[drama 2007] '9 End 2 Outs' 9회말 2아웃

Guest yeohweping

i'm not 100% sure cuz i only managed to gloss over eps 1 & 2 before i worked on translating ep3 but here's my take on it......

Nan Hee was fed up with the sad state of her life and how her mum's always nagging at her for that as well

so after a quarrel with her mum (and also what the fortune teller said about her bringing bad luck to the rest of the family)

Nan Hee decided to move out to challenge herself for growth.

at the same time Hyung Tae decided to take a 6-month soul-searching trip (with money he got from a deposit for his previous house or something)

and if i'm not wrong, Nan Hee offered him her whole life savings as rental for her to stay at his place while he's gone.

i don't think they initially had plans to be living together, Nan Hee was only going to stay there till she can find a place

so she wouldn't be at Hyung Tae's place by the time he came back from his trip 6 months later?!

but somehow Hyung Tae came back early and couldn't give Nan Hee any money back so she couldn't rent another place outside

so they decided to bunk in together and share out the cost of living for 6 months.

Ah I see. Thanks for the translation. ^_^

Random but who doesn't love Lee Jung Jin's array of expressions? I think I'm going to be in love with him before Nan Hee is haha.

I like how they use the hand camera for some scenes, makes the show feel a little more realistic.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jihye87

^thanks for the pics! this drama is the reason i've been staying home every weekend the last two weeks ..

a great comeback role for both Su Ae and LJJ .. I can't wait for epi 4!

I almost couldn't recognise Lee Tae Sung as the young punk .. :)

Guest jihye87

lil contributions here ..

the distorted but cute captures. all heads involved, were seriously enlarged.

9s.jpg

92.jpg

i totally love this ..

xzx.jpg

yanks off shoe! do not dirty my floor!

17fss.jpg

source:daum

Guest yee731

Drama " Two Outs in the Ninth Inning "

351.jpg

icon01.gif60 min

icon02.gifSoo-ae, Lee Jung-jin

icon03.gifHan Chul-su

icon04.gifYeo ji-na

icon08.gif2007-07-14

icon_syn.gif

In life and in baseball, you need comebacks!

A love story about two characters played by the lovely actress Soo-ae and handsome actor Lee Jung-jin.

A poet once said that the party is over at 30 but “Two Outs, Bottom of the Ninth” counters that with the mantra that the party starts at the age of 30. Hong Nan-hee (actress Soo-ae) has never hit a home run in life, not to mention a single as she reaches 30. She thought she worked hard to get ahead in life but all she has are some small savings in her bank account and a mother nagging her to get married. But she has one thing to be happy about in her life. Her current boyfriend is Jung-joo, a talented baseball pitcher who is aiming to play in the big leagues in America and eight years her junior. But her mother disapproves of her daughter’s crazy choice.

One day, a childhood friend of Nan-hee appears in her life. And he’s Hyung-tae (actor Lee Jung-jin). Hyung-tae thinks he got over Nan-hee but is that really true? As a friend tells Hyung-tae that life begins at the bottom of the ninth with two outs, we’ll see how the game of life unfolds.

Life imitates baseball. You always get a second chance even when you’re losing. The 4th batter at the plate could drive in a home run at the bottom of the ninth inning to win the game or the opposing team could make a game-losing mistake and allow the player on third base to score. The game of baseball is full of surprises and comebacks. There are times when you need to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to pinch-hit a single down the field. Or you have to take a bunt to send a fellow player home. Fly balls... Pitchers intentionally walking the hitter... These are a few of the baseball strategies that are used to sacrifice a play to win the game. The pitcher tries to outsmart the batter and the batter waits for the change-up pitch to smack the ball out of the stadium. In baseball, every player, coach, and benchwarmer has to be on his toes. Because there’s no way of knowing when a careless pitch, a wrong swing at bat, or a lousy catch will lose the game for the team. This TV series is for thirtysomething folks. It’s a story that they can relate to because most of them are living it right now. When you turn 30, your life starts imitating baseball as you find yourself with two outs at the bottom of the ninth. Of course, there are a few lucky ones who have hit a few singles down the line into left field in the 7th inning to maintain a comfortable lead. But that’s not always the case. It’s actually very rare. We go through lost opportunities and difficulties in life as the game slowly comes to an end. We get weary from the dating game, betrayed by ex-lovers, and upset over how society gives us the cold shoulder. Our health starts to deteriorate and the mental stress gets unbearable as we glumly watch the game of life reach the bottom of the ninth inning.

