Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Guest erure

Okay, that's what I thought...Thanks! I plan on using my discount as well =)

Another question...(I'm a PC user so don't mind me!) Does Macbook Pro already have built-in wireless internet connection? Or do I have to buy a modem?

It has it built in.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Millou

urg...i bought my MP a month ago...and for some reason my right speakers don't work anymore...they were just find yesterday...

anyone know how i can fix it :tears:

edit:

nvm...hahaha i just noticed that my headphone is still plugged in.....hahahaha :ph34r::sweatingbullets::phew::D

Guest Xarthan

urg...i bought my MP a month ago...and for some reason my right speakers don't work anymore...they were just find yesterday...

anyone know how i can fix it :tears:

edit:

nvm...hahaha i just noticed that my headphone is still plugged in.....hahahaha :ph34r::sweatingbullets::phew::D

lol, that's pretty funny :)

Guest ebae89

i am a future macbook user :)

can't wait!! :D

but is there a plan to buy a mac?? like i can pay monthly??

cuz i can't afford to buy it all at once...

youknow?

and i heard you get a free printer and ipod.. is that true?

how would they know you're a college student?

cuz i'm going to "try" to get it right when i graduate from high school.. so is it possible to get student discount?

Guest ookikioo

im pretty sure you dont get a free ipod or printer otherwise i was definitely shafted. although, i know you can get student discounts on the mac website

Guest ookikioo

hmm im confused. if i buy airport extreme 802.11 enabler, will i have internet on my macbook? right now, i have to unplug the ethernet cable from my dell computer and plug it into my macbook to have internet on there.

Guest min_60

I really want to buy a MacBook but a lot of my friends say its inconvenient as in most of the programs like video converter and other stuff are prepared for windows....Is it advisable if i get a MacBook?

Guest Millou

Actually, when i bought my MBP i got a free printer...but i have to leave it behind with my cousin, cause i couldn't bring it over :(

Guest ehytee7

i am a future macbook user :)

can't wait!! :D

but is there a plan to buy a mac?? like i can pay monthly??

cuz i can't afford to buy it all at once...

youknow?

and i heard you get a free printer and ipod.. is that true?

how would they know you're a college student?

cuz i'm going to "try" to get it right when i graduate from high school.. so is it possible to get student discount?

when i got my macbook pro.. i was given a free printer and iPod..

but for the iPod, they only gave nanos for free..

my dad wanted to get the 30 gig one, so he paid extra for it..

yea.. i think there's a plan for mac laptops..

if you visit apple store.. it indicates there how much you pay approximately per month..

like as low as $48/ month for a 15 inch 2.4 GHz macbook pro..

i'm sure they'll ask for your student id and the name of your current school..

Guest sp4078

Hey, anybody knows if put the macbook into sleep is better than turning it off every night ? I heard it somewhere but kinda doubt it. They say that it takes more energy to start up macbook than just wake it up from its sleep and only turn it off every 2 -3 days. So it's better for the battery life.

Is that true ?

As for question about Internet and airport, all mac laptops has wireless enable, you can access wireless effortlessly and it's fast. At least for my macbook. About airport, if you have a printer, plug it in airport and you have wireless printing. If you don't have wireless internet, plug it in and you have wireless internet. If you have Apple TV or more than a mac then you can connect them by wireless. Briefly like that. Hope that help.

Guest motsfleuris

^ I did that not-turning-off-the-mac thing, and it really killed my battery ): Thank goodness for guarantees.

What I actually do is take out the battery when i'm not using it. So when it's plugged up, it's plugged up, and I use the battery less.

QUESTION!

I'm pretty irritated with iTunes, it's doing stuff that I don't want it to do, and really, I can't stand how it connects to the internet without my permission.

Is there a good alternative to iTunes that anyone can suggest?

I don't have an iPod so anything goes for me :)

Guest Bamboo

I just received my new black Macbook today as a graduation present from a teacher I've known for long time. I wish I hadn't opted for the 4GB version because I could have installed 4GB of RAM myself for half the cost Apple charges. Oh well.

If you guys have tried both Microsoft Office for Mac and iWorks, which do you prefer?

Guest Xarthan

I just received my new black Macbook today as a graduation present from a teacher I've known for long time. I wish I hadn't opted for the 4GB version because I could have installed 4GB of RAM myself for half the cost Apple charges. Oh well.

If you guys have tried both Microsoft Office for Mac and iWorks, which do you prefer?

I really prefer pages in iwork

Guest Millou

^ I did that not-turning-off-the-mac thing, and it really killed my battery ): Thank goodness for guarantees.

What I actually do is take out the battery when i'm not using it. So when it's plugged up, it's plugged up, and I use the battery less.

i heard that the computer won't work as fast as when the battery isn't taken out.

So i was thinking if it would be a good idea to take the battery out if i work with programs like Indesign, Ps...My MBP won't crash right :ph34r:

Guest Xarthan

i heard that the computer won't work as fast as when the battery isn't taken out.

So i was thinking if it would be a good idea to take the battery out if i work with programs like Indesign, Ps...My MBP won't crash right :ph34r:

no that is totally not right and whoever you heard it from is giving you bad information.

Guest sp4078

^ If you take out the battery while using the computer and if someone trips over your power cord, wouldn't the power be blown like a candle ? :( With the magsafe, sometimes I accidently plug it out without knowing.

I really wanted to like iWorks, but Numbers is horribly slow after a while. I tried out Excel and have stuck with Office since...

Guest Xarthan

^ If you take out the battery while using the computer and if someone trips over your power cord, wouldn't the power be blown like a candle ? :( With the magsafe, sometimes I accidently plug it out without knowing.

yup, its better to just leave the battery in.

Guest naoto

alright boys (and girls). I saved up enough but I don't know if I want a macbook or a mac mini, now that I'm out of school I don't need the portable-ness. I was wondering:

they all say you don't need anti-spyware for a mac because spyware doesn't exist. Some apple fanboys that I know don't even run an anti-virus. But they all have illegal programs installed on their computers (photoshop or whatever, all from torrent sites). None of those files have spyware/virus? All the windows stuff you get from torrents these days are loaded with spyware. Mac torrents are clean?

Archived