Rie Fu

sgwannabe

Wonderful voice; sang Life Is Like A Boat for Bleach ending
riefuve8.jpg

Rie fu (りえふ Rie Fu)

Birthday: January 11, 1985

Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan

Respected Musicians: Aimee Mann, Beck, Ben Harper, The Doors, Fiona Apple, Jack Johnson, Moby Grape, and Mazzy Star

DISCOGRAPHY

Single

* "Rie who!?" (2004-03-24)

* "Life is Like a Boat" (2004-09-23) (Used in the anime Bleach as an ending song)

* "I Wanna Go To A Place..." (2005-04-27) (Used in Gundam SEED Destiny as an ending song)

* "Negaigoto (2005-08-31)

* "Tiny Tiny Melody" (2006-03-08)

* "Until I Say" (2006-07-19)

Album

* Rie fu (2005-01-19)

* Rose Album (2006-03-24)

Rie fu is a student at the University of the Arts London right now. Her major is fine art painting but it has been shifting from fashion to even graphic designing. She often designs much of her own album and single booklets, and Rie's own paintings are often featured in them. She commutes between the United Kingdom and Japan for recording and promoting her songs. She speaks English fluently because from 1992-1995 (7-10 yrs old) she lived in Maryland. After 1995, she returned to Japan. In 2000, she learned to play the guitar which eventually led her to send a demo tape to Sony, where she was signed. So, her first single debut, LIFE IS LIKE A BOAT was chosen as the anime Bleach's ending theme. Again in 2005, her single , I Wanna Go To A Place... was used as the theme to the Japanese release of the 2005 British movie Heidi. Recently, she performed the ending theme, Tsukiakari, to the anime series Darker than Black.

CREDIT: WIKIPEDIA

Guest itrayya

that's one of the japanese songs that i like singing too.

she sounds really good.

*nobody knows who i really am....*

Loved this song when I first heard this song as Bleach's ending theme.

She looks like she's talking in that picture. o__O

Guest orengi

Haven't heard much of Rie Fu..

I really liked the Bleach Ending theme.. the Gundam Seed Destiny theme was pretty cool too ;).

Guest Mz.Mo0.NiQu3

i`m so addicted to her voice..,

it`s likeee..,, i don`t knoww~

but it`s reallie pretty~

i lovee life is like a boat :]

ps. is there an english version of life is like a boat o_O;

• 5 months later...
Guest simplirain

I just discover her recently and she's pretty good. Her music is pretty relaxing. Me likee. xD

Her newest single is awesome. 5000 Miles <333

• 2 years later...
Guest Oreo_Chan

i find her voice really soothing i really like her song from bleach ;3

i also really like her song I So Wanted (Y) really good

especially the english version

Guest alexham

her songs are really soothing....how she can just use a guitar and sing, i don't know why so few have heard of her though..

her songs are really soothing....how she can just use a guitar and sing, i don't know why so few have heard of her though..

most people knew her through bleach (though i'm an exception). "Life is like a boat' was not the first song I heard from her, my first rie fu song was "tiny tiny melody" and I was like..."great voice! who's this??".

But yeah she's so underrated in japan. I hope she can come to the states to perform. Few months ago she was in NYC!!

Archived