B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest kayem7289

Grrrr...SS is being mean right now so it might take a while for me to finish downloading the SNSD clip lol.

Boo...BoA didn't show up -_- .

BoA is so pretty in those caps, I love her hair like that.

Never was a big fan of Edison :sweatingbullets: .

Finally watched it, and yeah, it was pretty good, but there was something missing...I know, BOA!

Haha, but it was alright. It just wasn't as powerful as something we'd usually see from BoA, they weren't enthused enough. I also saw a little mistake during My Name, but HyoYeon did really good (of course she would!). I was really hoping to see them in heels though because if BoA did all of hers (well, them ajority of them) in heels, then they should, too lol.

V I know EXACTLY what you mean; I won't get too deep into it because when I get fired up, it's hard sometimes to stop writing lol. Anyway, yeah...I'm such a big fan of DBSK and BoA, so it really sets me off when I hear people say how SM is all about look and schemes to win more awards. I mean, if SM's clients were THAT untalented, don't you think the netizens and overall population would've realized that by now? Even if you're a big fan of someone, you usually can tell if that person is talented or not. For example, I used to be a huuuuuge Britney fan, but I always knew she didn't really have much talent. So even if there are a billion fangirls for a certain artist, I'm sure they would've mentioned something by now.

I admit that SM may not have the best reputation or the best artists, but they still churn out big artists because obviously that artist/group has something to offer. I'm pretty sure SM doesn't have the power to brainwash everyone into liking their client so it's up to the people to decide whether the artist makes it or not.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can watch BoA's congratulatory comment and SNSD's performance HERE

It was good...they brought a different feeling to My Name (GoT was just an intro dance...they didn't sing it). I had a hard time keeping up with who was singing though, lol. Hyoyeon, of course, did well with the solo dance part. I liked it...they're doing really well for a newbie group^^

I have another mini rant though...is it bugging anyone else that any artist from SM is automatically deemed untalented and that any award or recognition is completely based on bribes or crazy lunatic fans? Honestly, I can't think of a single SM artist that isn't talented. Sure, they're not amazing amazing vocalists, but they're certainly not horrible (or as completely talentless as some people think). Just because a majority of them are good looking, it doesn't take away from the fact that they actually have talent and put on good performances. Just because a group has more members than the usual 4-5 member group doesn't make them less talented. It takes more than pure talent to succeed in the entertainment industry...you need the charisma to attract and pull in your audience..and you also need good marketing and promotion (which SM, IMO, does far better than any other company). Awards are usually given based on album sales and overall popularity. NOT talent. That is exactly why Hyori won (and deserved) all those daesangs in 2003...she was THE most popular artist that year...not because she was the most talented (no offense to any Hyori fans :X).

It just bugs me when I poke around different forums in the threads about BoA/DBSK/Suju/etcetc winning an award, and then all the replies are going "oh well OF COURSE the SM people won them...*rolls eyes*".

Guest talksound

why are some people disappointed that boa didn't show up? she was never going to. -___-

they did not do GOT some justice. i mean, half of it wasn't even the actual dance. my name was alright, i thought taeyeon is like a mini-boa, her voice in my name was really good. so that was interesting.

i didn't like it though. i don't feel that they did boa any justice. it's not just because "of course, it's boa's song, no one sounds better than the original.." yaddah yaddah yaddah.

offtopic or not, some of the 9 girls were smiling and adding their happy faces on during the perf, when it was ... a more of a spunky song. having fun and being fierce on stage are two totally different things.

it was nice that boa had a prerecorded message though.

Guest astarael

Thank you for the caps, Bum! I loved her hair, and I miss the days when she had so many activities and promotions and she was everywhere. It was cool to see her with Edison, too; BoA was his type (actually, one of his types), and he was "similar" to her type of guy, lol.

Hm, I found something a bit lacking in the SNSD BoA Special. The "feeling" wasn't all there, like when BoA performs My Name, she has this attitude and this vibe about her, which I didn't quite get from SNSD; I saw a couple "cute" expressions that I felt didn't really belong, but it's okay. I'm glad that they brought some part of BoA back to the Korean stage, even if it was just her songs. It just made me miss BoA even more, you know? I thought the intro from Suju was really amusing though: best star BoA sshi! blah blah insa blah blah! *insert Shindong's =O face* lol, I don't know. I'm thankful that BoA even recorded something for the Korean audiences so we can see her pretty face, and that they had a little tribute video for her. :] Miss her. <3

Hm, SM seems to have the worst reputation out of all the entertainment companies; LSM and his stars have a lot of critics and a lot of ridiculous rumors going around about them. I just think that most of the artists under SM have that 'X' factor, the charisma that keeps people interested, and yes, I agree. They're not the best singers (I think it's all a matter of personal preference and taste), but if they didn't have any talent whatsoever, people wouldn't pay attention to them. There are a lot of great singers out there, but if they don't have the 'X' factor, they might not make it very big.

