Guest jnnfr

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ 2/27/08

wow~~ she's still no.1 even she hasnt been in Korea for a long timeeee

i'm happy because she won the pool, Korean fans still remember her <3

thanx for the info Sue Jin

lol of course... wasn't she like the 3rd most well paid celebrity in Korea for 2007?

Guest Joshorty

Well besides the size of the 'paycheque' she gets, BoA is simply BoA and she will be no.1 no matter what :D Until her comeback, o please let it be this year, I'm hoping it'd be a major breakthrough success. With her hiatus from Japan and later coming back, hopefully her comeback would then bring her better success than the one she is having now..which is meh...I'm really scared for her album not being able to go no.1 in the oricon, looking at the sales of the singles. I don't normally go with this but after consecutive no.1s, I hope this one does not drop down...

Guest hikki88

ith her hiatus from Japan and later coming back, hopefully her comeback would then bring her better success than the one she is having now..which is meh...I'm really scared for her album not being able to go no.1 in the oricon, looking at the sales of the singles. I don't normally go with this but after consecutive no.1s, I hope this one does not drop down...

well, so true... she mentioned before in an interview that its hard for her to maintain all the popularity and no.1 thingy but she's trying her best..

lets just hope the fans in japan and also outside japan will continue buying her upcoming cds

Guest astarael

Thank you for the pictures, Bum! :]

BoA is definitely at the top of the list of Korea's Power Women! But what do they mean by "power women"? Because BoA literally calls for girl power, lol, but maybe they mean a really strong, independent and successful woman.

Thanks for the translation, Qin! I feel so bad that BoA had to record during Christmas; I just feel like it's not necessary for her to sacrifice her holidays like that, she should've spent it with her family and friends, not by herself in the studio. But I can't wait to see and hear her new album~ I know some people aren't expecting much from it (I wish people would stop doubting her), and even though we want her to do well on the charts, it's not fair to her if we expect a no.1 album all the time. But this is BoA's work, I'll be looking forward to it. <333

I suppose it's one thing to do an interview with reporters around and another to do an interview in a room by yourself, but usually she throws in a smile or two, you know? And it's the new year. :[ But she looks drained and sick.

I was wondering, how long does BoA usually take to do promotions for her Japanese albums? I noticed that in Korea, she performs a lot on those music shows after her new album, which usually takes up several months, but in Japan, she does a lot of promotion for the singles before the album is released; I don't think she'd perform LYM/Sweet Impact/LL much after February. If she has an arena tour this year, maybe her Korean album will come out afterwards, in the summer; it's plausible, and maybe those lists and articles aren't entirely fake. Besides, it wouldn't look too good if her Japanese albums outnumbered her Korean albums.

There are the AnyBand CFs to look forward to as well, new songs and all that good stuff. :]

Guest LemonMud

Hi guys ^^.

I'm a pretty big Boa fan, but I wanted to ask something...

Boa once stated in an interview that she doesn't enjoy what's she's doing anymore and wants to study abroad. And at other forums, there's been people saying her career is going downward. Her Brand New Beat performance in December was a disappointment to many people that I've heard from, and it's causing people to think her career is suffering. Some are seeing it as a lack of enthusiasm. But not all people think she's falling; there were replies saying that her sales are still very good and the songs are catchy.

I was just wondering what you guys think.

Guest Joshorty

Neh I must have missed that performance - THIS '07 December we're talking about? I love that song. It was like a great 'comeback song' for BoA after the OUTGROW album, which I still love. Until Winter Love, those were

well, so true... she mentioned before in an interview that its hard for her to maintain all the popularity and no.1 thingy but she's trying her best..

lets just hope the fans in japan and also outside japan will continue buying her upcoming cds

You can already see that in her singles ugh...I remember people complaining KEY OF HEART had terrible sales..LOSE YOUR MIND is like half more less than that. I love KEY OF HEART honestly. It was a perfect single and will always be special. I got the single the time I was about to leave to Florida last year for Christmas break. WHAT A GREAT SONG to listen to while traveling. I'll never forget those memories. But yeah she's trying so hard as a singer. I'd love to see her write to a A-side track. I just hope Be With You will be so awesome that those who buy the single will look forward to the album immediately (they should have done like a 1 minute snippet preview track for BoA's album on the Be With You single...makes sense).

And yeah astarael now that you mentioned it, I don't think her promotions in Japan lasts as long as the promotions she had in Korea (which I honestly find more fun but I love Japan, too).

Guest Dirtycash23

Hi guys ^^.

I'm a pretty big Boa fan, but I wanted to ask something...

