B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suejinners

Well of course they can't perform it with such charisma and power that boa gives it. cause shes the original

these girls give off a pop- cute-girly vibe so it will be interesting to see them do such a different dance. i don't follow their stuff so i dont know if they do live a lot or not. but its gonna be hard breaking those two songs into 9 parts.

i don't think its some hugee thing its just for a 100th episode. if it was for a awards show then lots of effort would be put into. not that they don't put effort into things... but obviously if it was for an award show more time would be put into it.

its great that they are doing something for BoA. ^^

im sure she will be happy that 9 hoobaes are performing for her

--

but BoA really needs to come back.

the interest in her just dropped so much.. so much negativiy around her since shes spending time in Japan so much. and now since she said she wants to debut as an actresss theres ppl posting up the worst pics of her saying shes too short too fat to be an actress. Obviously all stars have their anti's but i just get annoyed even more cause they cross the line of the whole "japanese" "just stay in japan" "shes not korean shes japanese" etc etc. you know how some koreans are still sensitive about certain things with japan....

but you know how shes an easy target for ppl to nitpick on and stuff

i just read this huge post saying that she shouldn't even come back to korea as a singer or an actress... just stay in japan

since "she was trained to be a japanese singer anyways" -___-

& how when she goes on japanese shows shes all happy and bubbly but in korean interviews she acts like she doesn't want to be there. & how she doesn't even go on korean shows....... etc etc etc.

and you know that one clip... the making of key of heart she can't get the pronounciation right and she pouts. these stupid antis kept posting it up every so often so more ppl can see that "she can't even speak korean anymore cause shes japanese"

i hope BoA doesn't read that kind of stuff cause she did say she goes online a lot.. T__T

buts shes a strong girl ^^

thats why im really anticipating the anycall cf... im hoping it will jump start something for her as it did for hyori.

As for acting.... i really wish she would take it slow.... shes still very young and i still think that her korean album is wayyyyy overdue.

she knows that too but why isn't sm really doin anything? #$%#$%#$

that was super duper long. O__O sorry.

Guest hyeminnie

^ she really does need a comeback.

i mean, her latest single isn't doing as well as her ones in years past and her songs are getting too safe.

she needs to do SOMETHING in korea. even a single would do.

i agree with you guys.

GOT is BoA's song. it was produced just for her and if anyone else sings it, it's just weird. and they'll never live up to the performances BoA gave.

and it's just adding more fuel to the whole 'second BoA' thing.

i wonder how they'll sing that high part BoA sings.

Guest jessiep

^^I feel you, Suejinners :lol:

I remembered reading an article stating that BoA will spend more time in Korea than in Japan in 2007. Guess what??? That didn't happen, so I'm frustrating at SM Ent. too. It has been more than 2 years that BoA is inactive in Korea.

Now reading that BoA will be on Music Station in late October, it looks like to me that BoA will spend the rest of this year in Japan (she also has to do the X-mas concert in December). I just hope that she'll have enough preparation to make 2008 be BoA's year (the biggest comeback or biggest debut as an actress). I'm so greedy :lol:

There were a bunch of news of the ANycall CF, and now they're suddenly gone quietly :angry: Does it mean that this CF won't be out until 2008? I rather hope not (answering myself)... :rolleyes:

LOL! i hope they do meet and do that damn collab they were supposed to do. XD

Yes, it's way overdue and so is BoA's 6th Korean album. However, this won't happen anytime soon since Wheesung will be enlisted in the army toward the end of this year.

ps: I hope SNSD will do the justice of performing BoA's songs. It's very nice that BoA is still young (only 20) and already has her songs performed/honored by other singers.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys!!! Gah. I haven't been in here forever. Well, actually, I have, but I've just been reading occasionally. I've been so swamped with work. >< I made myself not come into this thread at first cuz I knew I'd be distracted, but then I broke, lol. I would, haha. I have such little self-control!

I actually just read the bit about BoA and WheeSung being text buddies! Haha, I thought it was so cute. I love that they're close. I didn't even know they knew each other until WheeSung mentioned that she was the first to congratulate him for his birthday via phone. Awww. I would think that it would be easier for him to make a date because he's the oppa, though, lol. I love that we're getting to know more about her friends and stuff lately, like about WheeSung and Yoon Do Hyun and Kim Jae Dong and everyone, lol.

Oh, and does anyone know if anyone calls BoA "Ah Kkah Jjang" or something? I was reading something over at Daum (it's pretty old), and someone asked how BoA and Se7en know each other... and someone responded saying that in Se7en's 2nd album he mentioned an "Akkah Jjang" in his thanks (as did WheeSung and JTL's Lee Jae Won) and that it refers to BoA?? I didn't think it seemed very likely, but I was just wondering. ^^

Annyyway... I'm off to the library again. There was an interview I got from here that I was going to translate... I still will! But I don't know when I'll be able to get it done! >< Classes get in the way of everything... haha. See you guys hopefully soon!!