Thanks for the line from LJW's thanks to, Wing. I honestly didn't know that they had a relationship like that. :] It's sweet.

And I watched this old video last night, it's the Elite CF shooting with Kibum, and BoA got Kibum to sing the 3 Bears Song for her, haha. It was her birthday? Anyway, maybe these two are actually friends and not just acquaintances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VfCmbvl3VrM

Guest heygingersnap

i had the same reaction as most of you when i watched snsd's version.

i'm a huuuge fan of them, but i don't think they wore the right kind of attitude.

no one can do it like boa anyway ^^, but they didn't do too bad.

that's kinda what i love about SM anyway - snsd got to perform their sunbae's song.

it just made it really cool bc boa is seriously the ultimate star to look up to, if anyone.

anyway, about SM not being talented... please. come on.

all of them are talented, if not in singing, then in other stuff like dancing and mc'ing.

honestly, people get their panties in a huge bunch just bc most of them are pretty.

back to boa... uhh, i actually think this absence in korea is kinda good.

bc then everyone will totally go crazy when she DOES go back. 8D;

also, am i the only one who thinks LOVE LETTER is actually doing okay? o_o

i mean, it stayed in the top 20 for a couple weeks already...

i dunno, i think some people expect boa is superwoman or sthing.

her sales are a little low compared to some of her other singles,

but i actually think that it did okay. :x for not being an upbeat song.

oh, did anyone watch her talk on music fighter a couple days ago?

i've been absent from this thread so i haven't been keeping up... ><

anyway, it was really cute. she was saying she forgot her first love's name. rofl.

if i was that guy i'd be sad. ... if the guy knew O_O. she was in elementary.

and she did a little imitation of koda kumi. i thought it was funny.

especially since kumi has such a unique kind of voice. XD

plus~ when that guy was drawing, she was rude but in a cute way.

he was drawing former jpnese PM abe, and she was like, "it doesn't look like him!"

but i actually thought it did. and when he drew her, she said it looks like herself...

but i thought it didn't. rofl. idk, but i had a good time watching her, as always.

i think she has an awesome personality, not exactly the friendliest, but she's so funny.

anyway, i talked so much already, sorry!!

i've missed this thread. <3

Guest hanjin90
Thank you for the caps, Bum! I loved her hair, and I miss the days when she had so many activities and promotions and she was everywhere. It was cool to see her with Edison, too; BoA was his type (actually, one of his types), and he was "similar" to her type of guy, lol.

i remember when BoA was in Taiwan to promote for Levis, Edison praised her a lot & he also wrote 'bout BoA in his blog tat he REALLY likes her & wants to act with her in a movie or something ^

i just hope tat BoA will come back to Korea soon, how about a drama in early 2008 and an Korean album in the middle of the year?? well, just my wish T.T

I don't want to reiterate, but dear God-- the woman needs a freaking Korean comeback!

As much as I love BoA, I can't just sit here in front of my computer chair and watch her career go downhill, cause honestly, from what I'm seeing... her career is headed towards that direction due to inactivity. lol All my fangirlship energy needs a new focus now... and I've found KARA. I still love BoA. Two to three years of fangirling over BoA isn't that easy to forget... ever.

I just really feel that... "Okay, so what exactly is she doing?" besides for the whole Love Letter single, which doesn't really appeal as much as her old stuff.

I'm not a big fan of SNSD. I don't listen to them as much... or care as much about them... I honestly thought their GoT rendition wasn't worthy of a watch... while the My Name rendition was okay. And just like everybody says... maybe it's because of the lack of attitude.

Back to BoA-related stuff...

Here's what I really feel... in an honest... and direct manner....

OH MY GOD, WHY DO I FEEL LIKE SHE'S SO INACTIVE?? IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY IN A WAY THAT I KIND OF STARTING TO GET THE IDEA OF HOW IT WOULD BE IF SHE RETIRES??!!!