At the first-at-bat, you hesitate and get struck out. Then at the second-at-bat, you swing recklessly and get struck out a second time. Now you’re losing your breath and your energy levels start to drop precipitously. All the missed chances start to run through your mind over and over again like a slow-mo replay. You get nervous as you edge closer to the strike zone because the last time you did that, the pitcher hit you in the calf. Ouch! But you’ve got to do what a guy has to do. And that’s to never lose hope. In baseball, the game isn’t over even when you’re losing. In life, it’s not over until you die, which could be crueler in several ways. 2 outs at the bottom of the ninth... The next batter on your team trudges towards the plate. Let’s see whether the weary player will manage to hit the ball in the last inning. Because you never know... Someone might just hit a home run to save the game. Like they say, it’s not over until the fat lady sings...

source:http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=352

fr: koreanwind

Guest ripgal

All of you understand the game of baseball?

I don't know anything about it..so I can't really relate to Nan Hee illustrating her life such as a baseball game. Somebody pls care to explain? hehehe..^_^

Guest Slicerwind

Well to put it simply:

1st base is like getting to know eachother

2nd base is like intimate

3rd base is like kissing

4th/home is all the way

Its all in perspective. You want to get around all the bases, so just equate that in terms of love while you're watching. The analogies made are pretty simple. It doesnt have to be like the way I said above, as long as you understand the context they are talking in when they switch to the random baseball scenes.

Guest yc630621

All of you understand the game of baseball?

I don't know anything about it..so I can't really relate to Nan Hee illustrating her life such as a baseball game. Somebody pls care to explain? hehehe..^_^

Baseball has 9 innings.

In each inning, there are 2 halves.

The host plays offense (batting) in the first half.

The guest team plays offense in the second half.

The offense is over after you get 3 "outs".

9End means second half of the last inning.

2Out means the game will be over with 1 more out.

9End2Outs means the game is getting very close to end,

a metaphor of an old virgin not getting married at 30 years old.

Guest yc630621

Well to put it simply:

1st base is like getting to know eachother

2nd base is like intimate

3rd base is like kissing

4th/home is all the way

Its all in perspective. You want to get around all the bases, so just equate that in terms of love while you're watching. The analogies made are pretty simple. It doesnt have to be like the way I said above, as long as you understand the context they are talking in when they switch to the random baseball scenes.

The following is the NC-17 version.

Photo ID is required to read it. :blush:

1st base is kissing

2nd base is touching upper body

3rd base is touching lower body

4th base is going all the way

Do you seriously believe there is only 1 base between kissing and going all the way?

Or maybe only old generations take more time/effort going through the "process".

Guest Slicerwind

Well it was just a quick sketch. You know in the drama they show a home run a couple of times and its not like there was hot steamy sex. Lol.

Its all in relation to whats happening in the drama.

Anyhow, this drama rocks so much so far. I really really really hope it doesn't become corny and stupid with that teenager girl. Evil teenager girl that goes to evil depths to get her dream pitcher, ugh, so dumb.

Guest vivjelly

Soo Ae and LJJ are super cute in their baseball uniforms!! Especially SA with those dangling round earrings.

Hahahaha those big headed screencaps are great!

The following is the NC-17 version.

Photo ID is required to read it. :blush:

1st base is kissing

2nd base is touching upper body

3rd base is touching lower body

4th base is going all the way

Do you seriously believe there is only 1 base between kissing and going all the way?

Or maybe only old generations take more time/effort going through the "process".

I was wondering about that 1 base jump myself :lol: .

Guest Feelings

it's funny how soo ae's college boyfriend is a tough mafia type guy in the drama, "time of the dog and the wolf".

his role is so much different than the one he has in that other drama. lol.

Archived