LOST

Guest oh so delicious

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Happy_Day

i thought the guy who plays michael was off to do bigger and better things? he's back now?

okay, this is my last random question.

Guest HERMIT

^

Well the only role of any note, at least that I can recall, was on the movie "28 Weeks Later" as the helicopter pilot. He does have another 3 projects that are in the works through 2008 (per Imdb)

edit: more info ...

The 44-year-old actor from New York tenses up when he talks about the third season. Perrineau was the only one of the 14 original "Lost" cast members to not appear in a third-season flashback, mind-bending vision or otherwise. He says he "wasn't so happy" about the creative decision to leave Michael and Walt off the island and focus on others.

"I was hurt, really hurt," said Perrineau. "I told myself I had to watch the show, so I at least knew what was going on in case I was brought back, but then I was like, 'Why?' I never knew what was going on before. Why should I start trying to figure it out now?"

Instead of waiting by the phone to hear if his character would return to the series, Perrineau moved on to other projects, including a part in the film "28 Weeks Later" and a role in the CBS pilot "Demons." When "Demons" didn't get picked up, that made room in Perrineau's schedule to get "Lost" again.

"I started with 'Lost,' so I really want to see Michael until the end," says Perrineau. "I don't know what that means. I guess I won't know what that means until the end. I just know I didn't want Michael and Walt to get on that boat and that be it. That didn't seem so cool."

Perrineau believes "Lost" masterminds Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof really do have a plan for Michael, and he thinks it might finally come together now that he's returned to fray. Of all the questions Perrineau has about his character, the one thing he's most interested to know is surprisingly simple.

"It seems like all the other characters on the island have dealt with redemption, in some form or another," said Perrineau. "But not Michael. He's only ever contended with being a father. The thing I want to know is: Why was Michael put on the island in the first place?"

Now that Perrineau's back, maybe he'll get his answer.

Guest Happy_Day

^ Sad! I always heard that he was the one who refused to come back as Michael because he wanted to focus on movies. :( Oh well, at least he's back now.

Anyway, I realized that he played Mercutio in Romeo + Juliet, and he's phenomenal. Good actor.

Guest Myss Blewm

^ For the reals? I think Kate is the most boring character. I hate her flashbacks/forwards.

My favorites:

-Hurley

-Desmond

-Sayid

-Locke

I used to love Charlie-heavy episodes as well.

Guest Happy_Day

Locke and Hurley flashbacks are really boring. I always groan when I realize an episode is going to be about one of them.

Guest 5imply_5wt

my favourites are actually desmond, sayid , jin and sun =D

i really don't like hurley flash back and forth..==

Guest kiss*kiss

i have a list of boring characters

they are:

claire, sun, and jin.

if an episode were based on those three i would be bored.

my favs are:

daniel faraday

locke (i liked his past episodes)

jack

kate

who are your favs and not so favs?

not favs

kate

hurley

favs

daniel faraday (i love this guy)

sun

jack

on the bench

sawyer

sayid

desmond

the girl doctor (her name has just totally slipped my mind)

+ everyone else

Guest graceyoon

i love them all!!! these writers man they never fail to surprise, like the jin & sun ep i wasn't expecting much but then it wasn't bad at all, and then the desmond ep i was expecting it to be one of the good ones but it was even better!!!

Guest HeffyEnd

i love them all!!! these writers man they never fail to surprise, like the jin & sun ep i wasn't expecting much but then it wasn't bad at all, and then the desmond ep i was expecting it to be one of the good ones but it was even better!!!

Quoted for truth.

My favorite chracters are Locke, Sayid and Desmond, so I always looks forward to their episodes in particular. And who doesn't love Hurley? I think they're all necessary though, and I haven't really found any boring.

I've been busy this week so I couldn't watch Lost until last night. :( Great episode. Lost never fails to throw people off track.

Since some one dies next week, I'm guessing Jin since he's supposedly going to die. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's not him, and they just want you to think people like him and Claire (because of Aaron) are going to die, when they just got left behind on the island for whatever reason.

It was painfully obvious it was going to be Michael on the boat. Ahem, I mean Kevin Johnson. I'm looking forward to his episode on Wednesday.