*breathes in and out*

Hello guys, It's been long since I posted in this thread. :)

she really needs to make a korean album

after mist... i really miss her preforming in korean stage

shes not doing so well in japan

haven't posted here for so long...

agree...

i'm so sure her korean fans are waiting.

i really want her back in korea.

mist wasn't really much because we don't really see her performing on gayo shows

and promoting it.

so BoA please go back to your native land!

everyone's waiting!

also, am i the only one who thinks LOVE LETTER is actually doing okay? o_o

i mean, it stayed in the top 20 for a couple weeks already...

i dunno, i think some people expect boa is superwoman or sthing.

her sales are a little low compared to some of her other singles,

but i actually think that it did okay. :x for not being an upbeat song.

you do have a point.

but we are all used to BoA getting #1's so...

yeah...i'm (if not all of us) disappointed at how love letter is doing in the charts.

it deserves so much higher. :(

i really want her back in korea!

Thanks for the line from LJW's thanks to, Wing. I honestly didn't know that they had a relationship like that. :] It's sweet.

And I watched this old video last night, it's the Elite CF shooting with Kibum, and BoA got Kibum to sing the 3 Bears Song for her, haha. It was her birthday? Anyway, maybe these two are actually friends and not just acquaintances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VfCmbvl3VrM

Ah, I love that video! Haha. I hope she and KiBum are friends. I think they are... there were pictures from a while back of them and HeeChul hanging out, weren't there? And KiBum looked like he was about to jump someone from his expression, lol. Gah, I love KiBum. He's so cute when he says "I'm very happy because I get to work with a top star even though I'm just a newbie." And his expression when someone says "Where's KiBum? Tell him to come." His scrunches up his face into this adorable little smile! <333 And then at the end when BoA says "You better listen to nuna!" and he goes "You're really so pretty!" Hahahaha.

And I'm so happy that the "Akkah Jjang" does refer to BoA! Hahah. I love it when she's mentioned in thanks, especially from artist I'm a fan of, such as Se7en and WheeSung. I didnt know Lee Jae Won was close to her, though. It seemed like KangTa was the closest to her out of HOT, and that in general she was closer to the Shinhwa boys. Ah, whatever, it's still so cute! His little message was adorable and really sweet. I love how these guys have that little nickname for her! In Wheesung's thanks it said something like, "To adorable Akkah Jjang BoA. Do I really look that weak? ㅋㅋ" Hahaha. So cute. <3

I don't really pay much attention to those people... they just assume because SM's the poppier label with some good looking people, that none of them will be talented and need the backing of SM to win awards. Whateverrss. We know it's not true. I mean, look at some of the singers SM has debuted, such KangTa, HwanHee, and Shin HyeSung! Not to mention that with the popularity and success of some of SM's old and current acts (HOT, ShinHwa, BoA, DBSG, Super Junior, etc. etc. etc.), why would they even need SM's backing to win something? And a little off topic, but I dislike it when people automatically talk trash about LSM from a few bad rumors. I mean, I'm not saying that he's the nicest and freaking kindest and most amazing man in existence or anything, but it doesn't seem very probable that he goes around beating his top singers who need to go out and perform.

I just want BoA's 6th album comeback!!

Guest atlantis-x

i couldnt watch the mnet countdown performance on daum but i saw the links at boajjang and thought to share it here.

SNSD 소녀시대 M COUNTDOWN Special stage - [boA Performence]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OH58hrNhts&NR=1

SNSD 소녀시대 M COUNTDOWN _DA.MAN.SE Rehearsal (10.11.07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGaoZi1F5j8

i m no fan of SNSD myself. but i guess it's a good effort of them to put up that performance. i think they did enjoy themselves so yep. good effort! though i got a little confused during 'my name' coz they kept switching singers around. haha.

though it was kind of nostalgic watching that performance. if only it was boa strutting her stuff there. i mean not that SNSD are not good. but i guess boa's stage presence and charisma is not that easily replicated by anyone no matter how talented they are.

i miss her korean songs. though boa is apparently more known for her japanese works, it's really her korean works that caught my attention. and she NEVER fails to amaze me with all her dance songs performance(lip synced or not) in korea.

her japanese songs are still good. though like what many said, it's really getting too safe that there is not much of a breakthrough any more i guess.

but in any case. there are stuff to look out for. like the ANYBAND CF and the collab with seamo? i shall await to see if she can surprise us!(:

yay! BoA went up!! She's no.26 for today ^^

winG* and atlantis-x, thanks for the SNSD performances and astarael, thank you for the Elite CF shooting!

