does skinny=attractive?

Guest kiwiwer

Guest kiwiwer
opinions plese
this is kind of a stupid topic, but since everyone's been dieting lately and the media is so obsessed with anorix looking people, how skinny do you think people have to be before their considered attractive? is being skinny even attractive? i meann.... like i used to consider size 3 (pants size) people skinny, but now they just seem normal. and does skinnyness make a big difference about how attractive someone is? like if you saw 2 identical twins, and 1 was a size 0, and the other was size 3, would the size 0 twin be more attractive? lol. i hope im not too confusing.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazy/beautiful

Skinny doesn't necessarily mean attractive.

A lot of guys like girls with curves. x]

True... nobody wants a stick nowadays, but not too meaty for some guys.

Guest d-graymang

Anorexia is the extreme, and I don't think anyone should have to resort to it. However, I do notice that some girls with chubbier faces would look a lot better if they lost some weight ^^;;

Guest PrincessBoa

*Sighs* Judging from people who are dieting to be 'stick-thin' like the celebrites..probably yes. But to me, people that are TOO skinny are.. I dunno. I'm pretty skinny myself, and I often get 'Why don't you gain some weight?' and another annoying things like that. X_X. I hate how people can't just like themselves, like their body type.. =/ But I understand if you're obses and need to lose some weight, but people who purposely diet.. like diet so much they go to the hospital..than..

*huggies*

PrincessBoa

Guest epic_darkness

I think that skinny really doesn't mean attractiveness, because some people are just meant not to be thin because it doesn't look good on them. The whole media idea of thinness equally prettyness is very dumb because if you really compare things, the North American world is not skinny, the average person is either a little chubby or overweight there is just a very small percent that is skinny. Seeing people who are size 0 or smaller sometimes freaks me out unless they are naturally like that, and by looking at some people you can see that it's just the way they were born but other people dieting like crazy to be like that shouldn't, they should just be happy with how they are because as soon as they lose the weight they are going to find something else that bothers them and it's going to keep going on like that.

Sorry about the rant...., it's just these things get to me sometimes.

Skinny doesn't necessarily mean attractive.

A lot of guys like girls with curves. x]

true xD. i think some people look better a bit meaty than skinny (like hillary duff :x). most of my friends are pretty tiny (85-95lbs) and they make me look like a bloat :x

Guest brown eyes

Different strokes for different folks.

But I like girls skinny.

Skinny = beautiful.

That's just for me. Some guys like fat girls, and that's cool. Fat girls need love too.

Guest pprMNTE

Not necessarily skinny. Maybe thin would be a better word?

But I do agree with padlet--I think face matters more, and there's no difference for me between a size 3 and a size 1.

Guest chibifry

I think especially very recently.. skinny to the point where you see hip bones, collarbones, elbows jutting out etc. is seen as thin and beautiful.

From what I've seen,

Now being a size 3 is totally normal and average. You are not thin if you're a size 3. Thin means being a size 0, if not a size 00. Suddenly 105 lbs at 5'2 isn't skinny. Many girls I know now are dieting who are just over 100 lbs at the "average Asian girl height", around 5'2 ~5'4. Its like over 100 lbs = mortification.

Guest Kay*Kay

skinny is not attractive if theyre a stick. n they look unhealthy.

being fit and having a nice toned body is attractive now i guess

People should really stop using the terms "skinny" or "fat" or whatever because those terms are all relative to culture and society. Instead, try using more accurate terms to convey what your opinions.

I'm not attracted to "skinny" girls or to "fat" girls. I'm attracted to girls who are fit, firm, and healthy-looking (as well as healthy.)

Guest jooyeon

Well most guys I know like "healthy" girls. Not fat, but they like meat on a girl. This one guy I know likes 5'5 girls that wear 3-5 pants size.

Archived