A Random Post

Guest susan

I'm not singing.
I haven't been on soompi for awhile, and I barely touched the singers section, but it's pretty refreshing to see new singers and whatnot. I'm glad you guys are still recording and producing. I don't know why I'm posting on here, but I felt you guys should know a bit of what's going on with the music industry nowadays. A lot of my friends and I have gotten the opportunity to work at some of the biggest labels in the industry: I work at J Records, my friends work at Columbia, Epic, RCA, Arista, Universal, etc. These labels are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for new talent, and not necessarily American, but international talent. A friend of mine, the only thing he does is go on myspace.com and look for unsigned artists that have potential to be signed to Epic Records and he writes them down. Then A&R reps will check them out and many artists have been signed that way--it's unbelievable. But you can't wait for opportunity to come to you... you should most definitely look for ways to get into contact with reps, make an effort to send your demos, and keep repeating the process, especially if it's your dream. And now with Bi/Rain fever, labels are getting really interested in what the Korean music industry has to offer, no joke. That's all I have to say.. so keep doing your thing and maybe we'll see you as the new face of [insert label name here]. Have fun~ And if you have ANY questions, feel free to email me (not PM cuz I don't check enough) at heeyoon.cho@gmail.com

Nah, I'm pretty much doing b-tch work. But it's definitely a good experience, I mean, I don't expect to get straight to the top without doing the crap work before it.

I've learned A LOT though, just by observing and listening to executives, and I think myspace is a great way to start publicizing yourself. Add lots of friends and make yourself seem like a big deal, and if you're good enough, somebody might hand you a record deal.

Admirable, as I've said before.

But the more I'm learning about the industry and what one needs to make it, I am definitely getting the feeling I don't have that. :P

But at least you do! Haha, make it big Susan~

Guest Sakura Li

That sounds awesome but I don't have a myspace cuz I hate it. XD Good luck with you Susan! I'm definitely buying ur album someday. ^^

Archived