<333333333

Edit // Gaaaah. All the antis drive me insane. They nitpick every single thing this girl does and she can never do anything right in their eyes. I remember when her Double single came out. People were complaining when she sang live because they wanted to see her dance fully, and then when she lip-synched they complained that she wasn't singing live!! People expect so much from her. And antis seem to just looove talking trash about her Japanese activities. So she's active in Japan. She's really successful there, and she earns a lot of money there. So naturally SM/Avex wants her to be active there! I'm sure she wants to release her 6th Korean album as much as we fans want her to, but she can't do everything when she personally wants to. And yes, it's been two years, but there are singers who take hiatuses that are just as long. There are singers attempting to break into the Japanese market, or the American market, or the Chinese market.

And people mispronounce words aaalll the time. People get tongue tied, they stutter, whatever. Who's never stumbled over a word before? I mispronounce Korean and English words sometimes, and I grew up speaking both languages! I'm an English major and I've always been in Honors/AP English and I'll stumble over some words. So... what? I can't even speak English anymore or something? It doesn't make sense. And it's not as if she's an orator.

And I'm sorry, but SHE'S TOO FAT?!?? I don't even know what to say to that. My jaw literally dropped.

I always get so worked up when people start to bash BoA. Not only because I'm a huge fan, but because stupid antis just seem to jump at the smallest chance to talk trash about her just because she's BoA. It's ridiculous. I'm sometimes astounded by the things people find to nitpick about her. This girl has given up so much and has poured herself into her work and her passion, and people can't shut up for a minute to respect that. One little thing and the antis are complaining.

I can't wait until she does come back with her 6th Korean album. She'll freaking blow everyone away.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm just kind of crazy right now, with work and antis and blah. ><

Guest astarael

Thank you for all the news, Sue Jin! It'll be pretty interesting to see how well SNSD can perform GOT and My Name, though no one can do it better than the original, in my opinion. :] They're BoA's songs, she made them hers with the amount of charisma and attitude that she put into them each time she performed. I wonder if they'll be able to capture the right feeling for each song, especially for GOT.

It's great to hear Wheesung talking about BoA like that. I'm not surprised that they don't meet very often since they're both so busy with their schedules, but they text and call and they do want to see each other. I say that Wheesung should make the first move and invite her to lunch or something; I feel as though BoA would be the type to wait for an invitation rather than extending an invite herself (unless it involved one of her female friends). I thought they were planning to release the collab song as a digital single or something, but if Wheesung is going into the army soon, I don't see how it'll be coming out anytime soon (unless they've already recorded it somehow).

Come back to Korea soon, BoA! The chances of her coming back by the end of the year seem pretty slim. So far, she has only Japanese performances scheduled all the way to Christmas. Which reminds me, thank you, sweetsmile, for the translation of Yoo Young Jin's letter! She's been studying music, so I'm hoping that she'll compose a song all by herself for her next Korean album; then we can finally listen to real 'BoA' music like she wanted. :]

I have to agree with Jina on just about everything (I'm glad you stopped by too, Jina!). There's just no way for BoA to please everyone, but at least they can respect all of her hard work and her dedication to music. This girl sacrifices so much to be able to do what she's doing now, she pours her heart and soul into her music and her performances, and she still remains humble and kind-hearted; you can see it in the way she treats others, in her blog entries and her UFO replies. Without a doubt she works hard at everything, but I see so many comments about her being "too Japanese", "too fat", "too plastic"; they spread rumors about her all over the place, and I've actually seen someone call her "a fool" for continuing to perform while she was sick. It's utterly ridiculous.

It's awful to think that BoA might be on the internet reading all the hurtful things that people say. She gives people music and amazing performances. She practices for hours and hours, she studies music so she can improve, and some people just disregard all of her work. I've pretty much dedicated myself to supporting her, to cancel out some of the negativity from the mean comments, so there's not much room left for other artists. For me, music is music, no matter what the language. BoA could be making music over in Greenland and I wouldn't care because the dedication and the effort would still be there in the music.

On a brighter note, I've also read that BoA was mentioned in several albums, but I'm not sure. I didn't even know that BoA was close to Lee Jae Won before I saw it, but I'd like to think that the "akkah jjang" they mentioned is BoA, lol. Actually, I just found Wheesung's and Lee Jae Won's thanks-to and they said "akkah jjang BoA", whoo. Maybe that's what the older guys call her, haha.