The performances were really nostalgic, and I think it's a good way to kinda remind people how good BoA was with My Name and GoT. But I have to say, BoA does so much better with dancing and singing in My Name... sorry to SNSD fans ^^;;

and yea, I have to agree her Korean songs are way better...

Is it me, or are Japanese people really not interested in her Korean songs as Koreans are so interested in her Japanese songs? She does better with dance type songs in Japan but I don't see a lot of Japanese fans freaking out about GoT or Moto as Koreans do right now with Love Letter.. or any of her other Japanese singles.

Guest heygingersnap
Is it me, or are Japanese people really not interested in her Korean songs as Koreans are so interested in her Japanese songs? She does better with dance type songs in Japan but I don't see a lot of Japanese fans freaking out about GoT or Moto as Koreans do right now with Love Letter.. or any of her other Japanese singles.

i think you have to realize that pop is defined differently in both countries.

japan tends like to upbeat poppy songs (just think of JE songs),

while korea leans toward the more urban r&b beats. even their ballads differ.

think of dbsk right now as they concentrated on japan this year.

their songs are noticeably different than their korean ones, even if some are remakes.

i think the same goes for boa... it just depends on which audience you're catering to.

oh man i can ony watch the snsd performance in youtbe..can't really see their expressions very clearly.. got a bit giddy watching them perform..cos there are 9 BoA in it!!..haha... well not too bad for new singer.. i mean BoA has done that performance like milliosn of time..okie matbe not that many....

wonder how will BoA react if she's watching it..hehe..maybe comenting their pose in her mind..

Guest astarael

Minjoo? I was waiting for when you'd return from your vacation, lol. I'm glad you posted here. I think almost everyone would like to see a Korean album from BoA, and although I do enjoy and appreciate her Japanese work, it has been two years since she's been in Korea doing promotions and whatnot. More than anything, I don't want her to be just cast aside like that for all these new artists, and though I do agree with her that there is a "natural flow" and seniors have to make way for the juniors, she's too young for that! And like Vanessa said, Japan and Korea have different styles of pop, so with BoA, you get a variety of music! hahah <3

Whoo, thanks for that little translation, Jina! I thought Kibum and BoA were really cute in the video, and now they've grown up to be such charismatic, sophisticated people. I don't know if I'll ever get to see them joke around again like they did at the end, with her telling him to listen to nuna. :]

I finally watched that Music Fighter talk as well, and I found it really funny. I think they kind of recapped some old clips like the one of her at the Cannes Film Festival with Bruce Willis, and they asked her what it was that he said to her on the red carpet: You're so beautiful. I thought it was cool how that guy did those drawings too, with letters and characters, and I think BoA likes to joke around. Plus she can be blunt, so it might come out the wrong way. She's said before that she can't make jokes as much anymore because people take her seriously. :X

That clip of Wheesung on "Come On Over/Nul Luh Wa", and I was just laughing. Wheesung seemed kind of shy talking about it at times, and he kept mentioning that she was a 'world star', like he can't meet with her because she's a world star, hahah. No Hong Chul joins in about how his hoobae is BoA's older brother, so he was able to talk with her on the phone. This guy talks really fast, I wouldn't be surprised if BoA was completely taken off-guard by his hyperactive personality, lol. Then Kim Jong Min says that he's also been able to meet her at a radio show... back when she was around 13, lol. He's hilarious.

http://boasesang.cafe24.com/zboard/zboard....29b4d1a728c9efd

And Part 2 of Channel a. They talk a bit about her own toy poodle, and then they stop at one of those salons for dogs (forgot the term for it), lol. xD Anyway, she's just taken in by the dogs there; she really loves them, eh? Anyway, later on, she gets to meet other animals!

http://boasesang.cafe24.com/zboard/zboard....29b4d1a728c9efd

hmm.. I think people should understand its not easy for boa to make a korean comeback just like that. She's popular as she is now... and releasing a new album might..bring her down? What if people don't buy her album anymore? It'll like...put a bad record to her name. Her GOT album sales is like..HORRIBLE. I think they're really afraid she'll drop lower than that. That's y she really really need to release something SPECIAL or just don't release anything at all.

She's a female singer.. she's not a BOYBAND. >.< I don't know whois the highest selling female artist at the moment but I think it's either Ivy or Lee Soo Young. Lee soo young's last album sold around like 300k(?) but I don't think she could even sell 100k for her current album.