Boa once stated in an interview that she doesn't enjoy what's she's doing anymore and wants to study abroad. And at other forums, there's been people saying her career is going downward. Her Brand New Beat performance in December was a disappointment to many people that I've heard from, and it's causing people to think her career is suffering. Some are seeing it as a lack of enthusiasm. But not all people think she's falling; there were replies saying that her sales are still very good and the songs are catchy.

I was just wondering what you guys think.

I thought Loveletter was good and Lose your mind but she just seems to look

kinda tired I don't see that high powered energy from her first albums like Girls

on Top and Be the One or maybe she needs to rest sum and work on a huge killer

korean album that hits the top of the charts and knocks um out of their seats but thats

just my oppinion I know she's not neglecting her korean fans but their probably missing her......

well BOA hwaiting!

Guest V-ni@star

i think she is still doing ok.

u cant hopw she always do well every year.

every artist will face this stage of their career.

it is normal for me.

remember when she singing for anyband?

she is so powerful n ppl still love her.

she is still one of great artists in korea or japan

Guest suejinners

Lol yeah i just put down Power Women because thats was the actual wording they used. but yes Mae's guess of the definition is probably right~ a successful, independant, &strong woman

----------------------------

there has been a lot of discussions on how her 'career is going downwards' in Japan

Some people are telling the harsh truth and others were overthinking somethings especially since the release of that article.

I think we are taking it more seriously than most of her fans in korea.. well from what ive seen on the internet.

Everyone knew she was probably struggling with being lonely and being burnt out but no one expected her to come straight out and say it

Therefore it hit us hard.

Yes her sales aren't the best.. i know we want her to do well but is it hard to accept that artists can have some low points in their careers? With her constant releases that weren't the best but still okay songs.. i think we can all say that, that is one of the reasons why they weren't spectacular sales. Im not too familiar with the J-Industry but i think with a break for sometime for herself and to everyone else that works with her on those songs. they can come up with something brilliant&different... the time gone will also build up lots of anticipations. Not to mention that her comeback in Korea is overdue. no one is counting her cf's and ost songs as her being present in korea which is really annoying but thought to be true for them. And some ppl keeps questioning her performances and thinking negatively on how it looks like shes not trying hard enough. I never thought of that once.. she can't be perfect with every single performance. I know that aritcle has stuck with us but remind yourselves that she still loves to sing live and perform. she always says that.

all in all everything leads to the question...

are we expecting/wanting too much from her?

we know how hard she works... we KNOW that shes burnt out from doing so for many years...

I feel guilty as heck for wanting her to do a comeback in korea when i know that she needs a long richard simmons break.

I got so excited when i saw her name under those who are doing a comeback in 2008 (articles).. which leads me to think that.... will a korean comeback and activities close to her family make her feel better? Yes? even though she will be way busier with performing on all those shows every week..... i think it would be great for her to be home with her family. Im not trying to offend anyone.. I love all her releases whether they are Korean or Japanese. I just think that if they aren't going to give her a break soon and her plan to study abroad is years away... why not release a album and spend some time in korea... she always mentions how she misses her k fans and how she feels sorry for not being able to be with them........

okay im just blabbing on -__-

img311440sx6.gif

--

Guest crystal_t33rs

I just have to comment that I heard BoA's rendition of "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey from hr BoA X-Mas Live and her English has definitely improved. It sounded really good!

Guest EricXL

even ayumi hamasaki, avex's top-selling female artist, has had rough patches in her singing career.

she almost left avex due to her personal struggles and whatnot in 2001/2002?

but look where she is now...

she always has #1 singles out and top-selling albums...

BoA's in a similar situation. she feels down and burnt out, and we shouldn't be surprised.

as her fans, we shouldn't look down upon every one of her singles that doesn't sell a whole bunch.

if we like it, that's all that BoA cares about... to make her fans happy is the best thing she's got going for her.

so be happy, if not for yourself, for BoA. :]

Guest Joshorty

For sure we're not forgetting that she's still human. And for sure (I mean I think everyone kinda picked it up) that she's getting TIRED. Like ever since Winter Love was released, I started to feel that 'lag'. She can smile, do this and that for music videos but that doesn't necessarily mean she's happy.

As for other artists this year, they actually haven't been doing as well. BoA is definitely one of them. Honestly they should take a break! Everything is consecutive but it's in the contract after all. But like whoa this is overwhelming, just thinking about it.

I'm just lost...BoA signed the contract and she already knew by then that she wanted to pursue her dreams. I hope the conditions there allows her to jump out of the boat and take a break.

haha i love the gif u put at the end of ur post Sue...

oh well.. we'll just support her whatever she did...

she needs lots of supportive fans like us now...

anywa so with this upcoming new J-pop album..that means she'll have 6 japanese albums and 5 korean albums rite?

i alwiz got confused wth her korean album names.. was atlantis princess an album or single?

Archived