Guest xtehdeb

i wish boa would have a comeback already too ): i miss her korean songs lol.

does anyone know when that snsd thing where they perform the boa songs will be aired?(:

thanks~

I'm looking forward to the SNSD performance^^ It's cute for them to do a stage for their sunbae...it's an interesting choice of songs though. I really don't see how GoT is gonna work with 9 girls, but I guess SM will make it work, ahhaa. I thought they'd select songs like No.1 instead though...just because it fits with their current image more and it's one of BoA's biggest hits. I hope they do well~

I hate how netizens seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that celebrities are human too. I hate how they pay so much attention to the celebrities they hate too, lol. Seriously, why would you watch a documentary about BoA if you didn't even like her in the first place? Aren't there better ways to pass time? I totally agree with everything Mae, Jina, and Sue mentioned. It sucks how these kinds of comments stand out so much more...there are so many praises for this girl, but it's so much easier to spot all the negative comments about her.

I wish more news about the Anycall CF would come out...

The Wheesung bit was cute^^ I like how there's a whole bunch of news/clips of celebs talking about BoA now...like YoonDoHyun, Kim JaeDong, Wheesung...Stephanie's little comment about auditioning with "BoA unnie"'s song was cute too, ahhaha.

After reading Jina's reply about the Akkah Jjang thing, I went to do a little searching, and I found Lee JaeWon's thanks to from the first JTL album (I think? whichever one was in 2003), and there was a whole line for BoA. It's so cute :3 I never even knew they were close.

귀엽고 착하고 사랑스러운 재주많은 월드 스타 보아 짱 열심히 해 보아요~간밧테!

He says something like "Cute, talented, ____ world star BoA jjang work hard~ ganbatte!"

Guest V-ni@star

i agree at least she release any single in korean. at least twice a year.

btw i really hope there is news about her us debut.

we have heard about the news recently from kbs...

i hope they really did that...

Guest hanjin90
0o0o Wheesung went on MBC's Come on over/ Nul Luh Wa and he said that they text often to each other!! (the title of the article said they were texting buddies/friends lol)

they haven't really met outside of work (running into each other while they are active/performing)

and sometimes when they do talk on the phone they always say let's meet next time

he also said something like how he always wants to make a date (not a date date~ lol) to meet her but since hes the Oppa its kind of hard to say it first~ XD

awww~~ how cute <3 i think it's easier for him to invite her cus he's oppa,i REALLY want BoA to hang out with Whee Sung like she did with Hee Chul,Yeon Hee & Jin Ah. But then, crazy fans will call it a "DATE" if she & Whee Sung go out together lol

I'm looking forward to the SNSD performance^^ It's cute for them to do a stage for their sunbae...it's an interesting choice After reading Jina's reply about the Akkah Jjang thing, I went to do a little searching, and I found Lee JaeWon's thanks to from the first JTL album (I think? whichever one was in 2003), and there was a whole line for BoA. It's so cute :3 I never even knew they were close.

귀엽고 착하고 사랑스러운 재주많은 월드 스타 보아 짱 열심히 해 보아요~간밧테!

He says something like "Cute, talented, ____ world star BoA jjang work hard~ ganbatte!"

aww~ i dun know tat she's also close with Lee Jae Won :rolleyes: i like it when other artists mention BoA in their "Thanks to"

Can you imagine 9 girls doing the piggy back move for GOT? XD

thats gotta be interesting

i hope they make it so it fits their own style though. =)

haha gosh that will be hilarous with 9 people doing the piggy back ride...it'll end up looking like those err.. jump.. where u jump over the person in front of u who is bend over...

i guess these antis people sure have nothing to do..but to complain..

i hope BoA does not get affected by these..no worries BoA.. u still have us.... but do come back soon to korea...

didn't she mentioned that she'llbe spending soem tiem with her family during october rite?..wonder if she'll be in korea then...

suejinners really thats what they been saying

gosh thats kinda harsh and hurt full i mean

i know that she spend so much time in japan

rather than korea but gosh those comment are

really hurt full and she tries to go to korea and japan back and

forward even one NEWS said that its really hard

to impress the japanese people and that BoA is already on top

and very popular and hit many number one rank maybe she

trying to maintain that and make a tittle for koreans who do wish to gain

fame in japan she also opened the korean music

to the world and now alot of korean artists are spreading

there music to different part of regions and actually have

concerts and what not because of BoA

Guest chin_ai22

hi! i'm also a fan of boa. and i want to ask where i can download some of her songs.

im loving her version of last christmas, and i really want to used that song in our production in school, pls, help me. ;) thanks!

Guest hanjin90
hi! i'm also a fan of boa. and i want to ask where i can download some of her songs.

im loving her version of last christmas, and i really want to used that song in our production in school, pls, help me. ;) thanks!

BoAjjang forum is the best source if u want BoAs' stuffs

Guest kpopjunkie13

she really needs to make a korean album

after mist... i really miss her preforming in korean stage

shes not doing so well in japan

-----------------------

38217637pb5.gif

credits to: splotchydivinity & airen

Archived