I really think SM is just being practical here. They'll prob make her do something other than singing 1st ( like acting? or release an english album) to at least bring up her 'exposure' before releasing a new korean album (Like how Rain actually got 'huge' because he acted in FULL HOUSE and thus the album he released after that was a huge success just cause of that -_-).

^ I wouldn't say that her GoT album sales were HORRIBLE...album sales in Korea are dropping in general, and anything over 100,000 was considered really good. Didn't she have the highest selling album for female artists that year?

I agree though, a drama or something could spark more interest for her and her album...but I think even if she were to go straight to her 6th album, it would do well because it's been so long...there's so much anticipation.

I was watching the M-net 100th special or whatever...and that little intro clip of BoA has me missing the My Name days so much T_T

i agree with you Wing i miss her

My Name and Girls on Top days

those were like THE BEST years

she had like the cute outfit and she

was like dancing ALOT in many shows

and love the Girls on Top outfit most of all

military style XD and her hair was really

gorgeous

punk.jpg

Credits For Pictures:

Kwon Orin @ Boajjang

6f11fd.jpg

hmm.. I think people should understand its not easy for boa to make a korean comeback just like that. She's popular as she is now... and releasing a new album might..bring her down? What if people don't buy her album anymore? It'll like...put a bad record to her name. Her GOT album sales is like..HORRIBLE. I think they're really afraid she'll drop lower than that. That's y she really really need to release something SPECIAL or just don't release anything at all.

She's a female singer.. she's not a BOYBAND. >.< I don't know whois the highest selling female artist at the moment but I think it's either Ivy or Lee Soo Young. Lee soo young's last album sold around like 300k(?) but I don't think she could even sell 100k for her current album.

I really think SM is just being practical here. They'll prob make her do something other than singing 1st ( like acting? or release an english album) to at least bring up her 'exposure' before releasing a new korean album (Like how Rain actually got 'huge' because he acted in FULL HOUSE and thus the album he released after that was a huge success just cause of that -_-).

i don't think her GOT sales were "HORRIBLE," just because it sold less than 300,000 copies or whatnot...

koreans just aren't particularly good at buying physical music copies (or music in general).

i'm sure with her comeback, will come alot of hype, since BoA hasn't made any concrete music since FOREVER.

just look at britney spears' comeback.

while her personal life may be in shambles, people still are anticipating her new album, fans and haters alike.

i'm not saying BoA and britney spears are the same person, but it is a similar concept.

Guest kayem7289

Actually Lee Soo Young's last album only sold 100k, but what made it so special was that she was the only solo female artists with such high sales. I still think that BoA would make a very successful comeback, I mean, her Japanese albums still sell about 20k in Korea. Which means people would still buy her album these days, especially if it's a Korean album :).

Her 125k for GoT was actually considered a success because sales in Korea have declined soooooo badly within the past few years. When No. 1 came out a few years ago and sold 571k it was like...The 8th best selling album of the year, and 571k these days would pretty much guarantee a #1 placement on the year end charts. So she could just sell 50-75k with a new album and it would still be considered a success in today's terms (especially for a solo female artist). With that said, I'm not worried about her [long awaited, hopefully it'll come soon, at least in this life-time] comeback :D.

As for Love Letter, what I've noticed with BoA's sales is quite interesting.

She's going through what Utada Hikaru went through from 2005-2006. Low physical sales, but high digital sales.

Compare Ayumi Hamasaki's Blue Bird from 2005 to BoA's Brand New Beat of the same year.

Blue bird sold 260,000 copies while Brand New Beat only sold about 90,000, but on the year end charts, Brand New Beat placed higher on the digital sales chart (at #10 while Blue Bird was at #16). I think we all also know how low Everlasting's physical sales were but it placed at #22 on the year end chart for digital sales as well (BoA and Utada Hikaru were the only artists to have two songs in the top 25).

Once digital sales are taken more seriously by Oricon, then more people will realize how much she still sells :).

Right now she is #6 (#3 yesterday) on iTunes Japan, which means she is ahead of other big name artists who released their single at about the same time. Woot for BoA!

Guest saranghae<3

I think if she releases her 6th korean album, she would do well because so many people are anticipating for it. She posts on her korea blog (which is SOO much more interesting than her japanese blog) and her fans are reading it. She's letting her fans to keep up with her current activity. Album sales are generally low in Korea... I believe BoA will be on the top<3

BoA HWAITING<3

Archived