Guest HERMIT

Burning questions

Just a number of questions I'd like to throw out there to promote some speculation:

Do you believe Captain Gault when he says that Ben staged the plane wreckage? Or do you think Widmore might be behind the fake wreckage site? Ben could be responsible for it to throw off rescuers/search parties (including Widmore) from finding the island. At the same time, an argument could be made that Widmore could be responsible to keep from other search parties from continuing the search - so that he could find the island for himself and without any outside interference.

The news reports indicated that there were 324 confirmed dead in the wreckage. This is corroborated in that earlier flashback episode when Ben, Juliet, and Mikhail were watching the news reports after the crash had occured. So how can the Oceanic 6 be explained? None of the flash forwards seem to indicate the outside world finding discrepancies in the number dead and this "magic 6" appearing as survivors. How do you think the show would explain this? Or is this just a flaw in the writing?

It's implied that Ben wants to keep the island secret. It could be assumed that Widmore wants the island to himself and likely to keep the island secret from the outside world. Now, it's also implied that the Oceanic 6 are rescued from "an island". Do you think it's the same island? Or do you think that maybe they were "planted" on another island to be rescued? For that matter, do you think that Widmore/the freighter people are ultimately responsible for the Oceanic 6's rescue - or perhaps they were rescued from some other 'rescue party'? Keep in mind, with all the 'cloak and dagger' manuevers perpetrated between either Ben or Widmore, it wouldn't seem in their best interests to reveal their interests and ulterior motives on such a "prized" island. Or could it?

In Sayid's flashback, we see that Ben is alive and well off-island and able to direct contract hits on his enemies. Does this imply that he "won" the island battle between himself and Widmore? Since Abaddon impersonated an Oceanic representative and probed Hurley in the mental hospital if there were any more survivors, that too would imply that Widmore didn't ultimately get the "island prize" ... or at least figured it out. If this is the case and Ben/the Others maintain control of the Island - then to what benefit does having 6 survivors getting off the island serve? If Ben were the one responsible for the fake wreckage, then he's better served if the outside world believed that ALL were dead so as to cast off suspicion. Yet, it seems that he too orchestrated the survivors to make it off the island and do his bidding (Sayid is his hitman, the others seem to keep up a cover story.)

What's the most plausible theory can you come up with to 'connect the dots' between the current island situation and the state of affairs as portrayed in the flashed forward future?

:wacko:

about 2 weeks ago i saw josh holloway.

2 days ago i saw daniel dae kim.

when i saw the both of them they both had long hair which coincides with the way their characters look on the current season.

my bf saw harold perrineau after the episode aired about walt and michael leaving the island.

it was toward the end of the year (2007) this was before the writers strike. which leads me to believe he will probably come back because of the appearance of walt to locke

are they as hot in person?!?!?! i would die if i saw daniel dae kim in person. and josh holloway is super hot too. my bro says harold perrineau played mercutio in the romeo and juliet with claire danes and leo dicaprio. he has range.

not fave (meaning i find them and their stories boring): kate sayid

fave (meaning i'm happy whenever these characters are centered in an episode): sun jin hurley faraday locke jack sawyer desmond juliet

Guest Myss Blewm

Burning questions

Just a number of questions I'd like to throw out there to promote some speculation:

Do you believe Captain Gault when he says that Ben staged the plane wreckage? Or do you think Widmore might be behind the fake wreckage site? Ben could be responsible for it to throw off rescuers/search parties (including Widmore) from finding the island. At the same time, an argument could be made that Widmore could be responsible to keep from other search parties from continuing the search - so that he could find the island for himself and without any outside interference.

The news reports indicated that there were 324 confirmed dead in the wreckage. This is corroborated in that earlier flashback episode when Ben, Juliet, and Mikhail were watching the news reports after the crash had occured. So how can the Oceanic 6 be explained? None of the flash forwards seem to indicate the outside world finding discrepancies in the number dead and this "magic 6" appearing as survivors. How do you think the show would explain this? Or is this just a flaw in the writing?

It's implied that Ben wants to keep the island secret. It could be assumed that Widmore wants the island to himself and likely to keep the island secret from the outside world. Now, it's also implied that the Oceanic 6 are rescued from "an island". Do you think it's the same island? Or do you think that maybe they were "planted" on another island to be rescued? For that matter, do you think that Widmore/the freighter people are ultimately responsible for the Oceanic 6's rescue - or perhaps they were rescued from some other 'rescue party'? Keep in mind, with all the 'cloak and dagger' manuevers perpetrated between either Ben or Widmore, it wouldn't seem in their best interests to reveal their interests and ulterior motives on such a "prized" island. Or could it?

In Sayid's flashback, we see that Ben is alive and well off-island and able to direct contract hits on his enemies. Does this imply that he "won" the island battle between himself and Widmore? Since Abaddon impersonated an Oceanic representative and probed Hurley in the mental hospital if there were any more survivors, that too would imply that Widmore didn't ultimately get the "island prize" ... or at least figured it out. If this is the case and Ben/the Others maintain control of the Island - then to what benefit does having 6 survivors getting off the island serve? If Ben were the one responsible for the fake wreckage, then he's better served if the outside world believed that ALL were dead so as to cast off suspicion. Yet, it seems that he too orchestrated the survivors to make it off the island and do his bidding (Sayid is his hitman, the others seem to keep up a cover story.)

What's the most plausible theory can you come up with to 'connect the dots' between the current island situation and the state of affairs as portrayed in the flashed forward future?

:wacko:

I'm going to just type out what's coming up in my mind at the moment because I've been up for HOURS, I'm eating, and I just watched my team lose a game they could have easily won (defense sucked). No time to think it all through and write a nice essay about it though I would prefer to. :lol:

With the questions you have just thrown at us, I am under the impression that Ben and the Others still have "hold" of the island and Widmore is still unable to get his grasps onto owning the island. perhaps some of his Widmore's people backstabbed him and joined Ben for things that Ben has offered them (he's the ultimate manipulator). I can believe that Ben set up a stage "island" for the Oceanic 6 to be found and let those six go, forcing them all to tell a tall tale about how they crashed and survived but it was only six of them. As for WHY those six were chosen, it's still a bit of mystery; I want to believe that Ben strikes a deal with Sayid to get off the island, then Ben turns to Jack and tells him that he promised Jack that Jack could get off the island so Jack goes willingly. Juliet is also told by Ben that since he promised her to freedom to leave the island, but she knows that if Sun does not leave the island she will die, so Juliet gives up her "leave the island" pass to Sun. As for Kate, Aaron, and Hurley I don't know. Maybe their names were drawn from a hat.

I think the biggest thing so far is that Sayid struck a deal with Ben. Sayid agreed to do whatever Ben commands to make sure the island is a secret and everyone on the island lives and will eventually be taken off the island.

How John Lock figures into all this, I still am trying to figure this out. Either he gets killed (doubtful though) or he is in on the deal between the Oceanic 6 and Ben. Widmore is still using all his powers and money to try to take over the island.

Guest j1youngxj3

anyone who lives in PA or times near PA...is lost coming on tv for you?? some weird show is on instead....!! where's lost...i thought it was recap episode at 8 and then real show at 9...?

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

are they as hot in person?!?!?! i would die if i saw daniel dae kim in person. and josh holloway is super hot too. my bro says harold perrineau played mercutio in the romeo and juliet with claire danes and leo dicaprio. he has range.

Yea, they are all hot in person. it amazes me how they all look like models.

Naomi and the other people told the survivors that the plane was discovered with all the bodies. So, is it true, or is it something that they were told by their Boss Mr. Widmore? Perhaps, the news reports that showed the crash having no survivors was a faked news report. Thats how Ben and the Others know that there is problem because they have seen the survivors. If everyone in the world thinks that the survivors are dead, nobody would go through the trouble of trying to find the plane. Maybe, the reason why the plane wreckage was faked was to keep anyone from trying to find the island. The fake wreckage could have been planted by Ben (who didnt want anyone else finding his island), or Penelopes Dad (who wants the island to himself and doesnt want anyone else having it). Another possibility is that Ben faked the wreckage, and the day the sky turned purple Mr. Widmore got a signal from the island. Ben and Widmore have a lot of money so I would think that either one of them can manipulate whatever they wanted to since they have so many resources. Right now, I am kind of confused as to how there are 6, but I'm sure theres a crazy explanation for it.

Archived