekick Kato to Seth Rogen’s Green Hornet in director Michel Gondry’s relaunch of the 20th century pulp hero as 21st century superhero. ‘There was a mutual and amicable decision by both sides to move on,” a Columbia Pictures spokesperon said in a statement. ‘We are out now to cast a new Kato and remain fully committed to Michel Gondry’s exciting vision for the film, which will begin production this September.’”

If Kwon gets the role, it will be a big boost to his career considering that the cast includes Cameron Diaz and Nicholas Cage. And playing Kato is a major role in the film.

If he succeeds, Kwon will follow the footsteps of Daniel Henney and Rain.

Source: http://kimchisoju.wordpress.com/ ... f-the-green-hornet/

Hi TY, thanks again for sharing this news. I hope KSW could comment about this soon. I hope everything is coming on his way well. :D:lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY, thanks again for sharing this news. I hope KSW could comment about this soon. I hope everything is coming on his way well. :D:lol:

i guess this coming Aug 2 when fans celebrate his birthday (Aug 5) we will hear more details from himself! :D

Once more news... spreading everywhere! :D

(Just post KSW part only)

Comic Book Movie Casting Rumors: Kato & Black Panther

kwon-sang-woo-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje.jpg

Today we take the rumor ride once again, this time pertaining to comic book movies and characters. It is being rumored (from two different sources) that Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo is in the running to replace Stephen Chow as The Green Hornet’s Kato, and Lost’s Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (aka Mr. Eko) is in talks to bring The Black Panther to life.

THE GREEN HORNET

Nate (via HanCinema and Twitchfilm) is reporting that Kwon Sang-woo is in the running to portray Kato in the upcoming Seth Rogen/Michel Gondry comic book movie, The Green Hornet. This comes after Stephen Chow walked away from the project first as director, then as Kato. Kwon is a former model who went on to star in such films as Volcano High, My Tutor Friend and Once Upon A Time In High School. He is considered, because of his looks and physique, as part of the “mom-zzang” or “great body” movement.

He was described in relation to the role of Kato to have received “a love call” for the film, and although his English isn’t 100%, the audition with Rogen was “successful.” If he were to get this role, it certainly would gain him exposure, and possible success, in Hollywood that he’s only had in South Korea thus far. He’s at least partly suited to the role of Kato, since he has experience doing action.

kwon-sang-woo-kato.jpg

The Green Hornet is scheduled to be released on July 9th, 2010, while

Source: http://screenrant.com

i guess this coming Aug 2 when fans celebrate his birthday (Aug 5) we will hear more details from himself! :D

Once more news... spreading everywhere! :D

(Just post KSW part only)

Comic Book Movie Casting Rumors: Kato & Black Panther

[]http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/kwon-sang-woo-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje.jpg[/]

Today we take the rumor ride once again, this time pertaining to comic book movies and characters. It is being rumored (from two different sources) that Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo is in the running to replace Stephen Chow as The Green Hornet’s Kato, and Lost’s Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (aka Mr. Eko) is in talks to bring The Black Panther to life.

THE GREEN HORNET

Nate (via HanCinema and Twitchfilm) is reporting that Kwon Sang-woo is in the running to portray Kato in the upcoming Seth Rogen/Michel Gondry comic book movie, The Green Hornet. This comes after Stephen Chow walked away from the project first as director, then as Kato. Kwon is a former model who went on to star in such films as Volcano High, My Tutor Friend and Once Upon A Time In High School. He is considered, because of his looks and physique, as part of the “mom-zzang” or “great body” movement.

He was described in relation to the role of Kato to have received “a love call” for the film, and although his English isn’t 100%, the audition with Rogen was “successful.” If he were to get this role, it certainly would gain him exposure, and possible success, in Hollywood that he’s only had in South Korea thus far. He’s at least partly suited to the role of Kato, since he has experience doing action.

[]http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/kwon-sang-woo-kato.jpg[/]

The Green Hornet is scheduled to be released on July 9th, 2010, while

Source: http://screenrant.com

TY, oh, there's a celebration of his special day on August 2? Thanks for this info, dear! His b-day is coming soon.......Again, thanks for sharing another news. :D:lol:

Guest ny2002

dear, per news, he won the audition!

but he the man havent yet announced...

we have to be patient a little bit! kkekkeke!

Hi Willenette! I believe TY and the latest updates have answered our questions. :) I hope that "successful" audition will really lead to a done deal! :D

Kwon Sang Woo Makes His Way to Hollywood

20090727_ksw_detail_001.jpg

Above the divorce rumors with Son Tae Young, we briefly talked about Kwon Sang Woo preparing for his Hollywood debut. It's been confirmed that he will be be in Michel Gondry's film 'Green Hornet' starring hotshots Nicholas Cage and Cameron Diaz.

The Green Hornet started as a radio program back in the 1930s, turned into a movie in 1940 then into a TV show in the '60s. It is about an editor from a newspaper company who turns themselves into a green hornet at night as a masked crime fighter. Kwon Sang Woo's role will be the driver of the green hornet.

It's unknown as to how big of a role Kwon Sang Woo has but nonetheless, big or small, it still is still a Hollywood debut. The movie is set to start filming in September and release on June 25, 2010. Kwon Sang Woo has a little more than a month to sharpen up that English!

source: nate, allkpop

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang Woo Makes His Way to Hollywood

Above the divorce rumors with Son Tae Young, we briefly talked about Kwon Sang Woo preparing for his Hollywood debut. It's been confirmed that he will be be in Michel Gondry's film 'Green Hornet' starring hotshots Nicholas Cage and Cameron Diaz.

source: nate, allkpop

so, confirmed or not confirmed??

i still wonder if ROAD NUMBER 1??? :lol:

so busy Kwon papa! :lol:

Ayay, thx willenette for sharing the news..

So, what about Road No.1? Is it going to be canceled or delayed due to "Green Hornet" filming?

Hmm, i think the first thing in Sang Woo oppa mind is he will concentrate on his first Hollywood movie.. :D

This time, Sang Woo oppa have to practice his English..Well, good luck Sang Woo oppa..You can!!!

All you have to do is look at Bi...Isn't it right will and TY? :lol: